Five - O
50 Shore Road
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Five - O
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.five-oshoreroad.com/
- Phone: 207- 646-5001x
- Hours of Operation:
7 nights each week beginning at 5pm
7 nights each week beginning at 5pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Walter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Five-O will gladly host your private functions or special events. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Five-O will gladly host your private functions or special events. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey Porter 2076465001x
- Special Events: Five-O – hosts monthly Wine Dinners in the off Season.
Demonstration Wine Dinner – Friday, April 11, 2014 @ 6:30
A word from Five - O
Once in a while, a restaurant comes along that captures the essence of a place and a particular time better than any other, Five-O has that magic, and defines a night out in Ogunquit. Its sophisticated with high style, always fun, service is well-paced and the food is excellent.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Five - O - Best Restaurants in Ogunquit ›
Five - O reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (109)special occasion (93)romantic (74)neighborhood gem (58)vibrant bar scene (37)notable wine list (33)hot spot (29)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (21)great for brunch (16)scenic view (16)late-night find (14)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great MemoriesOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/30/2014We have a great meal at Five-O several times during each summer. The service is excellent along with the views - fireworks on the 4th or people watching most nights. The food is wonderful as is the wine list. A place to come home to for our family.Special Features:
- Chowder!!LoriwDined on 8/30/2014The best Clam Chowder I've ever tasted. Full of clams!!! Loved the pineapple drink too. Awesome. Pretty noisy on a Saturday nite, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Had a 7 pm reservation arrived at 6 50 was informed there would be a 10 minute wait. Went to bar 45 minutes later we still were not seated. Went to check said would be 5 minutes more. Food was good up until entrees arived. Filet was paired with farro not a great choice but that is a personal preference,my wife had a roasted cod which was toataly raw inside . Waitress was absolutly fantastic . Bent over backwards to make it right offered a free dessert i would have thought the manager would have got involved maybe comp my wifes meal but did not happen . Wont go back
- Wonderful as UsualDependable66VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I ordered different dishes that we have in the past and they were spectacular. We chose five of the small plates...each one was really good. The Bolognese was delicious. Since we are Italian we usually do not order pasta out. I'm glad we did. I had the fish special and that was great too. When you are in Ogunquit, Five-O is a must.Special Features:
- Best food in OgunquitRosalieDined on 8/29/2014Maine, especially Portland, has some outstanding restaurants and this one fits the bill. Our server was attentive, pleasant and knowledgeable of both the menu and wine list. Branzini which is hard to find on any menu was the best I have ever had. Mussels were prepared in a tasty not over powerful sauce. Tried the dessert sampler which was a fun way to end the evening. Only complaint was the noise level, but on a weekend in Ogunquit, that is the normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars for Five - OOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The best food I have ever eaten can be found at this wonderful gem of a restaurant. If you go you must try the Truffled Lobster en Croute. It is absolutely fabulous. The ambiance is very romantic. Service is professional and courteous. I loved this place and can't wait to go back when we vacation in Ogunquit again next year.Special Features:
- Glad we wentLilyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Five-0 is always on our short list of dining options when we are in Ogunquit, but we haven't been in a few years. We were glad that we went this year. Food was very tasty overall. Almost passed on the lobster because of the quinoa but it worked and was delicious unlike the yellowfin which the bok Choy/turnip mix was an odd combo and not as successful in our opinion. We loved our apps and the dessert sampler with tiny renditions of their offerings. Great when you just want a little something sweet to finish. Service spot on. We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timers!DelishDined on 8/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the selection of food and drinks Five-O offers! The food was fresh and top quality. A great place for both, foodies or any one willing to step out of the box and try an all around decadent meal! We were also pleased with the standout service by our server, Sammy. She was knowledgable and gave us spot on recommendations throughout the entire evening. We are already talking about our next visit to Ogonquit, and Five-O is at the top of the list! Thank you for a very enjoyable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous!GraniteStateFoodLoversDined on 8/25/2014Delicious all around! Love the tapas, crudo, oysters, cheeses, mushroom ragout: outstanding. The cod cakes are still a little dense. We ordered the chicken (melt in our mouths) & lobster en croute this time, much too much truffle oil (a little goes a long way) to give the full 5 stars. The cocktails were cold & fresh, so good! Thank you for the delightful window table this time. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!YoAEatsDined on 8/24/2014We were in Ogunquit for vacation and ate at several places but the Five-O was by far our favorite!! Food was absolutely excellent. I recommend the Bolognese. Outstanding!!Special Features:
- A dinner mustNeezoDined on 8/22/2014I have been going back to Five-O for the past five years while enjoying girls weekend away. Every meal has been sensational and the warm olives are outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything the reviews say it is!LuvgoodfoodDined on 8/22/2014Very welcoming and friendly staff. The food was everything the reviews say! We had the small plates to start. The mushroom and leek ragu was delicious as was the fried oysters and artichoke aranicini. For entrees we had the tuna and chicken. Both were seasoned and cooked to perfection. For desert we had the blueberry Tar c homemade ice cream was the perfect end to a wonderful dinner. Excellent wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerFoodiefromVTDined on 8/21/2014Lovely romantic meal, food was great to outstanding, attentive staff. Would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014food was tasty - acoustics horrible! couldn't hear each other speak - waited in a line of 5 women for bathroom - bathroom was like a gas station bathroom- too many tables too close together - tough to walk past needed to turn sideways -gnocchi was excellent - grass fed tenderloin was too rare - asked for medium
- Wonderful restaurantJPFPharmDDined on 8/20/2014Picked this place based on other reviews on yelp. Got what was expected... good food, good service, and perfect for date night to the playhouse. We were there 2 hours before the show with a reservation. Ample seating available at 6 PM on a Saturday where no reservation seemed to be needed. Servers were VERY attentive. Food service was perfect with the exception of dessert. The kitchen must have been RIDICULOUSLY backed up. We specifically decided NOT to order the dessert stating requires 10 min to cook, and it still to 25 min a mediocre dessert. Overall, I would definitely recommend five 0 for dinner. We ordered the 3 piece app ( chicken pate, fried pickles and a cheese). We ordered the gnocchi and spicy lobster pasta. Both were A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five-OOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2014We have dined here yearly on our August vacation and are usually quite impressed, but this time less so. Some of the apps/small plates were excellent, entrees were just okay. There were huge gaps between courses without check-in from the waitress for drinks. I would give it another chance.Special Features:
- ZosterVIPDined on 8/18/2014Right from the start the service was terrific. The hostess gave us a really nice table. The waitress seemed to anticipate our needs. The pace was relaxed despite a crowd waiting. I had the special and it was one of the best meals I have eaten in years!Special Features:
- Very Disappointed!LoveMaineDined on 8/18/2014I made reservations in early July for August and asked for a table with a view because it's my husband's birthday. When my husband and I were seated we DID in fact get a table with a view. A VIEW of the kitchen even though there were tables up front by the window. Twice staff coming out of the kitchen bumped into the menus on the table, once splashing my drink onto my bread plate. Our waitress finally took our order 35 minutes after we were seated although it wasnt her fault because she had 5 tables seated within a few minutes of each other.She came rushing by on her way into the kitchen asking how the chowder was but didnt even pause for our answer. Next year we will go back to Angellinas for the great food, service, and warm atmosphere
- Fantastic!YummymommyDined on 8/16/2014One of the best dining experiences I have ever had! Amazing food and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats!luv2dineDined on 8/16/2014We only had 2 nites in Ogunquid, Me. Friday and Saturday. Glad we made reservations a few days ahead. The food was terrific here. The Olive oil and Orange Cake was stellar! I also liked the tappas style appetizers as it gives a chance to sample a few interesting things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Ogunquit GemAAH80Dined on 8/15/2014From Apps to Entree's really solid food. Waitress was knowledgeable and on point. We will return in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Book'em, Danno"eatgoodDined on 8/15/2014A very nice dining experience. Excellent menu variety. Outstanding food. Tough call between "Gulf of Maine" and "Maine Lobster" entrees. Wanted both. Chose latter. Yum. Attentive but not fawning service. Crying infants and shrieking very young children detracted from the ambiance. Would return in a heartbeat for the food. Place diners with infants and small kids in a separate room to foster better ambiance in the main dining room?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatMarkdvtDined on 8/14/2014Five-O has become one of our standards over the past few years when visiting Ogunquit. The menu stays fresh and creative. We have been lucky enough to have the same great server for the past 3 years and now we just say "feed us". We pick the wine from a respectable list and she brings the food. They are great about splitting plates so we can sample as many things as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Amazing food and lovely staff. It was the perfect last night to a beautiful holiday in Ogunquit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never to returnrobbielouDined on 8/14/2014We've walked by 5-0 on many trips to Ogunquit and finally decided to try it. It was memorable only for its shortcomings - bartenders were pretentious and snotty with no reason to be other than being "full of themselves". The cocktail list was humdrum. We were seated in the dining room right next to a really loud table with several rambunctious teenagers. The service was unspeakably poor. Appetizers appeared before bread (which finally showed up just about the time that entrees arrived). The only good thing about the meal was making the decision not to linger over dessert. If I'm spending that kind of money - I want what I want, good food, good service and pleasant atmosphere. There should be a noise level rating of obnoxiously loud.
- Still the best in OgunquitCTFoodiesDined on 8/14/2014We have a summer home on a lake in Maine and every year, when we put away the charcoal grill and lobster bibs, we make a pilgrimage to Five-O. The food and service are excellent and we love the charm of Ogunquit. This year was no exception. For starters, the young greens salad and pasta bolognese were both spectacular. Our entrees, roasted chicken and the cod special, and the dessert sampler were all excellent. We will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMrsRDined on 8/13/2014You can't go wrong here. I would have rated Five - O a 4.5 if possible. We arrived an hour early so we could sit in the bar and have a cocktail before dinner. We decided to order appetizers. The warm on lives as well as the mushroom ragout were delicious. We were promptly seated a few minutes before the reservation time. My husband and I ordered pasta dishes and we each loved what we ordered. The blueberry filled pastry with blueberry sorbet for dessert was delish! Our server was very good. The only area of improvement in our opinion is the wine list. We didn't feel there was a great selection.Special Features:
- Just OKdiner10Dined on 8/12/2014I was a little disappointed overall with my experience at 5-0. The food wasn't anything extraordinary and the service left a lot to be desired. We waited quite a while for the waitress to even come to the table (I had to ask someone else if we could get drinks.) She didn't seem particularly interested in serving us - for example, as soon as I gave my dinner order she turned away, never asking if I wanted anything else (which I did - I also ordered a salad.) The noise level was surprisingly high so it is not an intimate place. All in all it wasn't horrible, but I won't go back nor will I recommend it.
- Terrible ExperiencenothappyDined on 8/9/2014I'm not one to write reviews, I have worked in several restaurants in the past, and understand a busy Sat night at a restuarant. This had to have been one of the worst dining experiences of my life, and I have eaten here before. The bartender was rude when we ordered our drinks. We were seated 20 min late for our reservation I made weeks ago. The service was so slow, made us wait for drinks and bread. The lobster was ok but not worth the price, the manager said it was 1 1/2 lb lobster, it was just the tail and it was just ok- so NOT worth $40. The steak was ok, over seasoned with salt. Mussels appetizer again unappealing, small mussels. Salad was standard. The manager was rude at the end of our meal when we told him about our experience
- McjcVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was excellent as always. Unfortunately, the noise level was unbearable and made conversation impossible.Special Features:
- When in Ogunquit you MUST eat here!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014We LOVE Five-O! We ate here nearly a year ago solely based on Open Table recommendations. When in Ogunquit again, we planned a return and this meal was outstanding too. The warm olives from the small plate selections are an absolute favorite....loaded with garlic and deliciousness. My husband had a magnificent heirloom tomato and burrata salad which he felt was worthy of ascension to heaven. I had a delicious, creamy smooth vichyssoise. My entree was a fabulous cod while hubby had tagliatelle with bolognese. Dessert was an ethereal cheesecake and coffee. Our server, Sammy, was the best and the whole experience was a delight. Our only complaint is that Five-0 isn't closer to where we live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find in Ogunquitjmkeller02Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent spot for dinner! Great food and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lobsterWsb112711Dined on 8/1/2014The libster and quinua was delicious, but the server was slowly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service!katie1Dined on 8/1/2014Right on time with our reservation, we were shown to corner table by a window as we previously requested. Our waitress was exceptional, personable and knowledgeable - assisted us with our wine selection and even helped with a small stain on a white shirt…. We ordered homemade pasta with meat sauce - superb; less successful was the branzini - too thin and slightly overcooked (blackened), I had some suspicion about the absolute freshness of the fish, but it wasn't awful. Excellent pineapple martinis - cool and refreshing, not overly sweet. Parking was a problem, the lot was full and we had to drive around for an available space nearby. We felt that if there is valet parking offered, it should be adequate for the restaurant capacity...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mimi63Dined on 8/1/2014Drinks were phenomenal!! Small plates were tasty, interesting. Dessert was to die for! Entrees were lacking taste and over- priced for what we received. Unflavored and uninspired. Pretentious that salt and pepper were not on the table and the entrees certainly could have used them.Special Features:
- A family favorite !Mot5luvDined on 7/29/2014We always dine at The Five-0 when we visit Ogunquit! It has become a family tradition. Food and service always an A+.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.chefangeDined on 7/28/2014We enjoyed every aspect of our dinner. The food and service were great. Everything was properly seasoned. The only thing we didn't love was the blueberry crostada that was on our dessert sampler. (it was a little dense) Stacey was very knowledgeable on the menu and provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelySweettooth32Dined on 7/26/2014The food was excellent. Had the Arancini and lobster - delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethDined on 7/24/2014Great service, great food, nice atmosphere. You can't go wrong!Special Features:
- creative regional diningBostonChloeDined on 7/22/2014Great dining experience. Local ingredients and off the boat fish prepared in a creative and interesting way. Small plates for sampling as well as appetizers, entries and desserts. Knowledgeable and friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.