Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria – Salt Lake City
1044 E. 2100 S.
Salt Lake City, UT 84106Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria – Salt Lake City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flatbreadpizza.com/
- Phone: (801) 467-2180
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Phipps
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music every Wednesday evening featuring local artists.
A word from Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria – Salt Lake City
Located in the heart of Sugar House, Flatbread serves authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizza certified by the Verace Pizza Napoletana association of Naples, Italy. An upscale urban farmhouse interior is just as warm as is the hand-built wood-burning oven imported from Naples. Voted Best Family Restaurant for several years in a row, Flatbread caters to families as kids make their very own pizza then watch their masterpiece cook. Perfect for business lunches, special occasions or just your weekly hang-out spot, Flatbread offers a full bar including local craft beers, wines and spirits along with a broad menu offering appetizers, flatbreads, and fresh salads. The Pick Two is the perfect lunch as you combine virtually any two items on the menu into a perfect, personal sized pairing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria – Salt Lake City reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Love this spot!PHL2SLCVIPDined on 11/8/2014Neapolitan is our go to spot! The food is consistently good no matter if you order a salad or their amazing pizza. They have quite a few good appetizers to choose from (stuffed mushrooms are the only ones that need some work of the ones Ive had) and the fondue doesn't disappoint! They use quality ingredients and deliver a quality and satisfying experience!Special Features:
- Nice Addition to SugarhouseTumbleweedDined on 9/27/2014Nice addition to the Sugarhouse dining scene. Reasonably priced with diverse menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and soggieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The flat bread was really soggie and overall bland. It was so loud you couldn't think
- Great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We love the food here and the staff are friendly. We have been about 6 or 7 times now and without fail there is always at least one part of our order that is wrong - usually the requested pizza toppings are missing something or something wrong is used. Other than this we love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria – Salt Lake City reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Good food-service was poor. The waitress needed more training.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Josh needs to work on his mannersFlyguyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Very disappointed in the way we were treated yesterday by Josh. Apparently he is the manager there, but doubles as a waiter and does a little of everything. A few months ago when we were there he completely screwed up our order, so badly that the owner of the restaurant came over and comped our entire meal. Yesterday when we arrived, after making reservations using the Open Table app, at the exact same day and time as the prior week, prior to seating us, he said abruptly"you can't make a reservation at that day and time." Ummm, we did, without a problem this time, and a week ago. Seems the restaurant needs to simply adjust what is allowed on Open Table for their restaurant rather than making the customers feel as if they are at fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pot Roast PizzabringbackthepotroastDined on 7/4/2014Really, really, really bummed the pot roast pizza is no longer available. :'(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good experienceFlyguyVIPDined on 6/13/2014Been here many times. Although the pizza has occasionally come out overcooked, the overall experience is always great. It has an awesome decor and ambiance, and is an airy and happening place to generally be. My only complaint was the occasionally long waits. Now with open table reservation options table if 5 was seated upon arrival immediately when there was a 30 minute wait for others. Nice to feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionSuzieQDined on 6/9/2014Delicious food, enjoyed dining with me girlfriends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!TBS1Dined on 5/11/2014We 'discovered' Flatbread several months ago and have been going at least 1x per week since. Wedge salad is perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite!AndiVIPDined on 3/30/2014I love sugarhouse and this is becoming one of our favorite go to places, especially in the weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYummyDined on 3/27/2014Having been to Italy myself, I was excited to try this place! Pizza is pretty authentic Italian style "Neapolitan'. They have the oven n everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugarhouse Go ToLucy1Dined on 3/14/2014I have eaten at 'Flatbread' six or seven times in the last year. The quality of the food has always been consistent, the service good and the atmosphere pleasant. I like the open air feel of the patio that connects with the restaurant on nice days and I have had my dog out there a couple of times. 'Flatbread' has a good neighborhood feel and I think it is a definite asset to the community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super goodFluffyDined on 3/9/2014Thankyou for being apart of open table. It makes getting a table at your trendy eatery possible. I like that you offer beer from local breweries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not that impressedcarsonDined on 3/8/2014I probably built I up in my mind a lot more than I should have, but it was only good, not great like I was expecting. You definitely need to make a reservation because you'll have to wait at least an hour. The food is slightly overpriced for what it is, but it's good. Our waitress basically ignored us, but she was pretty busy and we weren't drinking. It was ok, but I don't think I'll go back.Special Features:
- Sugarhouse treasureTimber622Dined on 2/15/2014This was a great pizza, plenty of options of both authentic Italian and more Americanized versions. I would even consider rating it higher than Settebello's which has been my favorite pizza in Salt Lake since it opened. Friendly service with good recommendations and stuff came out fast. It was a packed Saturday night and me and my date were out of there in an hour, including an appetizer. A real asset to the Sugarhouse restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this joint!TexF350Dined on 2/8/2014On a whim the kids and I booked this pizza place with open table based on the good reviews...it didn't disappoint. Good selection of beer (epic brews!) along with good prices, quick service make this place a worth while stop. Good to the kiddos and they enjoyed building their own pizza nearly as much as I enjoyed watching them. They did mess up one pizza but made another one for free. Great management. I'm coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice casual Sugarhouse eaterySteveVIPDined on 2/2/2014Good pizza, flatbread, beer, wine list and salads. I could eat here a few times a month if I lived in Sugarhouse. Easy environment to be social with your froends, family.I would recommend this to a friend.
- They took us right in withdaphDined on 1/24/2014They took us right in with the reservation! it was busy but we got right in. the food was great and our server was wonderful and knowledgeable. love their food! and it's a 10 min walk from our house! we are lucky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visitKatlovesfoodDined on 1/10/2014Our first time to Flatbread. Parking was difficult took awhile to find a spot. But once inside it was very nice. Food was very good. Did not care for the winelist. It was just ok. Service was good. We ordered an Italian Wedge Salad delicious. A pizza.. great crust, flatbread also very good and mac & cheese. The mac&cheese arrived later than the rest of the food. But then was comped by the manager. Overall a very nice dining !Special Features:
- New favoriteKristenDined on 1/4/2014Best pizza with the best atmosphere in SLC. Officially trumped Setebello for us. Service was great, good variety on menu and best wedge salad I have ever had. Love the lighting and atmosphere can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Sugar HouseJanetDined on 12/18/2013We have been to Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria several times and have always had a great experience! Great food, good service and a very fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Go-to spot for family friendly mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/15/2013We come here often with our three young boys. They love making their own pizzas and being able to watch them bake. My husband and I like the beer and cocktail selection, coupled with interesting flatbreads and traditional pizzas. We've never had a bad meal and service is always prompt. Suggest reservations for large groups and busy times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for everyoneKsundahlDined on 11/27/2013Loved the Neopolitan style pizza. Fun for the family. The kids loved making their own pizzas and then watching them cook. Fast service, even for our group of ten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectJINSHDined on 11/23/2013Great food, ambience and service until the end. Despite a dwindling amount of diners, it took awhile to get our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salads and pizzaIlikeithotDined on 11/23/2013I highly recommend their Italian Salad. I added grilled chicken and it was truly superb. Pizzas were incredible and good size. Service was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Lost in a crowded kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2013Our order took about 40 minutes to cook--manager was apologetic and comp'd us a salad. One pizza was burned and they tried to replace that (another 10 min wait). We like each other, so time was not a problem but we were pretty hungry by the time the food showed up. Somewhat confusingly, our replacement pizza showed up in a box and our waitress wanted us to order dessert before we finished that (which we did). Kind of seemed like they were telling us it was time to go (despite the wait.) Overall, I'd say a pizza feeds about 1 person and get a salad or two for the table. The Italian Wedge was great. The last 2 times I visited this restaurant, the kitchen worked great. I'd say this was a very off nightI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceCrash84084Dined on 10/12/2013The food here is very good and different from other pizza joints in the valley. Our waiter was attentive and funny making for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaLukeDined on 10/11/2013You'll find great pizza here in the Neapolitan style. We usually choose Flatbread on nights that will be nice to eat outdoors. Inside is fine, but rather noisy and difficult to hear sometimes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - but slow it downMb0411VIPDined on 10/8/2013The food was great! I have tried a lot of authentic pizza places, and this one is probably one of the best. The Cheese Fonduda was amazing! However, once we ordered the Appetizer, the main course came out within 2 minutes so we could not really enojoy it. Besides that, service was good, and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointing.CallmemrsbillDined on 10/4/2013My husband and I have been here 3 different times now, and each time we walk away talking about how great the food is. Because it is a fresh made pizza cooked in a wood stove, it takes a bit longer (especially if it is a little busy) but in my opinion it is SO worth the wait. The entire staff is very nice..which is also a big plus. They are always smiling and fun to talk to. We had the chopped veggie pizza...the entire pizza was covered in freshly chopped, grilled vegetables, and goat cheese. Pure heaven. I have made this place my go to "pizza place". I would recommend this place for anyone who enjoys a good wood fired pizza that isn't dripping with grease or has been pre frozen... If you haven't been yet, GO...what are you waiting for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StinksWessDined on 9/13/2013We walked in after having reservations for 7p.m. waited a extra 20 minutes. Also the smell in the restaurant smelled like baby diaper. We also ordered flat bread which was not spectacular in anyway. Missing the mushrooms we ordered extra. We also wish the pizza was alot better crust. To doughy. But overall never have any reason to go back.
- A welcome neighborhood additionomnivorousDined on 9/2/2013First trip to FNP impressed me with the outdoor dining set up and levels inside. The salads were better than expected and on the larger side. Pizza crust was surprisingly not as thin or flavorful as expected. Perhaps management could get a hold of the Pizzaria Limone recipe. Salted caramel pudding appears to be the up and coming dessert of choice and FNP nailed it.Special Features:
- Nice addition to SugarhousefoodiewhoalwayswantsmoreDined on 9/1/2013Overall this place is a nice and a much needed addition to the food/beverage choices in Sugarhouse. The ambiance is nice, décor is fun and hip and the food isn't bad. For an appetizer the Fontina fonduta was a delicious choice, the Prosciutto wrapped prawns were okay. For the main dish I choose the Carbonara pizza. It wasn't anything like I expected given that I know what carbonara pasta is but it wasn't bad. The only thing truly carbonara about it was the over easy egg on top. I wish restaurants in Utah would step it up a notch in both creativity & taste and think outside the box. In my opinion Flatbread didn't really elevate either but at least it was fun to try something new in Sugarhouse.Special Features:
- very nice early dinnerBatGirl44Dined on 8/9/2013Service was great. Nice place to begin the weekend.... I love their "happy hour" menu. filling and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Soggy PizzaFoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2013We had the lunch special where you could have a salad and small pizza. The wedge salad was great but the pizza was undercooked and gummy.
- New FaveTumbleweedDined on 7/16/2013Love Flatbread. Friendly and reasonable. Ask for half price half orders on salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza, Great SaladAussieinUtahDined on 7/12/2013The food was great. A hint -- if you are going to order pizza, don't order flat bread as an appetizer, they are too similar. The Italian wedge salad is one of the best salads we've had anywhere -- perfect size to share.Special Features:
- Great experience!KathyVIPDined on 6/30/2013We were in town visiting a friend and she recommended Flatbread. It was a busy Sunday evening and our server did a great job. We really enjoyed the sea salt and Parmesan flatbread as an appetizer. I had the arugula basal chicken salad and my husband got the BBQ chicken pizza. Both were very tasty... Although I might prefer no blue cheese on my pizza next time. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner celebrationluvgoodbreadDined on 6/15/2013Three of my friends and I made a reservation for 7:30, but since we had just gone to a movie and got out earlier than anticipated we went straight to the restaurant to see if they could accomodate us a little earlier, and they got us a table within 5-10 minutes. The food was great- I love a good wood-fired pizza place, and they do it great here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.