2540 Tenderfoot Hill Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80906Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flatirons.biz/
- Phone: 7195762540
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily, starting at 11:00am
Brunch: Coming Soon!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Pete Moreno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Though the restaurant does not feature a separate room for private parties we are capable of handling large groups and the restaurant, in its entirety, is available for buy-out events.
- Private Party Contact: Ronni Lekics 7195762540
- Entertainment: Upcoming events and offerings include the NFL Package, CC Hockey pregame events, monthly beer dinners and the occasional band on the patio, while weather permits. We also offer free WiFi throughout the establishment.
- Cross Street: Lake Ave
- Public Transit: Though public transportation is limited we are conveniently located just West of I-25 on Lake Ave and within walking distance of the Courtyard Marriott.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The restaurant is surrounded by its own 130 car parking lot.
A word from Flatiron's
Flatiron’s is a casual and energetic American Bar & Grill in Colorado Springs, CO. The restaurant offers a menu of American favorites, coolers full of classic suds and exciting new brews, an inviting wine list, your favorite spirits, plenty of TVs in our comfortable bar, and lots of tables around our patio fireplace. This is a neighborhood tradition in the making!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Flatiron's - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Flatiron's reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (6)special occasion (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great Food, Good ServiceMarkAndRoxiDined on 10/18/2014This was our second dinner at Flatiron's, and we were impressed. The food (one ribeye and one flatiron steak) was excellent. Our waiter must have been new because he wasn't as attentive as we would have liked, but overall it was a very nice dinner. The noise level was moderate to moderately-high, but it certainly wasn't as loud as some other restaurants.Special Features:
- Another restaurantAlmostEveryNightDined on 9/6/2014There was nothing extraordinary about Flatirons, which is probably why it wasn't very crowded on a Friday evening. Everyone was decent, but not really "good" or "great" and it was far enough away that we probably won't seek it out again. Luckily we had a coupon, so it wasn't a total waste.Special Features:
- Fatiron'sRon1212Dined on 9/1/2014I was expecting fine dining and this is only a steak house with a small selection of steaks.. No fillet steaks which is all I eat. no cloth tables or glass goblets, only cloth napkins. Service was great. I was disappointed that this restaurant was on the OpenTabe list for fine dinning.Special Features:
- Quiet Patio and Delicious FoodDateNightDinerDined on 8/30/2014Flatiron's provided a lovely patio and delicious food. I'm not sure I've ever eaten a better steak from a restaurant! While the prime rib sandwich was run-of-the-mill, the chips and onion dip, Flatiron Steak, CC Gut Buster Pizza, Peanut Butter Pie, and brownie were all fantastic! I would also recommend this restaurant for the service, since all of the servers were cheerful, respectful, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed my visit!CandyDined on 8/25/2014This was my first visit to Flatirons but I won't be my last. The good was very good, as was the value and the service. Thank you!Special Features:
- FoodfungatheringsDined on 8/24/2014We had ordered the Gut Pizza, really wasn't what I expected. Kind of short on the toppings and for the price, the pizza was kind of small.Special Features:
- could be betterpurplehazeDined on 8/19/2014service was slow, food had to be sent back (burger was burnt), facility was simply cold. Otherwise for a birthday celebration, not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bruce and Teresa Weavereat4funDined on 8/16/2014We totally enjoyed the food. It was our anniversary, because of your excellent food and service, we will consider you for our next one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014My wife's food wad terrible. My wife, friend's wife, best friend and I are military. When the check came only me and my friend received a discount, not our wives.Special Features:
- Best Salmon Ever!TheCuriousTravelerDined on 7/31/2014The title of my review says it all - you will love the Cedar Plank Salmon! It was moist and seasoned perfectly, along with being served on a unique bed of ingredients including asparagus. The service was quite good as well and the decor is relaxing. Our only complaint was that the floors in some spots were very slick, probably due to improper waxing for that type of flooring. Hopefully they fix that before someone falls and is injured. Also, would have liked to have more wines options from places other than California.I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014The baby back ribs, please don't drown a really perfectly cooked piece in bbq sauce, brush it and that's it, it was very overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaseylgVIPDined on 7/6/2014Ahi Tacos for appitizer excellent. Salmon was very good. Lemon cake dessert was a disappointment. The dessert presentation was very poor and the amount was very small. The tacos were the highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ReccomendationNICEDined on 7/5/2014The concierge at the Broadmoor recommended this to our family of 4 and he was right on the money. Good steaks, amazing salmon plank, pizza for the kids - we were pleased. Server knew his stuff and food came out in a timely manner. There a large TVs on the wall so we watched ESPN while waiting. A nice step-up from the usual place to eat. Was told it is locally owned and can see why it stays open. Great place for dinner!Special Features:
- Looking forward to a repeat visit.dba2014Dined on 7/4/2014Excellent and very relaxed comfortable restaurant. Looking forward to our next visit. We live in Abq. We will be back on Aug 2. A great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rochester, NY VisitorRawsonDined on 6/30/2014Great visit at Flatirons. We had the Pastrami sandwich, fish tacos and the lobster appetizer....all were excellent. Great service and very timely on the delivery of our food. Home-made chips and dip were great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 228 reviews are from the Flatiron's reviews archive.
- Great but smelled smokemackerelDined on 6/23/2014Great food, nice enough hostess/waitress, but had the last 5-10 mins kind of hosed because we could smell cigarette smoke. All in all would recommend though.
- Very nice find...SueJDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I were staying at the Courtyard Marriott nearby and decided to try Flatiron instead of going to Macaroni Grill. We were pleasantly surprised by the menu, great service, and attention by our waiter. We tried the ribeye which we split along with a baked potato and garden salad. The ribeye was cooked perfectly for rare and had great flavor. We would definitely go there again when staying in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were great, but...AnnieDined on 6/13/2014Our special occasion was not acknowledged. 😔 Everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great large group dinnerarleentsDined on 5/23/2014FlatIrons made a great place for us to celebrate my son's graduation with a party of 12. Service was great, food delicious and we could even toast the occasion with good wine.Special Features:
- Enjoyable SundayCoolHandDined on 5/4/2014Met a couple from Denver there and had great service. The restaurant was clean and well appointed. The food was good but I had the Flatiron steak and it was a little tough. Overall a nice experience and will go back.Special Features:
- group dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We had a dinner here.. It was a group of 7 they got us in with no problems, The service was great and the food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- EasterRcaseyDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter was nice. The ham dinner special they offered was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good family and GF restaurantDinnerandashowDined on 4/3/2014We had the steakhouse burger with a gluten free bun. They were excellent. My 3 year old had Mac and cheese which was the best kid version of this dish I have tasted in 3 years :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Gluten-Free MenuGregMDined on 4/2/2014My girl and I are trying to eat healthier and decided to go to FlatIrons for our date night. We asked for the Gluten-Free menu and Ordered a very tasty burger. The Gluten-Free desert was yummy too. They have a good regular American Grill menu too. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We had a large group and when the table looked a little tight, the staff accomodated us by providing a different table for the adults and letting the party of kids stay at the big table. Food was great. Chips with dip drizzel fantastic. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerUnsatisfiedDined on 3/7/2014Quality of food wasn't worth the price. My family of 3 and I had the special of the flatiron steak and lobster. The lobster was in pieces in what looked like an onion/potato hash, it was more onion then anything else. It was my husband and youngest sons birthday so we notified the waitress of this fact. After the meal, she proceeded to offer us desert from the menu. I had to ask for the free birthday desert. It was an all around bland experience. Sorry to say, we will not return.
- Great before CC HockeyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014We love coming here before hockey games. They take reservation so we always get right in. They have a nice happy hour and we like the Flatirons Ale. Service is always friendly and timeley. We never feel rushed when welinger and talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAliJohnDined on 2/15/2014We had a party of 11 and realized at 2pm that day that we had no place to have dinner. We found Flatirons and were able to get a reservation on Open Table. It was perfect! Of course it took a little longer... see aforementioned party of 11. But, the waitress was helpful and pleasant and the food was great.Special Features:
- In town for a visit. FirstOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2014In town for a visit. First time at the restaurant. Wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable. She came around during the meal to see how things were going. Food was good. Good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014the food was good, nothing great but it was very expensive. most likely I won't be recommending it to anyone or going back
- Not ImpressedPlannerDined on 1/23/2014Disappointed Our reservation was unnoticed and none of the instructions requested were followed. What's the point of having options if the restaurant doesn't even know you reserved!? A business lunch that left egg on my face. Poor execution right out of the gate. The service for a slow lunch time was ridiculous. Our server was not at all personable, was quite cocky and a very poor pre busser. Food was good, although prep time was triple the norm. Management was oblivious, she was too busy just walking in circles looking pretty. Would not recommend. Will not return.
- Return Visit GuaranteedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2014First visit was early Wednesday night so can't speak to weekend activity. Ambience was great for conversation. Food was prepared to order, wait was longer than would have been expected especially for a quiet night. Husband had flatiron steak. I had ribs. Both were great. Good portions leaving us very satisfied; no left-overs this time which is a good thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2014Our waiter was not very friendly at all. We had the buffalo wings for an appetizer and I had the Toas Chicken Salad. It was just okay. Never tried this place before, so we thought we would give it a go, although everything was reasonably priced, I probably will not be returning to this restaurant again.
- Thanksgiving dinner was very goodKatiDined on 11/28/2013We two 'orphans' decided to catch a movie and then take in Flatirons for dinner on Thanksgiving evening. I had the turkey & fixins' and my friend had the roast beef. Although the roast beef was slightly dry everything was delicious and the server & service was excellent. She made us feel right at home. It was the perfect end to the evening. I have eaten non-holiday meals here and have always been pleased.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving Dinner!yasminDined on 11/28/2013We had a wonderful meal at Flatirons, the food and staff were excellent. We always eat out Thanksgiving and this meal was far the best in portion size, price, taste, nice options we had. The Cheesecake was fab! I would go there again! Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small portionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013Food was good, a bit spicy and small, (mahi mahi fillet) though. We ordered the peanut butter dessert. It was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chips and dip that wereroadwarriorVIPDined on 10/16/2013The chips and dip that were brought out were very good. Chips were crisp and the dressing was flavorful. I enjoyed the fish tacos which were freshly prepared. Service was attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itFoodasaurousDined on 10/12/2013Great food and an awesome atmosphere. Nice place for a drink with dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good. We orderedGrandmaDined on 10/5/2013The food was good. We ordered the wings appetizer, but they were so spicey I could not eat them, it would be nice to have a mild choice as well. Other than that everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulTamzDined on 9/28/2013This is where I always take my out of town guests for a meal. The menu has something for everyone. The food is creative and fresh. The Monterey Chicken sandwich is my favorite. I love the Pear Cider.Special Features: