3801 East Coast Highway
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625Neighborhood:
Corona del Mar
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thefivecrowns.com/
- Phone: (949) 760-0331
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm; Friday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Steve Kling
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our chef de cuisine Steve Kling can design a special menu for your occasion. Please call Sales and Marketing at (949) 760-1115 for menu descriptions.
A word from Five Crowns
Thank you for choosing the Five Crowns, a beautiful replica of one of England's oldest country inns in beautiful Corona del Mar. Dress code is casual. Should your plans change or if you are running late, please let us know. The award-winning food, wine list, exceptional service and unmistakable style that have made Five Crowns a dining legend since 1965 awaits you. We look forward to your visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Five Crowns - Best Restaurants in Corona del Mar ›
Five Crowns reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)romantic (80)neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (33)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Five Crowns dishes up an outstanding eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014I took my wife out for her Birthday and the table was quiet (well it was a Monday night) and the service was outstanding. We had just attended our daughters wedding rehearsal dinner the week before on the patio (a beautiful setting for such an event) and had a question regarding the wine served. The wine steward was gracious and came to our table to answer all of our questions. All in all an outstanding night and the food, as always, was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service disappointmentDisapointedDined on 11/15/2014We are preferred patrons and dine there for special occasions. We had to wait over 30 minutes for our entrees after our salads and my prime rib was not prepared to my request of medium. It was very rare. That episode was very surprising to us since we have patronized the restaurant for many years. Our waitress and her superior were very apologetic for the situation but it marred my birthday dinner somewhat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday Celebration!SurprisemarDined on 11/15/2014We were celebrating with friends & family my wife's 65th BD. Had 6:30 reservations, got there early & they seated right away to a round table for 5, right by the fireplace! Service, Patrick, was our waiter, was top notch the whole evening! ! He gave great choices, allowed you to change items on the menu, very attentive, everyone was. Water, coffee, plates cleaned, etc was always done promptly. Food was delicious, gave my wife a birthday lemon meringue dessert, plus we ordered the chocolate souffle! Totally enjoyed our evening! Prices are what you would expect, ambience was great. Thank you 5 Crowns, hope to return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for prime rib.TeamWeichmanDined on 11/15/2014We have been enjoying this place for over 30+ years...just a great place for the choice prime rib..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Has been a couple of years but found this restaurant has turned from a fun and exciting destination to flat and boring. First disappointment was the online menu did not match the actual menu, especially when you're looking forward to the Lobster Bisque and found it missing. The service was good however I felt our waiter (dressed and groomed rather shabby) was reciting from a written descriptions and was in a hurry. I was also looking forward to their Rack of Lamb that was no longer on the menu and replaced with a Lamb Sirloin, good but nothing exciting or inventive. Another thing I like in high end restaurants is a featured dinner presentation. When I asked I got the "Deer in the headlights" stare.
- Good Night outLovethisplaceDined on 11/6/2014If I have to uses just one word Outstanding!!! Thanks youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Five CrownsChevy1956Dined on 11/5/2014I made a reservation for my wife's birthday surprise and from the moment we entered the staff wished her a happy birthday. She felt very special and honored The food was awesome and our server was teriffic. I cant wait to go again Thank yoy Five CrownsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr M LaceyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/4/2014Once again, a fabulous experience. Best birthday ever!Special Features:
- jirdenDined on 11/2/2014As always, the food was excellent. Service was good. Ordering prime rib at any of the Lawry's restaurants is always a treat.Special Features:
- Old SchoolBHDinerDined on 11/1/2014We have moved away from the area 15 years ago. Had been eating here for 15 years before that. Were in town and went back for the memories. Food was as good as remembered!! Great Prime Rib!!Special Features:
- It's Great BUT.....................StreamlinerVIPDined on 10/30/2014When we arrived a young, bearded, skinny man in what I would call "hipster" dress, including jeans and sneakers, said " Hi, how ya doin" as he walked through the foyer. I asked my wife "do we know him?" She was as dumbfounded as I was. Later, we find out that he is "one of the managers." No offense, but a manager at a place like FC should be clean cut and dressed in a white shirt, jacket & TIE! As patrons who remember FC from BEFORE it changed dramatically, regardless of how good the F & S is, it is heartbreaking to see things like the Home-Depot-Like ultra tacky light fixtures recently installed in the once romantic "Main Dining Room," or the "Dansk-Outlet-Store" stoneware crocks, etc. FC is still headed downhill and what a shame!Special Features:
- George ahadGeorgeahad1Dined on 10/27/2014Warm, nice spot ... Romantic .. I do recommend it for couples ... Good food ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Prime Rib DinnerFood4LifeDined on 10/26/2014If you are looking for the classic special occasion spot, then this is the place to go to. The somewhat old english house atmosphere, complete with overstuffed rolling chairs, and dim lighting. The crowd is older too, but suprisingly the music was sort of the Garden State Soundtrack with occasional country or an Eagles song in there. The food is good, but not great, they did the prime rib well, but for what it costs it should have been better. The service was very nice, and what you would expect for a high end resturant. This was a first time to this resaurant and it will probably be the last - wanted to experiance the place, but once is enough.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnereztuplzDined on 10/23/2014Our anniversary was really great at Five Crowns. We've been going there for years and enjoy it each time. To start things off we were offered complementary champagne to celebrate our anniversary. We ordered the Filet Mignon for two. Done too perfection with a superb presentation. Pumpkin cheesecake for desert. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:
- Still goodEaterVIPDined on 10/22/2014Service great though we missed the females. Food portions smaller but prime rib is great. Yorkshire pudding little overdone. Complimentary birthdat desert much appreciated. The place was quiet! Hooray!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib is getting saltier...MichieDined on 10/18/2014Last time I went to Five Crowns, I thought their famous prime rib was getting saltier. This time, I ordered a lamb dish and my hubby got the same prime rib. I tried a couple of bite of his prime rib and got really shocked. It's just salty...before any other flavor, the saltiness came up and didn't taste anything else anymore...what's going on? Also, again last time, I got the latte at the end. It was not hot at all...colder than lukewarm and this time, almost just cold. I'm wondering if they have ever tested their espresso machine... We still like the overall experience at Five Crowns but after these 2, we will not come back for a while...Special Features:
- IloveagoodsteakDined on 10/18/2014We have been to Five Crowns a number of times but never upstairs. What a pleasant experience. Great service, great food and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Always enjoyablealphonso14VIPDined on 10/17/2014What are you looking for A special occasion restaurant or just a quiet evening for a relaxing dinner the five crowns is always greatSpecial Features:
- Lawrys VIP Member??BummedInOCDined on 10/11/2014Checked in (for reservation) with a very average hostess; asked if VIP member. When we replied no, felt like we received the "other" seating and a random server and an even worse/nastier (if possibly) person delivering our food to the table. We've been here many times before but were so unhappy this time, we probably won't go back again due to overall service/server.
- Birthday dinnerDRodriguezDined on 10/10/2014It was my wife's birthday and didn't wanted to drive too far from Monarch Beach. We'd been into Lawry's in Beverly Hills several times but was never impressed. The amount of food is what always make us go back. This time was different as not only the quantity was excellent but the quality was superb! We already made plans to go back this weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationSissyDined on 10/9/2014Went the other night and had a very good experience. Perfect for my daughter birthday. Was served by Omar who was awesome and always made sure we were okay. Definitely would recommend this place to other families looking for a nice night out to a classy restaurant. When you go ask for Omar he is awesome. What a wonderful evening! Omar did a great job and made the evening extra special for my daughter. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DrummerDrmdrmDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant is about 60 miles from my home so after a long drive, I was looking forward to an enjoyable evening. The receptionist was very accommodating. We were seated in the main dining room and it was very comfortable. The waiters and other servers were top notch with no complaints. The food was good but compared to Ruth Chris or Fleming s, not so much. I asked for an end cut of prime beef and I received an end sliver - about a quarter inch of burnt meat. My wife had a Filet and said it did not have much flavor. The sides were very good. We especially enjoy the chocolate souffle. The trip was well worth this amazing dessert. We may come back but it would be for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don1Dined on 10/1/2014My wife and I were celebrating her birthday at the restaurant and the table attendant brought her a small cup of dessert with a candle on it. That was a real surprise to her and very appreciated. We had very nice evening with excellent food and good wine, and service. We hope to go back some day and recommend Five Crowns highly to any one .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a perfect eveningHeinz57Dined on 9/28/2014The Five Crowns is a very fine restaurant with great food and fine ambiance. We had the Filet for two and it was cooked to perfection and the mushrooms and asparagus were cooked perfectly as were he mashed potatoes. The "Ambassador of Good Will" Tommy is delightful and makes your dining experience really special. The only negative was the fact that when the restaurant called to confirm my reservation, I mentioned that it was my wife's birthday and they seemed to have forgotten that. This, however, may have been because we ordered one of their special deserts at the beginning of the meal. Overall, it was an outstanding experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- Luv2dineInLALuv2dineInLADined on 9/28/2014I've dined at Five Crowns many, (many) times over the years. The service and food are ALWAYS exemplary, this dining experience was no difference. Although known for their prime rib, I prefer this sister store of the Lawry's the Prime Rib for their "other than Prime Rib" menu. Starting the meal with the artichoke appetizer was just enough for two, the wedge salad is one of my personal favorites as it has large pieces of bacon and chives (not onions), the roasted chicken is my personal favorite. Since we are celebrating a birthday (mine) I was gifted a beautifully presented triffel. All in all a delightfully delicious experience.Special Features:
- No longer the Five Crowns of oldLammasDined on 9/22/2014No longer owned by the Lawrys Group. No more waitress w white cap. Popovers were tiny. Food served within 3 min of ordering. Not how I remember it and won't go again :(
- my favorite restaurant in NBOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014I had a dinner with my children and a guest. I felt like the size of prime rib got smaller, but it was all good overall.Special Features:
- Special PlaceJonTDined on 9/20/2014My wife and i have been coming to this restaurant for over twenty years, mostly to celebrate our wedding anniversaries. We spent 2 1/2 hours enjoying the atmosphere which was romantic and quiet (even though it was fairly busy on a Sat evening and had a reception in their outdoor garden). Our server was excellent and didn't "rush" us so we could enjoy the evening. Will continue to celebrate our special occassions at this fantastic restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a special occasion even betterNeighborsDined on 9/15/2014Can't say enough about the great staff -- they make special occasions very special in their fine dining area and yet they also know how to make you feel right at home in their casual Side Door pub next door. It is truly a gem in Corona del Mar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great place to have a romantic quiet dinner, I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerSpecialEveningDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary this weekend and had dinner at Five Crowns, one of our favorite restaurants. Everything was fantastic!! We were greeted at the front with a Happy Anniversary by the hostess. The waitress Karin was wonderful and very attentive and the food was delicious as always. It was a great evening!Special Features:
- Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014We both had the most delectable Prime Rib dinner imaginable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Food was absolutely delicious !!! Service was top notch !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimSBDined on 9/6/2014All Lawry's restaurants are NOT created equal. After dining at the Las Vegas location, we were highly impressed. Tried both the Five Crowns and Tam O'Shanter. Had mediocre food at both....nothing like their Vegas counterpart. Will not be returning to either...but may make the trip to Vegas just to dine there again!!!
- Good experience.FlipDined on 9/5/2014Good experience. Excellent food. Outstanding service. Friendly place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theatergoerDined on 9/4/2014Melt in your mouth tender, delicious prime rib! Excellent, friendly, attentive service!Special Features:
- nickDined on 8/31/2014the service was great and the food (prime rib) was excellentSpecial Features:
- Excellent as alwaysMichieDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant has been the place to go when "we want to get pampered with great foods and service" and "want great protein!" for my husband and me. This time, we brought 3 friends. 1 married couple and 1 close friend. The couple had never been. We had a great time/experience/food. Probably, we were noisy for the other groups (sorry...). This couple just signed the contract to buy a new house on that day and we celebrated that. We are definitely going back again.Special Features:
- Great food!LoveCDMDined on 8/30/2014Service great - server Phil. Food great. Will go back.Special Features:
- An old friendzoomboyDined on 8/30/2014For many years 5 Crowns has been our "go to" place for Anniversaries, Birthdays or other special events. It is also the place we choose when just the two of us want a quality dinner. We appreciate most of the changes and can count on the quality of service and food. We have visited your Tam O'Shanter and Lawry's and they are all good. However, we still prefer our local favorite-5 Crowns.Special Features: