Flavor of India - West Hollywood
9045 Santa Monica Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Flavor of India - West Hollywood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flavorofindia.com/
- Phone: (310) 274-1715
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday -: 5:00pm - 2:00am Sunday 5:00pm - 12:00am Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Darshan Singh (owner chef)
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide a full service catering for 15 people or more with full staff, chef, waiters, and more.
- Private Party Contact: Tarsem 3102741715
A word from Flavor of India - West Hollywood
Flavor of India is now in 2 locations. Second locations now open in Burbank Downtown. Flavor of India serves a variety of savory recipes from India's rich tapestry of culture and culinary traditions. Every dish is meticulously prepared in authentic Indian home-style, using only natural spices and ingredients. We never add preservatives or artificial colorings. As a result Flavor of India's many delectable dishes are lean, low in fat and healthy. Flavor of India's is delighted to offer you daily specials which include a chicken curry of the day, a vegetable special. Lentil of the day, and rice of the day... "Flavor of India in West Hollywood goes beyond basic, adding fusion dishes and light snacks. The dining atmosphere is al fresco in the landscaped garden patio." L.A TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flavor of India - West Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)romantic (7)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (5)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- MediocreDrShorterVIPDined on 10/26/2014The service wasn't attentive and seemed overly frustrated by my guests who didn't know anything about Indian food. We often just sat wanting something hoping someone would notice. The chai tea is really below standard for most places in this city. A couple of us had digestion issues all night, to put it nicely. Overall, it was okay, but nothing to go out of your way for.Special Features:
- Not quite rightccoppelDined on 10/17/2014I have eaten in this restaurant for over 20 years and it is one of my favorites in LA. For some reason, this time the food just wasn't up to their usual suburb standard. It was, for an Indian restaurant, very average. While average is not bad, I expect so much more from them. I hope next visit they have recovered their old sparkle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good IndianScudderVIPDined on 9/21/2014Had a very nice meal with friends at Flavor of India. Only complaint was that the service was intermittent at best. Lots of servers standing around, but not at all attentive to us or our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummiMellanDined on 9/16/2014Best indian i've come across so far in LA. Always my first choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new local Indian spotcamaro70Dined on 8/17/2014I wish I would have tried Flavor of India before as I've walked by it 1,000x and always said I should eat there. All dishes were execellent. I'm excited to add it into the local rotation.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Flavor of India - West Hollywood reviews archive.
- Best Indian Food in CaliforniaEatAllTheTimeDined on 7/26/2014My husband is Indian so we have eaten in many Indian restaurants throughout California and in San Francisco where we live, but Flavor of India in West Hollywood is our favorite. Delicious food. Cozy atmosphere. Friendly staff. When we are in L.A. we always go to Flavor of India.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great, great dinner! Delish!MiamiTravelerDined on 7/19/2014This place has been there forever and I've driven by a million times. Our service was professional and pleasant and the food was fresh, well-prepared and tasty. It was kind of quiet when we were there for dinner, but everything came out quickly, was relish and authentic. I would definitely recommend it! A rarity in West Hollywood!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014It was a great experience. Awesome food and great people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was incredibleJinWLAVIPDined on 6/15/2014Loved the Saag Paneer, loved the Tanfori chicken, the best naan I have had. Ever. The Tikka Masala had a bit more of a tomato flavor than I am used to but it was good. Mostly, I loved the staff. Friendly, accommodating, great energy from every one of them.Special Features:
- Decent, but not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014Found the food to be rather uninteresting, and not well presented (at least make it look better) - I won't go back. We made reservations on a very busy event night in West Hollywood thinking we would never find a place to eat. Every other restaurant down Santa Monica had lines outside, not this place.. now I know why. Very few people in the place and the food was unremarkable.. and a bit pricey for what we got.
- wonderful Indian Food...very tasty!jerryhenryDined on 5/3/2014one of the best Indian restaurants I've been to. The ambiance is terrific, service great, and food outstanding...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectccoppelDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I have been eating here for for over 12 years. We have never had anything but a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- The food was amazing!J123Dined on 3/13/2014My friend and I randomly picked this restaurant and do not regret it! Our waiter was very helpful as I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to eat, so I went with what he recommended and it might have possibly been the best restaurant food I have ever tasted. I forgot the name, but it was something like Chicken Massala, but without chicken. Vegetables instead and tofu in the sauce, it was soooooo good. The ambience is great, too. It might be a little kitschy for some, but it reminds very much of India, we even got to sit on cushions on the floor which was great. They have normal tables, too though, so just go and try it out! I wish I could go there again, but I live too far away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagDavidVIPDined on 2/14/2014We went on Valentine's Day and must have had a temp waitress because the service was very troubled. The food was confusing. The chat clearly had been made far ahead and had become a mushy pile on the plate. Missing that mix of textures that you get with a very nicely made dish. The paneer, however, was really amazing. I would go back just for that. Seemed to be the theme, because around us as all the regulars were ordering strictly their go-to dishes. So, probably a good bet, but stick with what you hear people ordering around you.
- Good but the food can be amazingSCubaVIPDined on 10/16/2013Your chicken tasted old, dry and rubbery this time . Why? Have you changed chef?I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/23/2013Food is actually really good not the best but still good its great value and service is good id go back my only negative point was some of the dishes where a bit dull but good none the less ASpecial Features:
- Top Indian in LAFunkycarloDined on 8/28/2013One of the best Indian restaurants I've been to in LASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced for what it ismattmonacoDined on 8/24/2013went there last Saturday with my gf and overall the restaurant was good. however the portions are rather small and therefore overpriced for what you get. the ambiance especially when you sit outside is cozy and somewhat romantic. service is not great (took a while to initially start ordering) but i have seen worse. overall i think i would rather check out other indian food spots than to come back again.Special Features:
- We had the buffet and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2013We had the buffet and it was excellent. A large variety and everything was fresh. I was impressed that some buffet items change every day. The service and friendliness was outstanding. It has a large covered outside dining area with an excellent cross breeze. It also has a nice air conditioned indoor eating area, if you prefer A/C. Very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop before the TroubadourgskaVIPDined on 5/11/2013We wanted a little something casual before seeing a show at the Troubadour. This place fit the bill perfectly. All the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great service, good foodnext205Dined on 5/9/2013Not the best Indian food I have ever had but it was pretty good. There service was very good. I would return but would probably not make this my go to India spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!TunechiVIPDined on 4/26/2013Great! I really enjoyed my Channa Masala and Garlic Naan!Special Features:
- The food was some of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2013The food was some of the best food I've had in a long time. My group was also delighted when we saw on the menu that Dolly Parton eats there, and has a favorite dish.Special Features:
- Not pleased AT ALL!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2013The vegetable pakoras were TOO salty and for $7.00 a plate (appetizer) they only gave us about 6!!! All of the "vegetables" were indian leaves besides the 1.5 potato pakoras we got. Service was not as good as we expected. It was not packed with people inside (Friday night) and the staff took their sweet time serving us because they were watching a basketball game in their bar and cheering very loudy - quite unprofessional. The waiter never cleared our table. The raita was watered down. Half yogurt, half water. I am a big fan of indian food and cook it on a regular basis (I come from a family of chefs) and was not pleased with the food here at all.
- We had the Buffet...it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2013We had the Buffet...it was designed for meat eaters...the veggies, I am a veggie, were not bland and not uch choices...overall the buffett was sparce...no paneer dishes at all...dal, veggie korma, chana malasa...not a good value for 10.99...Special Features:
- There's no restaurant likeccoppelDined on 3/10/2013There's no restaurant like it. I go every time I am in LA.Special Features:
- Say What You MeanLecosDined on 3/8/2013We went after receiving an email with the headline "Free Entree with the purchase of any Entree and 2 sinks." However, it was a bit of a bait and switch. Underneath was written max value $10. Since VERY FEW entrees are priced at $10 or under, it's basically just a $10 off coupon. We found two entrees for $11.95, ordered appetizers and drinks, but the restaurant would still only credit $10. It's not so much the money as the screwy come on. In addition the waiter encouraged us to order one large beer and split it. We got him to admit that if we did, it would invalidate the coupon. So we ordered two small beers. Kinds cheesy way to treat customers. The food was good, but I probably won't go back.
- We always enjoy Flavor of IndiaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The food, service and ambiance is always outstanding. We were running late on Valentine's Day due to heavy traffic and the restaurant was very accommodating. We highly recommend Flavor of India!Special Features:
- Spicy in all the right placesSeacherubDined on 12/31/2012I hadn't been to Flavor of India for many years, but the food is still really super and so was the service. The wait staff was very attentive. I enjoyed my lamb korma and the began salad was outstanding.Special Features:
- This is a serious Indian restaurantRichardGDined on 11/24/2012This is a serious Indian restaurant. This may be one of the few Indian places to which I've been that relies on spices and skill rather than salt to flavor a dish. This is the real deal. Spices are the stars here, along with integration and balance. This place was not on our radar for a long time. Now, it's our "go to" Indian place. Service is also great - they can't do enough for you. Owner is friendly, caring and wants to please. BJ is the best!Special Features:
- Delicious Authentic Indian FoodMichaelVIPDined on 11/11/2012So delicious authentic Indian food. One of my favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:
- service lacks. but the chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2012service lacks. but the chicken tika masla is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Great value for money. Great location (close to bars and nightlife). Would go again.Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2012My husband and twin two year old sons celebrated our Anniversary at Flavor of India and we are glad we did! We made reservations through OpenTable for a Friday night. I phoned the restaurant the morning of our reservation to make sure that they had two high chairs for our sons and to let them know that we were celebrating our Anniversary - and they were more than accommodating. We arrived and our beautiful table by the fountain was all ready for us! (along with the flowers that I ordered through OpenTable which were beautiful). The restaurant was very clean and the entire staff very friendly. We ordered the Began Salad, Garlic Naan, Chicken Tikka Masala, Saag Paneer, Vegetable Korma, and the lamb chops. Everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Serendipitously came acrossOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2012Serendipitously came across this restaurant and it was a very pleasant surprise. Four of us meet from lunch and the food was a very fresh and excellent quality, we enjoyed it very much. Also, one of the best mango lassi's in town. Will be coming back.Special Features:
- The food and ambiance wereDunnbarDined on 7/6/2012The food and ambiance were excellent, and the service was attentive and friendly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The service was great fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012The service was great from the moment we arrived. The food was delivered promptly and was delicious. I will be back again soon.
- They charged me for extraOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2012They charged me for extra sauce without notifying me there would be an extra charge. Four dollars for extra sauce is unbelievable, unacceptable to charge this without notice.
- Great Indian food. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2012Great Indian food. Excellent staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Classic Indian restaurantSusanMDined on 5/18/2012Classic Indian restaurant that's been a Santa Monica Blvd. landmark for decades! Great location, and the food is very good. It's exactly what you expect. Authentic food served by lovely, welcoming authentic people. Try one of the comfortable couches with the low tables. Once you get settled, it makes for an intimate, cozy dining experience.Special Features: