1138 Flagstaff Road
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://flagstaffhouse.com/
- Phone: (303) 442-4640
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Cocktails: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Monette
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you need space for as few as 12 or as many as 200 people, we can accommodate your private party needs. From our elegant world class dining atmosphere and fabulous menu, to the fresh mountain air and inspiring views of Boulder, Colorado.
- Private Party Contact: Jean Davis 3034424640
A word from Flagstaff House
Chef Mark Monette has been responsible for the culinary delights at the Flagstaff House since 1985. His unique style of cooking incorporates French cuisine with Asian accents, brought together by his training in several michelin three star restaurants in France and the Orient. Mark has worked with several master chefs including Bernard Hermman and Thomas Keller. At the Flagstaff House chef Mark has had the pleasure of preparing a special menu for the Emperor and Empress of Japan as well as the Prime minister of Japan and his foreign ministers. The restaurant has also hosted many dinners for notable culinary dignitaries including Paul Bocuse, Angela Gaja and Robert Mondavi. The Monette family has owned the Flagstaff House since 1971. The restaurant holds many prestigious awards including Colorado's longest holding Wine Spectator Grand Award. Please note our dress code prohibits shorts, t-shirts and athletic attire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Flagstaff House - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Flagstaff House reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (178)special occasion (168)romantic (152)notable wine list (114)fit for foodies (101)great for outdoor dining (63)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (17)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We had an exceptional experience. The service was great. The food was delicious, especially the duck. Enjoyed the view of the city. Eager to return when I travel back to the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud StripperJonHDined on 11/20/2014Food was ok, overpriced in my opinion. The NITRO stripper next to us kept getting louder and more obnoxious as the night progressed, kind of ruined the night with inappropriate conversation from that table. Service was excellent, great view, not sure what all the hype was as far as the food is concerned.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDMadinerDined on 11/8/2014I am from Boston and requested a table for two with a window. My request was more than satisfied. We were given a table in a corner with a breathtaking view and a very romantic setting. I highly recommend this restaurant. If you are in Boulder and want a memorable dining experience this is the place. It is upscale dining and worth every dollar. The scenic view, the wait staff, the bartender and most importantly the food were all 5 star quality. Fantastic place to dine and if I am ever back in Boulder, I will plan on dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014Great view, great service, innovative and delicious food combinations. Will keep going back everytime in the Boulder area.Special Features:
- AmazingRaduDined on 11/5/2014We celebrated our 10 yr Anniversary and loved everything about it. This might be the best place for special occasions around Denver. It wasn't cheap but worth every penny for a memorable experience. We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scenic with service, poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Service and view were very good. Food was mediocre on the whole, and dead bugs in the light fixtures were disturbing. Not a good value.Special Features:
- Perfectionfrogtank5Dined on 10/29/2014Celebrated my mom's 84th Birthday at the Flagstaff House. Everything is five stars, the ambiance, the service and the food!!!!!!Special Features:
- Best Dinner EverFoodieatheartDined on 10/29/2014From greeting to goodbye this was the best dining experience of a lifetime. Exceptional chef, constantly surprised with small appertifs and palate cleansers between courses. Sent us home with pumpkin spice bread for breakfast. Every bite was perfection, lovely service, the best view in Boulder, and quite possibly anywhere.Special Features:
- Unattentive waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014Waitress inattentive. Even after getting check ourwItress stopped at another table discussing getting high(according to both my kids). We waited long enough that I almost interrupted the conversation to have her run the card. Very disappointed in the end after spending $600.Special Features:
- Flagstaff House Special OccasionCindywDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I went to the Flagstaff House on Saturday night for a special occasion and the whole evening was perfect! We had a table overlooking Boulder Valley as the sun set and the city lights came on. The food was absolutely wonderful and the service made us feel like royalty. It was a very special night thanks to the Flagstaff House staff. THANK-YOU!Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceBagelDined on 10/24/2014The service here is some of the best that I have had at any restaurant anywhere in the country. The servers were constantly ensuring that you had everything you needed but were not intrusive. Further, we received several free items, such as a pumpkin loaf for breakfast the next morning. On top if the service, the food is fantastic and actually reasonably priced when compared to comparable restaurants nationwide (and those restaurants don't have the breathtaking view of Boulder that this one does). If you are in town, definitely worth a trip, especially if you are with your significant other.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014The delivery of our meal was very slow. Service was great. Food was good but not outstandingSpecial Features:
- Attention to detailNataNeuDined on 10/23/2014We celebrated a birthday here recently. Amazing meal and thoughtful touches throughout -a beautiful heart shaped sugar sculpture for the table -that we took home. It was my table centerpiece for our small birthday party home celebration the next night. Everyone loved it! Thanks again flagstaff house for a lovely memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food, incredible serviceicfantvDined on 10/22/2014It's been at least four years since we've eaten here and in all honesty, I don't recall being impressed that time. This time was completely different. The service was attentive but, but not excessive and the food was amazing. This was for our anniversary and with only a comment entered in our reservation as such, the restaurant printed out a custom menu with a personalized anniversary message for us. It was a nice touch and completely unexpected. They did the same for dessert when they brought out a massive candied heart prop with an anniversary message and a dessert sampler. All of the personalized service was quite unexpected, but very appreciated. We will be dining here again and it won't be in four more years.Special Features:
- Flagstaff House Needs Chef Ramsey!ItsAbouttheFoodDined on 10/19/2014My memories of Flagstaff House in years gone by are all very positive. However, this time Applebee's or McDonald's would have been a better choice. The problem was the food. My Australian Barramundi was poorly prepared. The "Grilled" eggplant was over cooked and was only missing the belt holes, the crab lumps were non-existent and the fish was under cooked. The Crème Brule was a $14 joke. It was a measly 1/4 inch thick and overly juicy. The dinner was actually inedible! To deserve high prices every plated dish needs to be perfect. Since we paid the same high prices as those who rated this as a 5 star restaurant, therefore we should have also been served 5 star ratable food. The Flagstaff House needs help from Chef Ramsey!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014General Manager made it a less than favorable night for our 50th wedding anniversary. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Spectacular ViewmemememeVIPDined on 10/15/2014The setting, cuisine and service were impeccable. There isn't a more amazing dining view than from here! The wine list is incredible and, tho the idea of seeing it on an iPad is a bit novel, it's actually heavy and more cumbersome than seeing all of the selections, categorized, on a written menu. It would be appreciated if there were more wines-by-the-glass selections when a bottle, though preferred, may not work for the table. It is a wonderful spot for a special occasion! Would love it if jeans were not permitted attire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014I loved how peaceful and quiet it was. The service was great and I loved all the palate cleansers between courses. I am gluten free and I loved the way they accomadated my diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner and ViewsgardenloverVIPDined on 10/11/2014GREAT dinner with a lots of little extras from the chef!!Special Features:
- eatingoutDined on 10/10/2014Spectacular service Very good food Outstanding view.Special Features:
- Wasn't blown awayBoulderDined on 10/10/2014For the price, we left a little underwhelmed. Staff were polite and on top of things, but a little intrusive and we were very aware of their presence at all times. The dishes we ordered lacked something in flavorSpecial Features:
- Flaggstaff House.foogisgoodDined on 10/4/2014Everything I expected. The gosh Darn Flaggstaff House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular view; good foodjohnwDined on 10/4/2014I was traveling for work, so eating alone. I got seated at a table with a beautiful view over downtown Boulder. It seemed to be bacon/maple syrup night: that described one of the appetizers, as well as an amuse bouche. Apart from that one hiccup, the food was very good. The service was very friendly and extremely helpful (my waiter made great wine-pairing recommendations - there's an excellent wine collection), albeit a touch spotty (I had to ask a few times for bread, but my water was refilled repeatedly). I ended up paying 160 after tip for a 3 course meal plus 3 glasses of wine which felt a little on the high side. The parting gift of a pumpkin cake to take away was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Everything you've heard....YumYumShushiDined on 10/4/2014....is absolutely true! My girlfriend and I have both never been to Flagstaff House, and we weren't disappointed. Everything was amazing and food was perfectly cooked. Awesome!Special Features:
- Beautiful, Romantic & Delicious!!ZeckDined on 10/4/2014The Flagstaff's internal physical appointments are lovely with lots of glass artifacts to capture the eye. The focus of this comfortable dining room can be narrowed down to just your table for a romantic event, or opened up for larger numbers however, the piece de resistance is the view thru the windows to the valley below! The extensive wine list is enticing and affordable, the restaurant provides help selecting; the menu is a yummy array of food combinations (hard not to want "one of everything!") prepared in many delicious and imaginative ways (the stuffed pork loin was fabulous). We were hugely impressed with the wines, the food, impeccable service, attentiveness and friendliness. Do not miss this restaurant; you'll return often!Special Features:
- Enjoyablevalor155Dined on 10/3/2014Pricey, but excellent service and an amazing view. GREAT place for an Anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Special attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014They recognized our anniversary with a special, individualized menu and a small treat to leave with. Very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting boulderdinnertoloveDined on 10/1/2014Flagstaff house is amazing. The most impressive was the service...they did an perfect job. The also had courses not part of the routine meal. The night we were there, they had a sorbet and an appetizer as part of the dinner. Fun and delicious food. The best was the view. Me wife and I met 37 yrs before the week we visited the Flagstaff, so we wanted a nice place to eat. We had a table overlooking the valley, it was gorgeous. We haven't had a better view. They are a definite visit dining experience. A recommend.Special Features:
- Very Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/1/2014The service and ambiance at the Flagstaff House are both outstanding. And the food - excellent as always.Special Features:
- Look no further!Jm96Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent!! The service and attention to detail were outstanding. The food and wine selections were phenomenal. The views were breathtaking. This is not a trendy Pearl street hot-spot if a vibrant bar scene is what you are after. But if delicious food and outstanding service is what you seek...look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/27/2014Flagstaff house is now our new favorite place to go for any special occassion. The food, view and service are worth every penny. We are jsut sad we didn't now about this place sooner.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!SusieBDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit to Flagstaff, and it won't be our last. The food was memorable...both in presentation and taste. The staff made our special occasion that much more special.Special Features:
- Worth itBoulderFamilyDined on 9/26/2014While expensive, the experience was worth every penny. Great attention to detail. Great food. Accommodated our vegetarian preferences. Great view. Amazing staff. Lots of little extras. A must for any special occasion or a night of being spoiled.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/25/2014My father was excited to take me here for my 50th as he had been one of the first customers when the restaurant first opened. The service was flawless except for a dreaded vegetable incident. Both my parents love vegetables, but preferred a substitution to the vegetable listed. The server clearly understood the importance of the vegetables, so we were all very surprised when their plates arrived with about a tablespoon of diced vegetables. Very disappointed, my parents asked for more of the two vegetables they asked for. Only one of the two vegetables arrived on a side plate and we were charged an extra $16 for it! I know my parents will never be back given the extraordinarily high charge on top of an incredibly expensive meal.Special Features:
- View beats the foodcuoutDined on 9/22/2014Dined at Flagstaff House for dinner with my family. I ordered the halibut, husband the barramundi, and my daughter the chicken. They were all very good but not great. The lobster soup lacked the lobster. The tomato stack was very good. The quail appetizer was excellent. The view outside over the city of Boulder was fantastic. If you are going, go for the view. A nice touch - they gave each of the ladies a loaf of zucchini bread to take home.Special Features:
- Excellent Over all.fwlvr1VIPDined on 9/21/2014The dinning experience at the Flagstaff House was amazing.The food and service was excellent.Look forward to visiting this establishment again.The wine list was tremendous.We had the best time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in north ColoradoRothbardDined on 9/20/2014If you really want to impress your date or your business client, this is the best restaurant by far. And the service is superlative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only Second VisitAnonDined on 9/20/2014Very pricey but well worth it for a special occasion. Great view, exceptional staff, and the food is amazing.Special Features:
- Amazing views and wonderful mealJohnAVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is our second time to Flagstaff House. Our daughter attends CU, so we when we visit, we try out new restaurants in Boulder. Flagstaff House is at the top of our list. The views of Boulder are captivating and the food and impeccable service made the evening even more special.Special Features:
- swanVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is one of the most scenic and romantic restaurants in the U.S. It is located part way up the mountain and sits on the edge of a cliff. Food and service are excellent.Special Features: