5100 Daggett Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fivebistro.com/
- Phone: 3147735553x
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm to 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Devoti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our partnership with local farmers allows us to offer a large selection of appetizers and desserts created with fresh, seasonal ingredients. Dinner selections can also be designed with your personal input through our catering manager.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Tamara Room provides a warm and comfortable space, seating approximately 50 guests and providing the perfect background for an extraordinary dining experience. Wooden room dividers ensure your guests privacy and quiet from an adjacent room.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Devoti 3147735553x
- Special Events: We host 5-course wine dinners once a month. Please sign up on our website to join our email list for more information.
A word from Five Bistro
Our menu features familiar, crowd-pleasing items, as well as a wide-range of dishes with ethnic flair. We prepare from scratch and use the freshest, organic, and natural ingredients possible. Our menu changes daily, to reflect not just seasonal availability, but also to provide a constant variety sourced from our local farmers. Quality products and service keep regular customers coming back and pique the interest of the new customer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Five Bistro - Best Restaurants in The Hill ›
Five Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (42)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (9)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/20/2014Five seeming outdoes itself constantly. In the years we have been going the food has only gotten continually better in terms of choices, variety etc. The Chef is terrific as is the rest of the staff and this has become probably our favorite restaurant in St Louis. Almost always disappointed when for "novelty"we may try a "new" hot restaurant without naming names. Special thanks go to the servers, the bartender and sommelier, Lauren who is terrific in pairing wine with food and making great cocktails. And Bonnie and Joe are just great real people up front. This is a gem in this city and compares very well with great restaurants in other cities as well.Special Features:
- Our Favorite!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014We have never been disappointed with any item we have ordered. The menu is always so creative as well as the presentation plus we love the little surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!ESG1VIPDined on 9/13/2014Lovely evening,great food and wine. Had the four course menu with wine pairings...everything was presented beautifully and tasted delicious.Special Features:
- Best hidden spotAngTDined on 9/12/2014I could never say too many great things about Five Bistro because we LOVE it so much! Every time we go we fall a little bit more in love with it. The food is exceptional and the serice is always awesome! Alisha is the best waitress we have ever encountered. She is so knowledgable about what is being served and does a great job explaining everything from the food, to the wine pairings and the locally sourced ingredients. We never leave hungry, which has happened at other fine dining establishments we have visited and are always impressed by the quality and originality of the food. And the price, can't be beat! We have spent a lot of money dining out, and have found the best place, is a little, non-Italian restaurant on the Hill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Bistroluv2dineDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is great for a special occasion. I have a gluten sensitivity and they were great about accommodating me and creating a wonderful meal. Very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the locavore menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014always outstanding. Four course tasting menu is the best - portions are appropriate for a satisfying dining experience. Chef will work with dietary restrictions. One of my favorite restaurants and is a St. Louis gem.Special Features:
- Would rate it as a B+TuesdayDined on 9/12/2014Very enjoyable; nice atmsophere; food was very good; selection of foods good. Very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We all loved our dinners. The trout was superb, as was the Chanterelle Pasta and the deserts. Good wine list, good service, nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good news and bad newsMaryEdDined on 8/26/2014Five Bistro has a terrific chef--innovative and tasteful. The wait is too long. We waited 3 hours to get served on a very quiet evening. Speed it up and you will have a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014Sweet Corn Panna Cotta...amazing. Everything was wonderful, great service, fun menu, another perfect evening at Five Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very diverse menustlguyDined on 8/14/2014Impressed with the multiple and diverse ingredients in every dish. Not a meat and potatoes restaurant. It is all about specially prepared items and tasting. The charcuterie alone had 10-15 items which were very good. A good find for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMax007Dined on 8/9/2014I enjoyed my first trip to Five Bistro. The food was good, server was knowledgeable and kind and it was a nice experience. I had the ribeye, which was delicious, but I would like to have had more of the spaghetti squash. The steak was huge, and the sides were very small. That being said, it was all very good and I have already recommended it to 2 different people.Special Features:
- A great placeSammyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and even better service. The 4 course prix-fixe option is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousH2ShoesDined on 8/9/2014We had an amazing dinner. The salad was excellent. The entree were amazing. Prices are great. The meal was one of the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendFoodieDined on 8/5/2014One of our best meals by far, this was very memorable. The meal is farm to table and most is locally sourced. We chose to go with the 4 courses and wine pairings. The sommelier and waiter presented everything beautifully to our table. The sommelier is impressive, ask her anything and she knows the answer. She pairs the wines wonderfully with each meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceLuv2eatDined on 8/5/2014Especially affable and knowledgable wait/bar staff. Interesting presentation of local seasonal items; relatively simple preparation letting the food shine through. House made charcuterie platter a winner. Service attentive but unhurried. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingimpressedDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner at Five Bistro for the first time based on the excellent reviews on line. The food and dining experience were indeed outstanding. Jacob our server was friendly and knowledgeable. Having a sommelier was really a sophisticated addition; she was very helpful with wine selection and we enjoyed the dry rose from Bodacher (spelling?). We enjoyed the fried eggplant and ravioli as appetizers; then the roast was perfectly cooked; the desserts were equally delicious, light, and a perfect ending to a fabulous meal. Really, the meal was one of the best I've enjoyed in St. Louis. It is admittedly price-y but completely matches the the quality of the meal.Special Features:
- Truly a TreatWannabeFoodieDined on 8/2/2014This was my third time dining at Five Bistro. I always get the Prix Fix with Wine Pairings. I have yet to have a bad meal here. Everything is so delicious! I wish I could afford to eat here more often. The chef is clearly skilled and talented. The service was exceptional. We actually had a private joke going just to see if we could ever actually finish a glass of water because they were constantly topping us off. This is a dining experience - the whole meal takes about 3 hours. It was timed well for discussion and digestive breaks between courses, but never so long that we were wondering where our food was. Our server was prompt, attentive, but never intrusive. I cannot find a single thing to complain about at this restaurant. LOVE!Special Features:
- WonderfulEastsiderVIPDined on 8/1/2014A lovely space, gracious service and the food inspired The menu changes depending on ingredients Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better each visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014We've dined at FIVE many times and have always been delighted. It is a real gem. Food is very inventive, beautifully plated and delicious. And the tasting menu is such a great value, especially during week. Very leisure dining experience-nothing rushed or hurried. Staff is well trained and helpful. As the menu changes frequently, each visit is a chance to try something new and wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceAngTDined on 7/24/2014We have been to Five Bistro on two seperate occasions now and have loved it both times! The menu is inventive and expertly executed. The use of local ingredients is not only good for the planet, it's also great for the palette! The garden veggies that are grown on site and the protein from local sources have a freshness that can not be described adequately in words. The staff are knowledgable and friendly and took care to explain each dish and make sure everything was what we had expected. We had such an amazing dinner and didn't walk out feeling hungry or broke (which has happened to us before at other facilities).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find Your Way to Five BistroGBebenseeDined on 7/22/2014Elegant, thoughtfully prepared food, much of it fresh from the garden out back. Beautiful presentation. These people are serious about the food they serve, and they're serious about sourcing food locally. Every course was amazing-- creative, delicious, complex but minimalist. Relaxed atmosphere. Knowledgeable staff. Eating here is a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charcuterie plate is the way to goPjf405VIPDined on 7/16/2014Just went to FiveBistro this week for dinner. It was amazing! We had the 4-course prefix option -- Incredible food and service!! Every dish surpassed our expectation. Personalized, attentive service and farm to table food served in creative ways. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Five Bistro, a Fortunate Find!siuegalDined on 7/15/2014Dinner at Five Bistro on a Tuesday evening with three of my closest grad school friends was everything that a fine dining experience should be! We enjoyed our white sangria outside on the lovely patio and our dinner inside the well appointed dining room. Love the decor and art! Our meals were excellent and between us we had the beef, pork and fish options which were fresh, tasty and lovely to look at. Our server Jessa was excellent, not intrusive but attentive, very personable and pleasant! I'll definitely be back and let my friends know about this fortunate find on The Hill!Special Features:
- A dining experience!RealFoodDined on 7/12/2014As someone who has spent a great deal of time eating and working in fine dining restaurants, it is not often that I am pleased enough to write a "review" of a meal. Living in St. Louis, where the restaurant scene is highly overrated, I am often disappointed. FINALLY! I have had an experience worth writing about. I am sure Five is not for everyone. Most would scoff at beef heart, however you should really take a leap into culinary adventure and taste something that was prepared by a professional. It is clear that the kitchen at Five Bistro knows what they are doing. Care and attention to detail was obvious. My favorite dish of the evening was the tagliatelle starter. It's simple elegance was spot on! Everything was perfectly cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of St. LouisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014Look no further - the chef is innovative and manages to respect the individual ingredients while still elevating them as part of complex dishes. This is the best restaurant in Saint Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperiencehappyeatrDined on 7/9/2014Went for my parent's wedding anniversary and had the best dinner. From the knowledgeable wait staff to the innovative cocktails and, of course, the extremely talented chef... it was a night to remember. Absolutely loved this restaurant and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!NashvilleFoodieGirlVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is a true gem. This small farm-to-table find in the Hill will knock your socks off. Get the four course tasting menu. The gnocchi was lighter than air, and the flavors were absolutely perfect. The parsnip soup was silky and divine. The scallops seared perfectly. And the pannacotta is actually worth the entire trip. Jacob, our server, was warm, attentive, and knowledgable. This is a memorable experience for sure. One critique would be that they need music on the patio... But my iPod worked just fine. Go to Five Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarJuliaMcWilliamsDined on 6/28/2014Five Bistro is easily one of the best restaurants in the St. Louis area, perhaps even the Midwest. The food is fresh, clever and extremely well prepared. Five stays away from the often-found St. Louis theme of "more is better" and focuses on quality. The service is great from seating to service to farewell. Clearly a culinary gem.Special Features:
- Absolute stunner...GlobalGastronomiqueVIPDined on 6/24/2014I've thought about this for a bit before reviewing and both my dining partner and I walked away with the same experience. We are both huge foodies and have been fortunate enough to have dined in some of the best restaurants across the globe. The meal we had at Five was in the top 10 meals of our lives. We cannot understand why there isn't a line around the block to get into this place! Hands down a better French bistro than anything going in Manhattan at the moment, and we are frequent visitors there.Special Features:
- SuperbPamelaDined on 6/21/2014Each of the four courses was creative well thought out and DELICIOUS! Great service and all together wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with passionStacysDined on 6/20/2014It's easy to see that the chef and his family love their restaurant and have a passion for sharing it with othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdventurousheineDined on 6/17/2014Very interesting and always fresh menu makes this place well worthy of multiple visits. We had the full 4 courses; some of it was okay, but frankly everything was bold enough that a little miss is part of the adventure. But warn you many places would strive to serve this place's 'misses'. The lamb this evening was out of the world though and the smoked trout appetizer was amazing. We'll definitely try to visit again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Food was great. a little expensive- $29 for 2 scallopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did it againromsDined on 6/12/2014Awesome food, farm to table. Always fresh, small portions, full flavor!Special Features:
- Root & Vine 6 Course MealSandBVIPDined on 6/7/2014This special meal is definitely worth the $50.00 it costs. I only wish the portions were bigger so I could enjoy more of the delicious flavors.Special Features:
- Five reviewPickyEaterVIPDined on 5/31/2014My second fabulous meal at Five this month. I dined with 7 different people over the two occasions and everyone had a great meal. Fabulous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exquisite diningbirthdaydinner31Dined on 5/27/2014Earthy notes, meatlovers enjoy, different produce, excellent presentations and enjoyable cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 391 reviews are from the Five Bistro reviews archive.
- One of our favorite places!BQueenDined on 5/27/2014We're never disappointed with the menu at Five, and it's different every time we go. Love the decor, cozy atmosphere, personable service, nice bar; adventurous, delicious food.Special Features:
- AnllyVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was average, with so many restaurants in the same price level, and type of cuisine, we would just go to another similar restaurant where we liked the food better.