Fitzpatrick's Deli & Steakhouse
650 New Road
Somers Point, NJ 08244Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Fitzpatrick's Deli & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fitzpatricksdeli.com/
- Phone: 6096538155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: William M. Hurst Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: On-Off Premise Catering. At Fitzpatrick’s we understand the importance of thoughtful planning, working within your budget, and worry-free event execution. Whether your goal is to impress your guests, motivate and reward your employees, or just provide a stress-free meal, we are happy to accommodate. We have three dining rooms, with the option to reserve one, two or the entire restaurant for parties, banquets, awards events, and galas. Whatever your needs, we’ll exceed them.
- Private Party Facilities: The Fitz Media Room can serve up to 50 with a minimum reservation of 30 people. This room is equipped with a pull down screen and projector, hook-up to audio/video available. Perfect space for corporate trainings and small intimate parties.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Hurst 6096538155x306
- Entertainment: Experience a Fitz Food Flight. Bon Voyage every 4th Wednesday of the month and enjoy the tastes of different culinary traditions. Event will be held in the months of September, October, and January-April. Bring your favorite bottle of wine or beer and enjoy the evening with friends exploring another region, country or tradition. Be sure to make your reservations early. Seating is limited.
A word from Fitzpatrick's Deli & Steakhouse
Fitzpatrick’s Deli by day, Steakhouse by night fuses two diverse restaurant concepts into one unique deli-style dining experience. Offers a hearty breakfast and lunch that includes daily fresh roasted meats with NY deli quality and house made gourmet soups and salads. After 5, stop by for a Deli@Dinner favorite. Or enjoy the new steakhouse fare that includes top grade cuts of grilled beef, wild caught seafood and daily seasonal specials with a deli twist. Desserts are freshly baked on premise. Our distinct blend of gourmet comfort food and traditional French technique is highlighted by our chef’s use of only the freshest ingredients. Walks-ins and reservations accepted. Make a Chef’s Table reservation for a special evening out. You and your guests can choose between a 3 or 5 course prixe fixe meal (noting any allergies or dietary restrictions) and let Fitzpatrick’s dine you with a chef selected menu tasting.Continued
Stemware and ice buckets provided with no corkage fees.
Stemware and ice buckets provided with no corkage fees.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fitzpatrick's Deli & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- A sSomers point treasureYcars72Dined on 9/7/2013Fitzpatrick's is a great find. It is reasonably priced and food is consistently delicious. We have been there four times this summer and everytime the service and the food was great. I recommend this restaurant because there is something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2013We had a great dinner--our one dessert feed three!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreMarlenieGSVIPDined on 8/25/2013not sure what they are trying to accomplish here - too far from the shore to make it worthwhile; my husband enjoyed his roast beef but finds it weird to have a steak house with no wine available or cocktails - byo and steak house don't seem to work in his opinion. my burger was ok - I asked for medium and it was almost completely well done - pretty typical of most restaurants - the French fries were cold when they were served and not good. Won't be back. Did not try the deli options - they might be better. Setting and decor is also somehow depressing - not sure why. No clue that you are anywhere near the beach.Special Features:
- Booth seats too low for table,PrimeLuv2dineDined on 8/16/2013Booth seats too low for table,Prime Rib tough, potato cold inside .always had good lunch will not go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Good Food at a Reasonable PriceSJFoodieDined on 8/8/2013First time visit to this restaurant. We ordered the stake and crab which was good and priced very reasonably. Would go back again and try the deli sandwiches whcih looked great. Service was very good with an attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodfoodie1Dined on 8/4/2013This resturant had a very nice nad healthy menu selection .With a modreate price range.We will be coming back.Special Features:
- Fine Dining It's Not..nobleinsDined on 7/7/2013Came here because my wife and her friend ate here a couple of times for dinner and raved about the Prime Rib. The place was empty When we arrived, yet we had to wait for the tale to be setup. Came for the prime rib, but didn't have any medium rare. Offered mashed cauliflower, which I really love because I don't eat white carbs, yet that was gone too. Overall a disappointment. Maybe they are better at breakfast or lunch.Special Features:
- Our first time and it was great.MartySVIPDined on 6/23/2013We have eaten at Fitzpatrick's many times for lunch and breakfast over the years. This new addition adding a dinner "steak house menu" was a great idea our food was great will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. UnfortunateAHD23Dined on 6/22/2013The food was very good. Unfortunately, our party of 4 had to wait almost 15 minutes before we were able to speak with a server. Once that issue was resolved, the rest of the evening was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchClairegolfsVIPDined on 6/16/2013We went for Father's Day brunch. They did not honor the Open Table reservation. We had to put our name on the list. I would not count on them for a reservation. The food was delicious and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find1210VIPDined on 6/4/2013This was our first visit and we took two friends. Choose to sit in the back room which worked out great. Our server was outstanding and the food was very good. We like finding a BYOB in a sea of restaurants that are not, but everything was so good that we would return anyway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was impressed with the qualityAHD23VIPDined on 6/1/2013I was impressed with the quality of the food and how reasonable the prices are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed PersonalitiesStepsiteVIPDined on 5/26/2013This is a great place to go for breakfast and lunch, but it is not an atmosphere conducive to finer dining, nor is the front of the house on point as a dinner restaurant. You can order deli sandwiches for dinner and that is probably what we will do on our next visit, and there will be a next visit, there is nothing wrong with the quality of the food or prices. Dinner is another story in that the Chefs advertise their CIA degrees but the food does not rise to CIA expectations. 3 of our 4 entrees were overcooked and the dinner salad, although fresh and plentiful, is iceberg lettuce. The crab bisque is very heavy and has faint flavors of crab rather than a strong taste of it.
- A Gem of a Findreviewer7Dined on 5/25/2013Off the beaten path of the popular on the water restaurants in Somers Point, which makes this an extra special find. The food is way better than any of those popular hopping restaurants on the water. So if sitting outside isn't what you need run to Fitzpatricks. We are "foodies" and appreciate homemade dressings, calamari, fresh vegetables. A kitchen that puts thought into the menu and really cares about the food. None of the food came out of a package. Delicious, price conscious, and huge portions.Special Features:
- Solid neighborhood diningFoodFan18VIPDined on 5/10/2013Solid neighborhood dining with good food, large portions and moderate prices. it is an earlier dinner spot. By 9, the place may be almost empty. BYOB-no corkage fees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a good restaurant /OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/27/2013It was a good restaurant / deli with decent food. I would recommend it as a simple place with decent food. I thought the other reviews were way over the top. It is not a five star restaurant. It is a deli with good dependable food.
- Not just 4 breakfast & lunch anymorOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2013This is at least the 3rd time we had the Chef's Choice at Fitzpatrick's. The food is presented nicely and tastes even better. The asparagus appetizer was an interesting choice. The steak and shoestring potatoes was excellent. Highly recommend the chef's choice.Special Features:
- greeted at the door by a friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013greeted at the door by a friendly hostess,server brought a basket of warm fresh bread, we had prime rib for dinner, it was the best we've had in the area,potato and vegetable were very good,server was excellent,friendly and very attentive, chocolate lava cake for dessert was delicious, will recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/20132-16-13 dinner , had valentine special , best lobster tail we've had in a long time, filet was excellent,very tender, the shrimp was large and tender, the dessert was a chocolate dream, the server was very attentive and friendly , great service, great food, great atmosphere, five star all the way, will be back again.Special Features:
- This is the 2nd time we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013This is the 2nd time we have eaten the Chef's Choice there and the food is stupendous.Special Features:
- If you have not been to thenamelessVIPDined on 2/8/2013If you have not been to the NEW location you don't know what you are missing. The place is much larger, more comfortable and extremely clean. The menu still has all the the long time favorites and a lot of new items. The best part is that at night they become a great steakhouse and they have some great seafood and pasta choices as well. At night you may also still have some of the lunch sandwiches. The service was extremely friendly and they are at your table when you need them. The steak was fantastic and the entire meal was a third the price of the Palm or Mortons. Also you can bring your own wine if you are in the mood. The new "Fitz" is a lot better than the old one....which is a tough job given how great the old one was.Special Features:
- I had a great steak and anamelessVIPDined on 2/6/2013I had a great steak and a perfect baked potato at a third the cost of Mortons etc. There are plenty of different food choices (steaks, seafood, pasta and SANDWICHES!!) on the menu so that everyone will be happy. If you want a great casual to fancy meal at a very reasonable price in an extremely clean place then try Fitzpatricks. It is also very consistant in quality.Special Features:
- First visit. Party of fourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013First visit. Party of four well-pleased. Seafood potstickers & Fitz's sliders for table appetizers. Sliders very good; potstickers great. Ladies both had sea scallops: HUGE, & axcellently prepared. Guys had shrimp and pork chop entrees, respectively, also excellent (one of the biggest pork chops I've had). Had the flan for dessert (every one else was too stuffed): first-rate (real flan, not butterscotch pudding with crumbles as offered elsewhere). Menu is about 75% American classic, with the remaining items novel. Service was both excellent and unobstrusive, which can be a difficult combo to find. Overall: great food; generous portions. Will return. Recommended.Special Features:
- It was the first time I'dFoodFan18VIPDined on 1/18/2013It was the first time I'd been to Fitzpatrick's for dinner since they moved and changed the format to a finer dining menu. The food was good and very reasaonble. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful from start to finish,GreatVIPDined on 12/21/2012Wonderful from start to finish, and with my entertainment coupon, it was an afforable good meal.Special Features:
- no atmosphere. waitress didn'tAlwaysonSundayVIPDined on 11/11/2012no atmosphere. waitress didn't get friendly till tip time. should not be calling itself a steakhouse- no way!Special Features: