2540 Tenderfoot Hill Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80906Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flatirons.biz/
- Phone: 7195762540
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily, starting at 11:00am
Brunch: Coming Soon!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Pete Moreno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Though the restaurant does not feature a separate room for private parties we are capable of handling large groups and the restaurant, in its entirety, is available for buy-out events.
- Private Party Contact: Ronni Lekics 7195762540
- Entertainment: Upcoming events and offerings include the NFL Package, CC Hockey pregame events, monthly beer dinners and the occasional band on the patio, while weather permits. We also offer free WiFi throughout the establishment.
- Cross Street: Lake Ave
- Public Transit: Though public transportation is limited we are conveniently located just West of I-25 on Lake Ave and within walking distance of the Courtyard Marriott.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The restaurant is surrounded by its own 130 car parking lot.
A word from Flatiron's
Flatiron’s is a casual and energetic American Bar & Grill in Colorado Springs, CO. The restaurant offers a menu of American favorites, coolers full of classic suds and exciting new brews, an inviting wine list, your favorite spirits, plenty of TVs in our comfortable bar, and lots of tables around our patio fireplace. This is a neighborhood tradition in the making!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Flatiron's - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Flatiron's reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- everything good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014The baby back ribs, please don't drown a really perfectly cooked piece in bbq sauce, brush it and that's it, it was very overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaseylgVIPDined on 7/6/2014Ahi Tacos for appitizer excellent. Salmon was very good. Lemon cake dessert was a disappointment. The dessert presentation was very poor and the amount was very small. The tacos were the highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ReccomendationNICEDined on 7/5/2014The concierge at the Broadmoor recommended this to our family of 4 and he was right on the money. Good steaks, amazing salmon plank, pizza for the kids - we were pleased. Server knew his stuff and food came out in a timely manner. There a large TVs on the wall so we watched ESPN while waiting. A nice step-up from the usual place to eat. Was told it is locally owned and can see why it stays open. Great place for dinner!Special Features:
- Looking forward to a repeat visit.dba2014Dined on 7/4/2014Excellent and very relaxed comfortable restaurant. Looking forward to our next visit. We live in Abq. We will be back on Aug 2. A great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rochester, NY VisitorRawsonDined on 6/30/2014Great visit at Flatirons. We had the Pastrami sandwich, fish tacos and the lobster appetizer....all were excellent. Great service and very timely on the delivery of our food. Home-made chips and dip were great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but smelled smokemackerelDined on 6/23/2014Great food, nice enough hostess/waitress, but had the last 5-10 mins kind of hosed because we could smell cigarette smoke. All in all would recommend though.
- Very nice find...SueJDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I were staying at the Courtyard Marriott nearby and decided to try Flatiron instead of going to Macaroni Grill. We were pleasantly surprised by the menu, great service, and attention by our waiter. We tried the ribeye which we split along with a baked potato and garden salad. The ribeye was cooked perfectly for rare and had great flavor. We would definitely go there again when staying in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were great, but...AnnieDined on 6/13/2014Our special occasion was not acknowledged. 😔 Everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great large group dinnerarleentsDined on 5/23/2014FlatIrons made a great place for us to celebrate my son's graduation with a party of 12. Service was great, food delicious and we could even toast the occasion with good wine.Special Features:
- Enjoyable SundayCoolHandDined on 5/4/2014Met a couple from Denver there and had great service. The restaurant was clean and well appointed. The food was good but I had the Flatiron steak and it was a little tough. Overall a nice experience and will go back.Special Features:
- group dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We had a dinner here.. It was a group of 7 they got us in with no problems, The service was great and the food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- EasterRcaseyDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter was nice. The ham dinner special they offered was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good family and GF restaurantDinnerandashowDined on 4/3/2014We had the steakhouse burger with a gluten free bun. They were excellent. My 3 year old had Mac and cheese which was the best kid version of this dish I have tasted in 3 years :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Gluten-Free MenuGregMDined on 4/2/2014My girl and I are trying to eat healthier and decided to go to FlatIrons for our date night. We asked for the Gluten-Free menu and Ordered a very tasty burger. The Gluten-Free desert was yummy too. They have a good regular American Grill menu too. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 219 reviews are from the Flatiron's reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We had a large group and when the table looked a little tight, the staff accomodated us by providing a different table for the adults and letting the party of kids stay at the big table. Food was great. Chips with dip drizzel fantastic. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerUnsatisfiedDined on 3/7/2014Quality of food wasn't worth the price. My family of 3 and I had the special of the flatiron steak and lobster. The lobster was in pieces in what looked like an onion/potato hash, it was more onion then anything else. It was my husband and youngest sons birthday so we notified the waitress of this fact. After the meal, she proceeded to offer us desert from the menu. I had to ask for the free birthday desert. It was an all around bland experience. Sorry to say, we will not return.
