Five Roses Pub
5509 Park Place
Rosemont, IL 60019Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Five Roses Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fiverosespub.com/
- Phone: 8472330077
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Five Roses Pub
For centuries a major part of Irish culture and community has been the Publik House. Every town in Ireland has their own pub, a meeting place in which members of the community can gather and relax, celebrate, and bond over a pint or a song. The atmosphere within the walls of Irelands pubs is what makes them so famous around the globe. It is our pleasure to bring to you the combination of centuries...of Irish culture and heritage with a little Gaelic flair. A place where the community can come together to celebrate and relax. Enjoy amazing traditional Irish fare, a pint of cold beer, and the type of atmosphere that will keep you coming back for years to come. We bring to you, The Five Roses Pub.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Five Roses Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not too badHonkyCatDined on 11/30/2013We ended up eating here as we were going to a show at the Allstate. We had originally wanted to go to another restaurant in the park, however they had a 2+ hour wait. Opentable scored us a table at Five Rose within about 20 minutes. Overall, I enjoyed the food. I had the chicken pot pie and it was delicious and I would get it again if I were in the area. My wife had prime rib that was on special that night, and it was about as average as prime rib gets, though prime rib is generally very similar whenever it's sold in that price range. For a pub of it's size, I did think the beer selection was below par. If you like pale American lagers, Harp, Guiness, or the mass market beers from Goose Island, you'll do just fine.
- Pub and Bar SceneBethDined on 11/8/2013We decided to check out the Rosemont entertainment District as it was half-way between us and where our friends live and just picked the Five Roses Irish Pub for its prices. The menu was limited but what I had - the macaroni and cheers - was good and one of my dinner companions said the scallops were very good. But his is mostly a bar scene and the restaurant was too noisy. We probably wont be back.Special Features:
- Where are the Beer prices ?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2013Beers were served in undersized glasses, and were over-priced--which really inflated our bill which included a little above average bar food. Interestingly, I downloaded the menu to check out the prices and the only pricing missing was for the beer--which I estimated to be about $8 per. Not impressed--better places nearby. Cool overall venue though.
- Overpriced for the food weAnnaVIPDined on 10/27/2013Overpriced for the food we were served. Ex: $16 for a moderate sized salad with 4 shrimp. No bread...too much pre fab food.
- Terrible ExperienceNotgoingbackVIPDined on 10/26/2013My bigest complaint about this place is that the music was so ridiculously loud!! We were a party of 6 and after awhile we all just stopped talking because we couldn't hear each other. The service was less than adequete as was the food.
- Had to ask the manager twicepattyDined on 10/25/2013Had to ask the manager twice to lower the volume on the music. It was ridiculously loud for a restaurant. The food was OK.
- Great pre-show stop.IneptuneDined on 10/20/2013We found it well worth enjoying a pre-concert dinner before heading over to the Rosemont. The pulled pork sandwich was quite flavorful and the lamb burger was properly prepared and did not fall into the trap of being dried out. Even with a smaller dinner crowd (on a Sunday) it was still loud with the in-house music turned up a half notch too high for the amount of people dining. With free parking on a validated ticket, it was a short walk to the theatre. We would go back, againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I say I like loudTommyTDined on 10/19/2013What can I say I like loud music and rock but at an Irish pub I'm thinking it could have been taken down a notch and maybe some Irish music would make sense. Corned Beef and Cabbage rolls had a hunk of fat in one,
- Pleasant surprise. Made lastmugwaDined on 10/19/2013Pleasant surprise. Made last minute dinner reservations before a concert at Allstate Arena. Great atmosphere. Friendly attentive staff. The Mac & cheese is heaven! Music selection was energetic but not too loud. This may become our go to place prior to events at Allstate ArenaSpecial Features:
- The experience at Five RosesBallwhackerDined on 10/19/2013The experience at Five Roses Pub was great overall, the only complaint is the crab cakes were very small for the price. I think they can be a little bit bigger and they canstill make money.Special Features:
- Food was great, group of 8briteeyesDined on 10/19/2013Food was great, group of 8 and not one complaint! Was a little noisey but packed house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we checked in at theMjs1Dined on 10/12/2013When we checked in at the dest, the gentleman couldn't find our reservation. Good thing I had the confirmation on my phone. Our reservations were for 7 we were seated at 7:30. We did have fast service after that, but the waiter forgot to place the order for an item for the table to share, then remembered just before we were leaving.we told him to just forget about it, but he gave it to us to go?!??Special Features:
- It was fine but service wasbobjDined on 10/9/2013It was fine but service was spotty. They would get distracted. A bit too loud at lunch. Mostly business clientele trying to talk at lunch. Pay attention to your customers and don't be so dedicated to your theme.
- Work in progressBuccaneer400Dined on 9/28/2013The dost don't connect at Five Roses Pub. Is it a restaurant with an Irish theme? Maybe a sports bar? The latter would make more sense if the extremely loud '80s music is any indication. Food was ok, but presented plainly, and we had to ask for horseradish cream to go with the Saturday night special of prime rib. At least the pour of wine was healthy.
- All RosesBrunchedVIPDined on 9/21/2013Beautiful bar in that Rosemont Court yard. The drinks and food were very good and the service was great. Looking forward to going back there to try the Brunch. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereMichaelDined on 9/14/2013Great food and atmosphere but a little pricey $6.50 a beer is a little highSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood pubsallyDined on 8/30/2013This definitely had a pub feel. lots of big noisy groups. good energy.Special Features:
- Beer Good, Food Not-soOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2013Great beer selection, nice restaurant. Looks more Goth than Irish. All the food selections for my group were served warm to luke-warm, nothing was hot. Maybe worth one more try in the future to see if things shape up. Or just go there for beer and appetizers.Special Features:
- Rough timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2013Although our server was nice, it was impossible to find him when we needed anything. We sat with empty drinks, forgotten dessert order and couldn't even change our minds to get the check and leaver because we could not find him. I will not be back. Food was okay, but certainly not worth that.Special Features:
- We had the Prime Rib SaturdayhappygrandmaDined on 8/3/2013We had the Prime Rib Saturday special which was good, but our waitress was slow, forgetful and missing for long periods when the restaurant was not busy
- Commercial and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013WAY overpriced for typical food and bar selection from a corporate establishment.Special Features:
- Good, not greatTJSChicagoDined on 8/1/2013I had been there once before and the food was great and service was on point. This time, the food was still good (I'm sure if I had ordered the same thing as I had the first time it would have been perfect again) but the service was just ok. The place was pretty empty, and it's a big place. There wer only probably 6 other people in the place. And the hostess sat us at the farthest two top highboy table possible, in the back corner right next to the dj booth. That seemed weird since it was so dead, but whatever. The server didn't go through any of the drink specials the way the waitress did the first time I was there, so that kind of stunk a little. He was pleasant enough, making chit chat about the new mall opening up so it was fine.Special Features:
- Date nightLoveThisPlaceDined on 7/27/2013Date night with the hubby...we made reservations for this past saturday. Came five mins late (people do NOT know how to park in a parking lot!), seated right away weirdly at a table/booth where you are elbow to elbow with the people at the table right next to you (pet peeve)...our server was slow and when she asked if we needed anything else, she was already walking away assuming we would say no (another pet peeve). We got the crab cakes (yum!) hunny got the prime rib he was satisfied with and I got the arugula salad with scallops (yum!) two rounds of beer. $89! Pricey place for lack luster serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will be backfoodanddrinksDined on 7/24/2013Five Roses Pub is excellent! The service was great, and the food was prepared well and flavorful. Also, the atmosphere was inviting and somewhat eclectic with music that anyone would know the words to. And, last but not least, the fish and chips were executed well, giving credence to the "pub" label.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly empty on a WednesdaythatguyyouknowVIPDined on 7/17/2013Fairly empty on a Wednesday for lunch, and the music was blaring. I know its a bar, but hard to have a business lunch with the echoing music. Had to ask several times to have it turned down
- FunBeckyMVIPDined on 7/3/2013Went on the 3rd of July and were able to watch the Rosemont Fireworks too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Rosesbirthday24VIPDined on 6/26/2013I am a regular at this place and the food is really good. I've been there for dinner and late night at the bar. I always have a good time and the atmosphere is always inviting. I highly recommend Five Roses. It's in an entertainment area that includes the Stephen's Convention Center, a Blue Line "L" stop, several other good restaurants, the River's Casino, the Chicago Bandit's softball field, a Muvico Theater, Zanies Comedy Club, Kings Bowling, and not for from O'Hare. In the summer there are free outdoor concerts and in the winter an ice skating rink. It's a fun area. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2013Drove an hour to get there and was not disappointed. What a lovely place. The staff was great and the food, well the dishes we had were excellent. While I unfortunately had to send back my steak(just a little undercooked) our sever was very good about it. The manager Mark even came over to apologize and gave us a drink on him. Was not expecting that. The steak came back just right. It was delicious. Check out this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for no specialFoodjunkieDined on 6/1/2013Went there for no special occasion. Found it interesting that the time we wish to be seated was not available, so we choose a time 15 minutes later. Upon our arrival the original time we wish to dine and there was plenty of tables available. There is two areas to sit and luckily we asked to be away from the music that was extremely loud for the space. The food was lukewarm, but tasty. It was nothing special about the food and typical Irish menu. Service was excellent! Would not make it our routine place, but would return.
- We came to hear the live musicJanelleDined on 5/25/2013We came to hear the live music but instead spent our romantic dinner shouting at each other due to the blackhawks game being blasted. Shouldn't say you have a live band at 7 if you are going to play a sports game.Special Features:
- Service with a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013Service was outstanding. Food was ok. A few things were really good. The sliders were delish, as were the chips w/ warm blue cheese dip. Two of our party got the mac & cheese and raved about it. The mussels and the Shepherds pie were so-so.The potatoes seemed to be instant, not what you'd expect from an "Irish" restaurant. The broccoli was too salty, & there seemed to be a lot of garlic sprinkled liberally on many of the menu items. Everything else was fine, but nothing to write home about. The final bill was also less than I expected. I would try this place again based on the ambiance & service. I would, however, try some other entrees, & would request seats that were not on tall chairs, which were a little uncomfortable after awhile.Special Features:
- saturday at 5 rosespeter56Dined on 5/11/2013good experience, food was good, a bit loud. Waiter, Max was very good, but his recommendation for fried Mars bar was off course. We shall be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for Movie theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013I felt this place was overpriced for the food you got. A turkey sandwich with cheese, cranberry mayo, and spinach leaves and a side of chips was $11. Service was good at beginning of meal, not so much at the end. My water never got refilled. Also there was a live duet, but the music was cranked way too loud for easy conversation.
- Fantastic place....had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Fantastic place....had a great time! Food was FANTASTIC too!!Special Features:
- Nice new pub in the area.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2013Nice new pub in the area. We went for dinner with a group for work and the music bordered on being too loud to have a conversation at the table. They could have had the music a tad lower and then turn it up more for the evening / bar scene crowd. The live music was refreshing as well.Special Features:
- The food here was good, notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013The food here was good, not great. I had the chicken pot pie and didn't like it. Too much like frozen dinner. There was only 3 of us and the bill was $50.Special Features:
- St Pattys day celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013St Pattys day celebration had Irish Dancers & Bag Pipes made for a very festive atmosphere. Food was good not great but services and ambience was worth the trip. Rosemont Enrertainment area gives you many options!Special Features:
- Met a couple of friends hereAwesomeVIPDined on 3/16/2013Met a couple of friends here for dinner. There was really nothing special or amazing about the restaurant. Food was fine. We ordered burgers, sandwiches and a couple of appetizers. In comparison to other restaurants of this nature- 5 Roses could do something more with the menu- just my opinion.Special Features:
- Had a reservation at 4:30OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Had a reservation at 4:30 and was told our table was ready but had to wait an additional 50 minutes until we were actually seated. It's understandable since it was St. Patrick's day but what is the point of making reservations if we had to wait almost an hour to be seated.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our meal very muchCWalkDined on 3/10/2013We enjoyed our meal very much and the service was terrificSpecial Features: