Five - O
50 Shore Road
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Five - O
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.five-oshoreroad.com/
- Phone: (207) 646-5001
- Hours of Operation:
7 nights each week beginning at 5pm
7 nights each week beginning at 5pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Walter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Five-O will gladly host your private functions or special events. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Five-O will gladly host your private functions or special events. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey Porter 2076465001x
- Special Events: Five-O – hosts monthly Wine Dinners in the off Season.
Demonstration Wine Dinner – Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 6:30
A word from Five - O
Once in a while, a restaurant comes along that captures the essence of a place and a particular time better than any other, Five-O has that magic, and defines a night out in Ogunquit. Its sophisticated with high style, always fun, service is well-paced and the food is excellent.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Five - O - Best Restaurants in Ogunquit ›
Five - O reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)special occasion (84)romantic (64)neighborhood gem (56)notable wine list (34)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (27)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (17)late-night find (16)scenic view (13)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Romantic and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014A chianti was recommended....pricier than I wanted to spend but oh my yumminess it was worth it! Our waitress was wonderful. She didn't rush us through enjoying our wine. She brought us bread with a trio of Gorgonzola butter, garlic oil, and olive tapenade. Our app was the truffle lobster pie...wow! It should be an entree. Our meals were both fantastic - I had the agnolotti, my husband had the shrimp pasta special (carbonara). The one negative thing about his dinner were the shrimp...tiny like the ones used in dips....disappointing for the kind of restaurant it is. And I saved the only real disappointment - the DESSERTS! Ugh...what happened guys? Still didn't take away from our dining experience and we finished the night off with a glass of port. We will definitely go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningEveOutDined on 11/10/2014While several menu items were a little pricey, the presentation and flavors were wonderful. Also, there were many specials for very, very reasonable prices! I would definitely recommend Five-O.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014High standards across the board: interesting menu, good value, nice ambience, and absolutely fabulous food! We dine out all the time and this will be our new favorite--when we can afford it. Prices are a little higher than many other fine dining restaurants in the area, but the experience was completely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014This restaurant offers tasting samplers for appetizers and desserts. The small plates appetizers were delicious, if a little skimpy for three people to share. The desserts were dreadful - gooey blueberry tart, too-sweet gelato, and a bland blob of bread pudding. Our entrees were quite nice, but nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- Food outstandingkgedtDined on 11/2/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant and we shall go again. Dishes that could have been simply excellent were outstanding (e.g., clam chower - best i've ever tasted). Sauces subtle, proportions just right. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningTraveltimeDined on 11/1/2014Everything done well - great wait staff, good food and wine list along with a great martini bar. Should be on the list each time we visit.Special Features:
- Memorable meal and weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014In Ogunquit for weekend and booked 5 0 for a Saturday evening dinner. The meal was one of the best meals I have ever had. Add that to the beautiful weather we had. Would highly recommend this restaurant; just remember to make reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Based on reviews we tried Five-0. The restaurant was packed and it took a while to get our table (7:15 reservation). Slower than we would like, but overall the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit, Great Experienceddamon406VIPDined on 10/23/2014This was our first time at Five-O and we were not disappointed. We tried three of their mini plates: mushrooms, oysters and pate...all were very well prepared, presented and really delicious. For main meals, I ordered the statler chicken with mushroom risotto and asparagus. The chicken was moist and flavorful and the risotto was perfectly prepared. My companion ordered the Bolognese with homemade pappardelle. He was very pleased. Unfortunately we had no room for dessert so we will have to wait until next visit. We had a wonderful waitperson named Nick who was just the right amount of attentive and made us feel right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchExcellentVIPDined on 10/19/2014Food was OK for breakfast service was fine Wasn't the usual brunch that we are used to however was fine for what it wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantChathamDined on 10/17/2014Our server was very helpful with the wine list and menu. Food was wonderful. It was our second trip to five - O and we were very happy. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & nice atmosphereedjgDined on 10/13/2014We spent an enjoyable evening at Five - 0. My meal started with a parsnip, caramelized onion soup that was truly heavenly, the best soup I've tasted in recent memory. It was like warm whipped cream with the flavor of fresh sweet parsnips and caramel onions. This was followed with an oxtail pasta dish that equaled a similar dish I had in Rome. Magnificent. The finish was a Chocolate Molton Lava cake. This was truly a meal to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bistro with an upper touchDocloulouDined on 10/12/2014The food is worth the detour, every plate have their unique taste , a must ! The small plates to share are wonderful! Very trendy, make sure to have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining valueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Nice selection of small plates, appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The duck with polenta and beef tenderloin were both very good. Dessert sampler was a great idea for sharing. Very nice for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Always fun,great food experienceLJOBDined on 10/10/2014Staring in the bar with a yummy line up of wonderful cocktails that demonstrate creativity & great flavour. Dinner is always wonderful. Seafood specials are deelish and the small bites to start are always a treat. We visit each time we come to OgunquitSpecial Features:
- Pre show findBeforeshowDined on 10/4/2014Tried restaurant before attending playhouse Excellent service great food and drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKFood4fayDined on 10/2/2014Except for MC in Perkins Cove, there are not first class restaurants. Five O is ok. They should improve the wine list.Special Features:
- southbaydinerDined on 10/1/2014I discovered a great value and a variety of flavors in the 5-appetizer sampler, which included a wonderful seafood ceviche-style dish. The oxtail ragu on perfectly cooked pasta was very tasty. I would definitely return to this place to try their other dishes!Special Features:
- A disappointing experiencePaleoPotterDined on 9/24/2014We were seated for 25 minutes before anyone acknowledged us. The waitress completely forgot my husband's drink. It took a half hour for the appetizer to arrive. The waitress knew we were gluten free but failed to mention that our appetizer had to be eaten with bread which she brought to the table. Thus we ended up ordering an appetizer and could only eat half of it. The main course dishes were also disappointing. The size of the proteins was fine but they really scrimped on the vegetables on the plate. The steak was perfectly cooked as was the seared tuna. The tuna was bland and with a lack of vegetable or reductions on the plate there was nowhere to add extra flavour.
- FoodiesDined on 9/21/2014A very pleasant experience. We were there on a Sunday nite in Sept. Less crowded. Good food, good service.Special Features:
- Our favorite place in New England!HMMRWMDined on 9/20/2014We had another fabulous meal at Five-0. The food, including the variety of options is excellent however the service truly makes this place a gem in our eyes. The staff are amazing and we always feel like we are off to a lovely dinner party at a good friend's home when we arrive. We love that there are many lovely half bottles of wine so we can try a few different wines! We suggest starting with the small plates, they are delicious and creative! We can't wait to go back to Five-0 again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazing dining experience !!SteveDined on 9/20/2014The Five-O Team truly understands and knows how to create a top notch dining experience. No visit to Ogunquit is complete until you visit Five-O.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014The food is outstanding but best of all the service is top notch. It is located in a great spot on Shore Rd so a single diner can people watch. Been here a few times & I can say every time has been a joy!Special Features:
- Exactly what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We've been coming to Ogunquit for years with another couple and our children so always sought family places....but had been wanting to try Five 0 for a long time. We took a drive up for the day and found it to be every bit as good as we had hoped. The food was outstanding, the service excellent and the prices reasonable based on the quality.
- Excellent food, atmosphere, staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent meal with a very attentive and personable waitress. The atmosphere was wonderful. Presentation of our appetizers and meals was beautiful and very tasty - the Bolognese made us feel like we were back in Italy!!! Highly Recommend.Special Features:
- Good recommendBobxxxxCindyDined on 9/15/2014Caesar salad and escargot were both great. Escargot has a touch of Pernod that makes a big difference. Pasta Bolognese was fantastic. Tenderloin was very good not great. Steak is cut in half lengthwise which makes it seem tough when you cut it. However it is tender. I understand it is his presentation and the explanation is that he puts truffle butter between the slices to get the taste in the meat. However the truffle butter portion is small and not that Truffley ( word?) So it doesn't add that much to the dish. Sides of Faro (Bulgar wheat) and a tiny portion of onions and mushrooms cooked together doesn't add much. Needs a rethink on the sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice waitressArtloverDined on 9/14/2014The service was excellent- our waitress was very attentive and the food was very good. The only problem we had was that although I had asked about wheelchair access prior to our visit, the restaurant is not really accessible- my brother-in-law was able to get my husband into the restaurant but if he had not been there we would have had to cancel our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy with good but not great fooditsmebostonVIPDined on 9/9/2014When we went, there were several tables with at least 10 senior citizens each. They were very loud and their voices carried throughout the room making it hard for us to hear at our table. The appetizers were quite good but the dinners were medium, not at all memorable. Not sure we will return
- Five OJRS1950Dined on 9/9/2014Wonderful, ambiance great, food delicious, and very fun evening in Ogunquit.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerbkmartellVIPDined on 9/8/2014This was our first visit to Five-O and we were not disappointed. The service was wonderful and very attentive. The food far exceeded our expectations. We will definitely plan to return for another dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in OgunquitWalt46Dined on 9/7/2014Great food, from bread basket to decaf espresso. Had to write 50 characters, so her goes: 50 50 5o 50 50 50Special Features:
- rootytootyfoodieDined on 9/7/2014Appetizers and sides very good. Tenderloin a little tough. Tuna mediocre. No salt & pepper on table. No soy sauce for tuna.
- Still one of the best in OgunquitPoconotravelerDined on 9/3/2014The Five O remains one of the best restaurants in Ogunquit. My husband and I returned there on 9/3/14 (our last time there was 4 years ago) and we absolutely enjoyed our experience. Our meal was fabulous, cocktails were too, and our server was spot on. While there are restaurants in town with better views, the Five O should be on everyone "must go to" list while in Ogunquit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerdiningfunDined on 9/3/2014We enjoyed a quiet dinner here after Labor Day. The food, service and atmosphere were wonderful. My fish was fresh and wonderfully prepared. My husband's pork was juicy and tender. He ordered extra sauce expecting to need it, but it was wonderful as prepared. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014We had planned on spending our anniversary dinner at 5-0 Shore but unfortunately, after a 60 minute wait from taking our dinner orders, our food had still not arrived. So we settled up our drink orders and left. Samantha, our waitress did apologize and said "it was not her fault" and blamed it on the chef. She was rude from the beginning and not helpful with our food choices at all. We were disappointed that no one cared we were leaving. That is the worst customer service we have ever experienced and we will never go back!
- ExcellentLove2dineVIPDined on 9/1/2014Five-O is probably one of the best dinner we have had! Absolutely excellent Borrata and tomatoes, fabulous fish and pasta as well as the service by Tucker! It was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return tripusmc178Dined on 9/1/2014This is a great restaurant on Shore road. We sat at table # 5 which is a great view for people watching. Lisa was our server and is wonderful. Suggestion is to review the dessert menus prior to ordering because there are a couple of great items on the menus that require extra 10-15 minutes. That way you can advise your server up front and will not have to wait the extra time. Our main entrees were the gulf of Maine(Chef special fish of the day) and the Orecchiette (home made chicken sausage etc). Both were excellent. They also have a great Tapas menus of which we tried 2(fried oysters and Artichoke Arancini with whipped goat cheese). They are excellent. We decided our next trip we may just stick to the tapas for something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MemoriesOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/30/2014We have a great meal at Five-O several times during each summer. The service is excellent along with the views - fireworks on the 4th or people watching most nights. The food is wonderful as is the wine list. A place to come home to for our family.Special Features:
- Chowder!!LoriwDined on 8/30/2014The best Clam Chowder I've ever tasted. Full of clams!!! Loved the pineapple drink too. Awesome. Pretty noisy on a Saturday nite, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okFoodguyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had a 7 pm reservation arrived at 6 50 was informed there would be a 10 minute wait. Went to bar 45 minutes later we still were not seated. Went to check said would be 5 minutes more. Food was good up until entrees arived. Filet was paired with farro not a great choice but that is a personal preference,my wife had a roasted cod which was toataly raw inside . Waitress was absolutly fantastic . Bent over backwards to make it right offered a free dessert i would have thought the manager would have got involved maybe comp my wifes meal but did not happen . Wont go back