Five - O
50 Shore Road
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Five - O
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.five-oshoreroad.com/
- Phone: 207- 646-5001x
- Hours of Operation:
7 nights each week beginning at 5pm
7 nights each week beginning at 5pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Walter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Five-O will gladly host your private functions or special events. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Five-O will gladly host your private functions or special events. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey Porter 2076465001x
- Special Events: Five-O – hosts monthly Wine Dinners in the off Season.
Demonstration Wine Dinner – Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 6:30
A word from Five - O
Once in a while, a restaurant comes along that captures the essence of a place and a particular time better than any other, Five-O has that magic, and defines a night out in Ogunquit. Its sophisticated with high style, always fun, service is well-paced and the food is excellent.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Five - O - Best Restaurants in Ogunquit ›
Five - O reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (101)romantic (78)neighborhood gem (71)notable wine list (40)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (37)great for outdoor dining (29)good for groups (22)scenic view (17)late-night find (16)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)Show More
- BrunchExcellentVIPDined on 10/19/2014Food was OK for breakfast service was fine Wasn't the usual brunch that we are used to however was fine for what it wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantChathamDined on 10/17/2014Our server was very helpful with the wine list and menu. Food was wonderful. It was our second trip to five - O and we were very happy. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & nice atmosphereedjgDined on 10/13/2014We spent an enjoyable evening at Five - 0. My meal started with a parsnip, caramelized onion soup that was truly heavenly, the best soup I've tasted in recent memory. It was like warm whipped cream with the flavor of fresh sweet parsnips and caramel onions. This was followed with an oxtail pasta dish that equaled a similar dish I had in Rome. Magnificent. The finish was a Chocolate Molton Lava cake. This was truly a meal to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bistro with an upper touchDocloulouDined on 10/12/2014The food is worth the detour, every plate have their unique taste , a must ! The small plates to share are wonderful! Very trendy, make sure to have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining valueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Nice selection of small plates, appetizers, entrees, and desserts. The duck with polenta and beef tenderloin were both very good. Dessert sampler was a great idea for sharing. Very nice for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Always fun,great food experienceLJOBDined on 10/10/2014Staring in the bar with a yummy line up of wonderful cocktails that demonstrate creativity & great flavour. Dinner is always wonderful. Seafood specials are deelish and the small bites to start are always a treat. We visit each time we come to OgunquitSpecial Features:
- Pre show findBeforeshowDined on 10/4/2014Tried restaurant before attending playhouse Excellent service great food and drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKFood4fayDined on 10/2/2014Except for MC in Perkins Cove, there are not first class restaurants. Five O is ok. They should improve the wine list.Special Features:
- southbaydinerDined on 10/1/2014I discovered a great value and a variety of flavors in the 5-appetizer sampler, which included a wonderful seafood ceviche-style dish. The oxtail ragu on perfectly cooked pasta was very tasty. I would definitely return to this place to try their other dishes!Special Features:
- A disappointing experiencePaleoPotterDined on 9/24/2014We were seated for 25 minutes before anyone acknowledged us. The waitress completely forgot my husband's drink. It took a half hour for the appetizer to arrive. The waitress knew we were gluten free but failed to mention that our appetizer had to be eaten with bread which she brought to the table. Thus we ended up ordering an appetizer and could only eat half of it. The main course dishes were also disappointing. The size of the proteins was fine but they really scrimped on the vegetables on the plate. The steak was perfectly cooked as was the seared tuna. The tuna was bland and with a lack of vegetable or reductions on the plate there was nowhere to add extra flavour.
- FoodiesDined on 9/21/2014A very pleasant experience. We were there on a Sunday nite in Sept. Less crowded. Good food, good service.Special Features:
- Our favorite place in New England!HMMRWMDined on 9/20/2014We had another fabulous meal at Five-0. The food, including the variety of options is excellent however the service truly makes this place a gem in our eyes. The staff are amazing and we always feel like we are off to a lovely dinner party at a good friend's home when we arrive. We love that there are many lovely half bottles of wine so we can try a few different wines! We suggest starting with the small plates, they are delicious and creative! We can't wait to go back to Five-0 again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazing dining experience !!SteveDined on 9/20/2014The Five-O Team truly understands and knows how to create a top notch dining experience. No visit to Ogunquit is complete until you visit Five-O.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014The food is outstanding but best of all the service is top notch. It is located in a great spot on Shore Rd so a single diner can people watch. Been here a few times & I can say every time has been a joy!Special Features:
- Exactly what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We've been coming to Ogunquit for years with another couple and our children so always sought family places....but had been wanting to try Five 0 for a long time. We took a drive up for the day and found it to be every bit as good as we had hoped. The food was outstanding, the service excellent and the prices reasonable based on the quality.
- Excellent food, atmosphere, staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent meal with a very attentive and personable waitress. The atmosphere was wonderful. Presentation of our appetizers and meals was beautiful and very tasty - the Bolognese made us feel like we were back in Italy!!! Highly Recommend.Special Features:
- Good recommendBobxxxxCindyDined on 9/15/2014Caesar salad and escargot were both great. Escargot has a touch of Pernod that makes a big difference. Pasta Bolognese was fantastic. Tenderloin was very good not great. Steak is cut in half lengthwise which makes it seem tough when you cut it. However it is tender. I understand it is his presentation and the explanation is that he puts truffle butter between the slices to get the taste in the meat. However the truffle butter portion is small and not that Truffley ( word?) So it doesn't add that much to the dish. Sides of Faro (Bulgar wheat) and a tiny portion of onions and mushrooms cooked together doesn't add much. Needs a rethink on the sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice waitressArtloverDined on 9/14/2014The service was excellent- our waitress was very attentive and the food was very good. The only problem we had was that although I had asked about wheelchair access prior to our visit, the restaurant is not really accessible- my brother-in-law was able to get my husband into the restaurant but if he had not been there we would have had to cancel our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy with good but not great fooditsmebostonVIPDined on 9/9/2014When we went, there were several tables with at least 10 senior citizens each. They were very loud and their voices carried throughout the room making it hard for us to hear at our table. The appetizers were quite good but the dinners were medium, not at all memorable. Not sure we will return
- Five OJRS1950Dined on 9/9/2014Wonderful, ambiance great, food delicious, and very fun evening in Ogunquit.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerbkmartellVIPDined on 9/8/2014This was our first visit to Five-O and we were not disappointed. The service was wonderful and very attentive. The food far exceeded our expectations. We will definitely plan to return for another dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in OgunquitWalt46Dined on 9/7/2014Great food, from bread basket to decaf espresso. Had to write 50 characters, so her goes: 50 50 5o 50 50 50Special Features:
- rootytootyfoodieDined on 9/7/2014Appetizers and sides very good. Tenderloin a little tough. Tuna mediocre. No salt & pepper on table. No soy sauce for tuna.
- Still one of the best in OgunquitPoconotravelerDined on 9/3/2014The Five O remains one of the best restaurants in Ogunquit. My husband and I returned there on 9/3/14 (our last time there was 4 years ago) and we absolutely enjoyed our experience. Our meal was fabulous, cocktails were too, and our server was spot on. While there are restaurants in town with better views, the Five O should be on everyone "must go to" list while in Ogunquit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerdiningfunDined on 9/3/2014We enjoyed a quiet dinner here after Labor Day. The food, service and atmosphere were wonderful. My fish was fresh and wonderfully prepared. My husband's pork was juicy and tender. He ordered extra sauce expecting to need it, but it was wonderful as prepared. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014We had planned on spending our anniversary dinner at 5-0 Shore but unfortunately, after a 60 minute wait from taking our dinner orders, our food had still not arrived. So we settled up our drink orders and left. Samantha, our waitress did apologize and said "it was not her fault" and blamed it on the chef. She was rude from the beginning and not helpful with our food choices at all. We were disappointed that no one cared we were leaving. That is the worst customer service we have ever experienced and we will never go back!
- ExcellentLove2dineVIPDined on 9/1/2014Five-O is probably one of the best dinner we have had! Absolutely excellent Borrata and tomatoes, fabulous fish and pasta as well as the service by Tucker! It was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return tripusmc178Dined on 9/1/2014This is a great restaurant on Shore road. We sat at table # 5 which is a great view for people watching. Lisa was our server and is wonderful. Suggestion is to review the dessert menus prior to ordering because there are a couple of great items on the menus that require extra 10-15 minutes. That way you can advise your server up front and will not have to wait the extra time. Our main entrees were the gulf of Maine(Chef special fish of the day) and the Orecchiette (home made chicken sausage etc). Both were excellent. They also have a great Tapas menus of which we tried 2(fried oysters and Artichoke Arancini with whipped goat cheese). They are excellent. We decided our next trip we may just stick to the tapas for something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MemoriesOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/30/2014We have a great meal at Five-O several times during each summer. The service is excellent along with the views - fireworks on the 4th or people watching most nights. The food is wonderful as is the wine list. A place to come home to for our family.Special Features:
- Chowder!!LoriwDined on 8/30/2014The best Clam Chowder I've ever tasted. Full of clams!!! Loved the pineapple drink too. Awesome. Pretty noisy on a Saturday nite, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okFoodguyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had a 7 pm reservation arrived at 6 50 was informed there would be a 10 minute wait. Went to bar 45 minutes later we still were not seated. Went to check said would be 5 minutes more. Food was good up until entrees arived. Filet was paired with farro not a great choice but that is a personal preference,my wife had a roasted cod which was toataly raw inside . Waitress was absolutly fantastic . Bent over backwards to make it right offered a free dessert i would have thought the manager would have got involved maybe comp my wifes meal but did not happen . Wont go back
- Wonderful as UsualDependable66VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I ordered different dishes that we have in the past and they were spectacular. We chose five of the small plates...each one was really good. The Bolognese was delicious. Since we are Italian we usually do not order pasta out. I'm glad we did. I had the fish special and that was great too. When you are in Ogunquit, Five-O is a must.Special Features:
- Best food in OgunquitRosalieDined on 8/29/2014Maine, especially Portland, has some outstanding restaurants and this one fits the bill. Our server was attentive, pleasant and knowledgeable of both the menu and wine list. Branzini which is hard to find on any menu was the best I have ever had. Mussels were prepared in a tasty not over powerful sauce. Tried the dessert sampler which was a fun way to end the evening. Only complaint was the noise level, but on a weekend in Ogunquit, that is the normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars for Five - OOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The best food I have ever eaten can be found at this wonderful gem of a restaurant. If you go you must try the Truffled Lobster en Croute. It is absolutely fabulous. The ambiance is very romantic. Service is professional and courteous. I loved this place and can't wait to go back when we vacation in Ogunquit again next year.Special Features:
- Glad we wentLilyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Five-0 is always on our short list of dining options when we are in Ogunquit, but we haven't been in a few years. We were glad that we went this year. Food was very tasty overall. Almost passed on the lobster because of the quinoa but it worked and was delicious unlike the yellowfin which the bok Choy/turnip mix was an odd combo and not as successful in our opinion. We loved our apps and the dessert sampler with tiny renditions of their offerings. Great when you just want a little something sweet to finish. Service spot on. We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timers!DelishDined on 8/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the selection of food and drinks Five-O offers! The food was fresh and top quality. A great place for both, foodies or any one willing to step out of the box and try an all around decadent meal! We were also pleased with the standout service by our server, Sammy. She was knowledgable and gave us spot on recommendations throughout the entire evening. We are already talking about our next visit to Ogonquit, and Five-O is at the top of the list! Thank you for a very enjoyable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous!GraniteStateFoodLoversDined on 8/25/2014Delicious all around! Love the tapas, crudo, oysters, cheeses, mushroom ragout: outstanding. The cod cakes are still a little dense. We ordered the chicken (melt in our mouths) & lobster en croute this time, much too much truffle oil (a little goes a long way) to give the full 5 stars. The cocktails were cold & fresh, so good! Thank you for the delightful window table this time. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!YoAEatsDined on 8/24/2014We were in Ogunquit for vacation and ate at several places but the Five-O was by far our favorite!! Food was absolutely excellent. I recommend the Bolognese. Outstanding!!Special Features:
- A dinner mustNeezoDined on 8/22/2014I have been going back to Five-O for the past five years while enjoying girls weekend away. Every meal has been sensational and the warm olives are outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything the reviews say it is!LuvgoodfoodDined on 8/22/2014Very welcoming and friendly staff. The food was everything the reviews say! We had the small plates to start. The mushroom and leek ragu was delicious as was the fried oysters and artichoke aranicini. For entrees we had the tuna and chicken. Both were seasoned and cooked to perfection. For desert we had the blueberry Tar c homemade ice cream was the perfect end to a wonderful dinner. Excellent wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.