3315 Vollmer Rd
Flossmoor, IL 60422Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flavorrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 7087983220
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday, Wednesday - Saturday: 9:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Lunch: Monday, Wednesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, American, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Rochelle Kemp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Flavor Restaurant offers the most popular entrees in a packaged format. We have four packages -- Caribbean, Cajun, breakfast and soul food.
- Entertainment: Flavor Restaurant has live music every Friday and Saturday night from 7:00 - 10:00 pm
A word from Flavor Restaurant
Flavor Restaurant is an eclectic restaurant not only in cuisine, but also in entertainment. We have karaoke on Thursday night, and live music on Friday and Saturday. Well known for the breakfast offerings so we gave in and added breakfast to the dinner menu! The cuisine is a really hip mixture of Cajun, Caribbean and American. The concept is really simple -- fresh food made with various herbs and spices. Oh so "Flavor-ful".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flavor Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Chicken Wings - AmazingDarjonesDined on 10/11/2014Food was great, will definitely return for more goodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more space & waitersFoodie619Dined on 10/10/20141st the food was good? But 2 of 4 in my parties food was cold. Needed a re- fire that took over 20 minutes. I had to call over the manager , who was no help. Others in our party had finished their meal before our re-fire was received, still not hotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeThizelDined on 9/26/2014I Love Love Love this place. The new location is sooooo serene and beautiful. The ambiance is excellent. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- FoodLuvverDined on 7/31/2014My first time for karaoke entertainment. A real BLAST!! Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Supporting My Own...EducatorDined on 7/19/2014My sisters had come in from out of town to visit. I chose Flavor as the place for the evening. The food was superb. It was truly a wonderful experience until near the end when the waiters began to clear off our table. It made us feel as if they were trying to give us a subtle message that we had overstayed our welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Flavor Restaurant reviews archive.
- Father's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Our server Deborah was great, providing great service and a sense of humor. My catfish and greens were very good and my husband enjoyed his pork chops. The fried green tomatoes were excellent and so was my pomegranate martini. This was not my first time nor will be my last.Special Features:
- Not so goodyummyfoodonlyDined on 6/15/2014The establishment was very small with limited seating. I was told by management to call for reservations instead of using OpenTable because of a timing problem. Also, a dispute took place between another customer and management in the front doorway while we waited to be seated. Overall the food was just okay....
- AwesomeZumbaGirlDined on 6/15/2014I love Flavors the food is excellent majority of the time they have very friendly servers, the only complaint is while you are waiting for your food they need to have your condiments on the table ex.. Every time is ordered chicken and waffles I have to wait for the syrup and by then your waffle is cold, this has happen everytime I order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!reereeDined on 6/13/2014My recent visit to Flavor was great. The food, drinks, and service were all simply wonderful!1 The peach cobbler was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SabineDined on 6/10/2014I think when they deviated with different spices they missed the mark. Lemon spice in many items were the problem. The best item was the cornbread.Special Features:
- Soul Food & JazzMontanaBoyDined on 5/30/2014reat Food, Great Live Jazz Band. Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- 14 OUT OF 16 HAPPYhappyfamilyDined on 5/10/2014Overall, I would give Flavor a B-.Both of my sister in laws enjoyed their meal. One had turkey meatloaf and the other had Cajun pasta. My son devoured his sweet potato pancake. I ordered the Soul Flight, which consists of Collard Greens (bland), Mac & Cheese (tasty but runny), Red Beans & Rice (decent), Mashed Sweet Potatoes (the worst sweet potatoes I have ever eaten in my life), and corn bread (good). My mother in law ordered fried catfish. She did not like it. She says that it was bland. Besides myself and my mother in law, everyone else enjoyed their meal. I would go to Flavor again, but I will not choose Soul Flight or Fried Catfish. The ambiance and the live band were good. Not for infants. Our waiter and the staff were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats, lack of spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Flavors has great food! The servers are friendly as well but the space is small. I believe they are moving in to a larger space but other than that I have no complaints about my experience. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Good food, horrible service.estretchaDined on 4/26/2014The waitress ignored us while making multiple trips to the table behind us. I couldn't get a simple re-fill on drinks.Special Features:
- Great food for the priceLadyJDined on 4/19/2014I had my birthday dinner here. When I first arrived, the hostess said that she didn't see a reservation for me. I was upset because I booked through Open Table AND I called a couple of days after to confirm. She alerted the Manager and they were able to get my tables ready. Other than that, the overall service was good. The food was hit or miss to me. I ordered the fried cat fish with Mac and cheese and greens. The fish was a little bland, the macaroni was made with cheese sauce (that I didn't care for) and the greens were good. I tasted the fried green tomatoes and grit cakes which were excellent! The ribs and chicken, shrimp and grits and jambalaya were good. I didn't care for the bread pudding. The prices are low so I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect 1st date restaurantFoodclubDined on 4/12/2014Ok so I as I stated above this was a 1st date and so everything abou da place was on point frm da band to da food to everyone's attitudes :-) da atmospher was sexy and nice this will b one of our favorite places to dine...!!! Thank u :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousberryDined on 3/22/2014My only disappointment was that I was told that they didn't have a reservation scheduled for me. I had to wait 40 to 45 mins for a table. I was embarrassed to be told this when I had invited two guest that had never been here before see they were not on point and that we had to wait. What is the purpose of making a reservation if they don't abide by it . They accommodated my party of three at the bar until finally a table was ready. Never did they offer anything complimentary such as drink or dessert to compensate for having to wait so long. Our meal was delightful. The red velvet cake is to die for and the peach cobbler is a close competitor to the cake. The fried grits were soooo good!Special Features:
- FlavorfulPleasantDined on 3/21/2014This restaurant has been getting a lot of buzz. Therefore, I wanted to try it out. The set - up of the restaurant is nice. I had shrimp and grits which was absolutely delicious. The restaurant is small and would be a great setting for a brunch. I visited on a weekend evening. They have a jazz band on the weekends. The jazz band was very loud that I couldn't comfortably speak with those @ my table. The service was great. The waitress made sure we had everything we had.Special Features:
- Noisy but decentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Went to Flavor for my bday. With it being such a small place the live band was pretty loud, but they played a nice selection of jazz. It was just difficult to hear our soft spoken hostess. The food (salmon croquettes) was not "to die for", but I would go back to try something different. The flavored lemonades had enough sugar to give you an instant cavity. Loved the fried green tomatoes and even the little grit cakes that came with them. My dad's blackened salmon and my sons chicken wings seemed to be the entree hits. My mother's (simmered turkey?) was the last to come out, but they offered a free dessert and removed the drinks from the bill to compensate. Overall, it would be a great date night place or brunch with family or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not my usual place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014When I arrived the live band was playing it was very good music to sit talk and eat with the wait staff was great informative and helpful there was someone always busy cleaning bringing anything we needed there were mixed reviews but overall my table my 6 guests really would come again.Special Features:
- okay Valentine dinnerKtoneDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant was.just okay. When we arrived, things appeared to be disorganized...but it was packed on Valentine's day night. The food wasn't great. I did like the appetizers. I have worse experiences...and this one wasn't horrible, Im just not in any rush to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, intimate surroundings,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great food, intimate surroundings, good music,family friendly.Special Features:
- ComfortingDaddyyesVIPDined on 12/24/2013The food is super good! The waitstaff is friendly and helpful. Get the warm corn bread with their special cranberry butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great karaoke, fabulous food!KaTeeDined on 12/5/2013Flavor restaurant is a long-time favorite of mine, but my recent visit was the first time going on karaoke night. We had a blast! The food was delicious, and the crowd was filled with great singers. I even sang a couple of notes on the mic. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013We had a romantic birthday dinner for my boyfriend it was wonderful.Special Features:
- OutstandingTank2kVIPDined on 11/13/2013I had the Jambalaya it was outstanding, Great for a little café in Illinois. Service, well Brittany was very good, patient, professional and courteous. I would certainly go back and recommend it, as a matter of fact I have to several people from the area who pass by it everyday and didn't give it much thought. My lunch partner this day had the Fried Chicken and Waffles and the smaller portion of the Jambalaya. He wanted to come back for dinner! enough said...Special Features: