Fitzgerald's Irish Pub-Chapel Hill
206 W Franklin St
Chapel Hill, NC 27516Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Fitzgerald's Irish Pub-Chapel Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fitzgeraldschapelhill.com/
- Phone: 9192404560
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Fitzgerald's Irish Pub-Chapel Hill
Fitzgerald's Irish Pub is the newest addition to Chapel Hill. Open seven days a week, Fitzgerald's will provide the perfect atmosphere to enjoy spirits and great food. Lively and festive anytime of the day, Fitzgerald's is the perfect place to gather with friends or to meet new people. A variety of menu items and a perfect pint of your favorite frosty beer awaits; all of which can be enjoyed alon...gside our big screen tv's spread throughout the pub. While you are visiting us, we hope you try a flight of Irish Whiskey, or enjoy a pint of Guinness along with a tasty treat from our mouth watering menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fitzgerald's Irish Pub-Chapel Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Large group on a busy weekendCMK58Dined on 5/11/2014We were a large group, 18 on a busy weekend in chapel hill. Out table was ready when we got there. We trickled in over the next 20 minutes ( parking was a little difficul not their fault). We ordered appetizers and drinks while waiting for the rest of our group. Service was friendly, food was good and timely. They never made us feel rushed was surprised it wasn't busier. Would go back for dinner or for bar food. Everyone enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad all aroundBestbrunchDined on 5/11/2014We went to Fitzgerald's for Mother's Day Brunch. The restaurant smelled heavily of bleach when we arrived. The special day menu consisted of maybe 5 items, scrambled eggs and bacon being the type of thing offered. The server missed special requests like "dressing on the side" and complained about the cook staff to us more than once. The food was not very good, over cooked and uninspired. It was slow even though we were one of the few parties there. All around bad.Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the Fitzgerald's Irish Pub-Chapel Hill reviews archive.
- Fitzgerald's Irish PubCricketDined on 3/5/2014We weren't too impressed with our most recent visit to Fitzgerald's. We've been a few times and like the fact that it is a pub and has pub food. We had the sliders on special, and they were only fair-- cooked well and were juicy but weren't very tasty, I would not order them again. Also, we ordered Guiness' to go with our meal and appetizer and after having one beer, waitress brought our check without seeing if wanted another pint which would have been nice. Staff was friendly though. Nachos were disappointing- we were expecting home made chips like most pubs too, but were served warmed up tortilla chips with stuff on top.Special Features:
- ValentineChapelThrillDined on 2/14/2014Service was excellent. We were seated right away and served quickly. Restaurant was attractive, accessible, and lively. My only complaint was our table was VERY close to our neighbors. It was distracting to my conversation, and theirs I'm sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bar but terrible restaurantJamesVIPDined on 2/1/2014My wife and I made the mistake of trying to have dinner at Fitzgerald's on a Saturday night. The place has a good atmosphere for a bar. Unfortunately, cooking and serving food overwhelmed the staff. We ordered chili as an appetizer, but it didn't come until after the server brought our meals. The meals were mediocre at best. There are far better dining options in Chapel Hill.
- Good food, good service!DizzyDined on 1/31/2014Food was delicious! Easy to get to in a great location.Special Features:
- College PubLVAADined on 1/30/2014Started with black and blue sliders as appetizers (very tasty) which I really enjoyed. Ordered fish fillet with crabmeat as entrée. Was disappointed with bland fish (cooked well, lacked seasoning), nuked rice on the verge of rotting and a crabcake lumped over the under seasoned fish. Waiting staff was very good. I did not bring up not liking the dish, but thought the half eaten fish and untouched rice and crabcake would give away how much I enjoyed the meal. I have myself to blame as well, considering my expectations of fish and crabmeat at an Irish pub in a college town. I would visit again, but only for the black and blue sliders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to goBusinessLadyDined on 1/21/2014We had a lovely time with our family. Great food, fun time We will be going back when we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Retirement DinnermunchamunchaDined on 12/31/2013Celebrated husband's retirement here. Food and service were beyond outstanding! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Poor Service, Good MgtHateToWaitDined on 11/30/2013We sat at our table for over ten minutes and didn't even see a waiter/waitress. I had to get up and ask the host who seated us if he could find our waiter/waitress. To his credit, he seemed to be furious that no one had even come to our table since he seated us. Also to the credit of the manager of the restaurant, he came over and apologized and stated that this was not the way they ran thier restaurant and gave us our meal at not cost. The food was very good and once we found a waitress, she did a pretty good job. It was a very rocky start, but overall it was a positive experience. It was the first time we had gone to this restaurant and if the manager would not have taken the action that he did, we would not be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ChangeSEH01Dined on 11/2/2013Fitzgerald's was a nice change from the chain restaurants and we walked right in and were seated even though we were early for our reservation. Food was great, but the bartenders need more training. They do not know how to mix or serve drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RETURN DINNERSBarbDined on 10/15/2013I would highly recommend Fitzgerald's Pub in Chapel Hill. After reading some of the reviews , I was reluctant to go there, but we were in Chapel Hill and decided to try it anyway. We were so happy that we did. Don't know what these other reviewers had off the menu but ours was great. My husband had Shepherds Pie and I ordered the Baked Tilapia with Crab. Fantastic ! The service staff was great and not much waiting. We were there on a Tues, night and they were having a special on Hamburgers , so I think we were one of the few to order something other than that. Will mention , their bar drinks are on the pricey side but having said that, I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the food...TeeteeDined on 10/12/2013I would go back for the bar. The food was mediocre.Special Features:
- Needs HelpalicatDined on 10/6/2013It was our first time going at this restaurant and unfortunately we brought some guest. It took us over an hour to get our food. The food was OK, but far from worth the wait. The problem appears to be under staffed and it could have been a fluke that day. We may go back but we would not be going there with guests. I hope they improve.Special Features:
- We ordered the fish and chipssweetumzDined on 10/3/2013We ordered the fish and chips and ribeye steak. My husband liked his steak, while the fish and steak for me have too much breading on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressed.ToddDined on 9/30/2013We picked up a discount voucher through one of the deal sites, hoping for some good Irish food. First off, in an empty restaurant, they sat a group with 3 small kids right next to a couple. We had to ask to be moved. Food was ok but pricey, even with the discount. Had to send back one cold meal, but they gave us a free beer and warmed up the food. Never got condiments, even though we asked twice. We finally got them from the bar. Following a mediocre review on the deal site, the sales manager contacted me to ask if we would give them a second chance if they sent us a gift card. I sent my particulars, but never received any response. I've heard from others that they have good drink specials, but I wouldn't go back for the food or service.
- Consolation restaurantGurumeEaterDined on 8/5/2013Our party ordered a rib-eye steak, a cod burger, and a crab cakes. Unfortunately, a steak meat was very tough as like a sirloin meat. A cod burger was too oily, and I had heartburn after eating. The good point was only friendly service. I used a valuable discount certificate for the dinner, but I felt losing money.Special Features:
- Our server was friendly. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/19/2013Our server was friendly. Food was poor quality. Tuna was fishy. Burgers tasted processed. Very disappointing food. My cocktail however was excellent. I would return for a cocktail but not to eat.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/19/2013Went in to Fitzgerald's on Wednesday, when their special is $1 sliders. Their menu boasts a tremendous list of gourmet sliders--burger with caramelized onion, fried chicken with battered pickles. Nowhere on their website or their menu do they mention that the $1 deal applies to only plain sliders--with no cheese, veggies, or gourmet goodies. They also failed to mention that the special did not begin until 8pm. I was disappointed by this, AND by the fact that our waiter was unclear of this policy, because initially he took our order for the gourmet sliders, and then had to return to inform us that they were not options. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Fun environmentOldIrishmanDined on 6/16/2013Friendly and efficient wait staff in a fun environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new Irish pub in Chapel HillOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2013We went to Fitzgerald's to watch a baseball game and have late lunch/early dinner. Their menu is extensive with a lot of variety. We had fish, fish and chips, sliders. Everyone loved their meal. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. They have a good selection of beers on tap and in bottles. Great place to watch sports and nice to have a good Irish pub in Chapel Hill instead of having to go to Raleigh. I plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDurhamfoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2013The Food was similar to the place that was there prior. However the service was much better. I enjoyed it for a quick burger.Special Features: