Five Star International Buffet
2301 Kalakaua Avenue, Suite 308
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Five Star International Buffet
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fivestarwaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8083809300
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Roberto Los Banos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Five Star International Buffet
The Five Star International Buffet is a delectable tasting menu featuring gourmet cuisine from Hawaii and around the globe. House specialties, fresh seasonal dishes made with locally-raised seafood and produce, and savory desserts are carefully prepared by more than a dozen chefs in an open-dual kitchen. Our cuisine is complemented by a full bar and signature cocktails. Whether it’s for lunch, happy hour or dinner, we invite you to try a new way to buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Five Star International Buffet reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance1.7Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- BUSINESS CLOSED AS OF 5/1/2014Luv2eatVIPDined on 5/12/2014BUSINESS CLOSED. WHY DID OPEN TABLE BOOK MY RESERVATION WHEN IT CLOSED BEGINNING OF MAY?
- Five Star is Out of this world....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014The best buffet I had in years, I recommend this restaurant to all, you have to go there at least once....so you can go back many times more, the only bad part it is kind of expensive but well worth it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Complain!!!DCDCDined on 5/10/2014We had the reservation from opentable for the pre-Mother Day Dinner. When we arrived at Five Star restaurant on the day, we found out this restaurant posted sign that they are out of business from early May. Why Opentable still allowed us to make reservation. We were panic and fortunately we were able to find a table for us in nearby WolfGangs restaurant. Now we do not earn the 100 points from Five Star and we do not have 1000 points from Wolfgangs either.
- Closed shopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/201430.April.2014 Closed shop. Restaurant was not available.
- CLOSEDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We got to Five Star International Buffet only to find a sign on the door saying they had closed as of 5/1/14, so had to scramble for other dining arrangements in Waikiki. I tried to notify Open Table but was unable to get into my profile. Please remove this restaurant.
- Decent food, great dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014It was my first time here and we were celebrating my Mom's birthday. they really took care and made it special for my mom. the food was good, I expected a little bit more quality for what I paid. the dessert was great and my family agrees when i say that we should've saved a little more room for dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/17/2014most food dishes were empty most of the time. no king crab. they could not sell liquor either, they informed us. shrimp tempura had no taste. this place has gone downhill since I last visted last year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Previous dining experiencenaineaDined on 4/7/2014Previous dining experience was incredible. Food was nicely presented, buffet line used to full, and varieties was great. My most recent experience was far from that. For the dinner price we paid, we walked in with an almost empty buffet, the food was dry and not fresh, and the varieties weren't as great as it used to be. The food was dry, the lobster was dry. No alaskan king crab, replaced with snow crab. Over priced, over-rated, I would not recommend this place at all. Until they get their presentation up to par and food presented are fresh, especially the dried up sushi...stay away!
- No alcohol available due toBasalSkullDined on 3/26/2014No alcohol available due to liquor license renewal? Didn't find out until arrived at restaurant. Have been there previously and the food was better last year and the year before, still okay but not as great as previous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014For a five star restaurant it was disappointing. Person greeting us in did not have the most pleasant of personality. instead of asking if the area she sat us was okay...she walk away.. had to find her to request change Some food was sitting too long- eggs on the loco moco rubbery. The fried rice- dry.. Spagetti very dry. A slow day is not a good reason for serving this kind of food. The service was minimal. Sorry to say, but Coffee Shop waiters are way better.
- Good price, food okbubbly808Dined on 3/14/2014The only one dish that looked bad was the teriyaki chicken...it was still pink inside. Everything else was ok. I enjoyed the dessert bar.Special Features:
- Dining at Five Star was anhelohaloDined on 2/17/2014Dining at Five Star was an overall good experience. We treated ourselves to their lunch buffet after doing the marathon. The food quality was good but the selection was very limited. Do not expect to see crab legs or a carving station. The selection is justified by the reasonable price and they even give a kama'aina discount. The server was attentive without being annoying. We were pleased with our visit though the food wasn't particularly exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Went for lunch with family. Service was great and very kid friendly. My kids are ages 4 and 6, they love the restaurant and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way for romantic dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014On valentine's day, it was a really nice way to end our long day together, we didnt have to worry about how much food or if the other is still hingry. You go, eat, talk and enjoy the night amd its in waikiki so plenty to do after.Special Features:
- nice placejanieDined on 2/9/2014went there to eat and thought would be expensive and it was not. the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRY HARDOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/4/2014The restaurant tried hard to give us a good time , however they need a lot of help........ Service was good and consistant. Food was really not very good , due to lack of flavor and over cooking. The only thing on the menu that was good was the Poke. The other thing was the Liquor situation. When you walk in you see a fully stocked bar. When you go up to the check in there is a note apologizing that they have a problem with their license and they cannot serve Liquor. Needless to say, we will not return as there are much better Buffet's around
- Not badLissasembraceDined on 12/27/2013I had gone before for lunch and I had really enjoyed it. It was really great. I decided to go with my husband for dinner. He didn't enjoy the food as much and I have to admit the lunch service was better and the food was better. The servers were more attentive and friendlier at lunch than at dinner. It seemed the staff was more attentive to japanese customers during the dinner service. So as a local - I was a bit disappointed for taking my husband there. Had I realized that - I would have made a better choice dinner time.Special Features:
- Poor quality.pio007VIPDined on 12/9/2013It is not what they have advertised on their website. For the price I paid , could have went elsewhere.
- Came here for my mom's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013Came here for my mom's birthday and she really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star ReviewdenkigishiDined on 9/7/2013This was the first time we went to five star. Negative is BYOB no alcohol served Negative ambience is average Negative service Chicken Katsu was very well done and dark in color Positive Plenty of food, good choices, Lobster tail and claws and snow crab legs, several fish choices but a bit overcookedSpecial Features:
- Excellent service and good foodRosieDined on 9/1/2013Sunday brunch is good. Assume a lot more. Had gone to other brunch I guest I expected a lot more. The food is good, customer service is excellent. the ambience is relaxing, and would return for the lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great buffetHonolulugirlDined on 7/25/2013Food was great, except for the short ribs, meat was tough. I would have given food 5 stars if meat was tender. Presentation was beautiful for a buffet! I especially enjoyed shrimp tempura seafood pasta tofu and desserts. We went for lunch, I would recommend this to all, great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKamaluDined on 6/29/2013Everything was great, especially the seafood was delicious and service was very good. I would recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY disappointing!pckoshiDined on 6/14/2013We felt there wasn't an "international" fare regarding the food choices. From the time we checked in at the hostess stand till the moment we left, it was not an enjoyable experience for any of the diners within our group. We didn't expect the restaurant to be kid friendly, but we did expect better accomendations since we did before hand let them know what we needed regarding seating. Can't speak for everyone in Hawaii, but when most of us living in Hawaii choose an establishment like Five Star it's usually for an ocassion (in this case early Father's Day dinner) and to spend $55 per person and location we would expect the food/service to be at a higher quality then it was.
- Dish-appointingluvbuffetsDined on 6/3/2013The website and pictures looked terrific. But it was disappointing. We had 8:00 reservations for a Monday nite. I thought the buffet line would be more extensive. It was cramped with people going in both directions (some randomly) and many of the items were empty (Sushi). We had to wait and go back hoping it was filled. The lobster was rubbery and the rest of the selections was not the quality I was expecting for the price of $48. The sushi selection was so minimal. Less choices than Times Supermarket. What I thought was Thai curry turned out to be BEEF STEW. What's up with that! Service was so-so. I would not go back nor recommend. On a positive note...the crab cakes & prime rib were the only two things on the menu I enjoyed.
- Not up to par todayMarthaMelonsVIPDined on 6/3/2013A few months ago, we had the most fabulous birthday party for my dad. The food was amazing and the service top notch. Today was a completely different Five Star. The food was terrible and we were scrounging for something to eat. Mac and cheese, pizza, pasta, dried out other dishes that looked blah...... No sushi, hardly any fruits or desserts. We actually left hungry! Last time we came, there were crab legs, carved beef, scallops! Delicious sushi! What happened???Special Features:
- Great quality food!luvWaikikiDined on 5/31/2013An interesting, but good variety of food. Was a little surprised by the number of pasta dishes, but they were very good. The Japanese food selection was excellient and the quality very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2013At $19 it's definitely worth it to eat here for lunch than pay $49 for dinner. The selections were many and they all tasted good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed this place for thembv6cpeDined on 5/26/2013I enjoyed this place for the first time and would come back to try out dinner buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety n food presentationYukiDined on 5/24/2013The selections must change up daily, bcuz according to the menu in the website the choices we had was not all inclusive, but for foodies, it was pretty good. The crab is hard to get too, even with the crab utensil. I had brought my friend for her bday last year and the food variety seemed better. The crab cakes were hard, n so was the chicken katsu. The scallops were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So LunchHNLDINERDined on 5/23/2013Was not impressed. Service was mediocre. Staff came by once to remove used plates. Buffet itself is poorly designed. The buffet is in a small, narrow room with diners entering both ways making it congested. The food is laid out in a random manner. Serving plates were empty or nearly empty and the staff couldn't keep up with the amount of people in the buffet. Was not impressed. What I did try wasn't bad, but it was frustrating to see some many empty serving plates.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/22/2013The quality is amazing and the service was awesome. Terrible location though, hidden behind wolf gang steak houseSpecial Features:
- SatisfiedFunluverDined on 5/18/2013We were a bit skeptical about going to the Five Star International Buffet after reading some of the customers' reviews. However, my friend and I found it to be quite satisfactory. The food was tasty, and the staff was friendly. Only drawback was that the portions on the buffet are small, so sometimes dishes ran out. In that case, we had to wait for the dishes to be replenished. For the price, you can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with only one complaintvirtDined on 5/17/2013The food was excellent and our server was great. They only complaint is there was a creepy cook staring at the females as we would get our food. I felt very uncomfortable with him watching me as he grinned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCainjoieDined on 5/16/2013The place was amazing. The food was beautiful and deliscous. I wood recommended and come back. Lobster and crab was GREAT! A little Pricey but for the seafood Ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseChingitoDined on 5/16/2013We were pleasantly surprise by the large variety of items on the buffet menu. The two fish dishes were excellent and so were the desserts. A nice mix of international dishes and local foods. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selectionsTrymeDined on 5/15/2013Need to come hungry and have a big appetite. Hard to eat $50 worth maybe $35-$40 would be ok. For $50 I'd rather spend it for a nice dinner, but was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- During a 4 weeks stay in Waikiki,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/12/2013During a 4 weeks stay in Waikiki, we dined here 4-5 times. Great food, hope they do not change a thing, we will be back next year !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experience was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Overall experience was great. Enjoyed the setting and food was also cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- most food not hot or evenOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/28/2013most food not hot or even warm, lobster like rubber, king crabs were very good, drink not included in buffet, they charge $4Special Features: