One Vail Rd
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.flamerestaurantvail.com/
- Phone: 9704778650
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Harrison
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Out of Bounds can accommodate special events for up to 24 guests. Out of Bounds will also feature an illuminated wine wall and a beautiful private fireplace.
- Private Party Contact: Steven Teaver 9704778650
A word from Flame Restaurant
Flame, a Modern Mountain Steakhouse, is the signature restaurant of Four Seasons Resort Vail. Flame’s focus will be “fun dining,” rather than fine dining, as guests enjoy an interactive experience. Prepared by Chef Jason and his team you can enjoy perfectly seared prime steaks cooked on an 1800-degree grill carved tableside, like the 22 oz. dry-aged Tomahawk steak. And share communally served indulgent sides which are locally sourced and seasonally inspired.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Flame Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Flame Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (13)scenic view (11)special occasion (10)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Delicious MealReenaVIPDined on 9/13/2014The service was beyond excellent. Our waitor Kamran was really exceptional. He helped us order a great meal and really made our evening very special. The food is delicious and I highly recommend the Ahi Tuna taco starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Prices & mediocre foodKellyVIPDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I both had the burger. I had to send mine back because it was still raw in the middle. When it came back there was no egg on top; it looked like they scraped the egg off my previous burger and slapped it on the new one. Our daughter had the side of mac and cheese. It was way too richy and too salty. We would have been happier with a Good Times burger! Our worst meal in a LONG time.
- Really great steak placekdlosVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great steaks but more that. Sides were different and really complimented the entre. great variety of sauces and rubs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Royal treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/5/2014The service was amazing, and the food was fabulous. We celebrated my husband's Birthday dinner here and they did not disappoint!!Special Features:
- Special restaurantSylviVIPDined on 8/4/2014Our dinner at Flame was superb. The Australian waygu was lean and tender. Our server Jewel made our dinner even more enjoyable. It's perfect for a romantic and special occasion dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flame is LameSrgnVIPDined on 7/20/2014Average food served Luke warm at inflated prices. Quite disappointed.
- Wonderful dining experienceNca4731630Dined on 7/13/2014Spent a week at the Four Seasons vacationing. Saved eating at the Flame for a 'special' evening. It did NOT disappoint! If not the best steak I've ever had, it is certainly in the top two! Wonderful setting for dinner. Food, Service and setting gets 👍👍.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View!ahkriskrisVIPDined on 7/11/2014We stayed at the Four Seasons and it was convenient to go to Flame. The food was fair, but the view was beautiful! My husband had the Bison Rib Eye and thought it was just ok. I had the Burrato salad - it was delicious. We also tried the asparagus, cauliflower and the brussel sprouts, all were good.Special Features:
- Flamed out.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/9/2014Sadly a potentially wonderful dining experience was fouled by a restaurant manager who failed hospitality 101. The wait staff was warm and welcoming but the manager was not. Disappointing.
- Loved itDisappointedDined on 7/2/2014Wonderful lamb and other food for dinner. Wonderful service. Great wine list. We'd love to eat there again for dinner. Breakfast was not as good. The potatoes weren't good. This rating is based on dinner only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!wgwghwVIPDined on 6/28/2014We met friends here we hadn't seen in years. The entire experience was simply OUTSTANDING! We had a quiet table, service was impeccable, the steaks cooked to perfection, the salads and appetizers excellent, topped off with coffee and great desserts. Everyone was extremely pleased. We weren't rushed, we were hardly aware of the other diners. Exactly what we would expect from the Four Seasons.Special Features:
- The Flame was a "Flame Out" for usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I was expecting a lot more from one of Vail's top restaurants. We were celebrating our 20th anniversary. The service was marginal and so was the food. The best thing about the meal was the wine - hard to screw that up. Steaks were not worth the price and not very good from a place where that is the "favored dish". I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/22/2014The food was very good but the service due to our waiter "Nicholas" was amazing and made the evening a rememberable experience!!!!Special Features:
- Find another place to dine........YuckVIPDined on 6/21/2014There was nothing we had that was worthy of what was supposed to be a four or five star restaurant....it's at the Four Season's Hotel. The duck breast was terrible and my wife could not eat it.....they were kind enough to deduct it from our tab. My Oso Buco was embarrassing. The Caesar salad was okay but really not a Caesar salad. Very disappointing place to have a last vacation night meal.......
- The following 159 reviews are from the Flame Restaurant reviews archive.
- Perfect EndingPattyLou49Dined on 5/3/2014A perfect ending to a perfect birthday in Vail. Not only was the meal divine, but the entire staff made us feel like visiting royalty even before knowing that it was a special occasion. Our waitress was incredibly knowledgeable about the wines which tickled my husband.Special Features:
- Learn first on how to serve a tableChioDined on 4/17/2014It had never happened to me in a restaurant that they bring you the coffee without taking away the plates, left overs, salt, bread, etc. They should train the service in how a table must be served. Terrible impression!
- Waiter was excellent!Brinksvail13Dined on 4/15/2014We dined at Flame for my 26th birthday on the 15th. I'd never tried or heard anything about Flame, but decided to give it a shot. I was so pleasantly surprised. Our waiter was a very nice and knowledgable French gentleman....he made our night amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good concept, weak executionAlexVIPDined on 3/23/2014Disappointing meal. Servers were friendly enough but not attentive, with long waits before taking drink and food orders. Appetizers were fairly good but things went downhill from there. Almost all of our main courses (mostly meat of one kind or another) arrived close to room temperature, as if they had been sitting out for a while. Filet mignon was dry and unappealing. Others were tastier but barely warm. Water glasses went unfilled and plates went uncleared, and a neighboring table sat dirty long after the diners had left. In fairness the manager tried very hard to make things right, offering a discount and free desserts--I appreciated the gesture, and the desserts were excellent, but I'd hesitate before going back.
- Bad music in cavern like settingcaddisVIPDined on 3/21/2014I had trouble getting past the atmosphere to enjoy the food. Boar bacon wrapped shrimp delicious, tacos sampler just ok, spinach salad tiny. Steak delicious but boring presentation and sauces on side were mini. However, entire meal was overshadowed with bad rock music - Heart's barracuda to start then several other 80's Rock bands. Really unsuitable for location and room. I would never recommend this restaurant.
- Flame OutjdantotherescueDined on 3/18/2014I ordered the flat iron steak on the suggestion of our server. I was looking for a medium size steak, with the 6 oz too small and the 16 oz New Yo4k strip too big. I was suspicious of a cut not normally found in fine steak restaurants. I should have gone on my experience. This was the chewiest, toughest steak I have had at a restaurant at any price in a long time. At $45 it is definitely to be avoided. My wife3 and daughter's 6 oz petite filet tasted quite good.Special Features:
- The FLAMEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2014Very noise! the Asian "Welcome-lady" is very unfriendly, but the service and food is great!Special Features:
- Favorite in Vail.WBluntDined on 3/14/2014The tuna app, caesar salad, kobe burger and a side of truffle mac and cheese. It's perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way over-ratedFoodiefromtheSouthDined on 3/13/2014After studying the TripAdvisor recommendations for great steakhouses in Vail, my husband and I decided to take our teenage son and his friend to Flame for our last night in Vail. What a huge disappointment. The appetizers were very good, and yes, the restaurant is very cozy. However the steaks were fair, at best. My son ordered a NY strip that looked like a thin ribeye. I ordered the small filet, medium rare. Not only was it way over-cooked, but it had zero flavor either. The prices for each steak are extremely high, and it absolutely was not worth it. Their wines by the glass are very limited. If you must go, stick with the appetizers. Or better yet, have a drink in the lobby bar before your dining reservations elsewhere.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2014Great food in a beautiful setting. Wonderful service that manages to be both relaxed and attentive.. Wish we had found in sooner during our stay in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GorgeousOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/13/2014Beautiful space, furnishings, decor, and the excellent service that makes Vail special. Surprisingly, there's a nice view on one side despite its lower level location inside the Four Seasons. The lobster bisque wasn't the best I've had, but good. The rapini side dish had an interesting coconut preparation I enjoyed. Looking forward to trying more of the menu in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service made the mealMitchDined on 3/6/2014This was our third time eating here. Our server this time made our meal that much better. He was beyond knowledgable about every aspect of the menu. He made recommendations when we asked - which were spot on. He was always there when we needed anything yet not hovering. The food was excellent but the server made our dining experience one to remember.Special Features:
- the food was very good. theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014the food was very good. the choccolate souffle was great. but the ambience is not there at all and it was a bit too expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingSushiLoverVIPDined on 3/4/2014We used a TravelZoo voucher for dinner for 2 for $99. The TravelZoo menu was limited. We ordered the Wagyu skirt steak, Boursin creamed spinach, Brussels sprouts kim chi, and 3-onion soup, beef tartar. We recommend the Wagyu skirt steak and the onion soup -- but they were still less impressive than I would expect for a Four Seasons restaurant. The desserts (bacon donuts and ginger cake) were tasty. After adding a low-end bottle of wine, tip and tax, the bill came to over $200. The music was loud and not appropriate for a white table cloth restaurant; for instance, Rolling Stones (a group I love) was blaring -- but it was so distracting and not at all in keeping with the western theme. Ando our waitress seemed rushed and inattentive.
- Wow! Our food was great, andDidiDined on 3/2/2014Wow! Our food was great, and the service, knowledgeable and friendly. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- CreativeBearVIPDined on 2/28/2014Overall the menu is creative. The Caesar salad they added some extra ingredients which we feel enhanced the taste. The spinach salad was excellent. We both had fish, salmon and sable. With the choice of sauces added to the flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flame On!ChezingtomDined on 2/26/2014Pricey, but oh so worth it. From the appies, and salads, to the entrees...everyone in our party of six raved about their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stately Atmosphere, Great Foodhms1VIPDined on 2/22/2014If you want a killer steak, make sure you stop by this restaurant in the Four Seasons Vail. Service was a bit strange, but the food and large whiskey list made up for it!Special Features:
- Food was good, as expected,AndreaVIPDined on 2/21/2014Food was good, as expected, it is the Four Seasons and it is about $100/per person when all said and done. They do a fabulous job on steaks - highly recommend the filet. If you are a beet fan - avoid the beet salad, small, strange, not very good. All of our other sides and salads were very good. While our server was very friendly and knowledgable, we had a party of 6 so the 20% tip is an automatic add-on. Our server was a bit scarce and one of our sides was not delivered until 3/4 of the way through the dinner. I don't know if the automatic tip played a part in the average service but you do have to wonder. We have been to Flame before and we will go again - but we may wait a bit!
- Flame is First Class!MotorCityMomDined on 2/19/2014This is a wonderful Vail steakhouse that also does seafood well . . . and brussels sprouts . . . and squash ice cream and . . . My husband's lamb chops were just as good as our waitress raved they would be, and my surf and turf was perfect. The wine list was extensive and included a nice selection of European wines which we tend to prefer over California wines when we are combining seafood and steak at the same meal. The restaurant is large, yet very warm and inviting. We will definitely stop in again the next time we are in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!SarahDined on 2/18/2014We went here for my husband's birthday while we were in Vail. The service was top-rate and the food was spectacular! My husband ordered the flat-iron steak and I got the 6oz filet. Both cuts were perfectly tender and juicy. We also had the crispy brussel sprouts and twice baked potato side items. They were fantastic as well! Would definitely recommend Flame for a fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good...FLSkierDined on 2/11/2014All in all a solid meal. However, there were some service missteps and our server was too frantic. She was very nice, informed, and friendly. She just seemed to be running all over. We were presented the wrong entrees at one point that were promptly removed. Scallops were excellent, my daughter enjoyed her Filet. Other entrees were prepared very well and we felt cared for.Special Features:
- Steak & Wine - What could be betterDC2VAILDined on 2/8/2014We came to Flame celebrating a birthday for a friend. First, the service was fantastic! They were on top of everything, but not on top of us. Great with suggestions but not pushy. The perfect balance in service. The wine menu was extensive. There isn't much better than looking at a wine list and seeing your favorite wine! We started off with the tuna, very fresh. Some ordered salads or soups. But the real gem was the steak. I had the filet, which was a bit overcooked than I had asked for, so next time (and there will be a next time) I will order it a temp a little less grilled. The steaks come with a few sauces. I suggest you try them all, but they are not needed. The steak melts in your mouth! Try the souffle for dessert! YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun, Great FoodBarrettDined on 1/25/2014We went as part of a ski weekend with friends in Vail. The service was great and unobtrusive and the food was excellent. The venison, flatiron steak and bison were all cooked and seasoned perfectly. Great experience, and we had a blast !!Special Features:
- Close, but not quiteScreggieVIPDined on 1/17/2014This is a high end steak restaurant with some interesting twists. The food would have been a 5, but two of us ordered the Bison bone in rib eye, and we're surprised at how much fat there was compared to meat. Lobster mashed potatoes are outstanding, as was the asparagus and the desert. When you spend over $120 per person you expect Excellent, even amazing, even in Vail. This was really good. Lighting was quite bright, which may be a move to be different than the usual dark and slow, but it cut the romance off at the knees.Special Features:
- interesting enough...very creativeAratasVIPDined on 1/13/2014Menu: varied and offered the quintessential mountain steakhouse cuisine presented with unexpected flair and excellent execution. Rec sharing family style so to experience a diverse array of dishes. Bone in ribeye, simply outstanding. Decadent must try: bacon fried glazed donuts- trust me. The restaurant is a cavernous 'ballroom' and on the night we dined in January- a morgue. Service in Flame was very good, but given we shared the room with just a few other guests, it should be. New Four Seasons so expected a beautiful new neighborhood gem, but this is worlds away from the hoteliers chic style, shocking disappointment. Lobby bar (only avail) felt like an airport sports bar w/ impersonal service to match, start your evening off elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.