533 North State Road
Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://flamesbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 9149233100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday - 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Flames Steakhouse
Flames Steakhouse founded in 1992 by Nick Vuli as the premier American Steakhouse in New York 's Westchester County , has been lauded by local and national critics as the benchmark for American Cuisine. John Mariani of Wine Spectator wrote, “Easily the best, beefiest, most richly flavored sirloin I've had this past year was at Flames Steakhouse.” This graceful, timeless, classic American Restaurant defines the steakhouse genre, with its adherence to only purchasing the finest products available at the daily markets. Hand selected prime beef, veal and lamb, hard shelled lobsters from 2 – 10 pounds, colossal lump crabmeat and fish are delivered daily to the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Flames Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (7)good for groups (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- What a ripoff!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2014My husband and I visited Flames on Wed. for our anniversary. My husband decided he'd like a good steak dinner. Were we ever disappointed! I had filet mignon which was a large portion, cooked to my specification but lacked any flavor. It was very bland, totally unseasoned, not worth the price. My husband had the aged porterhouse which was cooked to his specification but again, was bland, unseasoned. I had the crab cake appetizer was very good and my husband had the blue point oysters which he enjoyed. Ironically, the seafood was better than the steaks in a steakhouse. Well, those reviewers who rate Flames with other well known steakhouses obviously have never been to them.
- NunuVIPDined on 8/30/2014Best steak anywhere. Every bit as good as Peter Luger with much better ambiance and service.Special Features:
- Great SteakrextilleonDined on 8/23/2014Been going here for years. They recently did a renovation and it looks fantastic. You don't have to go to NYC to get a great steak. Meet is aged and cooked perfectly. Sides are delicious and the portions are steak house ample. Although the prices are high (after all its a top notch steak house), it's well worth it.Special Features:
- Expensive, steak was disappointing.4friendsDined on 8/16/2014Restaurant atmosphere great, but expensive. The porterhouse steak cut and meat quality not nearly as good as a Ruth's Chris, yet the price was.Special Features:
- Bad food - bad serviceMariachristina13Dined on 8/2/2014Don't waste your time or your money !!! Very expensive - they could not even get the pasta right - People next to us sent everyone on their dishes back - Ruth Chris blows flames away!!!
- NunuVIPDined on 7/26/2014This place always had fabulous food and service. With the renovation, it is now a great looking place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers DayMumByThreeDined on 6/15/2014Took my husband and 3 small children here for Father's Day, not really a child friendly restaurant but because it was Father's Day it was fine. Filet Mignon on the bone was excellent, Burratta superb! Only issue I had was there was a piece of sharp metal sticking out of one of the chairs and my daughter cut her finger on it. Waiter barely acknowledge the issue and didn't even apologize!!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING AGAINOUTSTANDINGDined on 6/11/2014Third time eating here in this year. The food, service, and decor are excellent. You will not be disappointed !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 42 reviews are from the Flames Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great Food for speacial occasionsBeachmom113Dined on 5/11/2014In The renovations,they have changed the wonderful menu our staple favorites. They NEED to hard more seafood dishes, like grilled scallops and shrimp to their already wonderful broiled Salmon. We enjoyed three different types steak cuts, and the filet and on the bone rib eye were the fastest. (The steak for one was not as tasty and a little tough/chewy)........all the meals were wonderful, but two of our diners could not find anything on their limited menu to fit their dietary needs. They had a "special price fix mothers menu, but there were no good chooses on that limited menu. As for wait staff, they are superior as always! This is a favorite place for us, but some of their old food options return to the menu! Thank you!Special Features:
- Great Steak in Westchester!MeatEatingMikeDined on 5/3/2014My wife, daughter and I had a great meal here. Service was great and the food was even better. You're certainly paying for the quality, but it is worth it for a special occasion dinner or a night on the town. Dry aged steak was cooked to perfection (was on level with Lugers). Surf and Turf was great, with a very large lobster tail complementing a delicious filet. Sides were great and perfect proportions. We went early (5:45), so bringing a 4 year old wasn't a problem. She was welcomed by all, which made us feel very comfortable. We look forward to dining at Flames again soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Excellent food and service. Great for special occasions.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGOUTSTANDINGDined on 4/20/2014The food, service , and staff are second to none!! If you want a steak in Westhester, this is the best steak you will find!! We were at Flames on Easter Sunday . It was A GREAT MEAL! The wine list is amazing . Try this steakhouse, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flames - superb foodskibikerVIPDined on 4/12/2014Amazing Steak for Two - don't miss this great steakhouse in Briarcliff Manor !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak dinnerkbr2Dined on 2/21/2014We had a fabulous meal on Friday night at Flames.The setting was beautiful and comfortable. Everything I ate was delicious and served beautifully. The special avocado and tomato salad was superb and our filets on the bone were fantastic. The only issue was that the steak was served on sizzling hot plates which were put directly on the table. My husband got a little splash of grease on his cheek.....my suggestion is to serve table side. That being said, I would go back in a heartbeat...the food and service was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse!!JMJMDined on 2/16/2014i cannot say a bad word. The food , service, and decor are the best in Westchester. You will not be disappointed. The wine list is a "book" , not a list. i will be back again and again !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foodrayc77Dined on 2/15/2014Meal was excellent from apps to dessert. Steaks are reasonably priced when sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking service as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Unfortunately our waiter acted as if there was someplace he would rather be.
- I ate here on valentines day.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I ate here on valentines day. My waiter was absolutely awful, he was slow and seemed like he had no idea what he was doing. Not to mention I didn't receive a single refill of my water glass. I basically left the restaurant thirsty. The only good thing about this place was the steak, I have no complaints. I also ordered the eggplant rollitini which was served cold. The bread was stale and cold. And the broccoli rab tasted as if they burnt the garlic which gives an awful taste. Lastly my side potato tasted as if it sat out for an hour before I received it. Overall I would never go back to this place.
- Love the new look!nyfoodieVIPDined on 1/30/2014Flames has reinvented itself again, with a hip new look, an awesome bar area, beautiful lighting and comfortable seating. As always, the food here is fantastic. Prices have been lowered with no change to quality or taste. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For hearty eatersAC45Dined on 12/24/2013Good food and service. Went for our family holiday meal and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Would go Again and certainly recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseWillDined on 11/27/2013Steak like Peter Lugers but with better service and better ambiance. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC SteaksJasfasVIPDined on 11/23/2013NYC quality and style steaks at NYC prices, but worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/3/2013The best porterhouse in Westchester. I'd put it up against Luger's any day. Great sides, creative salads and apps, topped off with a huge wine list. Best of all, don't have to drive to Brooklyn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy, Great food but expensiveBillVIPDined on 10/30/2013Definitely a classy place, with great food, a quiet place where you can talk and enjoy each other easily, nice wines, and they will let you have a taste to be sure when you order. The only thing is that it is a bit high priced, so you will want it more for an occasion, than a regular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak - Close ByMomsDayOffVIPDined on 10/26/2013We always enjoy the steak at Flames for a special occasion. It is expensive, but so worth it. We also love the creamed spinach, buttered mushrooms, and home fries. If they have the beets, tomatoes and avocado special appetizer then order that as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time we have gone here.FordVIPDined on 9/21/2013Second time we have gone here. Both times food was great. Portions are big ands ervice is attentive. Only problem is the prices. A filet was $59.95. These are NY prices. I think if they lowered their prices by decreasing the quantity of food (the chicken was enough for two people) the restaurant would be packed. The steak was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a disappointing anniversary dinnergrammyVIPDined on 8/17/2013Not pleased at all. Bread was tasteless and not even warm. One filet had a huge nerve in it and the porterhouse for 3 was TOUGH!! Our bill was $900 and it was the worst money we ever spent for 4 people. Never going back!
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2013My husband and I have been going to this restaurnat for years. Best porterhosue steak in Westcchester in my opnion though prices are extremely high! that is until this past weekend... service great as usual... overall food quality-so poor!!!!!! steak tasted old and like it was about to go bad-it was the porterhouse for two. sides at best were okay...broccoli soggy, hash brown greasy and to many onions, onion rings super greasy... I loved this place....im so sad it has gone down hill...very disappointed:(
- Outstanding Food!Beachmom113Dined on 6/16/2013Food here is always Outstanding!! The wait-staff is very professional, attentive & accommodating! This is our absolute Favorite steak house, but they make outstanding salmon and linguini w clams and wonderful appetizers as well! Never disappointed w their food or service! My ONLY complaint is I leave stuffed and bring home a meal to enjoy the next day! I Tried the chicken franchese this visit and it was superior! My husband thoroughly enjoyed the Rib eye special.....cooked to perfection! --- a MUST restaurant experience! PS-they now do takeout meals, so you can enjoy at home as well! 10 stars in my book!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak, but oh those portionsFordVIPDined on 6/1/2013My son and I now have leftover steak for the next few days. Food was great but beware of the portions. You may need that doggie bag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flames is on fireOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2013We went there for our anniversary and we enjoyed the food very much. Service was spectacular! We enjoyed this restaurant ver much!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2013This was our second time going to this restaurant within a month. We love the food, it's a bit pricey but well worth it. The staff and owner are also very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak worth the priceNoMisteakDined on 5/2/2013If you love steak, you HAVE to eat here. How this place is still not on the Top 10 I don't know! A great steak and service to match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal. Steaks were cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2013Good meal. Steaks were cooked as ordered and were great. Wasn't the best steak I've ever had, but I'm happy to have this place close by. Definitely going back...Special Features:
- Resident for over 20 years,jerevDined on 3/23/2013Resident for over 20 years, and work in NYC where I have been to just about every great and VG restaurant (including the best steak houses). I have given Flames a few chances to show me what they can deliver for the high prices they charge (remember, their costs do not include NYC rents, labor, etc.) The quality of the meat is generally good but as other diners have noted, they are oversalted. Service is inattentive and spotty - our waiter did not have a good understanding of the different cuts and visits to check the table were about 15-20 mins apart (way too long even for a Sat night). Water glass remained unfilled all that time. A non-meat eater had chicken parmigiana, a grade above what you would find in a red and white tablecloth
- One of the best steak housesDiner1Dined on 2/23/2013One of the best steak houses in upper Westchester, but expensive for what you get. Prices comparable to Crabtree Kittle house although not as expensive as Stone Barn at Blue Hill.Special Features:
- Very expensive and I'm notHysheDined on 2/23/2013Very expensive and I'm not convinced it's worth it. I had sirloin, one of the less expensive steak entrees and it turned out to be a huge portion of sliced steak, enough for two. There wAs gristle on the end. My endive salad was $11 and undistinguished. Pecan pie was not sweet, tho vanilla ice cream helped. All the side dishes were extra but at least they were tasty.Special Features:
- Steak was excellent and theCraigDined on 2/17/2013Steak was excellent and the presentation was well executed. We had the steak for four--two large Porterhouses cooked perfectly, cut off the bone into manageable pieces served on a large platter. Service was efficient, formal.Special Features:
- Marvelous steakhouseOldtimerDined on 2/17/2013We dined alone last Sunday! For the hour and a half that we were at the restaurant, there were no other patrons, but I don't know why. We had the most delicious, tender filet mignons we have ever had, perfectly cooked, just the way I ordered it (rare -- still quivering). Our attentive waitress was very helpful in making suggestions, and said that although it was quiet then, it had been really bustling on Friday and Saturday nights. We'd go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- The food is always GREAT.NanSDined on 2/16/2013The food is always GREAT. Being Valentine's day weekend it seemed quiet at first and the restaurant quickly filled up. We were rushed at the beginning then waited 1/2 hour for the check, they were a bit understaffed.Special Features: