122 S. Oak Street
Telluride, CO 81435Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.flavortelluride.com/
- Phone: 9702396047
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 2:00pm, Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 2:00pm, Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Eckert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: All levels of on and off-site private and special event catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Eckert 9702396047
- Entertainment: HD Screens & full audio/video capabilities for any event or private party.
A word from Flavor Telluride
Flavor Telluride’s imaginative and robust menu comes to life in the newly,modernized Historic Dahl Haus. Just steps from the Gondola, the simple yet meticulous décor celebrates Telluride’sContinued
incredible landscape and is a perfect setting for Flavor Telluride’s inspiring seasonal cuisine of hearty soups, fresh salads, signature sandwiches and lovely vegetarian dishes.
incredible landscape and is a perfect setting for Flavor Telluride’s inspiring seasonal cuisine of hearty soups, fresh salads, signature sandwiches and lovely vegetarian dishes.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flavor Telluride reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Fantastic!ninkasi13VIPDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful food and service! We would return in a second! I had the lamb which was perfect and wonderfully prepared. My fiancé had the Kobe steak and it was amazing as well. It was such a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The service was shockingly unprofessional for a restaurant that appears to be trying to be upscale. Overall the food was ok, but not outstanding.
- Excellent dinnerGAtexDined on 8/12/2014Have eaten at all the top spots in town, but I have to say that my meal at Flavor was the best!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for uniquely prepared food.Paul2Dined on 8/12/2014Enjoyed the lamb which has a coffee rub. Wife had salmon, very pleased with portion and quality. A must is the mussels. Very unique broth that will stay your favorite for some time to come. Chef visited our table to proudly explain his special ingredients.Special Features:
- Loved the resturant !DeborahDined on 7/19/2014Four of us dined and we ordered different entrees. We had salmon , mussels , scallops and oysters. My husband said the were the best oysters he has ever had. We loved it and ready to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014The servers seemed to have an attitude and weren't very friendly. The service wasn't real bad, but they definitely weren't paying attention when you were ordering.Special Features:
- The following 49 reviews are from the Flavor Telluride reviews archive.
- Overpriced. Mediocre food.AmyGVIPDined on 3/25/2014Made a reservation on Open Table 24 hrs in advance for our party of 6 (four kids) . We were literally the only ones eating in the restaurant. Ambiance is fine. Service was fine. Food was mediocre - way overpriced for what it was. Everything was spicy, even though it was not noted on the menu - not good for kids. Menu said salad came with grape tomatoes - arrived without tomatoes - when I asked, the waitress delivered a plate of cherry tomatoes - a small thing, sure, but for a $11 salad, I'd expect it to arrive as noted. We ordered a variety of dishes medium rare - some came medium or medium well. Basically, a fine meal, but for the price, I'd go elsewhere.
- Was good - not any moreDisappointedVIPDined on 3/15/2014Ate there three times last year after it opened and found it to be terrific food, rivaling Cosmo and La Marmotte. Went back this time - hamburgers OK, coffee dusted lamb inedible - horrendous burned flavor with notes of cumin. Soggy ?pickled brussel sprouts. A bummer. They should figure out what they were doing last year and get back to it.
- The snapperAaronADined on 2/8/2014They had a special, whole snapper for two, which apparently the chef didnt know how to cook. It was brought to the table twice and was raw in the middle. However, the appitizers were nice.
- Quaint restaurant with excellentluv2dineVIPDined on 2/1/2014Quaint restaurant with excellent food. Our only disappointment was that the wine list on the website is not representative of the actual wine list. If wine is important, I would call ahead to see what they have on hand. Otherwise, an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceVicAbbWalJefDined on 1/30/2014The food here is awesome. We had crab cakes, mussels and fried oysters to start ... all exceptional. Our entrees were just as good. We ordered the lamb chops, salmon and a pasta dish. The service was wonderful too. Ashley, our waitress, was great. Eric, the owner, was very friendly. He came by a few times to chat and make sure all was ok. Between the atmosphere, friendliness of the staff, and awesome food, we had a great experience. Put Flavor on your list of restaurants to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGirlsDayOutDined on 1/9/2014We are frequent visitors to Telluride and have our favorite places to eat. This one was new for us. It was a pleasant surprise. The prices are more reasonable than some and the food is delicious! A distinct New Orleans vibe is apparent in both the food and the artwork on the walls thanks to the chef, a Nawlins native himself. We will surely go back to this eatery. Worth a try for those who haven't been. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so much flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/2/2014I Ordered the ratatouille with sausage, the only flavor was the sausage. My son had it too and left wanting a bowl of cereal because the portion was so small. Three of us had it and agreed that it was lacking flavor. Those that ordered the trout thought it was delicious. My other son ordered the $25 burger that was incredible. Something about paying $25 for a burger rubs the experience wrong. Our servers acted like they didn't like their job. We went to Allreds the next night and the bill was similar with an all around better experience.Special Features:
- Lacking in FlavorsoutherngirlDined on 12/31/2013I made reservations at Flavor for New Years Eve because it was one of the only restaurants that still had availability. Now I know why. The New Years Eve menu was fixed and very limited. The server denied having the ability to make any changes to accommodate our children. We also had to continually ask her to refresh our drinks even though the restaurant was not The scallops were huge and cold in the middle. The Kobe beef was tough and burnt at the ends. It had an overwhelming flavor of charcoal. I will say that the Ceasar salad I had was delicious. The meal of 3 entrees, 3 salads, and 1 glass of wine was VERY expensive. It was a very poor meal with poor service. The next time we are in Telluride we will be avoiding Flavor.
- not availablebrownDined on 12/30/2013we went to have dinner and got there 5 minutes after our reservation and they had no food available
- Great Service, Kid FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2013We had dinner at Flavor Telluride on Christmas Eve and had a great time. The food was very good, but not excellent. The Service was outstanding and very personal. Randall was most attentive and welcoming and took extra steps to make our 3 and 5 year olds feel welcome. They offered special ordering for smaller portions for young children, which was an excellent touch, but they did not have a "childrens' menu" with the usual kids fare. Be sure your kids are prepared to eat "adult" food. Overall a very good experience. The dining area is quite small, so be prepared for tight seating and a bit of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable DinnerWillHDined on 12/7/2013My 11 gear old daughter and I ate here one evening this December. The food was mostly excellent, not five stars, but certainty nothing to complain about. The service was outstanding. Attentive without being intrusive. Flavor has a laid back atmosphere that is not at all pretentious, great place for families that are looking for something better than bar food, but want a place where they will feel welcome with their kids. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a native New Orleanian,NyVisitorVIPDined on 9/28/2013As a native New Orleanian, its tough to find a restaurant that meets the standards I'm used to. Flavor's menu does that. The restaurant's name is accurate. Everything was perfectly prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly staff!PumpkinDined on 9/21/2013We went here based on reviews and were no disappointed!! The waitress was the only one for a small dining room, but she did great, especially considering they were full. The mussels and Kobe beef were amazing, would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2013We came in with a large party on the last night of the film festival. The service was quite good, given the number of people, split tickets etc. It's expensive, but what isn't in Telluride? I think all of the fish dishes were quite good, and the sides were really delicious (gigante beans etc.) The salads need work: the green salad and the beet salad had absolutely no flavor at all. I stole a bite of the dish with wide noodles, sausage & some other ingredients and it was very satisfying. Drinks were expensive but generous and tasty.
- Just okay. I'd try it one more timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013Was a bit disappointed. Portions were uber small and flavor combinations sort of missed the mark for me. We had grouper fish and chips. 3 fish stick size strips over lettuce and regular run of the mill skinny french fries. Nothing to write home about. Pasta with freshly made tomato sauce was very good. Appetizer of mussels had a weird spicy cream sauce that was just okay. We didn't finish it though. I think they are trying a bit too hard to impress. Slightly bigger portions and more traditional flavor combinations would help. We were seated in a corner area that was literally sloped downhill. Our flatware kept sliding on the table. Didn't see much of our waitperson. He never asked us if we wanted more drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2013We have spent the last 5 summers in MV/Telluride and are familiar with all of the wonderful restaurants. This is a superb addition to that list. The food was unique, fresh and delightful and the service top notch. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buck value is missingChefdOrVIPDined on 8/6/2013They are really trying and the New Orleans touch is eat, but the prices are a bit high. Oin the other hand, my Red. fish was pretty good and the accompanying Cajun ratatiuollie was just great. Hamburgers were overlooked,but flavor was very good. They need to have more wine knowledge.Special Features:
- Excellent food, drinks andHighlander9Dined on 7/28/2013Excellent food, drinks and service in a nice but laid back atmosphere. We will go back on our next visit to Telluride.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service staff needs toObiChewyDined on 7/9/2013The service staff needs to pick it up and support the food quality. Enjoyed the meal and appreciated that Eric came to our table. The staff needs to be more professional in it's communication and knowledge the menu. The tip needs to be earned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Promising Food - Poor servicecharlottebugDined on 7/5/2013Really disappointed after our first visit to Flavors. Menu, and owner/manager, appeared to be so promising. Waitress delivered our first drink, then dropped off food and never returned to table to check on us. No additional offer for drinks, water or to see how our food was prepared. We even had to get another server to finally bring us our check. Sad...we had high hopes for this relatively new restaurant in T-ride.
- Flavor TellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2013Food was excellent....just caught the vibe that we were inconveniencing the staff somewhat by our presence. A smile and a warm attitude goes a long way.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but could be bettertoppaletteDined on 6/22/2013The menu was great with many tasty items to choose from, but when it came time to ordering we found out that there were many items that were not available and our reservation was for 5PM! That was disappointing. The food that was ordered was great. It may be on the spicy side for some, but for those who love flavor, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always TastyTellufoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2013Flavor is one of Telluride's little secrets where we often send visiting friends on a crowded weekend. I fear that the word may be out...and so it should be. Flavor consistently offers a wide variety of dining options, all superbly executed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great new Telluride findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2013really cool restaurant located in the heart of telluride. food was fresh and tasty and not the usual fare. service was great, and both the cook and chef checked to be sure everything was good. would definitely go back again. one caveat, they had a dj who was great, but inside the music is loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fact that the large tableSushiLoverVIPDined on 3/29/2013The fact that the large table next to us left saying, "we're going to get dinner" after having drinks should have been a hint. The drink menu had about 8-10 speciality drinks one of which was a bloody mary. Unfortunately, on a Thursday night, they didn't have any bloody mary mix. The "Avalanche" I ordered was so unbalanced between the alcohol and the fruit juice that it was undrinkable. The food was okay, nothing special. The servicer rarely returned to our table. We were going to stay for dessert, however, they were out of decaf coffee as well. Our reservation was at 7 and the restaurant was never full. We were very disappointed with the entire experience.
- Flavor Rocks the PEI MusslesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2013The Prince Edward Island mussels are Fab! Best I have had! The pumpkin chiffon pie was to die for, the butterscotch custard set it off. This will be a regular stop for me when in telluride. What a gem!Special Features:
- The menu and prices are muchGreerDanDined on 3/26/2013The menu and prices are much more upscale from one year ago. Kobe beef steaks were excellent.Special Features:
- My husband and I both hadsublimeX4meVIPDined on 3/24/2013My husband and I both had the kobe beef entree. Delicious. Probably the best steak I've had in a very long time. The potatoes and asparagus complimented it perfectly. We shared the pumpkin chiffon pie for dessert, sinfully good! The restaurant was empty and we weren't sure why. their food is just great and moderately priced for Telluride.Special Features:
- Everyone in our party of sevenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2013Everyone in our party of seven raved about their meal! The tomato soup was wonderful, as were the mussels and white bean soup appetizers. Scallops were perfectly prepared and the beef entrees were all cooked to order and flavorful. Attentive service. Tasty cheesecake desert.Special Features:
- A good meal, but with so manyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2013A good meal, but with so many truly outstanding restaurants in Telluride, I'm not sure Flavor will last.
- The white bean soup with hamGoldilocksDined on 3/17/2013The white bean soup with ham was very good. My husband had a lovely green salad and excellent generous lamb entree. We actually shared it! It was served on a bed of mashed sweet potatoes and greens. Very yummy! We hesitated making this reservation as it was so available...and not as busy as it should be...but Flavor is a real find for these visitors ascthe food rivaled the many other fine dining options in Telluride.Special Features:
- In the renovated fat alleyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/17/2013In the renovated fat alley space. We were 3 diners. Other 2 had mussels which was good and the pasta, also good. I had what was supposed to be a Kobe rib eye. The rib eye at market city is a much better piece of meat!
- The restaurant was full andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2013The restaurant was full and they appeared to be under staffed but we had a fun time. The waitress was a really hard worker.Special Features:
- An enjoyable spot for a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013An enjoyable spot for a good but casual dinner. Mussel appetizer was 5 stars! On the other hand, too much ginger in the carrot purée and steaks and lamb chops didn't need to be so blackened. Albeit outsourced, the desserts were very good. The service was attentive but a bit stretched to handle the number of tables.Special Features: