Flatbread Community Oven - Bend
375 SW Powerhouse Drive
Bend, OR 97702Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Flatbread Community Oven - Bend
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flatbreadcommunityoven.com/
- Phone: (541) 728-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday; 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Alan Bancroft
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining room is perfect for business gatherings, sports parties and club meetings up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Suzy Landan 5417280600
- Entertainment: Live jazz every Wednesday evening and weekly food and drink specials. Visit www.flatbreadpizza.com for more information.
A word from Flatbread Community Oven - Bend
Flatbread Community Oven is an upbeat Neapolitan pizzeria and wine bar specializing in serving authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizza certified by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN) of Naples, Italy. We strictly adhere to the regulations set forth not only by the VPN, but by long-standing tradition. Offering craft brews from around the region, unique wines, a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an amazing happy hour from 3-6pm every day. Perfect for families as kid’s make their own pizza right at their table, then watch it bake in our 900 degree wood burning oven. The menu is balanced out with a selection of market fresh salads, focaccia sandwiches and possibly the most amazing mac-n-cheese you'll find. Join us for a hip, urban and fun dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flatbread Community Oven - Bend reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OrweinorweinVIPDined on 10/10/2014Not like any good Neopolitan pizza I have ever experienced. Soggy crust a bit on the thick side. Sauce had no flavor and only one piece of Basil on the Margarita pizza. The other pizza was equally flavorless except for the excessive charcoal flavor from under the soggy crust. All four of us agreed that the salads were tasty and well done, and the cocktails were inventive, but we were ther for Pizza. We did receive a comp dessert and the staff was pleasant. Sorry but we won't try this one again.Special Features:
- Good Food… BAD ServerGrumpyDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I had been to Flatbread Community Oven Pizza once before. We found it by a pleasant accident. We were meeting an friend of ours for lunch. Since I hadn't seen my friend in over 40 years, I wanted to take her to some place special. Even though I had to change our [on-line] reservation three times. [ my friend was coming from out of town, and traffic was delaying her visit]. The food was FANTASTIC . And sitting outside was fun! Added to the wonderful time (with the exception of our server) The food was GREAT! As always.Special Features:
- opentableVIPDined on 8/23/2014As usual, the food was delicious. The service was outstanding. We sat outside and the noise level was just right. Our group could talk in a normal tone of voice. We dined during the High Desert Art Show but we got our food without hesitation and the service was great.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Flatbread Community Oven - Bend reviews archive.
- Nice placeFourdinersDined on 7/5/2014Ten of us enjoyed this restaurant together. They were super accommodating to make room for our large group after we booked it on OpenTable with 8 people. The food was excellent and the service was on the spot. Definitely a great experience.Special Features:
- Always great!KarlaDined on 6/3/2014The shrimp flatbread is fabulous! Just the perfect size and a great flavor! Nice large booths for comfortable seating. By favorite place for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendlycammyDined on 5/11/2014Always a great place to take kids. They love creating their own pizzas. And there are good choices for parents also.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant!KarlaDined on 4/27/2014The flatbread is excellent! I had a shrimp flatbread and my friend had the two for one ..... a small salad and a flatbread! We both loved it! I also had a glass of pinot which was fabulous!!Special Features:
- Love FlatbreadCookiemonsterDined on 4/22/2014Our server was rushing us like we were intruding in his busy schedule. That was annoying. Otherwise, I love Flatbread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THE FOOD AND LOVE THEopentableVIPDined on 3/7/2014LOVE THE FOOD AND LOVE THE ATMOSPHERE.......ALWAYS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for kidsYummyVIPDined on 2/16/2014Good simple food. We appreciated the make your own pizzas for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit Flatbread!packerDined on 2/14/2014Glad I had a chance to try Flatbread. It is a very popular place...at 5:00 on a Friday it was packed. My husband and I ordered off the dinner menu but I believe most of the folks there ordered off the happy hour menu. Our pizza was good not great.....I don't like my pizza to have black on the crust.....not sure if that is normal or if that is the way their style of pizza is cooked. I would try it again just to find out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timestootyfoodie117Dined on 1/25/2014We walked in already having a table booked online, so we had no problems getting seated quickly. The hostess was busy, but made eye contact and said hello and thanked us for our patience. Good start. We get seated in the bar area at a tall table, normally I'd prefer a table in the main room, but this night I was flexible. Our server was very friendly and informative. We ordered a salad, flatbread and a pizza. The salad was excellent, flatbread was very tasty and the pizza was good. The server checked back with us at just the right times, not too chatty and met our needs. I will definitely be going back. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it and nice experienceFeedTheBeastDined on 12/24/2013Good pizza....some in the neopolitan style as well. Nice local beer list in cans bottles or drafts and priced accordingly. Very high quality pizza ingredients. Very friendly staff that treated us out of towners very welcoming. Shared some local secrets as to favorite breweries and such. It felt like a place that can be casual or more formal depending on your mindset and you would be treated the same either way. For instance you can make reservations but is probably more dependent on walk in traffic. I wish we had one in my hometown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little biased.flatbeardDined on 11/19/2013We have been eating there for about 4 years now and are on first name basis with the manager, Suzie, and other employees. Especially, Pam the server/bartender. However, I have observed that the staff treats everyone as if they are family. Kids are especially welcome. Our last visit was with friends who all honestly agreed with us. Overall this is a very family friendly restaurant. We do not go there just for the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian Pizza!LoveItalianPizzaVIPDined on 10/18/2013The only place in Bend that serves authentic Italian pizza. It was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hostess was the best help everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2013The girl hostess, Amanda totally helped us out and made us feel at home. She is the epitomie of what I expect from Flatbread's service, help and ambiance- excellent. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a favoritebirdwatcherDined on 5/15/2013Whenever someone suggest "Flatbread" it's always a "Yes, I love Flatbread". They have an awesome lunch combo. The overall menu is varied and I can't imagine anyone not finding something that would please them. I think it's a fair price, the ambiance is warm and inviting. The service was outstanding.... we actually had a very long lunch with wine and never felt pressured to move on. There is outdoor dining; but this is Central Oregon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a wonderful familyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/27/2013This is a wonderful family restaurant. The food is fresh and very tasty and the wait staff is always courteous.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed it!RickVIPDined on 2/6/2013Really enjoyed the flatbread I had. Excellent crust and topping. The server was great, and the live music was a bonus. I sometimes don't like live music in a restaurant, but these guys were great, and the music was not at all intrusive.Special Features:
- After Skiing Best Bet!SteveninpdxVIPDined on 1/4/2013Wood fire pizza done right... it's great to see a quality pizza establishment take reservations via Open Table. Our group of six overdid it with just 3 pizza's and a couple of shared salad ending with (again shared) Italian Gelato. Economical, for this level of service and the quality of the food. The location is easy to find and plenty of free parking. What a great way to end a day of skiing at Mt. Bachelor. I just wish they would open in Portland.Special Features:
- Great dining optionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/28/2012Flatbread is a pizza place so my rating is based on what I would expect from a pizza place, not high end dining. We grabbed a reservation at the last minute and when we walked in the place was packed, but much to my surprise we were seated when we arrived 15 minutes early! The service was prompt and the options were great. The cocktail menu a bit lacking and they only have 4 beers on tap, but we made due! The food came out quickly and was quite tasting. My friend had ordered a salad which comes with meat, but she is a vegetarian and they quickly fixed it at no charge. The gelato was quite tasty too. All the staff was very friendly despite how busy the place was.Special Features:
- This is a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2012This is a great place for kids. They get to make their own pizza, which they love. I ordered a grilled veggie pizzetta and it had way too much garlic for me. I couldn't stop tasting garlic and had a garlic "hangover" in the morning. The salads are pretty good, but I haven't been impressed with their pizzas so far. The service is excellent though and the servers put up with our gaggle of kids quite well.Special Features:
- We spent 3 weeks in ItalyLoveItalianPizzaVIPDined on 7/28/2012We spent 3 weeks in Italy and this is the only restaurant in Bend that makes authentic Italian pizza. Great thin crust and not overloaded with ingredients. It is one of our favorite spots in Bend. Outdoor seating in summer and a nice warm and cozy atmosphere in the winter with fireplace. All ingredients very fresh.Special Features:
- The staff at Flatbread couldn'truffemDined on 6/17/2012The staff at Flatbread couldn't have been more accommodating. We were seated in a back room to avoid most of the noise in the main dining area and the reasonably loud music that plays constantly in the background. The food was very good -- we had a great pizza that is one of the 5 Naples-certified. The crust was chewy and the toppings fresh. I would definitely return if I'm in the area.Special Features:
- My group of 4 had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/26/2012My group of 4 had a wonderful lunch. Delicious food, wonderful waitress and fun atmosphere. Also, economical.Special Features:
- Pizza Great, Service RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2012Great Pizza's, loved the Asparagus/Prosciutto. Very accommodating to fit our group in after making a few changes with our reservation. We all felt rushed however during dinner. We were a table of 9, 4 adults and 5 tweens and we were at our table for less than 40 minutes and they were literally taking our plates out from under us and asking if they could take the check. I had to chug my wine and our kids left the table all still eating their gelato. Made for a less than relaxing dinner experience. Turning tables seems to be a priorty here.Special Features:
- We absolutely LOVE this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012We absolutely LOVE this place! The food, service, ambiance, is always right at the top!!!!They made it perfect for us, while celebrating our anniversary!!!!!Special Features:
- This is the place for us!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012This is the place for us!!!! We frequently dine here and it is always amazing!!!! The food is always right on!!!! Close to home and always find a good bottle of cab!!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic service, food wasBethDined on 2/11/2012Fantastic service, food was delicious. They seated us as soon as we showed up (a few minutes before our reservation time). Waitress rushed over to tell us we had a few minutes left to order off the happy hour menu if we hurried. Really appreciated they were trying to make sure we got a great deal and didn't make us wait for our table/wait to help us until happy hour was over. Pizza was delicious.Special Features:
- Great! We Love it! EatenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012Great! We Love it! Eaten there many times, but this was the first time we made reservations on line. Sure beats the waiting!Special Features:
- My family loves this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2011My family loves this place. The kids enjoy making their own pizzas, and watching the pizza makers, who are very friendly and talk to the children. The restaurant has a great ambience for being such a kid friendly place.Special Features: