4000 Mountain Road
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.topnotchresort.com/explore/dining/flannel/
- Phone: 8022536445x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 7:00AM - 11:00PM
Lunch 11:30AM - 5:00PM
Dinner 5:30PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Courtney Quinn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Creative menus with personalized planning and professional staff to execute the most memorable events. From small intimate parties with a personal chef, to elaborate weddings and special occasions of over 250 people, we will handle all details to allow you the opportunity of enjoying yourself with your guests. Formal to casual, themes are our pleasure. Please contact 802-253-6426 to receive your quote today.
- Private Party Facilities: 120 acres of property in the Green Mountains of Vermont to choose that special location with idyllic views. Menus that fit your taste and budget, from simple hors d'oeuvres to five course dinners. Indoor and outdoor locations, that include a tented pavilion for 250 to intimate dining for 8. Private rooms and outdoor venues with magnificent mountain views. Our professional staff will make sure every detail of the decorations, the flowers, photographer, music, linens, location and special amenities are taken care of for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Ronda Berns 8022536426x
A word from Flannel
Flannel is the signature restaurant at Topnotch Resort and Spa in Stowe, Vermont, a AAA Four Diamond Resort. Set before alluring mountain views, the patio-style restaurant beckons with a striking atmosphere, an inviting open kitchen, and an innovative menu featuring chic country cuisine created from locally grown organic provisions. The restaurant is adjacent to the resort’s new outdoor swimming pools and al fresco lounge area. With 65 seats inside and another 75 on an expansive terrace, Flannel sets a welcoming scene for astute diners who appreciate casual yet creative cuisine. The open kitchen is a defining touch, creating a captivating scene of culinary sights and sizzles for diners savoring the bounty of organic farms from throughout the state. High coffered ceilings and a tamped-down color scheme round out a contemporary setting. We focus our expertise on presenting creative dishes that express Flannel's new food attitude: vibrant, delicious and satisfying.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Flannel - Best Restaurants in Stowe ›
Flannel reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (13)great for outdoor dining (13)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (8)romantic (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great food, jerk serveryummyfoodDined on 8/23/2014Went there for 1st anniversary dinner. The food and atmosphere was amazing; however our server was a huge jerk and gave us little to no attention. Thankfully the other staff picked up his slack. At one point he brought me the wrong wine and then acted like it was my fault that he got it wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loujDined on 8/22/2014Fabulous food-really creative and delicious. YummySpecial Features:
- Always a treatCherrypickerDined on 8/12/2014One of our favorite special dining places. Food is locally sourced and unique. Tastefully presented and equally delicious. Service is always really good. Beautiful views.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and welcoming staffPattiDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed several meals here, there isn't one thing on the menu that I would not recommend. Every bite was delicious. The chefs are outstanding! Andrew, the manager was very knowledgable in helping us pair a wine with our meal and was always attentive to all of his patrons. One hidden gem not to be missed here is Mary Buckly's Blueberry Lavender Martini. I've never seen it offered anywhere else, and if you get it directly from Mary, she might share with you the charming story if how she invented it. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous settingExplorerDined on 8/2/2014The setting of the restaurant is overlooking the beautiful outdoor pool with the green mountains as backdrop. We had the chicken which was very good. Our only complaint was the blower. Although staff said they turned it down it never really stopped blowing cold air at us. We were seated near the floor to ceiling windows and if it is very sunny one might appreciate the cold air blowing but we did not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The dining room at Flannel was all but empty and the air conditioning very, very cold. Do bring a wrap for indoor seating. Service was prompt and friendly. The chopped salad was excellent. The rib-eye steak was unfortunately overcooked and cold when served. The lamb was quite the opposite, very undercooked. The mushroom soup was really good and a nice serving size. The pie was difficult to eat when served on the flat slate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, So-So ServiceVTSissyDined on 7/24/2014The food was wonderful - eclectic from the get-go. The service was wanting - we wanted service and had to request it again and again. There were very few people inside and many people outside and it appeared there were only two servers. The manager helped out, but when we asked for the dessert menu, and decided on what we wanted, and waited and waited, we finally asked for the bill, paid it, and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlannelFirstTimerDined on 7/6/2014Great food and outdoor dining setting. Only suggestion: the music was AWESOME and the woman's voice was beautiful. The sound level just needed to be turned down a smidgen. We were two tables away and it was hard to hear one another. Great musical group though!Special Features:
- Missed the MarkNotHappyDined on 6/16/2014Overpriced, undercooked burger missing Heady Topper caramelized onions. Service was excellent. Bar service good. Crab cakes and scallops very good.
- Poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/15/2014Poor experience all around. Good service recovery and would try them again in the futureSpecial Features:
- Among the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/13/2014The King Salmon was excellent as was the side of Fiddleheads. The Key Lime Pie offered a perfect ending to a great meal.Flannel has improved in every area from its predessor, Norma's and can now be counted among the best Stowe restaurants.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, meat sub parOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014Lovely setting, we sat inside due to weather however patio would be the better choice. Noisy inside. My vegetarian meal was good. However my husbands steak fell flat. Not a great presentation or flavor.Special Features:
- EllaDined on 6/6/2014Portions are too small for the price you pay but food was extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceNotAfoofieDined on 5/3/2014Service was very poor for such an upscale place. The server did not seem interested in taking care of our needs and requests and did not appear to be well informed of options.Special Features:
- The following 202 reviews are from the Flannel reviews archive.
- Nice treat for my birthday girlMommaKateDined on 4/19/2014We had reserved dinner for 2 adults and 2 kids as a special treat for my daughter's 9th birthday. When we got there we were pleasantly surprised to find they were running a prix fixe special: any appetizer, any entree and any dessert for $35 /pp. And some of the $ was being donated...I forget to whom, but it was a great deal! Recommended: Sweet potato gnocchi; red crab fritters; salmon (mostly for the parsnip puree and swiss chard it comes with - salmon itself was a bit overdone); chocolate pot de creme (very rich!) Meh or skip: Ribeye steak (tasty, but not that awesome for a $32 steak, and the potato "hash" was shriveled); lollipop kale (needed some sort of seasoning); red kuri squash soup (watery and sour) Service was attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for our familyfoodiesnobmomDined on 4/12/2014There is something for everyone here at this Topnotch Resort restaurant. I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in Stowe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect post-spa dining!agreentangerineDined on 4/5/2014After a morning at the Top Notch Spa, this was the perfect place for lunch in our robes! Fish Tacos were excellent. Beautiful views of the ski resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartender rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Arrived for dinner reservation told we had to wait. No problem. We sat at the bar and the bartender Jason promptly advised us he was too busy to help us and it would be at least 5 minutes. As we waited and watched him wash glasses and chit chat with what was more important clients. Big turnoff. Bad attitude. Dinner was ok. Waiting 10 minutes for a drink wasn't.
- Good, but don't go out of your way.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2014Nice view from the restaurant. It's nice to be able to see the chefs plying their trade. Food was good. Service, while earnest, was less than professional. Was there at lunch. May be a different experience at dinner, less filled with business clientele. Either way you slice it, it's still a hotel restaurant and a bit of a bother to find when there are many other lovely places to dine in town.
- GoodFeldymomDined on 3/2/2014Ambiance is a little lacking but the food was very good. Scallops were excellent. Veggie risotto was not quite what we expected, more like a pilaf than a traditional creamy risotto but flavors were good. Flannel also does a very good breakfast- great maple sausage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StoweOtonoseDined on 3/1/2014Very disappointed with dinning experience. Read the reviews but restaurant fell short.Special Features:
- Food great, atmosphere notilonaDined on 2/20/2014The food was awesome but, the place was small and it looked more like an apres ski bar than a restaurant... You also had to walk thru hallways of rooms to get to the restaurant.
- Did the name change improve thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014We've been coming to Stowe this week every year for 22 years but yesterday was our first visit to Flannel at TopNotch. We knew it was special when the salads made us say WOW! She had a green salad w/radishes and pork belly croutons and a honey dressing (amazing) and a wonderful combination of a kale caesar and beet bruschetta hit the spot for me. Her perfectly prepared salmon with parsnip puree, kale and onion tartlet was terrific and I had to bring half of my generous duck confit with white beans and pork in a balsamic reduction to our time share for next day's lunch. A cheese plate rounded things out nicely with a choice of 7 Vermont cheeses served with a honey stick and crispy crackers. Wine list was fair. Good value and a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining with Vermont FlairNJOREatsDined on 2/2/2014My husband and I enjoyed pre-dinner drinks at the bar, "The Roost". The Sour411 was a variation of an Old Fashion, made with locally distilled bourbon, that was a great warm-up after skiing. Drinks at the Flannel bar were also creative and made with local ingredients. Try the VTini, a special creation by Josh & co - with just enough maple syrup to appreciate being in VT. Dinner @ Flannel began with a selection of Vermont cheeses - perfectly served at room temp and very tasty. Salads and dinner (Salmon and Grilled Chicken) were fresh and cooked to perfection. Dinners were plated with fresh vegetables and sauces that complemented each main course. Hailey, Beth, and Josh made us feel welcome. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stowe Get AwayMalMVIPDined on 1/17/2014Flannel is the new nice restaurant in the Top Notch Resort. Food was quite good as was service. It's great to look out the large windows and see the mountains -- very soothing and beautiful. I wish there were occasional specials since we decided to "stay in" for our time at the resort. All in all a good choice for dinner.Special Features:
- Fabulous BrunchJessDined on 1/12/2014I came here with a couple girlfriends for brunch before heading to the spa. The food was excellent and we had a great spot next to the windows to watch the snow falling outside. It was unanimous that we would have to do that again and make our girls/spa day a more frequent occurrence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, casual ambienceJnmiVIPDined on 1/2/2014Flannel has very creative food preparation and presentation. Wine list for glasses is limited. It is not too easy to find the entrance of this restaurant if you are not a guest at the resort.
- Great food, Great locationsnwbdrhoonDined on 12/20/2013Great spot to go for dinner when you are in Stowe. Ultra convenient if you stay at the Topnotch resort. Food was great with lots of inventive twists on "traditional" New England fare including seafood. Like many restaurants here, it's part of the Vermont Food Network. Service was "ok" at negs as it appears they were still working out some kinks as it's the beginning of the winter season. Definitely worth a stop though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewOceaneDined on 12/7/2013We had a very nice experience. The food and service were good. The view of the mountain was really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food aroundHSquareDined on 11/29/2013The menu is limiting, but the items are outstanding! They offer about a dozen small plates, so my wife and I shared the gnocchi as an appetizer. Not a morsel left in the bowl! She had the short-ribs and I had the sea scallops, and we left trying to tell each other how wonderful our respective dishes were. Service was attentive without being overbearing. Our server actually steered us away from an intriguing sounding desert. Instead we shared a piece pumpkin pie with house-made ice cream: one of the best pies either of us have had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013This is a wonderful spot for breakfast...would recommend to everyone! Food was delicious, service was great, view is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wasn't overwhelmed withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2013I wasn't overwhelmed with the Thanksgiving buffet, both in terms of food quality and the price. We ate at Flannel the next day for lunch and it was much better. Buffets may not be their strong suit.
- Spa with lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2013What makes a spa day with friends event better? A delicious lunch with wonderful service. I had a lovely chicken salad and my friends got sandwiches. Everything was flavorful and fantastic! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a well managed restaurantVTfoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2013From start to finish, this experience was a fiasco. In the past, portions have been generous. Now they are very small. This restaurant has a lot of potential, but it is very poorly managed.
- Deliciousacd32Dined on 10/19/2013My boyfriend and I decided to try Flannel on our weekend away in Stowe. I was alittle nervous to bring him because he is not very adventurous with good as I am, but we had a delicious meal. The olive oil, butter, and red pepper jelly that came with the bread was very flavorful. We got a cheese plate and the Flannel fries for appetizers; both super delicious! The fries were crunchy and fried to perfection and the dipping aioli was great! My boyfriend got the Flannel burger that was amazing. And I got a short rib special; short ribs with parsnip purée, spaghetti squash, with a delicious glaze. We skipped on dessert because we were too full, but overall, the meal was absolutely delusions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeJimlDined on 10/10/2013The dinner was very good. My wife's dish was outstanding, all the menu items were creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicechenangosunDined on 10/5/2013I dined here with my wife. The dining room was a little too open for us but not bad. I had duck confit which was excellent. The sauce raised the dish to the next level. My wife had salmon, which was good, but ordinary, nothing special. Service was good but the down side was that our water glasses were not refilled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placesppwmpDined on 10/4/2013Went on a Friday night, had reservations @7, went @6:30, was seated immediately at a great table next to fireplace. Service was wonderful, food was very good. Had cheese platter, very good selections. Menu not that big, but had great choices. One note, burger says "pork belly burger". Would have avoided it had I not asked waitress for explanation. Turned out it was a regular beef burger with a thick slice of bacon, and an egg on top. Extremely yummy. That plus shared cheese plate, husband had steak, 2 drinks and one shared dessert, bill was about $80. Pretty good value considering the quality of the food. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful luncheon in every way!vtcountrygalDined on 10/4/2013Four of us elderly women celebrated a 90th b'day early to enjoy the foliage view. Everything was perfect with an attentive server, friendly and obliging staff, awesome wine, wonderfully prepared food, and gorgeous views. The menu is limited, but we still had plenty of options. One person chose the Coconut Chicken Soup for an appetizer, but three of us chose the Miso Glazed Shrimp, which was glass noodles and peanut sauce. Three of us chose the quiche, and the other person chose The Smoker which is mesquite turkey, avocado, bacon, dill Havarti, maple aioli, tomato, pressed tortilla. We were not disappointed in any way! Again, every course was delightful with more than satisfactory serving sizes. It is pricey, but IMHO, it is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomehappyjackDined on 9/29/2013Lovely dining experience with good food and excellent service and quiet, nice ambiance.Special Features: