1110 E. Champlain Ave, Suite 101
Fresno, CA 93720Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fiverestaurantfresno.com/
- Phone: 559-434-5553
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from Five Restaurant
Five is an exquisite blend of contemporary italian and californian cuisine. Join us for a romantic dinner or a night out drinking wine with your friends. Come and experience the engaging atmosphere and energetic ambiance of five.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Five Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fresno ›
Five Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (13)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (10)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great night out2onHoneymoonDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I had a great dinner and great service at Five. A little loud on a Friday night with the bar noise carrying through the restaurant, but will not stop us from dining at Five again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantpristinezDined on 8/24/2014I absolutely love this restaurant. The atmosphere is so lovely. It's a beautiful place, the prices are affordable and the food is just perfect. Great taste to every last bite. The service is a delight. And i love how creative they are with the birthday dessert :) I definitely make sure i always recommend this restaurant to my family and friends. Thank you so much FIVE !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. EXCELLENT!DinerDined on 8/15/2014It was super noisy Friday night. The place to be. The food was excellent and the staff and service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for what you getIcancookDined on 7/29/2014The waiter was nice but the hostess had attitude. For the price I would rather go to Flemings or Campagnes. I could have BBQ a better steak and my wife said I could cook the Chilean Seabass better.Special Features:
- Do Over NightDisappointedDined on 7/12/2014We went to Five this past Saturday on a long overdue date night. It had been almost a year since my husband and I had gone out without our children. I was hoping for a romantic evening. Instead, we walked into a very loud bar scene. When seated, we were seated very close to other couples whose conversations were so audible as we were desperately trying to hear each other's words. The service was great and the food was okay. However, I would not choose this restaurant again for a date. Sadly, a chain restaurant could have done better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2014Tried "Five" again for dinner. Banquette seating for two. Very close. Too close. Noise from the bar was overwhelming. Service was efficient. Lobster ravioli was bland. Anniversary night was disappointing. Wouldn't go there for dinner again. 3 strikes you're out!Special Features:
- Never disappointed!dontmakemecookDined on 7/8/2014We went to Five for a Girls Night Birthday dinner. Service was awesome, and the food was amazing! Everything from appetizers to dessert, and of course the wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a repeat visitFreudianslipDined on 6/18/20145 is a great Italian restaurant that could have easily been in San Francisco along with the best. Service was good. Waiters were attentive without being nosy. Food presentation was superb, and pairing was well-thought-out. Nice wine. Good coffee. Great desserts. We will be back. Saw a little micro-managing, which should not be noticeable, but it did not take away from our enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service, too loudBeanoCanEatDined on 6/17/2014The food was above average, but not great. The portions were very generous. I had the coconut shrimp appetizer which was excellent. My entree was veal scallopini, and it was just okay. The sauce was a bit watery and bland. The veal itself was tender. My wife had the Farfalle Monte Rosa and enjoyed it. Huge portion with enough left over to take home for a second meal. Bread was served beforehand with an olive tampenade. They also had a very good wine list, and 7 or 8 beers on tap. Service was outstanding; very polite and attentive. My only complaint was one bus staff member who reached right across my wife's face (as she was talking to me) to take away her bread plate, without so much as an 'excuse me'. It was very LOUD as well. Overall, a 7Special Features:
- Very ConsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Always great food and good experience at 5. Tuscan Nachos perfect. Ceaser Salad is 2nd to none. Filet and chicken always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerNickDined on 6/7/2014Try the Tuscan nachos to start off with, they were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eatHoffieeDined on 5/30/2014This restaurant is a real gem in the north Fresno area. The service is friendly and quick. They care about the patrons and make sure your visit is enjoyable. A great place to eat and meet friends for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I alway enjoy my time at 5fiveDined on 5/29/2014When ever I want to treat some one for a special occasion I always know 5 is the place and every one enjoys and say they would come back . Most have never been there beforeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good italian foodapopnjVIPDined on 5/22/2014i travel to fresno form NJ and often visit Five. Well, Italian food is a staple in the east coast but i visit Five due to one of the few Italina cuisines in Fresno. It doe snot disappoint. I usually get the lobster ravioli and it is one of the best lobster ravioli dishes i have tasted. The atmosphere is good with a good wine selection.Special Features:
- Cant Eat there Enough!MitchDined on 5/7/2014The food is so great, i could eat there everyday and never get enough, if your in town visiting or live near Fresno, you have to try it!Special Features:
- The following 203 reviews are from the Five Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We, a family of five, reserved a table at 7 pm through Open Table. We came to the restaurant at 6.50 pm, and we were seated at the worst table in the restaurant, a table that is not even there on a daily basis. We asked for another table, because it was so loud in there, and everybody had to pass our table to get in and out of the different rooms. We were told, it would take about 10 minutes to seat us somewhere else, and we waited more than an hour.
- Love FIVEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/21/2014FIVE is a solid restaurant. I've always had a great meal and excellent service. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family StyleFourVIPDined on 4/13/2014Sunday was family style. Perfect for our group of 7. Great way to end the weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal2onHoneymoonDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I both had great meals. Was quite loud due to a large crowd in the bar, so would not recommend if you're wanting a quiet, romantic dinner. The Tuscan nachos are great!
- Great place. We eat here aRickRVIPDined on 4/11/2014Great place. We eat here a lot and have never been disappointed . The specials are always a treat!Special Features:
- Dinner out for two. Wait StaffMaktiniDined on 3/29/2014Dinner out for two. Wait Staff was welcoming and helpful with the menu. Food was wonderful as always. Will return soon. The Owner always makes time to say hello and thanks. Nice touch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudMickeyDined on 3/7/2014The restaurant is very loud and has prevented us from going back there in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, okay service...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014The food was fabulous as always. Our service was just okay. We had a wait for a steak knife for along time. We had to ask for water. We will return because the food is amazing all the time.
- Food & Service were good tolebpaulVIPDined on 2/28/2014Food & Service were good to very good. It however was extremely loud in the restaurant making it hard to enjoy the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barb/KenBarbKenDined on 2/15/2014As always the food was great, the service excellent, the only complaint we had was we were seated at a two top and could barely hear each other with the loud voices from the two top next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Five!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014This place was awesome!!! Fantastic food, service & atmosphere!!! We are definitely coming back for more than Valentines Day!!!Special Features:
- Valentines DinnerBosox09Dined on 2/14/2014Had Valentines dinner with my wife and had a mixed experience. The staff was excellent but the restaurant was set up where you were way to close to the other customers. They tried to cram as many people as possible for dinner. You could hear everything your neighbors were saying and there was zero privacy. The menu was limited but had many options which were very good. The food was very good and service was excellent. Maybe next time try not to cram so many people into the restaurant at one time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine n DineDinNBizDined on 1/13/2014Many visits to FIVE. Never been dissatisfied. Always great food and service. I look forward to more visits. Great place for business meetings. Private rooms have always made a great turnout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pick Anything on the Menu!MitchDined on 12/29/2013My wife and i often frequent Five, and everything on the Menu is absolutely amazing. We especially enjoy the Filet, we never expected the best Filet in town to come from and Italian restaurant, mix that with amazing Italian food and Five is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five for a good night outlike2dineDined on 12/26/2013Food met or exceeded expectations (pasta/clams, bass/scallops, salmon/halibut, lamb chops). Some entrees could use more vegetables. Salads right-sized, nicely dressed. Wine list lacks rose choice. Menu covers a broad range of choices. Literally something for every diner, carnivore or not. It's noisy, with some places so spread out or exposed as to foil intimate conversation. All that said, this is an excellent restaurant that coped with an unexpectedly large post-Christmas crowd with aplomb. Staff friendly/efficient. Restaurant is beautifully appointed. Great part of Fresno dining-out scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer fantasticPapaYogiVIPDined on 12/13/2013The Tuscan nachos are 5+ stars. It is a dish unlike anything I have found in other restaurants. Also, the Eggplant Parmesan entree is superb!Special Features:
- 5 starLLewisDined on 12/7/2013We always celebrate our anniversary here. This place has a great staff and excellent food! Love the ambience too! This restaurant does everything right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale dining, casual atmosphere.RickVIPDined on 12/7/2013Upscale dining, casual atmosphere. Nice menu, a little for everyones taste. Food well prepared, tasty, nice portion sizes. Nice wine list to complement menu. Service was very good, server knew menu well, answered our questions about some menu items and helped us decide on our order. Restaurant was quite busy and full, noise level such that it was difficult to talk across the table and be heard, and we were a table of two. Would try this restaurant again next time through Fresno, did enjoy the food. Would hope for a smaller, quieter crowd next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointedaml27Dined on 12/2/2013We reserved our table several days in advance, to celebrate our anniversary. Had heard many positive things about the restaurant over the years and were expecting a very nice evening to enjoy our anniversary. The restaurant is very noisy, we were seated near the kitchen and at a table not a booth, and no one, not even the hostess mentioned our anniversary. To top it off, our expensive celebration evening dinner was completed in less than one hour! I guess that is a tribute to good service, but not worth the price of the food--which was very good, but not anything more than I would expect for that price point/style of restaurant. Should have gone to Ruth Chris or Flemings (again) to celebrate anniversary.Special Features:
- Had a great anniversary dinner.cornell76aDined on 11/30/2013Great food, great service; the best high-end Italian place in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five is a great time!NickDined on 11/29/2013Never a bad experience, business, personal, a drink or two! good times!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2013Five delivered good food and descent service. The hostess was nonexistent and we had to beg for a booth even though the place was half empty. Eventually the server allowed us to be seated in a booth. The food was good. I will return but only because Fresno has few options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itKalenDined on 11/18/2013This place is so beautiful and their food is amazing. If you have never been here you are missing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five is always excellent.Md001Dined on 11/9/2013This family owned and operated high-end restaurant is always excellent. The Farfalle Monterossa is a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time to this neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2013Second time to this neighborhood gem. My first trip the food was outstanding and service was attentive. The Lamb Chops were unbelievibly prepared. Apps were spot on and came in the appropiate time. This second trip the service was outstranding, but the kitchen was backed up and the courses came slowly and poorly timed. The food suffered as a result. Uneven dishes and less then steller flavors. I would not hesitate to return for dinner again, but at these prices I would expect better from the kitchen.Special Features: