Five - O
50 Shore Road
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Five - O
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.five-oshoreroad.com/
- Phone: 207- 646-5001x
- Hours of Operation:
7 nights each week beginning at 5pm
7 nights each week beginning at 5pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Walter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Five-O will gladly host your private functions or special events. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Five-O will gladly host your private functions or special events. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey Porter 2076465001x
- Special Events: Five-O – hosts monthly Wine Dinners in the off Season.
Demonstration Wine Dinner – Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 6:30
A word from Five - O
Once in a while, a restaurant comes along that captures the essence of a place and a particular time better than any other, Five-O has that magic, and defines a night out in Ogunquit. Its sophisticated with high style, always fun, service is well-paced and the food is excellent.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Five - O - Best Restaurants in Ogunquit ›
Five - O reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)special occasion (100)romantic (78)neighborhood gem (66)notable wine list (38)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (34)great for outdoor dining (29)good for groups (24)scenic view (19)great for brunch (17)late-night find (16)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Our favorite place in New England!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We had another fabulous meal at Five-0. The food, including the variety of options is excellent however the service truly makes this place a gem in our eyes. The staff are amazing and we always feel like we are off to a lovely dinner party at a good friend's home when we arrive. We love that there are many lovely half bottles of wine so we can try a few different wines! We suggest starting with the small plates, they are delicious and creative! We can't wait to go back to Five-0 again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazing dining experience !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The Five-O Team truly understands and knows how to create a top notch dining experience. No visit to Ogunquit is complete until you visit Five-O.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014The food is outstanding but best of all the service is top notch. It is located in a great spot on Shore Rd so a single diner can people watch. Been here a few times & I can say every time has been a joy!Special Features:
- Exactly what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We've been coming to Ogunquit for years with another couple and our children so always sought family places....but had been wanting to try Five 0 for a long time. We took a drive up for the day and found it to be every bit as good as we had hoped. The food was outstanding, the service excellent and the prices reasonable based on the quality.
- Excellent food, atmosphere, staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent meal with a very attentive and personable waitress. The atmosphere was wonderful. Presentation of our appetizers and meals was beautiful and very tasty - the Bolognese made us feel like we were back in Italy!!! Highly Recommend.Special Features:
- Good recommendBobxxxxCindyDined on 9/15/2014Caesar salad and escargot were both great. Escargot has a touch of Pernod that makes a big difference. Pasta Bolognese was fantastic. Tenderloin was very good not great. Steak is cut in half lengthwise which makes it seem tough when you cut it. However it is tender. I understand it is his presentation and the explanation is that he puts truffle butter between the slices to get the taste in the meat. However the truffle butter portion is small and not that Truffley ( word?) So it doesn't add that much to the dish. Sides of Faro (Bulgar wheat) and a tiny portion of onions and mushrooms cooked together doesn't add much. Needs a rethink on the sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice waitressArtloverDined on 9/14/2014The service was excellent- our waitress was very attentive and the food was very good. The only problem we had was that although I had asked about wheelchair access prior to our visit, the restaurant is not really accessible- my brother-in-law was able to get my husband into the restaurant but if he had not been there we would have had to cancel our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy with good but not great fooditsmebostonVIPDined on 9/9/2014When we went, there were several tables with at least 10 senior citizens each. They were very loud and their voices carried throughout the room making it hard for us to hear at our table. The appetizers were quite good but the dinners were medium, not at all memorable. Not sure we will return
- Five OJRS1950Dined on 9/9/2014Wonderful, ambiance great, food delicious, and very fun evening in Ogunquit.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerbkmartellVIPDined on 9/8/2014This was our first visit to Five-O and we were not disappointed. The service was wonderful and very attentive. The food far exceeded our expectations. We will definitely plan to return for another dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rootytootyfoodieDined on 9/7/2014Appetizers and sides very good. Tenderloin a little tough. Tuna mediocre. No salt & pepper on table. No soy sauce for tuna.
- Still one of the best in OgunquitPoconotravelerDined on 9/3/2014The Five O remains one of the best restaurants in Ogunquit. My husband and I returned there on 9/3/14 (our last time there was 4 years ago) and we absolutely enjoyed our experience. Our meal was fabulous, cocktails were too, and our server was spot on. While there are restaurants in town with better views, the Five O should be on everyone "must go to" list while in Ogunquit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerdiningfunDined on 9/3/2014We enjoyed a quiet dinner here after Labor Day. The food, service and atmosphere were wonderful. My fish was fresh and wonderfully prepared. My husband's pork was juicy and tender. He ordered extra sauce expecting to need it, but it was wonderful as prepared. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014We had planned on spending our anniversary dinner at 5-0 Shore but unfortunately, after a 60 minute wait from taking our dinner orders, our food had still not arrived. So we settled up our drink orders and left. Samantha, our waitress did apologize and said "it was not her fault" and blamed it on the chef. She was rude from the beginning and not helpful with our food choices at all. We were disappointed that no one cared we were leaving. That is the worst customer service we have ever experienced and we will never go back!
- ExcellentLove2dineVIPDined on 9/1/2014Five-O is probably one of the best dinner we have had! Absolutely excellent Borrata and tomatoes, fabulous fish and pasta as well as the service by Tucker! It was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return tripusmc178Dined on 9/1/2014This is a great restaurant on Shore road. We sat at table # 5 which is a great view for people watching. Lisa was our server and is wonderful. Suggestion is to review the dessert menus prior to ordering because there are a couple of great items on the menus that require extra 10-15 minutes. That way you can advise your server up front and will not have to wait the extra time. Our main entrees were the gulf of Maine(Chef special fish of the day) and the Orecchiette (home made chicken sausage etc). Both were excellent. They also have a great Tapas menus of which we tried 2(fried oysters and Artichoke Arancini with whipped goat cheese). They are excellent. We decided our next trip we may just stick to the tapas for something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MemoriesOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/30/2014We have a great meal at Five-O several times during each summer. The service is excellent along with the views - fireworks on the 4th or people watching most nights. The food is wonderful as is the wine list. A place to come home to for our family.Special Features:
- Chowder!!LoriwDined on 8/30/2014The best Clam Chowder I've ever tasted. Full of clams!!! Loved the pineapple drink too. Awesome. Pretty noisy on a Saturday nite, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okFoodguyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had a 7 pm reservation arrived at 6 50 was informed there would be a 10 minute wait. Went to bar 45 minutes later we still were not seated. Went to check said would be 5 minutes more. Food was good up until entrees arived. Filet was paired with farro not a great choice but that is a personal preference,my wife had a roasted cod which was toataly raw inside . Waitress was absolutly fantastic . Bent over backwards to make it right offered a free dessert i would have thought the manager would have got involved maybe comp my wifes meal but did not happen . Wont go back
- Wonderful as UsualDependable66VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I ordered different dishes that we have in the past and they were spectacular. We chose five of the small plates...each one was really good. The Bolognese was delicious. Since we are Italian we usually do not order pasta out. I'm glad we did. I had the fish special and that was great too. When you are in Ogunquit, Five-O is a must.Special Features:
- Best food in OgunquitRosalieDined on 8/29/2014Maine, especially Portland, has some outstanding restaurants and this one fits the bill. Our server was attentive, pleasant and knowledgeable of both the menu and wine list. Branzini which is hard to find on any menu was the best I have ever had. Mussels were prepared in a tasty not over powerful sauce. Tried the dessert sampler which was a fun way to end the evening. Only complaint was the noise level, but on a weekend in Ogunquit, that is the normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars for Five - OOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The best food I have ever eaten can be found at this wonderful gem of a restaurant. If you go you must try the Truffled Lobster en Croute. It is absolutely fabulous. The ambiance is very romantic. Service is professional and courteous. I loved this place and can't wait to go back when we vacation in Ogunquit again next year.Special Features:
- Glad we wentLilyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Five-0 is always on our short list of dining options when we are in Ogunquit, but we haven't been in a few years. We were glad that we went this year. Food was very tasty overall. Almost passed on the lobster because of the quinoa but it worked and was delicious unlike the yellowfin which the bok Choy/turnip mix was an odd combo and not as successful in our opinion. We loved our apps and the dessert sampler with tiny renditions of their offerings. Great when you just want a little something sweet to finish. Service spot on. We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timers!DelishDined on 8/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the selection of food and drinks Five-O offers! The food was fresh and top quality. A great place for both, foodies or any one willing to step out of the box and try an all around decadent meal! We were also pleased with the standout service by our server, Sammy. She was knowledgable and gave us spot on recommendations throughout the entire evening. We are already talking about our next visit to Ogonquit, and Five-O is at the top of the list! Thank you for a very enjoyable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous!GraniteStateFoodLoversDined on 8/25/2014Delicious all around! Love the tapas, crudo, oysters, cheeses, mushroom ragout: outstanding. The cod cakes are still a little dense. We ordered the chicken (melt in our mouths) & lobster en croute this time, much too much truffle oil (a little goes a long way) to give the full 5 stars. The cocktails were cold & fresh, so good! Thank you for the delightful window table this time. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!YoAEatsDined on 8/24/2014We were in Ogunquit for vacation and ate at several places but the Five-O was by far our favorite!! Food was absolutely excellent. I recommend the Bolognese. Outstanding!!Special Features:
- A dinner mustNeezoDined on 8/22/2014I have been going back to Five-O for the past five years while enjoying girls weekend away. Every meal has been sensational and the warm olives are outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything the reviews say it is!LuvgoodfoodDined on 8/22/2014Very welcoming and friendly staff. The food was everything the reviews say! We had the small plates to start. The mushroom and leek ragu was delicious as was the fried oysters and artichoke aranicini. For entrees we had the tuna and chicken. Both were seasoned and cooked to perfection. For desert we had the blueberry Tar c homemade ice cream was the perfect end to a wonderful dinner. Excellent wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerFoodiefromVTDined on 8/21/2014Lovely romantic meal, food was great to outstanding, attentive staff. Would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014food was tasty - acoustics horrible! couldn't hear each other speak - waited in a line of 5 women for bathroom - bathroom was like a gas station bathroom- too many tables too close together - tough to walk past needed to turn sideways -gnocchi was excellent - grass fed tenderloin was too rare - asked for medium
- Wonderful restaurantJPFPharmDDined on 8/20/2014Picked this place based on other reviews on yelp. Got what was expected... good food, good service, and perfect for date night to the playhouse. We were there 2 hours before the show with a reservation. Ample seating available at 6 PM on a Saturday where no reservation seemed to be needed. Servers were VERY attentive. Food service was perfect with the exception of dessert. The kitchen must have been RIDICULOUSLY backed up. We specifically decided NOT to order the dessert stating requires 10 min to cook, and it still to 25 min a mediocre dessert. Overall, I would definitely recommend five 0 for dinner. We ordered the 3 piece app ( chicken pate, fried pickles and a cheese). We ordered the gnocchi and spicy lobster pasta. Both were A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five-OOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2014We have dined here yearly on our August vacation and are usually quite impressed, but this time less so. Some of the apps/small plates were excellent, entrees were just okay. There were huge gaps between courses without check-in from the waitress for drinks. I would give it another chance.Special Features:
- ZosterVIPDined on 8/18/2014Right from the start the service was terrific. The hostess gave us a really nice table. The waitress seemed to anticipate our needs. The pace was relaxed despite a crowd waiting. I had the special and it was one of the best meals I have eaten in years!Special Features:
- Very Disappointed!LoveMaineDined on 8/18/2014I made reservations in early July for August and asked for a table with a view because it's my husband's birthday. When my husband and I were seated we DID in fact get a table with a view. A VIEW of the kitchen even though there were tables up front by the window. Twice staff coming out of the kitchen bumped into the menus on the table, once splashing my drink onto my bread plate. Our waitress finally took our order 35 minutes after we were seated although it wasnt her fault because she had 5 tables seated within a few minutes of each other.She came rushing by on her way into the kitchen asking how the chowder was but didnt even pause for our answer. Next year we will go back to Angellinas for the great food, service, and warm atmosphere
- Fantastic!YummymommyDined on 8/16/2014One of the best dining experiences I have ever had! Amazing food and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats!luv2dineDined on 8/16/2014We only had 2 nites in Ogunquid, Me. Friday and Saturday. Glad we made reservations a few days ahead. The food was terrific here. The Olive oil and Orange Cake was stellar! I also liked the tappas style appetizers as it gives a chance to sample a few interesting things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Ogunquit GemAAH80Dined on 8/15/2014From Apps to Entree's really solid food. Waitress was knowledgeable and on point. We will return in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Book'em, Danno"eatgoodDined on 8/15/2014A very nice dining experience. Excellent menu variety. Outstanding food. Tough call between "Gulf of Maine" and "Maine Lobster" entrees. Wanted both. Chose latter. Yum. Attentive but not fawning service. Crying infants and shrieking very young children detracted from the ambiance. Would return in a heartbeat for the food. Place diners with infants and small kids in a separate room to foster better ambiance in the main dining room?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatMarkdvtDined on 8/14/2014Five-O has become one of our standards over the past few years when visiting Ogunquit. The menu stays fresh and creative. We have been lucky enough to have the same great server for the past 3 years and now we just say "feed us". We pick the wine from a respectable list and she brings the food. They are great about splitting plates so we can sample as many things as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Amazing food and lovely staff. It was the perfect last night to a beautiful holiday in Ogunquit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.