Fitzgerald's Irish Pub
201 E. 5th St
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fitzgerald's Irish Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fitzgeraldscharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7049008088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 pm - 2:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Fitzgerald's Irish Pub has several private dining options; our private top bar, a semi-private area and a buy out. Free parking at the Wake Forest Parking Garage with validation between 5:00 PM-3:00 AM
- Private Party Contact: Janie Lopez 7049008088
A word from Fitzgerald's Irish Pub
Fitzgerald’s Irish Pub will be the newest addition to uptown Charlotte. Located on the corner of 5th St and N. College St, open seven days a week, Fitzgerald's will provide the perfect atmosphere to enjoy spirits, great food and live entertainment. Lively and festive anytime of the day, Fitzgerald's is the perfect place to gather with friends or to meet new people. A variety of menu items and a perfect pint of your favorite frosty beer await; all of which can be enjoyed alongside our big screen TV’s spread throughout the pub. While you are visiting us, we hope you try a flight of Irish whiskey, or enjoy a pint of Guinness along with a tasty treat from our mouth watering menu. Our newly renovated venue is a perfect place to host a corporate event, fundraiser, birthday party, private function or just a night out with you and your closest friends! For private bookings, or more information please contact us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fitzgerald's Irish Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
- Terrible ServiceSam07VIPDined on 4/20/2014The service here was terrible. We saw our waitress only the bare minimum. After we finished and she took away our plates, it then took 30 minutes before we got our check.Special Features:
- Fitzgeralds Dining ExperiencealbertoDined on 3/29/2014A very friendly, well managed and excellent food dining event. The waitress Valerie was excellent and the bus men were very attentive. The prices were very reasonable. I will come back again.Special Features:
- Great Dining Friendly PeoplePartsguy69Dined on 3/9/2014Had a great time our food was great! Everyone was pleased with the service, menu and food. We would absolutely recommend Fitzgerald's Irish Pub to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very small portions. My fishOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/8/2014Very small portions. My fish and chips dinner was an amount suitable for a very light lunch (What was with the less than 1/4 cuip of coleslaw? It was barely 3 mouthfuls, almost a garnish instead of a side.) and the shepperd's pie serviing was more of a side serving size. Good food and a great variety but the portions were way too little for the price. My mother, who went with me, usually eats less than half of whatever is served to her but this time she finished everything and was still not full. We wanted dessert but were afraid the portion was going to be tiny so we went elsewhere.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We love Fitsgerald's. This was the third time we've been there in three months. Every time the food was delicious! Price are reasonable. Definitely a bar atmosphere, though. So it can be loud. We were at our table for more than 15 min. before a server stopped to help us. (May have been miscommunication as to who served which tables because it was very busy.) But once a server asked if we had been waited on and realized no one has yet stopped to take our order, our service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okay..ambience funFreddosoDined on 2/14/2014The food was okay -- the calamari we had was undercooked, The Shepherds pie was good but not the best. The black bean hummus was excellent. Surprised there was not an Irish Coffee on the menu but the vodka martinis were well made. An enjoyable evening but the food could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun bar & restauranttme2w4Dined on 2/14/2014Fitzgerald's Irish Pub is a fun up-town bar/restaurant. The food is good and the bar is fun to hang out in. We went for Valentine's Day, which was not so romantic, but we also didn't have to wait 3 hrs like some other places! They offered a fixed-dinner menu, which included a bottle of wine and the food was good, the price was also good. They also offered the menu as an option, but we went with the steak and salmon for dinner. Food was tasty and wine good. I would recommend this restaurant for a regular lunch or dinner, or for drinks with friends after an up-town event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprisedpoppop47Dined on 1/24/2014Several reviews from the weekend before were pretty negative. Much to my surprise, other than being chilly, we had a very good experience. Understand that this is a pub that serves food, bars, high tables, wall counters run forever. There are a couple of dining areas albeit with big-screens on the walls. Hostess seated us at a table directly under a TV and an a/c vent that was still blowing cold air despite it being 20 degrees outside. Our wait person, Peyton, immediately moved us to a booth still in her area, where it was quieter and warmer. Peyton knew the Queen's Feast menu inside out and took great care of us. All our food was 3-4 stars: crab cakes, ahi tuna, tilapia, chicken breasts, Dublin broil, desserts. Well worth the $30 per.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, our experienceSandyDined on 1/24/2014Unfortunately, our experience with the evening was not up to our expectations. The more upscale menu did not fit the ambience of the pub atmosphere. The burgers and fries from the regular menu looked very good but the caesar salad as part of the menu was watery and no taste of a caesar dressing. The calamari was chewy and appeared to have been sitting out a while before it was served to us.
- good food, too loud for thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014The food was delicious but the service was poor. Our waitress wasn't attentive and we waited 30 min for our checks. It was also entirely too loud, we couldn't hear our conversations. One of our friend's appetizers never came. we felt rushed through our meal because the kitchen staff kept bringing plates out right after one another before we could finish the one before it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar ambience, not great food!nctrace711Dined on 1/18/2014This is a great bar.. but not a great restaurant. We went here for restaurant week and the food was really mediocre. There were issues with getting our plates out at the same time and at a point they turned the lights down and it was hard to see the food in front of us. I think if you head here for appetizers/drinks you'd be pleased, but I wouldn't recommend dinner here with a group of friends if you want to be able to hear each other across the table. That said-- this is a great bar, and if you're looking for a fun late-night spot, definitely check it out!Special Features:
- Awesome Irish pubMedicmomDined on 1/18/2014Loved finding a good old Irish bar, and the good was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale bar foodOpenLeekDined on 1/18/2014Not the greatest food, but for a bar it's really good. The service was not very good, but to be fair it was the first Saturday of Restaurant Week. Great spot though if you're looking for a night uptown, it's right next to the TWC Arena in the heart of the city. Overall, a nice spot for a drink and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FitzOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Good food, excellent staff, great fun--a real keeper. We go back time after time.Special Features:
- Decent bar & Restaurant... ButMichaelDined on 12/19/2013Fitzgerald's Irish Pub was decent in regards to beers available and foot choices on menu, would have liked to see an offering of craft beers. The service gets a fair rating as our server seemed to get lost. For food, My main entree of Balsamic Chicken was very good. But we ordered a appetizer of Buffalo Chicken Wings, they were over cooked and not very hot when served. When we attempted to bring this to the attention of a manager he countered our observation that that's how they are served and hasn't had any complaints. Seemed to not want to hear our comments. So with that this place is a HIT or a MISS... Ratings on Yelp also appear to be average.
- Enjoyed The Irish CharmDAJADined on 12/2/2013We had a very enjoyable meal of Fish n' Chips prepared just the way we like it. The service was excellent and very attentive. It's more of a sports bar - with a very long bar, multiple TV screens, all playing sports. We went in the early afternoon so it was quiet, but its location in beautiful downtown Charlotte guarantees a busy crowd most nights. We'll give it another try.Special Features:
- Fitzgerald's did not honorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2013Fitzgerald's did not honor our reservation because it was the evening that the Eagles concert was in town. That is the reason we booked the reservation. Not at all happy about that so we went to Carolina Ale instead.
- Understaffedlucinda828Dined on 11/15/2013Went before Eagles concert on a Friday night. Never been there before. It was advertised on local radio station as pre party place before concert so that is why we went there. Place looked great, nice atmosphere. Looking forward to hanging out & eating, drinking, socializing before concert. Arrived about 5:15 pm, not very busy at this point. Seated at table in bar - sat there for 10 minutes and never had wait staff or anyone else for that matter stop by our table. Overheard hostess ask one server if she could handle another 4 top. I would guess that they were very understaffed. Very irritated. If you are going to advertise as a pre-concert stop then make sure you are staffed up and ready to go. We left and will not go back.
- not in the knowuninformedDined on 10/26/2013had I been informed by open table about the Halloween bar crawl, I would have NEVER made reservations here to begin with. we were greeted by rude host staff, almost insisting that we had to pay a cover charge. all the while we were being pushed through the doorway by over-eager bar goers, that were not being stopped to pay cover at all. The table was under a large speaker that was blasting music. There was a girl passed out on the table next to us, we were very worried that no one was helping her. Ten minutes passed before a waiter approached us & we politely told him that we could not possibly stay. He rolled his eyes & showed us the door. perhaps this is my fault for not being in the know but the staff didn't have to be so rude.Special Features:
- Great Food and lots of funChristine1229VIPDined on 9/22/2013Food was great ! The service was fair. The waiter kept bringing us the wrong drinks . very strange. I ordered a salad with chicken on it .. it came without dressing and no chicken. On top of that, I realized later that he charged me 14.99 instead of 12.99 for the salad that should have included the chicken. He really didn't stop by too often during our meal .. tough to find him if we needed anything. It was a Sunday night @ 7 pm .. so the place was full of people watching the football games and it got kind of loud. This can be expected though. I have been there on Friday nights and it was more of a corporate, after work crowd. Great food -- parking validated after 5pm. Overall it was not a bad experience and I will go back.Special Features:
- Great bar to watch the games...UptownVIPDined on 9/22/2013Great bar to watch the games in. For a sports bar the food is pretty good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We specifically went to Fitzgerald'MelindaDined on 9/21/2013We specifically went to Fitzgerald's to watch the Georgia game and had the BEST waitress, Alex. I hope she's there the next time we visit as she was just a delight! Thanks Alex!! Dawg fanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server did an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2013Our server did an excellent job taking care of us. Food arrived quickly and allowed us to get back to the office in a timely manner. Everyone enjoyed their lunch and plans on returning. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Lovely FishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013I went with two co-workers for lunch on Friday. The Fish and Chips were excellent. The cod was flavorful and firm without a fishy smell. And the batter was light without being overwhelming. Our waiter was very good and I was surprised it wasn't busier. But then again, it may have more of a night crowd than a lunch crowd. We will be back.Special Features:
- True Irish PubMommysniteoutDined on 7/20/2013Had a great time, the food and drink was outstanding! Great place for a happy hour, meal with friends or a date. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normal Pub FareBgorVIPDined on 5/31/2013We chose to utilize the nice weather and dined outstide to grab a couple beers and a quick bite before a movie. The sliders were pretty good, and the rosemary pototates were crispy. However for the price of the potatoes, I felt the price was too high for the side portion size ($4). The service was a little slow, which normally wouldn't be a big deal, but we were catching a movie. Overall it was pleasant though. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Mother's DayGcloseDined on 5/12/2013The service was great. Jared was very nice, the food was good, especially loved the rosemary bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch BustMothersDayBruncherDined on 5/12/2013Fitzgerald's is probably a lot of fun if you're looking for a tray full of Jaeger shots. However, on the day we went, it was Mother's Day, answering their call on OpenTable for a special Mother's Day Brunch from 11-3. We made our reservation and found a bar that was pretty much empty. We piled into a booth and looked at the menu ... which was the everyday bar menu, not any sort of brunch selection. The kids grumped about not being able to have breakfast, then compromised on corn dogs, which was one of 4 kids menu selections. We were informed that they had a crazy run on corn dogs the night before and that they were out. So we got to enjoy brunch with two grumpy kids and plates full of bar food. Happy Mother's Day!
- Think twice about going onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Think twice about going on a Saturday night if your trying to have a moderately quiet dinner and drinks!! I'll definitely go again, it'll be with the fellazSpecial Features:
- My girlfriend and I ate hereCjdad2012Dined on 3/23/2013My girlfriend and I ate here to taste some delicious European cuisine and the experience was pleasant.Special Features:
- our server , Jarod, was superlativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2013our server , Jarod, was superlative! reservation was easy. impressive that they called that morning that they expected large crowd (Bon Jovi concert), there may be some delay,could come a little earlier if wanted. We did arrive a few min before our reserved time but there was NO wait, service was excellent. Even went back after the concert and NO wait for booth then either. We will be back. We went in BOM park garage by mistake. Fitz validated it,but of course, BOM didn't honor. We paid $16 to park but that was ok. Next time we'll go in garage directly behind Fitzgerald.So convenient to Arena, will make reservations there for all events we go to at Arena.Special Features:
- Had open table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2013Had open table reservation for 5:15. We arrived on time and were cheerfully greeted and promptly seated and very soon after the waitperson greeted us and took our drink order. Drinks arrive in a short period of time, we then place our appetizer and food order which took no more than 15-20 mins to arrive at our table. Our salads and appetizer were very good and we continued to get very good service from our waitperson. As far as atmosphere, we did find it loud but that's to be expected in an Irish bar after work, and on a concert night. We got out in plenty of time to get to the arena. Love the fact that it is located almost right at the arena, serves delicious food and we can hop the train to get there. Very convenient.
- I had a great time good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013I had a great time good food and service was top notch . Will be back againSpecial Features:
- We were in town during Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We were in town during Valentine's Day. We found Fitzgerald's on Open Table. We were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was and the service as well. You don't generally think of an Irish Pub as a romantic Valentine's Day dinner. It was a great meal for a great value. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Stopped by before the Laker/BobcatBgorVIPDined on 2/8/2013Stopped by before the Laker/Bobcat game for a simple appetizer and a couple of beers. Good beer special on Fridays, and pretty good bar food. We chose the nachos and weren't disappointed.Special Features:
- Met some family & friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2013Met some family & friends here for dinner & drinks before the Bobcats/Lakers game. Great location Uptown and the availability of complimentary parking in the parking garage was fantastic for us.Special Features:
- Very good food and good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Very good food and good service, our first time there and we would go backSpecial Features:
- Great selection and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013Great selection and the food is great. Service was excellent. We will be going back.Special Features:
- Second visit with out of townOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/26/2012Second visit with out of town family in 3 weeks, impressed! Thanks again.Special Features:
- Real disappointmentfab3VIPDined on 12/23/2012My son and I stopped off here on our way to see a show at Blumenthal. This was a big disappointment. Food was not worthy of a pub. We almost left before we ordered. Another group did. We will not make this a repeat. Save your time and money I hate to say.