161 E. Orange Grove Ave.
Burbank, CA 91502Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Flavor of India - Burbank
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flavorofindia.com/
- Phone: 8185581199
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Darshan Singh and Tarsem Singh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We provide a full service catering for 15 people or more with full staff, chef, waiters, and more.
Flavor of India serves a variety of savory recipes from India's rich tapestry of culture and culinary traditions. Every dish is meticulously prepared in authentic Indian home-style, using only natural spices and ingredients. We never add preservatives or artificial colorings. As a result Flavor of India's many delectable dishes are lean, low in fat and healthy. Flavor of India's is delighted to offer you daily specials which include a chicken curry of the day, a vegetable special. Lentil of the day, and rice of the day... "Flavor of India in West Hollywood goes beyond basic, adding fusion dishes and light snacks. The dining atmosphere is al fresco in the landscaped garden patio." L.A Times
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
- Excellent food and service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I can't say enough about Flavor of India...this was my 4th visit to the Burbank location and the entire team is consistently wonderful. They always greet you with welcoming smiles and are attentive to your every need. The food is delicious and servings are plentiful. Our primary server, Francis, was particularly attentive and we lacked for nothing. Definitely recommend for a casual night out with family and friends.Special Features:
- Love this placeOutstandingVIPDined on 9/26/2014Love the food and the service, always a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceOutstandingVIPDined on 9/21/2014Great food and service, I come here time and time again and will continue coming backSpecial Features:
- EAT HERE!OutstandingVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food is amazing, I come back often, really a great meal!Special Features:
- Love this placeOutstandingVIPDined on 8/23/2014Goota have your Indian food, don't miss this place, food is always top notch!Special Features:
- Great food alwaysOutstandingVIPDined on 8/13/2014Food is always great, fantastic service too! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Always good foodOutstandingVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food is always top notch, but the service can be hit or miss, will continue to come back for the food regardlessSpecial Features:
- DeliciousOutstandingVIPDined on 7/17/2014Highly recommend this place, food is always top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic dinnerhunter1Dined on 6/30/2014I made a reservation through open table. Upon arrival, a table was reserved a table perfect for our mood. Free appetizers (bonus) Food tasted delicious. Outstanding service. free parking in the lot next door.Special Features:
- The following 29 reviews are from the Flavor of India - Burbank reviews archive.
- Great placeOutstandingVIPDined on 6/13/2014The food is always consistently good, service can be hit or miss, but it's always worth coming here for the food, decent ambiance as well, highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Thank goodness for OpentableTheColonelVIPDined on 5/30/2014Being 500 miles away from home it is nice to be able to use Open-table to find great new (for us) restaurants to have a meal in a strange area. We were impressed and very much liked the buffet offered here and would return again and recommend the place to everyone who likes good Indian food. The only hugely disappointing thing is the strange policy of selling draft beers for $10/pint, yes $10 for domestic beers! Whew.Special Features:
- Consistently greatOutstandingVIPDined on 5/12/2014Food is always top notch as usual, service was good this time as well, keep it up! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Love this placeOutstandingVIPDined on 5/7/2014The staff is enviting and the service gets better and better, and the food, impecable every time, highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Great Indian FoodPaulDined on 3/21/2014Great service, great selection, something for everyone on the menu, and the food is great. Hot fresh Nan, tender lamb curry, tasty Tika Masala. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentdepeche818VIPDined on 2/16/2014Based on yelp reviews, we decided to check this place out. The reviews were very good, and it never hurts to branch out and add another good Indian restaurant to the list, right? Started off with a flavorless chicken mulligatawny soup, which, shockingly, was $7 for a cup. Beer prices were decent, but go for the large bottles instead of the deceptively cheap (small) draughts. Three of the four members of my party ordered "spicy" dishes, and were double-checked by the waiter that we were ok with spicy. The food was mild-medium at best. Not what I expected or wanted. The chili naan had no chili flavor, the pashwari naan only tasted like nuts, no fruit. The papadums were undercooked, and, stuck to every surface of your teeth that they touched.
- Consistently goodOutstandingVIPDined on 1/8/2014Food is always consistently good, dinner service can be hit and miss in attentiveness and speed of serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOutstandingVIPDined on 11/8/2013Food is always great, service can be hit or miss, highly recommended for the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian food in SFVNickIndianDined on 10/25/2013Excellent northern Indian food in a quiet setting with attentive service that does not intrude. The complex aroma of a vast array of spices hits you as you enter, piquing the appetite. A wide variety of soups, salads and appetizers leaves you wanting more of the amazing flavors the chef teases out of a few simple ingredients. The began salad and mulligatawny soup are based on a handful of modest ingredients but pack intriguingly complex characters. The lamb boti was amazingly tender and flavorful, accompanied by a mint-cilantro-yogurt sauce that is to die for. The warm gajjar halwa is a perfect finish to the meal.Special Features:
- Flavours Way Too SweetNozferatuVIPDined on 9/6/2013This is local to me so I wanted to try it. The flavours were pretty much all the same and way too sweet. The papadums were good but the "salsa" they brought out with it was just that...salsa...with LOADS of garlic...which is fine...but it's an Indian restaurant..not Mexican. The quality of the food was good...just the flavours were off.
- Consistently goodOutstandingVIPDined on 8/23/2013Food is always consistently good, service however is hit and miss, we were quickly attended to, ordered, food showed up, then were completely ignored, not a huge issue, but would have like at least a check in to see if there were any issues or if we needed anything else.....like filling empty water or soda classesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always goodOutstandingVIPDined on 6/24/2013Food is consistently good, but service is hit and missSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOutstandingVIPDined on 6/14/2013Food is consistently good, but service is hit or missSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodOutstandingVIPDined on 5/14/2013Food is always consistently good, a favorite of ours, but service can be hit or missSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleased. Would go again.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013Everything was served in a timely fashion, the food was hot and fresh, the waiters were patient and responsive when we were socializing, and the environment is definitely a plus. A flat screen TV was airing Bollywood music videos that kept up the energy and the ambience in the restaurant, even though it was only a Monday. Good for the whole family, but also fit for a date; the lighting is low but the energy is great. The food quality is amazing for the price. The Chicken Tikka and Lamb Kebab are delicious, and their Naan is delicious. Nothing was over or under spiced/flavored. You could have a generous amount of food with you and your date for under 40 dollars. Would definitely go back, but this time, I'm bringing my family!Special Features:
- Loved it. Fresh and delicious.LuluDined on 4/13/2013Loved it. Fresh and delicious. Good menu, excellent service.Special Features:
- Being very new to Indian cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Being very new to Indian cuisine we asked the waiter to make recommendations. He was helpful and thoughtful in making sure our experience would be pleasant. I will try Indian food again and would love to go back to Flavor of India.Special Features:
- Delicious as ever for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/14/2012Delicious as ever for dinner (we usually come for lunch buffet, very flavorful indeed). Tried one of the new desserts, quite small in portion size but tasty and unique. Such a lovely atmosphere, would be more romantic with softer music though (energetic dance videos play on the television screen in the main dining room).Special Features:
- Very mediocre. Poor service,JSeatsVIPDined on 10/5/2012Very mediocre. Poor service, uninspired food. Go elsewhere.
- Very good Indian food in argzspickVIPDined on 8/17/2012Very good Indian food in a nice room. I can recommend the Chicken Tika Masala and the Butter Chicken. Very good service, and the restaurant never is too crowded nor noisy at dinner. One of the better Indian restaurants in the Burbank/Valley area.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/2/2012This was our second visit to Flavor of India, this time for dinner (last time lunch buffet), and it did not disappoint! Only wish portions were a little larger, typically when we go for Indian at dinnertime we end up with some for the next day's lunch. Buffet is probably a better deal but definitely delicious food at any time of day.Special Features:
- Great RestarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012It was really good, I recommend the Chicken Tikka Masala. It wasn't labeled as spicy but it was slightly spicy, so only go there if you can handle it.Special Features:
- I had a business dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2012I had a business dinner at Flavor of India and found that the restaurant was quiet enough to allow for a discussion and we were able to conduct our business. Further, the food was fabulous, everyone was thrilled with the dishes they selected. The portions were tasty and abundant. I thought that the meal was an excellent value. I would recommend Flavor of India to anyone business or casual diner. I would definitely go there again the next time I am in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- Very nice meal. I liked the1KTravelerVIPDined on 12/1/2011Very nice meal. I liked the Chicken Tiki Masala and the garlic Naan bread was delicious!
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011Really enjoyed the restaurant! Everything was absolutely delish! The restaurant was a little dark, but it was pretty enjoyable. It was also really sweet, they gave us a free appetizer since it was our first time visiting!! Don't quite remember the name of it (something salad) but it was made with eggplant. Wouldn't have ordered it on our own but it was super good!! Thanks Taste of India :] we will be back!!Special Features:
- I met my girlfriend for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/30/2011I met my girlfriend for lunch here and we both really enjoyed our meals. She had the lunch buffet and I had the chicken vindaloo lunch. I was able to sample some of the chutneys that my girlfriend had with her buffet goodies and they were tasty and spicy! The chicken vindaloo lunch came with a side of dal, green salad, and naan. I ate everything, it was delicious! I love Indian food and wish there was a Flavor of India close to my home - I live in Orange County.Special Features:
- Since moving to Burbank myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2011Since moving to Burbank my wife and I have become regular guests(both take-out and dine-in), at 'Flavor of India'. The staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgable. I would highly recommend this little gem to anyone who wants a unique dining experience in downtown Burbank. Hugh DalySpecial Features:
- Very good Indian food in argzspickVIPDined on 5/13/2011Very good Indian food in a nice setting; I had their butter chicken and it was very good. My wife thought that her chicken tikka was lacking in spices, but I thought it was also very good when I tasted it. Good desserts too-the lime mint sorbert and carrot pudding were very tasty. The service was good; it took awhile to get our check, but this seems to be the practice in most Indian restaurants---you have to ask for the check.Special Features:
- This was the the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2011This was the the first time my girlfriend and I have had Indian food, the server was great with telling us what everything is and made a lot of recommdations. Location is a few miles from my home and will definetly be returning often.Special Features: