Flatiron Kitchen and Taphouse
215 S. Main Street
Davidson, NC 28036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Flatiron Kitchen and Taphouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.flatirononmain.com/
- Phone: (704) 237-3246
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Monday - Thursday 11am-10pm Friday & Saturday 11am-11pm Sunday 11pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Marlow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Mondays - 24 $3 Craft Beers On Draft Tuesdays - $5 Flatiron Martinis Wednesdays - $5 Glasses / $20 Bottles Of Wine Thursdays - 24 $3 Craft Beers On Draft Sundays - $5 Glasses / $20 Bottles Of Wine
A word from Flatiron Kitchen and Taphouse
Flatiron Kitchen + Taphouse is the centerpiece of Davidson, NC's Main St. showcasing top-quality boutique proteins and the freshest ingredients prepared artfully. We fly in the best seafood available daily from around the world. Our amazing 'Taphouse Tower' features 24 North Carolina and American Craft beers, as well as world class beers from Europe. An extensive wine list and handcrafted infusion cocktails are also available. Designed by renowned architect Dave Wagner, Flatiron is fun, friendly, and warm. Come visit us at Flatiron...the most exciting restaurant in the Lake Norman area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Flatiron Kitchen and Taphouse - Best Restaurants in Davidson ›
Flatiron Kitchen and Taphouse reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (18)hot spot (16)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)special occasion (12)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (6)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great beer choicesElizabethDined on 11/15/2014Great beer choices and good wine choices. The food was delicious. There were three in our crowd and we were all very happy with our meals. Very good desserts as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great find!JasonVIPDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great evening at this restaurant last Friday. She enjoyed the flatiron steak and I enjoyed the salmon. We shared the brussel spruts salad and it was wonderful. The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodPcityVIPDined on 11/8/2014As always great! Donuts are incredible and the veggie pasta was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local spot main stay at our homeLivestrongDined on 11/7/2014The food is good and a good selection of beers. The service is ok. The problem is the kitchen is too small so only so many dishes can be made so you can wait a while. They need to keep serving drinks. Sad they took they regular hummus off the menu. Not a fan of the black bean hummus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLocaleaterDined on 10/31/2014Compared to 6 to 12 months ago the food and service is down a bit and the prices are up alot. Will wait and watch before returning.
- our new favoriteSimonCDined on 10/31/2014We tried Flatiron for the first time a few months ago and it was so good it's now our favorite. Staff are great. Knowledgeable but really friendly . A great local restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimKimDined on 10/24/2014I went to Flatiron on a Friday night with my wife and son who's a Davidson student. The atmosphere was enjoyable, food was good (although my steak was slightly undercooked), waiter was not very friendly, they did not have my OpenTable reservation but after protest did fit us in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I brought a group of 8 co-workers for dinner. The service was great and so was the food. Overall the location is a bit loud. There was some live music and at times even that was drowned out by the noise. The restaurant didn't find my OpenTable reservation. But they still had space and we were able to eat on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service great but food just okPauleyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Went for Sat. dinner with my wife. Our server (Christina) was wonderful and attentive. The food on the other hand was just ok. We ordered the cheese plate to start ($15). This consisted of 3 one inch pieces of cheese sliced into pathetic tiny slivers. The entrees were decent (I had the chicken/pasta dish and my wife had the duck) but the broccholini side was so undercooked that it couldn't even be cut with a knife. When a large noisy party of 12 came in and was seated next to us, our server offered us a free dessert. We ordered the fresh homemade donuts. They also came out so undercooked that the batter was dripping out of the centers. This restaurant has potential but unfortunately the kitchen seems to have poor quality control.
- Davidson's BestdymicheleVIPDined on 10/10/2014I love this place, it is always a great experience. The service was knowledgable about the menu and spoke with passion about the food. Created a great experience! We had the calamari fritters and fried green tomoato appetizer which was delicious. We also had the filet mignon, which was in my opinion, the best steak I have had in a very long time. It was a great cut, very flavorful and delicious. We also had the maple pumpkin ice cream which they made fresh that day and creme brulee. It was amazing. I recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We came here for a work lunch. There initially 8 of us, but we had an extra join us at the last minute. I called about 10 mins before we showed up and they were able to accommodate 9 right away. We had a vegetarian in our group and there were several options for her. I got the spicey burger with ghost pepper cheese and it was excellent. The burgers can be kinda drippy though so watch out! Other in my group got wraps, the bacon burger and salad. Everyone was happy and the portions are huge! The sweet potato fries are delicious! The service was excellent and the server helped several at our table make their choices. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice surpriseSunshineVIPDined on 10/7/2014Just passing through Davidson while traveling south. Our hotel recommended Flatiron and we were very pleased. They were a little short handed so service was a little slow, but since we were not in a hurry it didn't really matter to us. Our waiter John worked his heart out, waiting tables, making drinks behind the bar and occasionally acting as hostess as customers arrived. We asked him if he was cooking too??? I had the Mountain Trout, with truffle fries and haricots vert. Everything was absolutely delicious. Husband had the salmon which he also enjoyed. We will certainly return here when in the area.Special Features:
- DisappointingDrBillFreeDined on 10/2/2014Stood at hostess stand for 5 minutes while she had a personal call and would not look up or acknowledge our presence. Couldn't find our reservation, didn't need one only a couple people there. Ordered food from an ever vanishing waiter, told him we were going to a play (should have received 10% discount, didn't). Ordered meatloaf, average, scallops average but really overpriced $27 for 3 medium scallops with a few veges.
- Pleasant surpriseFrannyDined on 9/26/2014I have been wanting to eat dinner here for a while. The Flatiron Steak was melt-in-your-mouth delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous!RGinTallyVIPDined on 9/23/2014What a great dinner! My wife and I returned to one of our old favorites in Davidson and were blown away by two great salads and entrees. My wife had the warm Brussels sprouts salad and absolutely loved it. I had the fried green tomato salad which was quite large and accompanied by a mixture of corn, asparagus and scallions-- incredibly delicious. For entrees she had shrimp and grits and I had the diver's scallops. Both were wonderful. We also had a great bottle of wine from a small but very good and reasonably priced list. This place is obviously a favorite of the locals and was very busy even on a Tuesday evening. The staff was friendly, especially the bartender who also was our server. We look for ward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMammaCDined on 9/20/2014Went with family for dinner and had a great experience. Food was delicious - filet mignon cooked to perfection, kids menu available, friendly and attentive service. A bit pricey, not outrageous though. Would definitely return. Would like to try their Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.SimonCDined on 9/19/2014Went there for my birthday. Staff are wonderful . Food was lovely. Calamari fries especially !!! I have now been there for a quick drink, brunch with friends and a special occasion dinner and have lived it each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing. The Fried Greeen Napoleon (tomatoes) was amazing. If it came in a dinner portion - I could easily see that as an entree! I had the Flat Iron and my wife the Filet - both were cooked perfectly and were delicious. The service was outstanding - every request was accomodated and server was attentive and friendly without being intrusive. Enjoyed the view and watching the events of mid-town Davidson unfold as we dined. This restaurant is right at the top of our favorite places after this visit and I anticipate being back frequently.Special Features:
- Great local spottedtheoDined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent and reasonably priced. Parking is a little dicey because it appeared to be street parking only from what I could tell. Maybe there was a lot somewhere and we missed it. That's about the only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & a fun place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We were a group of 10 celebrating my husband's b'day. Service was excellent (thank you Christine!). And food was great! On the table we had: crab beignets, truffle fries, goat cheese spread (I think it was goat cheese).....all delicious. Burger and filet were great. Everyone really enjoyed what they ordered. Very fun place. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- YuckJuliaVIPDined on 8/23/2014We waited 10 mins before we were greeted by an unfriendly server. We ordered the truffle fries as an appetizer, when it came out it was broken shoestring fries with garlic mayo. I had the salmon and it was raw, I sent it back it then it came back so dry and no flavor I told them I didn't want it. The manager did take it off the bill, but it would have been nice if she would have given us a dessert or something for our troubles. Then she said to us " I hope you will let this go and come back and see us." Overall the service and the food was awful.
- YUMLuvMyLatte2Dined on 8/16/2014Dinner was great from start to finish. Our waiter was very attentive and the chef was very accommodating to my Vegan needs. Highly recommend this place. We will surely be backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Everyone enjoyed their dish and portion sizes were just right!!!Special Features:
- The following 281 reviews are from the Flatiron Kitchen and Taphouse reviews archive.
- MerfishVIPDined on 7/19/2014The scallops were amazing. Service was a bit slow considering they were not packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotAgoodtimesVIPDined on 7/18/2014Not sure why there are so many negative reviews-Flatiron was excellent! Service was very prompt and friendly, food was outstanding, and they were quick with our cocktails-which is always a plus! The only reason I gave 4 stars is prices are slightly higher than what I would expect for the menu items; a slightly casual atmosphere & menu with fine dining prices- but they're the only game in town and they do a great job, so it was acceptable. We had the Brussel Sprouts App & I had trout and my husband had the brick chicken as entrees-both very tasty! We will be back!Special Features:
- One ofBingoDined on 7/18/2014The worthy outlets at the lake as well as Fork and Pisces. Support good food visit all three, enough with the bar b q joints alreasySpecial Features:
- Great!mep26Dined on 6/25/2014I have been twice now and it has been excellent both times. I had the duck the first time and the spicy seafood linguine most recently. Both dishes were very good the duck especially. Everyone that accompanied me also had a phenomenal meal. I would definitely recommend Flatiron to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placedolphinloverDined on 6/20/2014enjoyed great beer specials and food choices. You can even take home a specialty beer in a growler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 6/6/2014This was an excellent spot to celebrate a friend's sixtieth birthday. The staff was attentive, yet not over- bearing. The fish tacos were fresh, tasty with great presentation as well as the vegetarian black bean burger.Special Features:
- Couples Night OutDavidsoniteDined on 4/5/2014Had a great time. Nice beer and wine list. Food is great quality and the beer and wine list is more than sufficient. Great location in downtown Davidson. Servers and bartenders were excellent. Great for a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experienceCyndiDined on 4/1/2014The food is always amazing, the service is always reliable (this time Greg was fabulous!), the beer and wine selections keep everyone happy. Our son, who is in hospitality gets so excited about choosing the beers for the flights for he and his dad -- then selecting the wine for dinner. We've never had a bad experience or dinner we didn't rave about!Special Features:
- Great food, but go early.PaukenwirbelDined on 3/29/2014Really fantastic food and service here as always. Just extremely loud this time for some reason. Was on a first date, and it was very difficult to talk. We had to skip dessert and coffee and go elsewhere. No problem early (5:30PM), but it quickly got extremely noisy, even when the place still was not to capacity. Much of that came from a select few parties, but still.... Fantastic food and very attentive service, though. Really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Not for vegans.VeganDined on 3/28/2014There's nothing on the menu for a strict vegetarian. The server did mention that they could put together any combination of vegetables that are on the menu. So if you're vegetarian you end up with a vegetable plate. I ended up getting a spinach salad with a side of vegetables. Other people in my party had regular menu items and said it was very good. However, I'm only reviewing on my experience with non-strict vegetarian items. If you're looking for something like that you will end up going into Charlotte.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodJoytennisDined on 3/19/2014Have had lunch and dinner at this local restaurant several times. The daily lunch specials are inexperience and delicious. The dinner menu covers all meat groups and are delicious too. They use local farmers which I love to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hometown FavoriteGreemoDined on 3/7/2014We love the Flatiron Grill! The setting is always relaxed. The food is always good and the drinks are excellent. Jason and his staff are very attentive, always there when you need them but not pushy or hovering. Our favorite is to go and have drinks and eat appetizers for an evening. The Kobe sliders are amazing! The seared ahi is very good. We have always enjoyed their fresh fish of the day. When it is Halibut season, this is the place to go. Make this your go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambience. Disappointing food.DianeMVIPDined on 3/2/2014My husband and I were surprised at the outset by the waiter's complete lack of familiarity with the wine list - never a good sign. But then when my Pecan Chicken Salad arrived with almonds instead of pecans and spinach stalks at least 2" long throughout, I knew we'd made a mistake in our dining choice. I even asked about the lack of pecans in the dish with that description and got a shrug from the waiter. Just an overall disappointing meal in a place that should be much better.
- Family DinnerGoodEatsDined on 2/28/2014Very helpful and friendly staff. We had a member of our party in a wheelchair and they were especially helpful in getting us in and out of the restaurant through the busy restaurant. The food is always delicious, the wait staff we had was fabulous! Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, Great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time dining here. The menu was small, but great. The service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines weekendDarrel411Dined on 2/15/2014Ordered an appetizer of crab beignets. They arrived overcooked & were difficult to cut & tasted slightly burned. I ordered the fish. My date ordered beef tenderloin. My fish was prepared correctly, and it was good albeit smallish. My date kept asking me if I wanted a bite of her tenderloin. When I finished, she still had about half of her tenderloin remaining, and asked me to please take a piece. Good God! Am I chewing on shoe leather? She ordered it medium well, and it was overcooked. I then realized that the tenderloin was so tough that she was having a hard time eating it. My date ate less than half of the tenderloin, and we left. My date made the comment that she would never eat there again. The service was prompt & friendly.Special Features:
- Trendy Davidson hot spotTrendyVIPDined on 2/7/2014Great location, diff for Davidson, good food and wine list. Mussels were a little 2 spicy for my taste but the salmon was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.