5100 Daggett Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fivebistro.com/
- Phone: (314) 773-5553
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm to 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Devoti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our partnership with local farmers allows us to offer a large selection of appetizers and desserts created with fresh, seasonal ingredients. Dinner selections can also be designed with your personal input through our catering manager.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Tamara Room provides a warm and comfortable space, seating approximately 50 guests and providing the perfect background for an extraordinary dining experience. Wooden room dividers ensure your guests privacy and quiet from an adjacent room.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Devoti 3147735553x
- Special Events: We host 5-course wine dinners once a month. Please sign up on our website to join our email list for more information.
A word from Five Bistro
Our menu features familiar, crowd-pleasing items, as well as a wide-range of dishes with ethnic flair. We prepare from scratch and use the freshest, organic, and natural ingredients possible. Our menu changes daily, to reflect not just seasonal availability, but also to provide a constant variety sourced from our local farmers. Quality products and service keep regular customers coming back and pique the interest of the new customer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Five Bistro - Best Restaurants in The Hill ›
Five Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (56)special occasion (44)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (36)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The food was very unique and all the flavors were outstanding. I had the squid, arugula salad, beef cheeks and double chocolate chip cookie desert. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Five Bistro is one of the most underrated places in St Louis. Small and sometimes limited menu often translates to some of the best meals. Our dinner was excellent. Great service as always. We will continue to return.Special Features:
- Nice meal & a good valueBlodgettlandingDined on 11/7/2014We decided to add a nice dinner to our trip so that it wasn't solely a college visit to WUSLT and we were not disappointed. Everything was good, but most dishes were excellent. For appetizers/starters, we especially liked the papardelle bolognese, the squid and the soup (something similar to butternut soup, but based on some other squash). For main courses, we liked the tuna and the bass (both prepared the same way) and the pork shoulder. The desserts were also great - profiteroles, date cake and apple sorbet. The service was attentive and the ambiance was nice, but not stuffy. The $45 4-course meal was a good value. We would go again the next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fantastic Dining ExperienceDateNightFoodExplorerDined on 11/1/2014Five Bistro is amazing. My fiance and I decided to go there for Date Night and couldn't have been happier. We each ordered the 4 course meal with wine pairings, but different food items within, which we each sampled, giving us both a taste of 8 total dishes. All of them were amazing. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wowed at every courseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Visiting the area and choose Five. Their Pre Fixe menu allows you to choose from theain menu for four courses. We did this with the wine pairing. Each course was a work of art, the wine perfectly matched and the flavor was awesome. Had the profiteroles for dessert-best I have ever eatenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Overlooked restaurant when looking for first tier food. If you have not tried Five Bistro, you should. The word "bistro" misled me before eating here. It is not my idea of simple food. It was excellent food.Special Features:
- Yum!shellyDined on 10/24/2014We chose the prix fixe menu with wine pairing. Each course was excellent, and the wine pairings were perfect. Some interesting and unexpected wines. The staff was knowledgeable and professional. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- farm to tablemmkwhiskeyDined on 10/23/2014absolute perfect farm to table sourcing and brilliance in food design and tasteSpecial Features:
- Great food & wine pairingsFanOfGoodSTLRestaurantsVIPDined on 10/23/2014My girlfriend and I agreed that the Harvest Wine dinner was one of the best we have ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxedVIPDined on 10/22/2014My only complaint, and it wouldn't keep me from returning, is the use of too much salt. The food is too good for that much salt.Special Features:
- excellent experiencediningdocDined on 10/18/2014We arrived early in the evening (first to be seated). From the moment the waitperson introduced herself - took drink orders and handed us the menus - the experience was lovely. the food was so well prepared - and (instead of talking about matching wines with the food) I would like to mention the "pairings of different types of veggies with meats, grains and well flavored - but not overpowering sauces was superb. We had cocktails first - so I cannot really compare the wine list at all - but we will return. There is a warmth to the vibe of the restaurant - and yet there is a subtle sophistication in the food preparation and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem That Will Bring Us BackLuvGoodEatsVIPDined on 10/18/2014We came to St. Louis to for a ball game. Using Open Table we found Five Bistro and when reading the reviews thought it looked to good to be true. Let me tell you, it's not. Five Bistro is incredible, we will drive the 3 hrs again just to come to dinner here. The food was fresh, delicious, creative, beautifully served and amazing. The the service was absolutely impeccable. The wine pairings were perfect, the ambience lovely (the place was busy but quiet and we didn't have to shout to hear each other across the table) and everyone was so friendly. Like I said, "we will make the drive" just to eat here again. Thank you Five Bistro for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- FleurdeLeeDined on 10/17/2014It was good. We had eaten prior at another place and popped in to try it for a new place to try. They were out of several items and that was announced to us right off the bat. But fortunately, we did not need to eat an entire meal or it would have been problematic. The servers were attentive to water glasses, bread and pouring the wine for us. Suggestion---maybe have 3-4 more entrees that they could offer in addition to the 4 that they had on the menu this evening...Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Went to this resturant for the first time, and it was fantastic. The 4 course meal with wine pairings is a must have! C'mon, would a complete stranger like me steer you wrong?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!Green650Dined on 10/14/2014I wish they had more stars on the rating's on OpenTable because Five Bistro deserves them. The service/staff were amazing! I had let them know it was our 8 year anniversary and we were treated with champagne and a few complimentary tastings from the chef! The food is simply some of the best I've had in a while. Everything is as fresh as you would ever want it to be and cooked perfectly. The flavors Chef Anthony Devoti is able to achieve is amazing. Everything was paired perfectly! I wish I could go there for every meal every day. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! We will definitely be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Customer every timeluv2dineDined on 10/14/2014If you want a romantic, quiet and absolutely tasteful food with local ingredients, FIVE is the place for you. Chef Devoti transforms your normal chicken and beef to something magnificent. Not to mention the refined décor and ambiance that is soothing and relaxing. The customer service is impeccable. We always enjoy our food as it's meant to be enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findtraveler23VIPDined on 10/11/2014This farm to table find is not just riding a trend but represents the best in sourcing and preparation of food. Have been there twice. Highly recommended. This chef knows what he's doing!!Special Features:
- A little disappointedlovegoodfoodDined on 10/11/2014Liked the concept but the food was not very good. Took a taxi from downtown and could not get one back for about 1 hour.
- Very niceJim01VIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a business dinner at Five Bistro and while I had heard good reviews, I was a little nervous bringing new clients to a restaurant I have never been to. Five Bistro did not disappoint. The food was outstanding as was the service. The menu is limited but the food is fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- The BestdrlungVIPDined on 9/20/2014Five seeming outdoes itself constantly. In the years we have been going the food has only gotten continually better in terms of choices, variety etc. The Chef is terrific as is the rest of the staff and this has become probably our favorite restaurant in St Louis. Almost always disappointed when for "novelty"we may try a "new" hot restaurant without naming names. Special thanks go to the servers, the bartender and sommelier, Lauren who is terrific in pairing wine with food and making great cocktails. And Bonnie and Joe are just great real people up front. This is a gem in this city and compares very well with great restaurants in other cities as well.Special Features:
- Our Favorite!!jj25Dined on 9/18/2014We have never been disappointed with any item we have ordered. The menu is always so creative as well as the presentation plus we love the little surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!ESG1VIPDined on 9/13/2014Lovely evening,great food and wine. Had the four course menu with wine pairings...everything was presented beautifully and tasted delicious.Special Features:
- Best hidden spotAngTDined on 9/12/2014I could never say too many great things about Five Bistro because we LOVE it so much! Every time we go we fall a little bit more in love with it. The food is exceptional and the serice is always awesome! Alisha is the best waitress we have ever encountered. She is so knowledgable about what is being served and does a great job explaining everything from the food, to the wine pairings and the locally sourced ingredients. We never leave hungry, which has happened at other fine dining establishments we have visited and are always impressed by the quality and originality of the food. And the price, can't be beat! We have spent a lot of money dining out, and have found the best place, is a little, non-Italian restaurant on the Hill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Bistroluv2dineDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is great for a special occasion. I have a gluten sensitivity and they were great about accommodating me and creating a wonderful meal. Very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the locavore menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014always outstanding. Four course tasting menu is the best - portions are appropriate for a satisfying dining experience. Chef will work with dietary restrictions. One of my favorite restaurants and is a St. Louis gem.Special Features:
- Would rate it as a B+TuesdayDined on 9/12/2014Very enjoyable; nice atmsophere; food was very good; selection of foods good. Very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We all loved our dinners. The trout was superb, as was the Chanterelle Pasta and the deserts. Good wine list, good service, nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good news and bad newsMaryEdDined on 8/26/2014Five Bistro has a terrific chef--innovative and tasteful. The wait is too long. We waited 3 hours to get served on a very quiet evening. Speed it up and you will have a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014Sweet Corn Panna Cotta...amazing. Everything was wonderful, great service, fun menu, another perfect evening at Five Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very diverse menustlguyDined on 8/14/2014Impressed with the multiple and diverse ingredients in every dish. Not a meat and potatoes restaurant. It is all about specially prepared items and tasting. The charcuterie alone had 10-15 items which were very good. A good find for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMax007Dined on 8/9/2014I enjoyed my first trip to Five Bistro. The food was good, server was knowledgeable and kind and it was a nice experience. I had the ribeye, which was delicious, but I would like to have had more of the spaghetti squash. The steak was huge, and the sides were very small. That being said, it was all very good and I have already recommended it to 2 different people.Special Features:
- A great placeSammyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food and even better service. The 4 course prix-fixe option is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousH2ShoesDined on 8/9/2014We had an amazing dinner. The salad was excellent. The entree were amazing. Prices are great. The meal was one of the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendFoodieDined on 8/5/2014One of our best meals by far, this was very memorable. The meal is farm to table and most is locally sourced. We chose to go with the 4 courses and wine pairings. The sommelier and waiter presented everything beautifully to our table. The sommelier is impressive, ask her anything and she knows the answer. She pairs the wines wonderfully with each meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceLuv2eatDined on 8/5/2014Especially affable and knowledgable wait/bar staff. Interesting presentation of local seasonal items; relatively simple preparation letting the food shine through. House made charcuterie platter a winner. Service attentive but unhurried. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingimpressedDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner at Five Bistro for the first time based on the excellent reviews on line. The food and dining experience were indeed outstanding. Jacob our server was friendly and knowledgeable. Having a sommelier was really a sophisticated addition; she was very helpful with wine selection and we enjoyed the dry rose from Bodacher (spelling?). We enjoyed the fried eggplant and ravioli as appetizers; then the roast was perfectly cooked; the desserts were equally delicious, light, and a perfect ending to a fabulous meal. Really, the meal was one of the best I've enjoyed in St. Louis. It is admittedly price-y but completely matches the the quality of the meal.Special Features:
- Truly a TreatWannabeFoodieDined on 8/2/2014This was my third time dining at Five Bistro. I always get the Prix Fix with Wine Pairings. I have yet to have a bad meal here. Everything is so delicious! I wish I could afford to eat here more often. The chef is clearly skilled and talented. The service was exceptional. We actually had a private joke going just to see if we could ever actually finish a glass of water because they were constantly topping us off. This is a dining experience - the whole meal takes about 3 hours. It was timed well for discussion and digestive breaks between courses, but never so long that we were wondering where our food was. Our server was prompt, attentive, but never intrusive. I cannot find a single thing to complain about at this restaurant. LOVE!Special Features:
- WonderfulEastsiderVIPDined on 8/1/2014A lovely space, gracious service and the food inspired The menu changes depending on ingredients Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 410 reviews are from the Five Bistro reviews archive.
- Gets better each visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014We've dined at FIVE many times and have always been delighted. It is a real gem. Food is very inventive, beautifully plated and delicious. And the tasting menu is such a great value, especially during week. Very leisure dining experience-nothing rushed or hurried. Staff is well trained and helpful. As the menu changes frequently, each visit is a chance to try something new and wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceAngTDined on 7/24/2014We have been to Five Bistro on two seperate occasions now and have loved it both times! The menu is inventive and expertly executed. The use of local ingredients is not only good for the planet, it's also great for the palette! The garden veggies that are grown on site and the protein from local sources have a freshness that can not be described adequately in words. The staff are knowledgable and friendly and took care to explain each dish and make sure everything was what we had expected. We had such an amazing dinner and didn't walk out feeling hungry or broke (which has happened to us before at other facilities).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.