Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar
315 First Street
Lake Oswego, OR 97034Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fivespicerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5036978889x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Paul Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar
Join us for lunch or dinner and enjoy our creatively prepared seafood and meat dishes, 35 wines by the glass and 200+ bottles all while taking in the breathtaking views of Lake Oswego.Continued
Join us weekdays from 3 - 6pm for $5 happy hour specials. Visit us Sundays for 50% off all wines.
Join us weekdays from 3 - 6pm for $5 happy hour specials. Visit us Sundays for 50% off all wines.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Lake Oswego ›
Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (49)scenic view (46)special occasion (42)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (30)good for groups (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Not too good this timeMrSeattle1Dined on 9/20/2014This has been one of my favorite restaurants in the neighborhood for long time. However, this time it was a put down in different aspects. Our table server and the hostess were pretty rude, kind of disrespectful when we complained about some actions that we observed from the guys cooking (our table was right in front of the kitchen/cooking area). We were never referred to the restaurant manager neither received a comment that our complain was going to be submitted to upper management. Some of the guys cooking had beard uncovered and touching it while preparing food dishes. The special of the night was not available even when the server came to offer it. It was pretty disappointing this time.Special Features:
- A Portland Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014We visit from Maui Hawaii several times a year. Five Spice Seafood is an absolute must. It is always our best dining experience in Portland area. Our server Luke was as always superb! You have to find this place, they do not advertise much or at all. Word of mouth does the trick it was packed on a Saturday night. Find it, go there and enjoy!Special Features:
- Almost GreatExtremeFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Very good food. Excellent waiter. Great wines. If only the receptionist would care a bit more. Called the day of and explained our dinner was a very special birthday (81st). Strongly requested outside table. Said they would try. Was on time for reservation, no attempt to get us outside. Not sure they cared. Very disappointed birthday mom. Great waiter helped salvage the evening. But there are plenty of other great places who understand how to treat customers if they want them to be regulars. Especially given the premium prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed Five Spice!EgrantDined on 9/4/2014We had a great experience. Food and service were good. Priced at a good value. Try "The Spicy One" cocktail if you like it spicy! We definitely will go back next time we are in the Portland area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, but it's Lake OswegoemmadilemmaDined on 8/31/2014Since it's the area, I guess the prices shouldn't be too surprising. I expected, seeing the menu online, that it would be at least a little more high end. I was disappointed that, like many restaurants that claim to be 'fine dining', they don't offer black napkins for diners wearing dark clothing. I left with white napkin bits all over my dress, which was distracting for the rest of the evening. The spring rolls had a nice flavor, but the texture was disjointed. The cheese plate was very well sized. The tuna had a wonderful flavor and texture. The sturgeon was perfectly done. The service was nice.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We had a great night at FiveSpice. Our meals were excellent, the wine list was quite nice and Sunday's they have 50% off reserve wines. Service was attentive and competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely 70th birthday dinner.SteamkittyDined on 8/21/2014We had a very nice time celebrating a friend's 70th birthday. Ambiance and food were just great. This restaurant has a huge outdoor balcony with a partial view of Lake Oswego. The gas lights were very effective when the sun went down. We'll be back.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Five Spice has a nice atmosphere and good service. The food, however, is rather fussy and overpriced.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!!!MikeSVIPDined on 8/14/2014We enjoy going to Five Spice not only for the atmosphere but for the wonderful service by Johnathan and the awesome food! Your staff is truly doing a great job. The weather was just perfect for dining on the upper patio and overlooking the lake. Love the ipad in helping us decide which wine to drink and the servers knowledge always helps pick the right one to compliment our Halibut, Steelhead or Sturgeon. Thanks for making another dining experience memorable!Special Features:
- Great Service & FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Our server was pleasant and attended to our needs and wishes. The food was fresh and cooked to perfection. Thanks for a great dinner. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- A little pricey.lifeisgoodDined on 8/3/2014Paying for atmosphere as the view was nice and outdoor seating was well done but food was nothing special for the price. Don't forget your designer clothing - definitely a high end tourist area and neighborhood concerned about how you fit in!Special Features:
- OutstandingPalsDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful dinner outside on the patio with a view of the lake. The food was outstanding and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJMCCDined on 7/31/2014Went in for our birthday dinner. All the dishes we ordered were perfect. Waiter could have been a little more attentive but did a good job. I could have done with out little ice chunks in my Martini but it didn't ruin it completely. Overall great experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gladtonothavepaidDined on 7/30/2014i made a reservation on Open Table with 2 requests or acknowledgements. though we were seated with a lake view (one request), the hostess didn't seem to reference it & was simply pleased that she had one available. the service was perfunctory. the food was quite good & pleasing to look at. the waiter didn't reference the second request, which was to address or recognize a birthday in the party. though i would recommend the restaurant for the food, it would be with the warning of the pricey menu & the lack of professionalism in the staff. if you want a relaxed atmosphere & a pleasent meal, this would be the perfect place to show you are not concerned about expenses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- euangelaVIPDined on 7/18/2014Overpriced but good. Too expensive compared to the competition.Special Features:
- NICE RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2014great view. Decent food. Need to switch up their menu a bit from time to timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014Very good food, but very small portions for the high pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Our visit to your restaurant was an anniversary gift to us and we were very pleasantly surprised. The entire experience, the reservation process, choice of seating, The view, the waiter, and the Food! Oh my the Sturgeon was wonderful, the Lobster Tails succulent....It was just Awesome! We enjoyed and will be back. We are telling our friends about you. Thank youSpecial Features:
- KayceDined on 7/17/2014Attentive customer service, delicious food and a comfortable, refined atmosphere topped off with a great view overlooking Oswego Lake. The fresh oysters, Ahi poke and steak & lobster were quite tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Spice LOTPD1Dined on 7/11/2014Never let's us down. The food and selection is fantastic, service is good and location / setting is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014There were four of us and we all ordered something different and everyone loved there meals. Waiter was nice and have good recommendations. My only complaint was I had guests in from out of town and I requested to sit outside and when we got there the hostess was very rude in saying "I just sat my last four top (which only had two people at the table) and there are only two tops left...it's first come first serve..." Honestly we would have stayed and drank longer if we would have been seated outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but expensive.OCRAWDined on 7/8/2014We shared a salad that was big enough for two, but pretty simple. Our entres of filet mignon and lobster tails were excellent. Our bottle of wine (one of the least expensive) brought the total to about $125 (before tip). Our service was very good and we enjoyed the view from the deck.Special Features:
- Too costly for very average foodBuckWDined on 7/3/2014The server was very pleasant, but also not very "professional." He was forgetful and couldn't pronounce the names of some of the North American wines, one of which he brought to our table that was not the one I ordered. He essentially took our orders and opened the wine. Everything else was done by others. The food was average at best. My stuffed trout was virtually tasteless, as was the crab cakes and salad that others had. The prices were way too high, especially for the wines. I had a nice time, but that was mainly due to the people I was with. Nobody complained. We were enjoying each others' company and the food was a distant second to that. There are many really good restaurants in our area that serve great food and charge far less.Special Features:
- Excellent, but expensive!wenashDined on 6/28/2014Was looking forward to our dinner after reading reviews and checking out their menu. There were 4 of us, we brought our own wine (and they were nice enough not to charge a cork fee), and our bill was $390 before tip. We all did have apps, 3 had salad, and 4 entrees and no dessert or other added cocktails. But again, I will stress that the food was outstanding and we will go back, but only for special occasion at that price.Special Features:
- KimmieDined on 6/26/2014Best Chicken dish in town. Servers are always friendly, helpful and attentive. View is great. Always leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solid place...Jedi72Dined on 6/25/2014The menu is excellent and so is the wine list. The service is sub -par for such an excellent location, menu and wine list. Regardless, we continue to go back often.Special Features:
- Splendid view and good foodPdxdinerDined on 6/25/20145 Spice Seafood and Wine Bar has it all: outstanding architecture, superb views, great wine list and good food. The staff was attentive and didn't rush us. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great foodBdaydinerDined on 6/14/2014This is our second time to Five spice and the food was just as good as the first time. The service here could be a little better and I think part of that is the waiters make all there own drink orders. We think it would be very beneficial to hire a bar tender.Special Features:
- StellarvandyVIPDined on 6/8/2014Another incredible meal! The trout was amazing!! The wine Jennifer selected for us went well with my husband's steelhead as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for CelebrationsfromdablockDined on 6/6/2014When I booked the reservation for 12, a few people in the party questioned the choice--why not a better known Portland hot spot? By mid-evening, those doubters were remarking Fivespice as the "find" of the year. By the end of the evening, people were considering how they'd may time to come back and maybe dine on the balcony next time. We had a blast as we just ordered "every thing on the left side of the menu, sans the soup." Everything was delicious, and the wine was fantastic. Thanks for a great evening with a perfect attitude from the waiter, who was funny, easy-going, and efficient.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014The food was incredible. The Prices...so incredibly reasonable. The view...gorgeous. Really enjoyed my "date night" with my husband!Special Features:
- The following 379 reviews are from the Fivespice Seafood & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Great for our anniversary dinnerGaryvWDined on 5/16/2014We very much enjoyed splurging for our anniversary dinner - the friendly, helpful staff and the great food and wine made it a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch!vandyVIPDined on 5/16/2014What a marvelous way to showcase our lovely town! We hosted a group of folks here to do a parish event. They hailed from the Midwest and from the South. To a person, each and everyone raved about the incredible fish, as well as about the salads and the yummy desserts. The table, with its lazy-susan, worked perfectly for sharing wine, bread, and "tastes". Our waiter was absolutely genius! The plates were delivered in a leisurely manner. The water glasses were "magically" always filled! Cudos to one and all!! Yes, the Saturday event was also a success! Lunch Saturday---at the Blast Burger, of course!!Special Features:
- Five spice11goose19VIPDined on 5/16/2014Well appointed restaurant with a view of Lakewood Bay and Millenium plaza. Service is attentive. Many sea food options with a pan Asian twist, all tastefully done. Wine list is extensive, a bit pricey though. Would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014Great wine list and good service. The crab beet salad has been better in the past!Special Features:
- Great Food and Views, NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/11/2014When restaurants put great emphasis on food and wine, why don't they attend to noise levels? Fivespices has mostly hard surfaces in an open floor plan. The only quiet tables are outside. Otherwise the food was excellent, and the views are great from some tables. The waitress tried hard to accommodate our desire to hear each other but you can't fight badly executed interior design. She and the hostess weren't allowed to seat our party of five at an outside table for four. As people age it becomes harder to hear through ambient noise and clatter. My hearing is assisted with hearing aids but my friends had similar problems. I would love to go back but would choose almost anyplace else because good conversation accompanies fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day LunchDebBDined on 5/11/2014The food was SO DELICIOUS and the ambience made us want to stay and soak up the experience. The service was amazing, Our waiter as well as the chef was so accommodating to our needs. Another waiter that walked by attended to a request with a can do smile. A lovely Mother's Day lunch. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably FantasticPickyDinerDined on 5/3/2014I have lunch and dinner here at least 4 times a year and I'm always impressed. The staff is always very knowledgable, friendly and make great recommendations for wine, cocktails and your meal. The food is great. I've nevered had a meal that didn't impress me. I recommemmend any seafood dish as they do a fantastic job of cooking with great flavor without over cooking which seems to be the problem with most seafood offerings at restaurants. And leave room for sharing their delicious and generous desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPortlanderDined on 4/30/2014Two years ago, we thought we had found the restaurant in Lake Oswego to take guests and to celebrate special occasions. Unfortunately, the quality of the food has slipped considerably and yet has become more expensive. The scallops, hich were prepared nicely, we're served on a bed of lentils with no flavor. Another guest had the Mahi Mahi which looked like another disappointment. We will not be going back.
- Good Stuff!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014Wrapped up a work project here with a couple co-workers. Great food, excellent wine list. We had the steelhead, the Mahi and the steak & lobster. All were excellent. Sashimi and shrimp cocktail apps were excellent too! Finished the evening with a nice glass of port from the extensive dessert wine list. Service was outstanding as well. Good spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.