Flame Steakhouse - El Cortez Hotel & Casino
600 East Fremont
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Flame Steakhouse - El Cortez Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ecvegas.com/dining.php
- Phone: 7023855200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jermaine Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music.
A word from Flame Steakhouse - El Cortez Hotel & Casino
Fine dining in Vegas is not limited to the Strip. The Flame Steakhouse is the premiere steakhouse downtown. Enjoy world-class prime rib and steaks, along with the freshest seafood that’s flown in daily. A traditional steakhouse menu coupled with an extensive variety of fine wines, ambient lighting, and live piano music provide a classic atmosphere that will satisfy the most sophisticated of palates.Continued
Adults Only (18 years +)
Adults Only (18 years +)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Flame Steakhouse - El Cortez Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Flame Steakhouse - El Cortez Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)romantic (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great food and friendly staffawesomenessDined on 8/1/2014Looks like a lot of regulars frequent here and I know why. Steaks are outstanding and half the price of other Freemont steakhouses. Don't let the setting fool you. Doesn't look like much but excellent food. Staff were very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El CortezOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014It was a great mid price restaurant. A nice find for the downtown area. With the newly redecorated hotel it was very nice. Had a coupon for a bottle of wine from the local newspaper. That was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flame Steakhouse - WonderfulJulie777Dined on 6/5/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant many times. Their menu has classics like Oysters Rockefeller and the steaks are superb. The waiter was very attentive without being overly so. We hope to enjoy this restaurant for many years to come.Special Features:
- FairdiamondmanVIPDined on 5/24/2014Two members of our party thought the food tasted strange; one said it had a funny spice and the other said it was bland. Service was adequate.
- The Best Value in Las VegasVegasFindDined on 5/22/2014The Flame Steakhouse located inside the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the best value in Las Vegas. We dine there at least once a month and have done so for several years. The quality, service, and values are consistent. The Steakhouse is a rare find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our fav servernormVIPDined on 5/21/2014linda again took care of us.....this is our favorite downtown eating spot....food good....prices reasonable....classy setting....start out with cocktail in next door el cortez parlor lounge....'old' las vegas feel.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014It is always a fabulous experience and the food is outstanding, not to mention the service. We try to get to the Flame everytime we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodcabberscornerDined on 5/11/2014The food was fantastic - Medium rare fillet mignon cooked to perfection. The creamed corn with cheese to die for. However, at the end of the meal the staff were unable to take our player's cards for payment due to a computer failure. The bad part about it is they let us sit at the table for an hour before they admitted they had a computer problem. That was extremely poor service. We had to go "fetch" them to find out what was going on. We wrote our room numbers on the bill and finally walked out while they just watched us go. Each room had a $25 credit to cover the meal. The balance was to be taken care of by our player's cards. A total letdown as we were celebrating 2 birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerDonnaDined on 5/11/2014Our filet mignon was perfect, along with baked potato and grilled asparagus. Our server was attentive without being intrusive or too familiar. We enjoyed the pianist playing tunes that we could enjoy and still converse. It was a really lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 346 reviews are from the Flame Steakhouse - El Cortez Hotel & Casino reviews archive.
- InsanityVegasEATRVIPDined on 4/27/2014I will curb my insanity by not going back to the Flame. As I live across the street from the Flame it is a very convenient place to eat. I had hoped for different results on this trip as my past trips were filled with lackluster food and poor service. This trip was no different. The prime rib I had ordered was as chewy as baseball card bubble gum. The waiter hadn't stopped by in 20 minutes so I made an attempt to try different parts of the rib eye to see if there was anything salvageable; nope. I had asked for the manager and 15 minutes later she arrived to tell me their was nothing that can be done because 1/3rd of the steak was eaten. I had showed her the inedible chewed pieces but she didn't care. Time to learn from my mistakes.
- Great place for seniorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014The ambience brings to mind an excellent swanky supper club of 50 years ago. Maybe not a fit for the 30 or 40 somethings, but the only place for the seniors, many of them "with it" and willing to drop money in he casino, that I have found in Vegas. Much better than Hugo's at 4 Queens, which claims to be the class of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorVegasEATRVIPDined on 3/15/2014The first part of the meal began with the waitress forgetting to ask if we would like a drink. The starters were delivered yet the waitress forgot to bring a friend's salad. The consensus on the food at the table was about 50/50 with the positive 50% feeling the food was acceptable yet lacking. We decided to risk it on desert. The cheesecake tasted freezer burned and lacked any form of consistency. I felt embarrassed that I brought out of town guests here. It should be noted that the service delivered by the waitress was poor while the busers were fantastic and did 90% of the work.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/12/2014Took my in-laws here for their 50th wedding anniversary. Our cab driver couldn't find El Cortez, so luckily I knew a little bit about the area and could direct him. We were pleasantly surprised by the nice restaurant. I recommend the cream corn side dish. All 4 steaks were perfect and all to different temperatures. Our wedding was the best of our vacation. The piano player was a nice extra touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone Crabs ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014The flavor of the stone crabs was great/excellent. I did not like that they were served on a plate of ice. Sides were average, serve average.Special Features:
- Jim'sJimandToniDined on 2/28/2014Disappointed, Flame is not at all what it used to be. Food portions were small. Bread offered was poor quality and small. Service was poor to only fair.
- The Best Value in Las VegasVegasFindDined on 2/27/2014The Flame Restaurant is the best steakhouse value in Las Vegas. Also, the Walleye Pike is the very best that we have eaten anywhere.Special Features:
- Wonderful Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014This is the place only locals know about. The prime rib is the BEST! Elena the server is wonderful, we always ask for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Business GrouptlkhDined on 2/16/2014While in town for business a large group of us went to eat here. The food was very good, service was great, and the overall ambience was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- when we first book a reservation1gamblerDined on 2/16/2014when we first book a reservation for this restaurant we read that this restaurant was for 18 years and older no hats levis and must be casual dress when we went to eat there was kids under 18 people wearing hats they where wearing levis the chicken that my wife ordered had a bone in it stater bros. has bigger chicken breast that the steak was basic not what you would have in a steak restaurant. needless to say I would not recommend this restaurant to any one.
- Worth every centContentDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I live in California and I planned Valentines weekend in Las Vegas. I came across the Flame Steakhouse via the OpenTable. There were other restaurants that I've could have chosen, but I decided to go with the Flame Steakhouse because of its previous ratings by other clientele and glad I did . The food was outstanding as well as the service. Their wine selection was very extensive, delicious, and affordable. We would definitely return to the Flame Steakhouse again next time we visit Las Vegas. I would have given it a 5 Star rating, but the only dislike was its location. Getting to the restaurant was a bit difficult due to parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great PriceDannoDined on 2/14/2014Food is much better than you can get on the strip at half the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Flame @ El CortezRemymartinDined on 2/14/2014We are Vegas locals and this place is a find !!! Should not be passed up if you come to town. Prime Rib ... better than Lawry's. Stone Crabs when in season ... as good as South Florida. Avoid the strip ... this is an oldie and a goodie ... should not be missed. Vegas like it used to be.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant1johnDined on 2/12/2014Outstanding server, Linda Hunt. Always good service and a smile. Steaks were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakhouse with reasonable prmisadmsDined on 2/6/2014We visited the flame during a recent trip to Vegas. The food was excellent, in fact much better than a celebrity chef restaurant that we had visited on the strip the night before and much more reasonably priced. The only problem was the service was a bit slow. We had a great waiter, it just took longer than we would have liked for our food to come out. The wine list was even good and not sky high prices. We would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewing flameMisterBalloonDined on 2/5/2014i was terribly disappointed. i ordered a prime rib medium rare. it was served well done. i pointed it out to the waiter who said he had it written correctly; however, i told him he needed to discuss it with the chef. he did offer to replace it, but i enjoy a cold roast beef sandwich for lunch at home. i have been disappointed at the decline in quality/price/portions at the flame. before a manager named ivory was there, you could get a real prime rib on the bone. now it is definitely the packaged in a vacuum kind. i know. i've worked in resort purchasing. also, flame used to have a wonderful tempura shrimp appetizer. no more since ivory. the prices have gone up, the quality has gone down. no wonder it 's as busy as it before.Special Features:
- Great place!ScarlettdarlinDined on 1/24/2014I eat here every time I go to Vegas & just love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience and valueYummoDined on 1/18/2014This was our first time dining at Flame and it was a good experience. The staff is friendly and the prices are reasonable. We had a coupon for a free bottle of wine when we checked in, so we used that and it was good. My husband and I both ordered steak and they both came out more done than we had wanted. We were hungry, so we didn't send them back. We would go back, but just make sure that we get medium-rare and rare next time. The sides and soup were really good and our waiter was great! All-in-all, a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classis casino restaurantJeffDined on 1/10/2014Takes you back to the casino restaurants of the 60's and 70's. Cocktails, steaks and sides were all very good. The "garbage pail" salad was fantastic, dressing comes on the side (they give you plenty), funny name but give it a try. With the Elvis impersonator crooning in the lounge outside (not noticable unless the door is open), you really feel like Vegas way back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Value in Las VegasVegasFindDined on 12/28/2013The Flame Restaurant located inside the El Cortez Hotel and Casino in downtown Las Vegas is one of the very best values in the city. The Walleye Pike fried is the best anywhere and is only $17.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Flame at El Cortez Las VegaskenosueDined on 12/18/2013We have enjoyed the Flame Steak House on previous Las Vegas vacations. My sister loves a great steak and I promised I would take her to The Flame at El Cortez. She loved it. The service is perfect. The pianist is wonderful. We were there a week before Christmas so most of the music was holiday classics which made the visit special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FlameAngieVIPDined on 12/12/2013This is a great restaurant tucked away in the El Cortez. The menu has something for everyone. Meat and fish are both great and prepared wonderfully. The chocolate cake for dessert is to die for!! Brian is a wonderful waiter and always makes our visit pleasant. There is also a very accomplished piano player who takes requests. This is one place you should not miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a comfy place to chillOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2013This is a comfy place to chill and enjoy good food. I was a little surprised they had the TV on with the football game (no sound,) which took the attention of the 2 men in our party - but they were happy!Special Features:
- A must stop for every trip.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2013We go to Vegas two and three times a year and this is our Old Vegas must go to every trip. The food, the service and every thing else is just the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!wshavalierDined on 10/18/2013We have been going to Flame Steakhouse for years! We go on special occasions and just to get together with friends. This is old world Vegas like it used to be....and having Ray at the piano inside the restaurant now is just icing on the cake. Can't say enough wonderful things about this little find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not the Old FlamecharDined on 9/11/2013The food and service were very good and we enjoyed our dinner. That said we were a little disappointed because the expectation was the iconic Flame Steakhouse just a new location. Sorry to say its not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2013We ordered a filet and the king crab legs. They were both very good. Our wine was also good. For a side, I ordered the spinach. I didn't like it at all. It had a very strong "bacony" flavor. I took a couple of bites and set it aside. The waiter noticed and asked if I didn't like it. But he did not take it off the bill. My husband ordered French fries. The waiter forgot to bring them. By the time we did get them, he was done eating. Also not taken off the bill. We did get a free piece of cheese cake for our anniversary, but neither one of us like cheese cake. The thought was nice, but we'd rather have the food that we didn't like or didn't receive taken off the bill. So we reflected our dissatisfaction on the tip. Great piano player!
- If using coupons, it's a fair valueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2013Prices have risen from 32.95 to 47.00 for King crab legs within 2 years. Prices can be decent when using coupons. Can use more than one coupon per table. One coupon per person/separate checks. Easy to make reservations, clear pricing. 2nd visit was slightly "less" than the first.
- A Mother's Day TreatcabberscornerDined on 5/12/2013There were 8 of us dining on May 12th and the food was fabulous! The Flame offers a free bottle of wine for every 2 diners. The staff was wonderful and very knowledgeable. It gets complicated settling a bill amongst 8 women but they did it expertly : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good all around. Old-tomeSmithDined on 5/9/2013Very good all around. Old-tome Vegas atmosphere, courteous service, well-prepared food, sufficient wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2013Quietly tucked away in the El Cortez on East Fremont is this excellent steakhouse. I've been impressed each time I've visited. Can't wait to hit it up again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.