Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar
315 First Street
Lake Oswego, OR 97034Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fivespicerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (503) 697-8889
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Paul Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar
Join us for lunch or dinner and enjoy our creatively prepared seafood and meat dishes, 35 wines by the glass and 200+ bottles all while taking in the breathtaking views of Lake Oswego.Continued
Join us weekdays from 3 - 6pm for $5 happy hour specials. Visit us Sundays for 50% off all wines.
Join us weekdays from 3 - 6pm for $5 happy hour specials. Visit us Sundays for 50% off all wines.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Lake Oswego ›
Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)scenic view (29)great for outdoor dining (29)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (19)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Quite possibly the best meal I've ever had. Great wine list too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just seafood...TvpawDined on 11/21/2014Although there is a lot to offer in terms of seafood, Fivespice has an excellent offering of steak, chicken, lamb, etc... I had the steak & lobster and yes the lobster was excellent but I was very impressed with the steak. The texture and flavor were on par with some of the great Portland area steakhouses. And if you can fit dessert in, the creme brule was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice appetizers and wine list.HungergamesDined on 11/16/2014Nice "tapas" and wine list. A great option for any evening, but especially Sunday's with the half off bottle of wine special. Great outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wines/seafood in Lake OswegobigwindsVIPDined on 11/5/2014Great service, great seafood, great wines. Wines collection is extensive and it is pricey but service is 5 star, great view of Lake Oswego and staff is super friendly. Great for business dinners or special occasions.Special Features:
- Good Food - Break Out the Wallettad1362Dined on 10/27/2014The atmosphere, food and service were great. I do not mind paying a high price for a great experience, but overall there was nothing that special that warranted the prices being charged. I would recommend it to friends for a special occasion, but would also let them know it is expensive for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerMQ57Dined on 10/24/2014Dinner was delicious had sturgeon, steak & lobster all prepared perfectlySpecial Features:
- Background music detractsWildBalanceDined on 10/10/2014All meals were wonderful, tasty and healthy options - perfectly cooked fish and vegetables, and the tree top/lake view is a joy but we won't go back because it was so difficult to hold a conversation inside the restaurant. We skipped the Happy Hour because the sound level in the bar was even higher.Special Features:
- Not too good this timeMrSeattle1Dined on 9/20/2014This has been one of my favorite restaurants in the neighborhood for long time. However, this time it was a put down in different aspects. Our table server and the hostess were pretty rude, kind of disrespectful when we complained about some actions that we observed from the guys cooking (our table was right in front of the kitchen/cooking area). We were never referred to the restaurant manager neither received a comment that our complain was going to be submitted to upper management. Some of the guys cooking had beard uncovered and touching it while preparing food dishes. The special of the night was not available even when the server came to offer it. It was pretty disappointing this time.Special Features:
- A Portland Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014We visit from Maui Hawaii several times a year. Five Spice Seafood is an absolute must. It is always our best dining experience in Portland area. Our server Luke was as always superb! You have to find this place, they do not advertise much or at all. Word of mouth does the trick it was packed on a Saturday night. Find it, go there and enjoy!Special Features:
- Almost GreatExtremeFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Very good food. Excellent waiter. Great wines. If only the receptionist would care a bit more. Called the day of and explained our dinner was a very special birthday (81st). Strongly requested outside table. Said they would try. Was on time for reservation, no attempt to get us outside. Not sure they cared. Very disappointed birthday mom. Great waiter helped salvage the evening. But there are plenty of other great places who understand how to treat customers if they want them to be regulars. Especially given the premium prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed Five Spice!EgrantDined on 9/4/2014We had a great experience. Food and service were good. Priced at a good value. Try "The Spicy One" cocktail if you like it spicy! We definitely will go back next time we are in the Portland area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, but it's Lake OswegoemmadilemmaDined on 8/31/2014Since it's the area, I guess the prices shouldn't be too surprising. I expected, seeing the menu online, that it would be at least a little more high end. I was disappointed that, like many restaurants that claim to be 'fine dining', they don't offer black napkins for diners wearing dark clothing. I left with white napkin bits all over my dress, which was distracting for the rest of the evening. The spring rolls had a nice flavor, but the texture was disjointed. The cheese plate was very well sized. The tuna had a wonderful flavor and texture. The sturgeon was perfectly done. The service was nice.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We had a great night at FiveSpice. Our meals were excellent, the wine list was quite nice and Sunday's they have 50% off reserve wines. Service was attentive and competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely 70th birthday dinner.SteamkittyDined on 8/21/2014We had a very nice time celebrating a friend's 70th birthday. Ambiance and food were just great. This restaurant has a huge outdoor balcony with a partial view of Lake Oswego. The gas lights were very effective when the sun went down. We'll be back.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Five Spice has a nice atmosphere and good service. The food, however, is rather fussy and overpriced.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!!!MikeSVIPDined on 8/14/2014We enjoy going to Five Spice not only for the atmosphere but for the wonderful service by Johnathan and the awesome food! Your staff is truly doing a great job. The weather was just perfect for dining on the upper patio and overlooking the lake. Love the ipad in helping us decide which wine to drink and the servers knowledge always helps pick the right one to compliment our Halibut, Steelhead or Sturgeon. Thanks for making another dining experience memorable!Special Features:
- Great Service & FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Our server was pleasant and attended to our needs and wishes. The food was fresh and cooked to perfection. Thanks for a great dinner. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- A little pricey.lifeisgoodDined on 8/3/2014Paying for atmosphere as the view was nice and outdoor seating was well done but food was nothing special for the price. Don't forget your designer clothing - definitely a high end tourist area and neighborhood concerned about how you fit in!Special Features:
- OutstandingPalsDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful dinner outside on the patio with a view of the lake. The food was outstanding and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJMCCDined on 7/31/2014Went in for our birthday dinner. All the dishes we ordered were perfect. Waiter could have been a little more attentive but did a good job. I could have done with out little ice chunks in my Martini but it didn't ruin it completely. Overall great experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gladtonothavepaidDined on 7/30/2014i made a reservation on Open Table with 2 requests or acknowledgements. though we were seated with a lake view (one request), the hostess didn't seem to reference it & was simply pleased that she had one available. the service was perfunctory. the food was quite good & pleasing to look at. the waiter didn't reference the second request, which was to address or recognize a birthday in the party. though i would recommend the restaurant for the food, it would be with the warning of the pricey menu & the lack of professionalism in the staff. if you want a relaxed atmosphere & a pleasent meal, this would be the perfect place to show you are not concerned about expenses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 396 reviews are from the Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- euangelaVIPDined on 7/18/2014Overpriced but good. Too expensive compared to the competition.Special Features:
- NICE RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2014great view. Decent food. Need to switch up their menu a bit from time to timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014Very good food, but very small portions for the high pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Our visit to your restaurant was an anniversary gift to us and we were very pleasantly surprised. The entire experience, the reservation process, choice of seating, The view, the waiter, and the Food! Oh my the Sturgeon was wonderful, the Lobster Tails succulent....It was just Awesome! We enjoyed and will be back. We are telling our friends about you. Thank youSpecial Features:
- KayceDined on 7/17/2014Attentive customer service, delicious food and a comfortable, refined atmosphere topped off with a great view overlooking Oswego Lake. The fresh oysters, Ahi poke and steak & lobster were quite tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Spice LOTPD1Dined on 7/11/2014Never let's us down. The food and selection is fantastic, service is good and location / setting is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/9/2014There were four of us and we all ordered something different and everyone loved there meals. Waiter was nice and have good recommendations. My only complaint was I had guests in from out of town and I requested to sit outside and when we got there the hostess was very rude in saying "I just sat my last four top (which only had two people at the table) and there are only two tops left...it's first come first serve..." Honestly we would have stayed and drank longer if we would have been seated outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but expensive.OCRAWDined on 7/8/2014We shared a salad that was big enough for two, but pretty simple. Our entres of filet mignon and lobster tails were excellent. Our bottle of wine (one of the least expensive) brought the total to about $125 (before tip). Our service was very good and we enjoyed the view from the deck.Special Features:
- Too costly for very average foodBuckWDined on 7/3/2014The server was very pleasant, but also not very "professional." He was forgetful and couldn't pronounce the names of some of the North American wines, one of which he brought to our table that was not the one I ordered. He essentially took our orders and opened the wine. Everything else was done by others. The food was average at best. My stuffed trout was virtually tasteless, as was the crab cakes and salad that others had. The prices were way too high, especially for the wines. I had a nice time, but that was mainly due to the people I was with. Nobody complained. We were enjoying each others' company and the food was a distant second to that. There are many really good restaurants in our area that serve great food and charge far less.Special Features:
- Excellent, but expensive!wenashDined on 6/28/2014Was looking forward to our dinner after reading reviews and checking out their menu. There were 4 of us, we brought our own wine (and they were nice enough not to charge a cork fee), and our bill was $390 before tip. We all did have apps, 3 had salad, and 4 entrees and no dessert or other added cocktails. But again, I will stress that the food was outstanding and we will go back, but only for special occasion at that price.Special Features:
- KimmieDined on 6/26/2014Best Chicken dish in town. Servers are always friendly, helpful and attentive. View is great. Always leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solid place...Jedi72Dined on 6/25/2014The menu is excellent and so is the wine list. The service is sub -par for such an excellent location, menu and wine list. Regardless, we continue to go back often.Special Features:
- Splendid view and good foodPdxdinerDined on 6/25/20145 Spice Seafood and Wine Bar has it all: outstanding architecture, superb views, great wine list and good food. The staff was attentive and didn't rush us. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great foodBdaydinerDined on 6/14/2014This is our second time to Five spice and the food was just as good as the first time. The service here could be a little better and I think part of that is the waiters make all there own drink orders. We think it would be very beneficial to hire a bar tender.Special Features:
- StellarvandyVIPDined on 6/8/2014Another incredible meal! The trout was amazing!! The wine Jennifer selected for us went well with my husband's steelhead as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for CelebrationsfromdablockDined on 6/6/2014When I booked the reservation for 12, a few people in the party questioned the choice--why not a better known Portland hot spot? By mid-evening, those doubters were remarking Fivespice as the "find" of the year. By the end of the evening, people were considering how they'd may time to come back and maybe dine on the balcony next time. We had a blast as we just ordered "every thing on the left side of the menu, sans the soup." Everything was delicious, and the wine was fantastic. Thanks for a great evening with a perfect attitude from the waiter, who was funny, easy-going, and efficient.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014The food was incredible. The Prices...so incredibly reasonable. The view...gorgeous. Really enjoyed my "date night" with my husband!Special Features:
- Great for our anniversary dinnerGaryvWDined on 5/16/2014We very much enjoyed splurging for our anniversary dinner - the friendly, helpful staff and the great food and wine made it a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch!vandyVIPDined on 5/16/2014What a marvelous way to showcase our lovely town! We hosted a group of folks here to do a parish event. They hailed from the Midwest and from the South. To a person, each and everyone raved about the incredible fish, as well as about the salads and the yummy desserts. The table, with its lazy-susan, worked perfectly for sharing wine, bread, and "tastes". Our waiter was absolutely genius! The plates were delivered in a leisurely manner. The water glasses were "magically" always filled! Cudos to one and all!! Yes, the Saturday event was also a success! Lunch Saturday---at the Blast Burger, of course!!Special Features: