Five Palms Beach Grill
2960 So. Kihei Rd.
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Five Palms Beach Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.5palmsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8088792607x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Daily: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hours: Nightly: 3:00pm-7:00pm & 9:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: George Gomes
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kathryn Freeman x
- Special Events: The perfect location for wedding parties, business meetings and group functions.
A word from Five Palms Beach Grill
5 Palms is an open-air, ocean front restaurant, nestled at the base of the Mana Kai Resort on Keawakapu Beach. We offer breakfast and lunch, daily from 8:00am to 2:30pm, focusing on unique twists to classic breakfast & lunch favorites. Dinner is served nightly from 5:00pm to 9:00pm and focuses on the bounty of fresh fish and locally grown vegetables that are available year round on Maui. We also offer one of the best Happy Hours on the South Side of the Island from 3:00pm to 7:00pm daily. Happy Hour features great drink specials, and half-priced pupus and Sushi. We invite you to come and relax, while the gentle tradewind breezes stir your soul and the breathtaking sunsets steal your cares away.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
Five Palms Beach Grill - Best Restaurants in Kihei ›
Five Palms Beach Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (55)great for outdoor dining (46)romantic (31)special occasion (26)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (12)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Highly DisappointedBruddaKellyDined on 9/11/2014After eating at Mamas Fish House in Paia early in the week, we tried the Five Palms later in the week. While the setting and ambiance was ideal, the food was very disappointing. All of our main course dishes were fish and all were severely over cooked. Memo to the Mgr and Head Chef, if you're going to charge more than Mama's Fish House ( the best Fish served on this Island ), you really should learn how to cook your fish. The sushi appetizer was very good.Special Features:
- Amazing view for sunsetCaliforniablondeDined on 9/10/2014My mom and I eat here every time we visit Maui. Fresh fish. Great wine list. The service is always amazing too. This time it took awhile for the food to come out of the kitchen, but it was a pretty busy night. Overall, we are always extremely happy customers. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upChristinaGermanyDined on 9/9/2014Everything was just Great! We got the best table for our wedding reception and the staff was very kind and friendly! The fiew was just amazing and very romantic. The food was very delicious and the prices are an avarage. It didnt took too long for the food to be served, just right. They even got us a free champagne for everyone, it was not cool though... The only negative point is that they forgot to bring bread and a wine we ordered but everything else was just beautiful! Thanks for this special great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding- both food and serviceYPGuyDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here and they treated us great. The food was really great, only slight misstep was the mahi mahi being a hair overdone. The restof the meal and service more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014We stumbled along this restaurant during our time in Maui. We thought the views were spectacular so we made a reservation. We asked for a great spot to view the sunset and arrived early to ensure we got the best spot. After being greeted and congratulated, we met the server who was extremely friendly. As the restaurant began to fill, we realized we were in a horrible spot to view the sunset and others were given priority over us. The food arrived and was...OK. My fish was overcooked and my husband's steak was nothing to write home about. Overall, we paid double what I thought this restaurant was worth. While the server was fantastic, we will not be returning to this restaurant next time we are in Maui. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Maui's hidden GemAlohaAnnieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We love love love this place! Five stars on everything! Keep up the good work Five Palms!Special Features:
- as close to th beach as you can getKJSJDined on 9/6/2014Almost at sea level with palm trees between you and the ocean, this was the highlight of our dining in a week in Maui. The food and service are excellent but the location is the star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ViewsthegoodstuffDined on 9/3/2014A perfect spot to enjoy the sunset while taking advantage of there decent happy hour specials. You are required to purchase drinks during happy hour to get the special happy hour food pricing.Special Features:
- homeboybeefeatersDined on 9/3/2014This was our third brunch at 5 Palms over the years...always a treat. Perfect first morning view and meal to get grounded, after the prior hectic day of arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!PickyMauiEaterDined on 8/29/2014The food was fabulous! I got the Beef Filet over mashed purple sweet potatoes (my request as I don't eat white potatoes) and the steak was perfectly cooked to order and so full of flavor. It was the best steak I have had since moving to Hawaii....including Oahu. My Uncle had the Prime rib and my aunt had a couple of the vegetarian sushi selections which they were both pleased with. We each got dessert, the lilikoi cheesecake which was amazing. The service was fabulous and they were very attentive and friendly. My husband got the same thing I did and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is located in an excellent location and the view of the beach and Maui sunset is unbeatable. However, despite excellent service from the staff our dinner food was unsatisfactory. The lobster dip is horrible for any price, let alone the $20 menu price. My fish dish came out undercooked and had to be sent back where they simply over fried it and replayed with the left over garnish. Very disappointed and wouldn't eat here again.Special Features:
- Dogs in restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Food was nothing spectacular....prices were way too high for the food......view was great .....but why do they allow pets in the restaurant at the table .....ruined the whole eveningSpecial Features:
- A must!stav53Dined on 8/22/2014If you are looking for a memorable very nice dinner, this is the place. So relaxing and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner with familyChristiansfr11Dined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed the dinner on the terrasse close to the beach. Sushy was just perfect and I took the fish. Service was good. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food With a ViewPIGIRLDined on 8/12/2014Amazing place to watch a spectacular sunset, have dinner, drinks, and great conversation. Celebrated my brother/sister in law's anniversary there while we were on Kihei. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was delicious! I ordered the Opa cooked tropical style which came atop some miniature hash browns/spinach. I also ordered a Pineapple Brûlée for dessert ...... OMG! Such wonderful flavor! The presentation of this heavenly treat was set in a small round of pineapple shell and filled in with the creme brûlée. My husband and sister in law ordered the Lilikoi Cheesecake, which was just as delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/11/2014From the kids to the adults, everyone in my party of 6 loved their dinner & drinks. We were seated a little further in the restaurant, but still had a great view of the sunset. Our server was great with the kids (8 & 6), and described the meals perfectly. The portions are generous, for both the main course and appetizers. I would highly suggest the Fish Trio, if it's on the menu,.. delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Excellent spot. Great views of the ocean and beaches. Service was good food was good, although pricey. Overall the experience was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why look for anyplace else?greeneyedladyDined on 8/9/2014We had a great table with a grat view. Our server was very efficient, friendly, and helpful. The food was outstanding. Our brunch was heavenly. We will come back again.Special Features:
- Romantic setting, but . . .BigmoDined on 8/6/2014Nice beachfront setting, a pretty restuarant attached to a rather tacky hotel, a lovely porch and attentive service, but large, noisy family groups and a lot of kids, so not quite the peaceful, romantic evening we were after! Food was good, if a little too fussy, fresh and tasty. Large portions. Two appetizers was a good meal. maybe eating later would have been better. Teak chairs were not very comfortable to conducive to lingering over wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot!JenGDined on 8/2/2014The atmosphere, setting, and food at Five Palms is AMAZING! One of the best meals on our whole trip! We really enjoyed our time here!Special Features:
- Very disappointingTravelFiendDined on 8/1/2014The view here is gorgeous. Our waiter had a great sense of humor. The portions are very large but the taste was lacking in every dish. I ordered the lobster roll and only ate part of the roll. The lobster was very fishy. The onion rings were heavily breaded but decent. The boys got the prime rib sandwich and the meat didn't look like prime rib. We were puzzled when we arrived at his empty the place was. But after the food arrived we realized that everyone else knows the food isn't worth eating.Special Features:
- Views are spectacularkboltonVIPDined on 7/29/2014Both 5 Palms and Sarentos next door offer amazing sunset views on the most idyllic beach on Maui. Both the mahi mahi and passion fruit cheesecake were delectable. Our waiter was personable and attentive. Other than a price mismatch for the Sunset Special (website $29.99, restaurant $38) we had a flawless dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiefoodieDined on 7/27/2014There were 8 of us and the setting was perfect. We sat outside in the patio and the sunset was awesome. We were greeted by Ken (manager) and our server was Zac (must ask for him) the service was exceptional, Luke (manager) also came by later in the evening and asked if everything was fine. I had the fish special which had a Hamachi, crab cake and shrimp, it was cooked perfect. We have made it one of our favorite places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceColoradoDined on 7/23/2014I traveled solo to Maui after a meeting in Honolulu for a couple days of downtime. The concierge at the marriott suggested dinner here. Outdoor dining had the most beautiful sunset views. Service was outstanding and attentive as I was dining alone. Sushi fresh and delicious as well as the fresh fish selections. The experience was one that prompted me to go back the second night. I travel weekly for business and do eat in top restaurants and this was one that will remain top on my list. Appetizers are large and should be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around fantastic!pupscanjoinVIPDined on 7/23/2014We have been going to the Five Palms for 10 years now and it remains one of our favorite restaurants on Maui! Food is always fantastic, great outdoor door dining with views of the sunset and very relaxing. We will be back next time we're in Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauiNeneVIPDined on 7/23/2014Was told by a few people to go there. Great and different food. Owner is a Rotarian and holds a meeting there weekly.Special Features:
- Disappointing mahiBuddhadelightVIPDined on 7/21/2014Mahi was very thin, small, over cooked, tough and dry. We asked for a different one. The second try was just as disappointing. It was less dry, but tough and over cooked. And really small!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014We had not been to Five Palms for many years, not sure why! We had a very enjoyable evening, made more so by our wonderful server, Roy. The ribs were amazing. The setting is beautiful. We sat outside and it was very quiet and peaceful as we had a later reservation. Very leisurely. We will definitely make this a stop on our annual visits to Maui!Special Features:
- mcc7Dined on 7/8/2014I've eaten here a couple of times. Really happy every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aloha MauiBlessedDined on 6/28/2014We ate at 5 Palms our last night in Maui, followed by breakfast the next morning before we went to the airport. Both meals were wonderful ways to say farewell to a week in paradise. Other reviews had mentioned poor service. This was NOT THE CASE FOR US. Very attentive and friendly servers both meals. The location on the beach can't be beat; we love the outdoor patio, but even the inside dining has wide open windows for sunset viewing. As is everything in Maui, it is expensive; but we took advantage of a 20% discount coupon we found in a travel guide brochure. The restaurant also offers 15-20% discounts for those who stay in nearby hotels or condos. We have dined here every time we come to Maui and always look forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2014Disappointing! My food was served cold after an extreme wait. After requesting to have it warmed up, I was served a second plate of cold food. Our waitress was overwhelmed with too many tables.Special Features:
- Lunch was very goodVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 6/11/2014My husband and I enjoyed salads which were very fresh and delicious. Wish they had more than one fish at lunch. Mahi everything. Cooked perfectly, however would have liked opah, Ono, or any Hawaiian fish that I can't find frozen at home. Still a great option for lunch with a great view.Special Features:
- Scenic View, So-So ServiceVA2HIDined on 6/10/2014Outdoor dining with great sunset view. Ordered a pomegranate mojito and had to send it back due to lack of flavor. Bread arrived late, when first course was served. Wife's mahi mahi was dry, my snapper was adequate. Dessert cheesecake was very good. Overall, the food could be better for the prices; service needs to improve. Have been going here for several years and it seems to have slipped a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Great food, we had the special 3 course meal for $37 and could barely eat everything. This is a lovely beach setting and one of the more special places to sit and have a quiet meal and watch the sun go down. We took our baby and that worked out fine. The waiter was very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great atmosphere!!whitetailDined on 6/4/2014The food was great, Roy (waiter) did a fine job of liking after us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience over all.Mauidine1Dined on 5/31/2014Natasha was a great server. Very attentive, knowledgeable and on it. Kenen the Mgr. was on it too. Since we do frequent there allot, it's nice to have him / mgr come by and say aloha, etc. guests especially like that since we do bring people that do live on Maui as well as guests too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceOnlydineonceinawhileDined on 5/29/2014our waiter was very knowledgable and excellent service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable EnviromentAllangarryDined on 5/22/2014The drink menu was amazing and the food also !The food is a little pricey but well worth it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 426 reviews are from the Five Palms Beach Grill reviews archive.
- Very nice dinnerJNPWDined on 5/18/2014The is restaurant was a recommendation. It was an excellent choice. Food was very good. Service was a little slow, but the were very busy. The table and it's view were absolutely wonderful. Great local place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five stars for the Five Palms!MissinghawaiiDined on 5/16/2014The view is incredible, the food and the service are great as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.