- Great before CC HockeyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014We love coming here before hockey games. They take reservation so we always get right in. They have a nice happy hour and we like the Flatirons Ale. Service is always friendly and timeley. We never feel rushed when welinger and talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAliJohnDined on 2/15/2014We had a party of 11 and realized at 2pm that day that we had no place to have dinner. We found Flatirons and were able to get a reservation on Open Table. It was perfect! Of course it took a little longer... see aforementioned party of 11. But, the waitress was helpful and pleasant and the food was great.Special Features:
- In town for a visit. FirstOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2014In town for a visit. First time at the restaurant. Wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable. She came around during the meal to see how things were going. Food was good. Good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014the food was good, nothing great but it was very expensive. most likely I won't be recommending it to anyone or going back
- Not ImpressedPlannerDined on 1/23/2014Disappointed Our reservation was unnoticed and none of the instructions requested were followed. What's the point of having options if the restaurant doesn't even know you reserved!? A business lunch that left egg on my face. Poor execution right out of the gate. The service for a slow lunch time was ridiculous. Our server was not at all personable, was quite cocky and a very poor pre busser. Food was good, although prep time was triple the norm. Management was oblivious, she was too busy just walking in circles looking pretty. Would not recommend. Will not return.
- Return Visit GuaranteedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2014First visit was early Wednesday night so can't speak to weekend activity. Ambience was great for conversation. Food was prepared to order, wait was longer than would have been expected especially for a quiet night. Husband had flatiron steak. I had ribs. Both were great. Good portions leaving us very satisfied; no left-overs this time which is a good thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2014Our waiter was not very friendly at all. We had the buffalo wings for an appetizer and I had the Toas Chicken Salad. It was just okay. Never tried this place before, so we thought we would give it a go, although everything was reasonably priced, I probably will not be returning to this restaurant again.
- Thanksgiving dinner was very goodKatiDined on 11/28/2013We two 'orphans' decided to catch a movie and then take in Flatirons for dinner on Thanksgiving evening. I had the turkey & fixins' and my friend had the roast beef. Although the roast beef was slightly dry everything was delicious and the server & service was excellent. She made us feel right at home. It was the perfect end to the evening. I have eaten non-holiday meals here and have always been pleased.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving Dinner!yasminDined on 11/28/2013We had a wonderful meal at Flatirons, the food and staff were excellent. We always eat out Thanksgiving and this meal was far the best in portion size, price, taste, nice options we had. The Cheesecake was fab! I would go there again! Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small portionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013Food was good, a bit spicy and small, (mahi mahi fillet) though. We ordered the peanut butter dessert. It was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chips and dip that wereroadwarriorVIPDined on 10/16/2013The chips and dip that were brought out were very good. Chips were crisp and the dressing was flavorful. I enjoyed the fish tacos which were freshly prepared. Service was attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itFoodasaurousDined on 10/12/2013Great food and an awesome atmosphere. Nice place for a drink with dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good. We orderedGrandmaDined on 10/5/2013The food was good. We ordered the wings appetizer, but they were so spicey I could not eat them, it would be nice to have a mild choice as well. Other than that everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulTamzDined on 9/28/2013This is where I always take my out of town guests for a meal. The menu has something for everyone. The food is creative and fresh. The Monterey Chicken sandwich is my favorite. I love the Pear Cider.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerFoodcriticDined on 9/28/2013My son absolutely loved the Mac and cheese with bacon and shrimp. My husband had the Alaskan cod and it wasn't very good. Overall we had a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCarmenDined on 9/27/2013Went in for a birthday. Everyone loved there food. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Great PlaceJordanDined on 9/27/2013Had a great meal with the family. Very friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!SherrieDined on 9/26/2013We enjoyed Flatiron's. The food was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Meet FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2013My sister and her friend were in Colorado Springs for a conference and we wanted a place to meet for dinner and drinks. I made my reservation only an hour and half before it was time to meet. The hostess was great and seated me right away. Before my sister arrived, I received a text that two other people would be joining us. My waitress and the hostess immediately arranged a bigger table for us -- without complaint! The meal was truly delicious and the service was excellent. I would recommend Flatirons to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2013Went for our wedding anniversary. They had a prix fixe menu for restaurant week. My wife had the cedar plank, she loved it. I had the flatiron steak and it was cooked perfect. We had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family and Food at Flat-IronsAustenreaderDined on 9/14/2013This family-friendly place served us excellent steak and burgers, delicious cheddar mash potatoes and very tasty veggies for our meal at a reasonable price. The steak was wonderful! Server kept the kids' lemonade glasses full without being intrusive. Highly recommended for family dining, and has good parking.Special Features:
- Good was great, service wasBethDined on 9/14/2013Good was great, service was slow and a bit inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2013Our server recommended the short ribs. I thought there would be bones in them so at first didn't know what to think. They were so tender and delicious. Our server was great as well.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2013Everything was delicious! Server was friendly and attentive. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.