31 Great Jones
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fivepointsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122535700
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday - 10:30am-3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday - 12:00pm-5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday - 5:00pm-11:00pm, Saturday- 5:30pm to 11:00pm Sunday - 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Marc Meyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Five Points
NOHO's Mediterranean-American where a "stream runs through the middle". It's "feng shui all the way" at this "sexy" "serene" find. Sumptuous fare is served with class. "It goes the extra mile to accommodate you."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Five Points reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (57)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (27)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (13)special occasion (12)romantic (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Deservingly differentJohnZVIPDined on 8/3/2014Not your average brunch choices. Everything was superb. One of the most unusual and tasty twists I have ever seen. I will go back and recommend every chance I get.Special Features:
- Uevos RancherosRaffyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Need I say more, soooo good. I was back in town from CA and had to get my fix. The bacon is also the crunchiest and yummiest I've ever had. A must for brunch. The only thing I'd change are the acoustics... For some reason it's always really loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before a Show at the Public TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014This place was perfect for a bit before a show downtown. Reasonably quiet, very good food, and just a couple of blocks away from The Public Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Spot!Caro215VIPDined on 7/20/2014If you're looking for a twist on your typical brunch options, this is the place. Great food and service. Perfect place to catch up with an old friend or a date. I'm sure dinner is just as exceptional! Looking forward to giving dinner a try.Special Features:
- not amazingLalabeansVIPDined on 7/20/2014i have been hearing great things about five points so was excited to try it for brunch... i have to say it was insanely loud in there and our food took a long time to come... the food was good not amazing.. although the mac and cheese stood out as the best dish.... not sure if i would go back because my friend and i couldn't hear each other and we were sitting right next to each other!
- Can't stop eating herefoodiemomDined on 7/20/2014Every time we are in NYC, we end our trip on Sunday with a fabulous brunch at Five Points. We will never stop the tradition!Special Features:
- Neighborhood RestaurantvleeckerDined on 7/20/2014Five Points has a wonderful kitchen, but the din can be almost painful at times. I will recommend, because it's close-by, with decent food, but I will always warn folks about the racket. Fortunately, you can hear shrieking toddlers above the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loyal patronEd4233VIPDined on 7/12/2014I'm a five points bruncher through and through. The menu is broad enough that all who go will be happy and all I it is absolutely delicious. The eggs rancheros are what's kept me going back for 5 years! The staff is very friendly, but they can get very busy..don't worry though, the cocktails are delightful! Try any one of their number of bloody marys or a play on a traditional mimosa called "the Mexican mimosa."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/1/2014Five Points is our go-to restaurant in the NoHo neighborhood. Delicious food, friendly service, not too loud, and they always go out of their way to accommodate us -- even when we were a group of 12 celebrating my mother-in-law's birthday.Special Features:
- Great LunchBigRose128Dined on 6/27/2014We came here for lunch because I find Five Points to have three things important in a lunch spot, varied menu, timely service and excellent value for the price. Everyone found multiple items to order, the service was spot on without hovering and the value was terrific. This is a go-to spot in this hood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/23/2014I've eaten here a few times and have always been impressed with the food and service. This place is great.Special Features:
- Lunch is goodBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 6/19/2014Fresh fish tacos. Lots of flavor and plenty to eat. A very light verdicchio went very well with the taco. Good hummus appetizer with tasty bread. All in all, nice lunch.Special Features:
- What an oasis!crippynycVIPDined on 6/17/2014We went to Five Points prior to seeing a show at the Public Theater up the street. Every aspect of our visit was exceptional: the pleasant and efficient hostess; the charming and helpful waiter; the delicious food; the attention to our time constraints without being obtrusive -- all perfectly handled. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for summer brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2014Brunch during the summer months is a must here. Even sitting inside you feel like your outside. The egg options are amazing and even though I didn't have the churros and hot chocolate they looked like a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Very good, but a bit pricey for brunch. Definitely a once in awhile place.Special Features:
- consistent gemclassictravelDined on 6/14/2014This is one of my go-to restaurants in NY for consistently good food, good ambiance and caring service. I love the place and it's one that's great to bring out of towners to. They're always impressed. The prices are also most reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find on great jonesserenaDined on 6/14/2014Very noisy, don't bring grandpa. Fantastic service and very good food. Wld recommend and wld visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where was the waitress?EmmaVIPDined on 6/5/2014The food was good but during dinner our waitress went MIA. Drinks were slow to come, were nearly finished with our dinner by the time the bottle of wine came. Not rushing to go back.
- Great room, great food and servicejasonVIPDined on 6/5/2014Totally enjoyed lunch at 5 Points. My favorite in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PetraLovegoodfoodDined on 6/3/2014It was really good and great staff! Would recommened the Bread with truffel and the burgerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch favembg22Dined on 5/31/2014Have been here several times for brunch. It's always very good. Love their eggs benedict, but this time the spinach was very spicy so I couldn't eat it. Everything else was top drawer and service and ambiance is always pleasant. Would recommend highly for Saturday/Sunday brunch. We must have hit a good weekend because at 11:00 the Saturday we were there it was practically deserted. A highly unlikely occurrence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Points for Five PointsBellarminoDined on 5/19/2014Arrived early, party of three guys, decided to wait at the bar and sample the Happy Hour specials @ $5. apiece. I had a lavendar gimlet, new and different, and delicious. Everything was roses from that point on. We had a great time and the service was easy-going and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Service was bad!! We wait about 25min for a waiter to come to us. Dishes were wrongly placed; check came Before we asked for it and desert was brought while some people were still finishing their main courses.Special Features:
- Fine Food, Relaxed VibeLifeIsGoodDined on 5/13/2014We arrived at 1:30 on a Tuesday for a leisurely birthday lunch. It was not a busy time so we had our choice of tables, inside or out on the sidewalk. The staff was relaxed and friendly. Our server really knew her stuff and made great recommendations. We each had the three-course, prix-fix lunch. The food was fresh and delicious, and our server put a birthday candle in my friend's dessert. We lingered as long as we wanted and never once were made to feel as though we had overstayed our welcome. It's fine food in a casual atmosphere -- I absolutely will be back!Special Features:
- Never Disappointsgrampark22VIPDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed a great Mother's Day dinner here this past weekend. Food and service were excellent, as always.Special Features:
- Great for dinner after the Publickwolf212VIPDined on 5/10/2014We had a 9 pm Sat. reservation after something at the Public. Restaurant was still full, but we were immediately seated and got our food/drinks in a timely way. Not typical bistro menu (they had rabbit which one of our party enjoyed)Special Features:
- cool americanfernshawDined on 5/9/2014had some very unusual and tasty dishes. jalepenos baked into chips and fish and burgers that were among the best i've had in the city. well worth the visit.Special Features:
- EggverythingLeahVIPDined on 5/4/2014Awesome smoked salmon eggs Benedict.. Best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You should never skip breakfastginneymcDined on 5/4/2014WOW. Breakfast at it's very best. Huevos Rancheros was unique, and delicious. My dining partners had the sausage eggs bendict- and frankly , they could not have been more pleased. The latte was more than one of the best I have ever had...and do save room for the Churros and chocolate. The bloody mary has set an all new bar forever for all at the table!Special Features:
- Wonderful Brunch!tresleches71Dined on 5/3/2014We met out-of-towners in NYC for a conference at Five Points on Saturday. We had a really wonderful experience and would recommend highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFleacynoVIPDined on 5/2/2014Five points never disappoints. The often changed menu keeps it interesting as does the focus on seasonal. Although the menu changed the best items are always there like the sticky toffee pudding cake! It's a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1449 reviews are from the Five Points reviews archive.
- Wonderful Place to Dine!AmazingDined on 5/1/2014I went to Five Points with 3 friends as a Farewell get-together for one of us. To begin with, their food was all wonderful. Nicely presented, fair amount, and very tasty! What we also loved about this place was that no one rushed us but were really accommodating. It could be because it was Wednesday night, but no feeling of rushed nor hustled - just truly relaxing dining experience it was. I would highly recommend this place for a lovely get together with friends especially during the weekdays. Lovely decors and lighting, not too noisy but very calming place to have great meal and time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014My husband and I are not the usual foodies, but we enjoy good food! The first time we ate here was because his kids wanted to give us a dinner there as our 1st anniversary gift. We have repeated that every year since, and when we told the staff it was our annual anniversary gift, they were specially attentive and gracious. Thank you!Special Features:
- High FiveGolem212VIPDined on 4/26/2014A return to Five Points for four midtown residents made for a pleasant Saturday night get together. As always, the American-themed menu gave us plenty to choose from, and the service continues to be friendly and attentive. And when the wine we chose from the list turned out to be unavailable, the waiter recommended another compatible choice that was a few dollars LESS than our original selection. Score one for honesty and a genuine willingness to accommodate the diner. We will definitely be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Is ExcellentRebeccaC001Dined on 4/25/2014Went with a friend of mine to eat dinner the other night. Started with the mushroom appetizer. I had Tuna and my friend had the sheepsmilk ravioli. We finished with the chocolate bread pudding for dessert. The meal was outstanding and I like that the place is unpretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll love Five Points!MarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 4/23/2014Such a delightful atmosphere with terrific, friendly service. The food is wonderful, especially the lobster on Monday nights right now!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014I would definitely return to 5 points. The white sangria was delicious as were the eggs benedict. My boyfriend ordered the fritatta which he didn't care for. The service was fantastic and the ambiance was lively.Special Features:
- Amazing1978Dined on 4/14/2014I wanted to book somewhere special, I had a few recommendations from some friends who live in Hoboken.I decided on the five points as it seemed liked the best.When I made the online reservation I happened to mention that it was a special dinner for our anniversary as I was hoping to get a nice table. When we arrived we were welcomed and seated in a good spot,we were given a glass of prossecco to celebrate- this was a lovely surprise and unexpected.The staff were very lovely and the food was fantastic, we really enjoyed our experience and will definitely recommend it to.If we return to NY we will be sure to eat there again We were in NY for 10 days and ate at various places for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Five points was the best by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablewocaplelVIPDined on 4/13/2014As always, an enjoyable meal. Service is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but a little too priceyNayJDined on 4/13/2014I definitely enjoyed the jalapeno infused tequila in our bloody marys but overall the food was not the best. The ambience is nice...very energetic place with a nice crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.