Five Palms - Lahaina
1450 Front St.
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Five Palms - Lahaina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.5palmslahaina.com/
- Phone: 8086610937
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Daily: 8:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm-9:00pm
Happy Hours: Daily: 3:00pm-7:00pm & 9:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Special Events: We offer excellent accommodations for wedding parties, business meetings, and group functions.
A word from Five Palms - Lahaina
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Five Palms - Lahaina reviews from OpenTable diners
- service was horrible oversandykDined on 4/20/2013service was horrible over all. Slow with only a few tables seated. Food was mediocre but nicely presented. Pricing extremely high for what you got. Beautiful view, open, lots of wood. Music was nice. Nice the chef came and said hello.Special Features:
- Great viewPinkbirdVIPDined on 4/6/2013We had a banquette facing the ocean to enjoy a gorgeous sunset. The views are tremendous from nearly every table. I had the trio of fish and each one was cooked perfectly. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. Only reason I didn't give 5 stars is poor wine selection and limited desserts. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- We had a difficult time decidingronbo75Dined on 4/2/2013We had a difficult time deciding on where to eat as all local restaurants were rated highly. We choose Five Palms based on the location and menu selections The choice was a right one.... The sunset view was outstanding....the food and the service provided by Steve was of a very high standard Will definitely be on our list for a return visitSpecial Features:
- My husband and I had beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013My husband and I had been here 15 years ago, I think it had a different name then, but this experience brought back so many nice memories. The cocktails and appetizers were good. My dinner was just OK. My risotto was gluey and salty. My husband ordered two plates of appetizers for dinner and was very happy. The waitstaff and service were excellent. The view at sunset is really lovely.Special Features:
- Our food was wonderful. TheShariDined on 3/26/2013Our food was wonderful. The cream of macadamia nut soup is a must. Only downside was the service was a little too slow.Special Features:
- We thought the food was, atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2013We thought the food was, at worst, good, and at best, wonderful. They were short of wait staff and it showed. They would be better off ditching the women hawking leis, and adding another server and bus boy. The food was the best part of the dinner out. Our server was knowledgable about the food and helpful, but he was overwhelmed. The interior was pretty tired, but the sunset over the ocean was spectacular.Special Features:
- Great view of sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2013Great ambience. Beautiful view if the sunset and the restaurant was beautiful. Food quality was average and for the price it should of been wonderful. Drinks were good. If I had to do it again, I'd just do drinks and appetizers and watch the sunset.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience, greatChucn2011Dined on 2/26/2013Wonderful experience, great location just off the water. Only distraction while eating on outside deck is the wonderful view of the ocean and the mountains. Some street noise. Great flavors and service.Special Features:
- So many other options in LahainaBoulderVIPDined on 2/14/2013So many other options in Lahaina that have better food for the price.
- What a view and the food wasFoodloverVIPDined on 1/17/2013What a view and the food was very good. A place that anyone would enjoy
- Fish over cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2012Very nice building, view would have been beautiful if it wasen't for all the power lines between the building and the ocean. Obviously out of there control. There were 6 of us and 3 of the meals were good(not great). Gave the food a fair rating because the other 3 of us ordered the fish of the day the Ono and all 3 of our meals were over cooked and very dry. Disappointing considering it's a seafood resturaunt.
- Beautiful sunset views, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012Beautiful sunset views, but there are definitely better restaurants down the road. The sushi was too heavy on the rice with thin cuts of fish. The rainbow roll had way too much mayo in the crab mixture. The ahi poke was fair. My dad really liked the steak. My moms fish was good, but didn't blend well with the mound of potatoes it came with... It would have been better with rice. Don't go for sushi.
- Fabulous views and terrificJoeyVIPDined on 11/22/2012Fabulous views and terrific service. Went there for thanksgiving dinner and not only did they have a very nice set menu, it was also very reasonably priced. The staff were wonderfully. Very attentive, kind, and engaging. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Amazing perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012Food was delicious & scenery fantastic! Chef was soooo accommodating of our various food allergies etc. Highly recommended! Service was amazing as well!Special Features:
- Sadly our experience was justOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2012Sadly our experience was just OK. My mai tai was tasty, and the shrimp appetizer was tasty, but my Opa was listed as coming with chive mashed potatoes, a tropical fruit salsa, and a lillikoi beurre blanc. It came with bland rice, no salsa, and a plain beurre blanc with no hint of lillikoi, it also did not taste super fresh. My wife had the pasta, which had decent flavor but was just okay overall. The da kine pie was tasty for dessert.Special Features:
- Calamari appertizer was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Calamari appertizer was amazing - cooked to perfection.Entrees were also good.The only thing we could really fault it on was the ambience - it was 6:30 pm and there were 3 tables occupied. Its good not to have an overcrowded restaurant however, its good to have some background noise.Special Features:
- We went for the "early birdCFNOBISDined on 9/24/2012We went for the "early bird special" for $29.95 which included a salad, entree and dessert. We were very surprised on how wonderful everything was. The only thing I would change is decor, specifically the carpet. I don't think they have really changed anything since it was Canoe's. The food was fantastic and the price was great. I would highly recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:
- Disappointingly AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012We booked a reservation about an hour ahead of time, and were surprised that almost all the tables were empty when we arrived. The restaurant itself is in a great location and has a beautiful view over the ocean to the Big Island of Hawaii. The ambiance is great. We were seated quickly and went to the business of ordering our dinner. The menu was enticing, but the wine list was very lacking. We ordered two different salads to split and both of us ordered the filet mignon prepared medium rare. The salads were quite good, but the steaks were less impressive. My wife's steak was served medium rare and mine was on the well side of medium. The food was adequate, but definitely not worth the price even in Lahaina.Special Features:
- Five Palms Lahaina Is Really GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012I must say I haven't been to a west Maui restaurant in a while, so I was curious to see how Five Palms would be. I had heard good things about the place, but of course one has to see for him self. Well from the fantastic asian style calamari appetizer(not your typical fried prep which I like also), to the very good mixed green salad, and the great lamb chops, I was very impressed. In my opinion one of the best meals I've had in a long time at a restaurant on Maui. The fresh fish was also great, and I would have to believe their prime rib would be quite good too. I would highly recommend Five Palms for a great meal for locals and tourists(I am an ex-Lahaina boy).Special Features:
- Take a PassChicagogirlVIPDined on 8/22/2012Although my boyfriend enjoyed his entree, the restaurant did not impress me. It is outdated and was virtually empty, despite the stellar sunset views. Nearby roadside traffic was loud and waitstaff seemed inexperienced and meek. The restaurant needs to pump some energy into its staff from point of entry through exit and work on its menu.
- Restaurant was not busy atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012Restaurant was not busy at all at 7pm on a weeknight; not sure if that was a positive or a negative omen. The location is at the far end of Front Street, so it's not within walking distance of the downtown area, which is fine if you have a car, as they have a quite-large parking area. The service we had on this not-busy evening was sporatic at best. Our waters were being filled about every 5 minutes, which eventually became a running joke - perhaps there was really nothing else to do. But that being said, for a dinner order for 6 to take just under an hour to arrive at the table really isn't acceptable, especially when there's hardly any other tables. Quality was fantastic, but the delivery of that experience left much to be desired.Special Features:
- Amazing time again.. SuchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012Amazing time again.. Such great food and a view to dream of..Special Features:
- Hands Down the best placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2012Hands Down the best place I have ever been.. I cant wait to visit Maui again so that I can go to Five Palms again.Special Features:
- The restaurant was empty theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2012The restaurant was empty the whole night only a couple of tables full, it made me a little nervous thinking no one eats here. I had the prime rib and my wife had the fish of the day, our meals were great. You could here cars from the highway but had outstanding view of the sunset. Our waiter was Carlos and was very attentive, we were not rushed and our dinner was not dragged out. I am surprised of the lack of traffic in the restaurant because we had a really good meal.Special Features:
- Went twice during our AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2012Went twice during our Anniversary trip. The staff went out of their way to make both nights special. Food was great and the sunset view was spectacular.Special Features:
- We arrived in time for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/17/2012We arrived in time for the sunset special. The meal and service were very good. they offered a childrens menu for our kids and their food was also very good. Because we were there early, the dining room was mostly empty so the place was quiet. We were given a nice table by the window, with a beautiful view of the sunset over the ocean.Special Features:
- Went for dinner on July 4th.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2012Went for dinner on July 4th. Awesome ocean view, fantastic happy hour and bar menu...very reasonable and very good. Dinner was awesome...one in our party said the fish was the best he had ever eaten. Carlos our waiter was wonderful and very informative. You must try this restaurant.Special Features:
- Slow service but worth the waitLisaMVIPDined on 7/4/2012We were getting a bit frustrated by the lengthy time it took to receive our food. They were very prompt in bringing out kids meals but adult meals took nearly an hour (with several apologies from the server for the slow kitchen). However, once we received the food it was delicious! If they could work on this issue, it would be a gem.Special Features:
- Great Sunset and super foodMelodyDined on 7/4/2012Great place with the best sunsets on Maui and turtles to watch. Food was good and the sunset special was unbeatable price wise on Maui. We will for sure return here again. Easy and free parking on Maui hard to find. Plus my husband left his hat and they called me to come and get it, great customer service.Special Features:
- Maui was extremely busy butOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/3/2012Maui was extremely busy but this restaurant was practically empty. It's off the beaten path. The food and service was great. They need to advertise.Special Features:
- Six of us ate at Five PalmsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2012Six of us ate at Five Palms in Lahaina and had an awesome meal. Of course the speciality is seafood- the trio of Mahi Mahi, Ono, and Opah was a huge hit. My filet mignon was prepared perfectly. The view from the restaurant is amazing and makes for some spectacular sunsets. It is a bit north of the main part of Lahaina where Front runs in to Hwy 30, but definitely worth the stop!Special Features:
- Went for brunch. With allapellicaneVIPDined on 5/25/2012Went for brunch. With all the other choices available in Maui, I would pass on this one.
- A gem on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2012Several years ago we dined at the previous restaurant named "Canoes" and were unimpressed. We decided to try the new establishment and were wonderfully surprised by the new management. The food was excellent, the service impeccable, and the view second to none on the waterfront. The ambiance is what you would want for an island experience. It is certainly high on our list for a return visit, and would recommend it highly to anyone visiting for the first time, or who has often come to Maui.Special Features:
- The food and selection wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2012The food and selection was very good and the selection and preparations of local fish was exceptional. The services was outstanding. We went for sunset and the restaurant was very quiet. We had a table side view of a gorgeous Maui sunset.Special Features:
- Five Palms New Lahaina LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Recently went to Five Palms Lahaina for my son's 18 birthday. It was the second time I had dined there in the past 2 weeks and the food was excellent both times. The service started out a little slow - our assigned waiter apparently being swamped (everyone wants to sit out on the deck/lounge area and watch the sun set!), but we were then covered by what seemed to be one of the managers and everything went smoothly from there. The sushi has been great both times and this time I had the prime rib which was truly outstanding. A gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- We went here because we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/27/2012We went here because we had a coupon and it turned out to be one of my favorite restaurants in Maui. The food was delicious and we sat on the patio which overlooked the Lahaina beach. It wasn't very busy so it was quiet and peaceful and fantastic.
- Excellent service, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2012Excellent service, very good food, wonderful ambiance. Not to be missed!Special Features:
- Delicious taste of MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2012Excellent sunset view from Lahaina to celebrate a memorable birthday dinner. The service was very precise and amicable. The manager was there throughout to make sure the dining experience remained enjoyable. We began with the seafood trio and roasted beet salad. Several preparations of fish were prepared: including mahi-mahi, salmon, opah, opakapaka, Kauai prawns and scallops with a mouthwatering risotto. We finished the night off with a a special birthday chocolate cake.Special Features:
- They took over the old CanoesmauiboyDined on 3/27/2012They took over the old Canoes reaturant. great location and quality atmosphere, ocean views from most tables. the food was very good, not perfect though.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic meal hereOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/23/2012We had a fantastic meal here with wonderful service. It is slightly different from the one in Kihea, but perfectly prepared seafood. Our waiter was attentive without being obnoxious. We will absolutely be back on our next trip to Maui!Special Features: