5199 West Atlantic Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33484Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefishermansgrille.com/
- Phone: 5616380500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday: 11:30am – 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef John
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Fisherman's Grille
Welcome to Fisherman's Grille! We are a new family owned restaurant in Delray Beach, Florida serving seafood, steaks, soups and salads. Our menu features options for a quick, affordable lunch, complete dinners and original dishes inspired by our Chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fisherman's Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- Always Good Seafood!SEAFOODERVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great Ipswich steamers and super 2 pound steamed lobster.Special Features:
- grtfd2Dined on 4/12/2014The food was great...had a wonderful time...services was very good...not to fast or slow...just perfect.
- Great food - Moderate prices!dinewellDined on 4/10/2014All five of us enjoyed our meals and our waitress was caring and efficient. We will surely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDDiscriminatingVIPDined on 4/4/2014My Trout Almondine was covered with a gelatinous sauce and additionally a small dish had more of the same, which was totally unnecessary. My husband's dish, Shrimp Francaise, had an unappetizing sauce, more of which was used for his pasta, which he didn't eat. More attention has to be given to dish prep. Perhaps the restaurant is trying to be jmore than it is. Not too many diners for a Friday night.
- Great LobstersDelrayDebVIPDined on 2/28/2014Lobsters were great..very reasonably priced, service was excellent will returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster LoversLeeseDined on 2/27/2014If you are a lover of lobsters and want a great deal this is The place to go. Huge delicious lobsters at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst in south FloridaTonysmjcDined on 2/22/2014Bland Tiny over priced portions Inaccurate sizes on lobsters 2.5 lb was actually 1.75 Poor service Uninterested management Simply put it's a restaurant that doesn't care Stay away at all cost
- High priced small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014High priced small portions of "New England" seafood. Scallops were terrible and tasteless. Lobster was chewy. Sides not good either. Would never ever go there again. Service terrible as well.
- DisappointedhappyDined on 2/22/2014The fish chowder was very good as the salmon and tuna. The flounder was dry and tasteless as well as the roasted potatoes, they were like hockey pucks. When the manager/owner came over and said how was everything and we told him about the flounder, he just walked away - good business practice? Menu says house salad or house soup comes with your entree but when you pick the seafood chowder that is under house soups, you are told the soups of the day come with the meal but you have to pay $3.00 extra for the chowder - change the wording on the menu.
- Always Good Seafood!SEAFOODERVIPDined on 2/21/2014The best lobster in Boca-Delray and priced fairly. If you like steamers (ipswich clams) then this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Surprisingly deliciousMedelehDined on 2/14/2014Last minute valentine's dinner proved to be very good choice. Very friendly staff, Jim the bartender, Brandon, the owner. Brandon's mom's Maryland crab cake recipe was pure crab, no filler. Blackened mahi mahi very tasty but a bit dry. Amazing whole lobsters being served to most diners. A fine place!Special Features:
- Great Local Find for SeafoodSEAFOODERVIPDined on 2/14/2014If you like lobster and Ipswich clams, then this place is heaven. They are consistently great on the seafood dinner and reasonably priced. I had eaten here a few times and am now a steady customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2014Our last dining at this facility was very good, however this visit was just so so. I don't think we will be going back too soon.
- for a fine dining experiencelynneDined on 2/11/2014We had a 4:30 pm reservation and were seated immediately. Our waitress was very pleasant and served us well. we both ordered fish dinner. The food was excellent. I plan on eating at The Fisherman's Grill often.Special Features:
- Enjoy the lobsterBlitgirlDined on 1/15/2014Great 2 1/2 lb lobster for $26 Nothing else matteredSpecial Features:
- JUST PLAIN GOOD SEA FOODSEAFOODERVIPDined on 1/10/2014We ate here last night and had a 2 pound steamed lobster and the price and size were great, but even better the lobster was fantastic. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service low pricesdoctorstuDined on 12/24/2013Two pound fresh lobsters beautifully prepared and served for $28 or upgrade to 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounders for $3-$6 more. aprice drinks at bar 5-7 pm. Excellent service but sometimes unappreciated by local excessively demanding crowd. Ignore them, be nice to server, and you will be happy. Brandon does a great job with this neighborhod gem.Special Features:
- Holidays deserve betterYoungatHeartVIPDined on 12/24/2013The waiter got my order wrong but, I did not complain, the food was fair tasting. Creamed corn is not just kernel corn in cream. Lobster casserole was buried in too much cheese but, otherwise tasty. Beer was pleasantly cold. On a non-holiday day this would have been a "good" meal; on Christmas eve, though thankful they were open, meal was disappointing. With just a little extra effort this could be a "neighbohood gem."
- at first glance we were concernedimmrseVIPDined on 12/12/2013at first glance we were concerned it was a glorified diner but the seafood was fresh and when we ordered something on the menu but not available, the owner came by the explain ... nice touch. have passed many times but will make a point to get back when down in the delray area again ....
- Good 2 Lb. LobsterDelrayDollVIPDined on 11/9/2013Went back again for the 2 lb. lobsters which are presently $25 -- includes soup or salad. Cooked to perfection. Still not quite hard shell (those would be more expensive), but they were sweet as could be. Hubby likes their martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldies but GoodyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2013Although the restaurant has no discernible personality, Brandon, the host was warm and friendly and our waitress was honest, helpful and efficient. The most attractive part of the restaurant esthetically, is the bar area, however the rest of the decor looks like "early bird special or cafeteria salad bar." We went to Fisherman's Grille because they have a lobster special that is a great value. A full dinner with a 2 lob. lobster with choice of soup or salad and a side dish is $25. The lobster is steamed, fresh and delicious and you can't beat the value. If you are under 65, and you get to the restaurant at 7:30 or 8pm, you will have a very intimate dining experience as most to he clientele is the "early bird special" type.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time with friends thereMadbillVIPDined on 11/8/2013We have been there but we brought our friends from Delray and they loved the place.They will definitely be back. the lobster was excellent and very moistSpecial Features:
- Very Freshhar123VIPDined on 10/29/2013This a terrific place that has a diner type atmosphere. The specials are complete dinners with dessert for $16.00. Regular menu items average at $18.00. The fish is very fresh, well prepared with excellent flavor. The service was excellent and we were greeted at the door. This was my second visit and I will return.Special Features:
- Nice placevinlinDined on 10/27/2013Easy to find, food very good,. Don't go at end of night they are out of a lot of a lot of things. Waited a quite a while for our drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frozen Fish GrillCleanEaterVIPDined on 10/17/2013The Snapper was fishy smelling and tough. The sides were decent.
- Our group of 4 ordered theRichDined on 10/16/2013Our group of 4 ordered the Maine lobsters and they were meaty and sweet. The salads were served on chilled plates and the greens were fresh and crisp. The owner greeted us at the table and we told him how pleased we were with the service and quality of food. We have recommended this restaurant to many friends.Special Features:
- LOBSTERSDavidDined on 10/13/2013My friends & I went for the special lobster deal. We were not disappointed. The lobsters were perfect. The sevice friendly and the owner stopped by to see how we were doing. Made it that much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient..deenieDined on 10/11/2013neighborhood restaurant -- ease of parking -- moderately priced early-bird dinner -- and a varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 of us had the 2lb lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/20133 of us had the 2lb lobster @ $25 which was excellent -- the other person had mahi mahi which was also good our waitress was very sweet & good -- unfortunately the restaurant needs an uplift -- it is very plain & reminds us of a diner -- if you are not looking for ambiance the food is fine -- will probably go back for lobster but we like more of a restaurant feel when eating outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the lobster was rubbery, whichbeachbumDined on 9/10/2013the lobster was rubbery, which means to me a little over cooked. Service was good. But for the price it cost me I would else where for lobster.
- Up and ComingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2013We tried this place as we had seen it several times driving by and we got some advertisements from them. It was Sunday night in August and there were not many people there...perhaps the older crowd had already eaten and left much earlier. They have a pretty standard menu emphasizing the normal seafood fare although they offer steaks, etc as well. I had the lobster special which was a good, fresh 2 pounder for $25 including salad or soup and a side. My partner enjoyed an encrusted trout meal that was very large and well received. This is a neighborhood place that mainly offers good food at modest prices. If you're looking for ambiance and activity this is not your place...if you mainly want a good meal, give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2013Nice neighborhood restaurant. Very clean, nice atmosphere. The food was very good but the service could use some guidance. We waited an extra long time for salads to arrive. Other than that the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/20135 of us went for the 2 pound lobsters. They were large and cooked perfectly. Service was good. The shell plates were changed when they became full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better the 1st timefoodloverVIPDined on 7/20/2013We ordered the 2 lb lobsters again, but this time they were not quite 2 lbs, and they were not filling. We walked out still hungry. The service was again excellent, courteous, and friendly.Special Features:
- A good value find!foodloverVIPDined on 7/13/2013We all had the 2 lb lobster dinners. The salads were good, the vegetables were fresh and very tasty, and the lobsters were true to size, for a change, and very sweet. The owner was welcoming and friendly, and the service was excellent. Very casual and understated. A good local place for a great dinner at a great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go backRonBVIPDined on 6/21/2013Décor - Formica tables and booths set in a single large room with white ceiling tiles and fluorescent light fixtures Service - greeter and server were pleasant, waitress checked several times to see if everything was all right, checked with the chef to see if he could steam the fish and serve it plain, without butter or sauce. (They said yes, but it came on melted butter.) Food - pan seared scallops were breaded and not well seared, see above for rainbow trout, serving size was large but taste was not good
- DisappointedDebbieDined on 6/15/2013The food, service, atmosphere were fine- not much to write home about, as they say. There's a whole lot of great competition out there so if you want to make it as a restaurant in So FL. you've got to shine. There wasn't any shine, sorry!
- Great Neighborhood PlaceMysticatDined on 6/15/2013Went to Fisherman's Grille on a Saturday evening with friends for a nice dinner. Our reservation for 6:30PM was promptly acknowledged even though we were a few minutes early. Wait staff was prompt and very nice and efficient. Four different dishes were ordered, blackened tilapia, lobster, fisherman's platter and chicken Francaise along with soups (2) and salad (2) and drinks. Each was promptly delivered. The food was tasty and well prepared. We were given the time to enjoy it and never rushed with our waiter coming back two or three times to check on us. . For two people including drinks and a tip the check came to about $60 per couple is reasonable. I would definitely recommend Fisherman's Grille. MysticatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable setting with good foodOlinecVIPDined on 6/14/2013Fisherman's Grille was the perfect place for a recent reunion of relatives. Three cousins, in their 80s, had a relaxing get together with good food. The restaurant gave us, as requested, a large corner table away from others where we could talk. Seafood is the specialty here and it shows.Pistacio encrusted salmon was terrific, moist inside, crunchy on the outside. Fish and chips had a light batter and the fish was moist and flavorful. Eggplant Parmesan was a good rendition of this classic and the portion big enough to take home for 2 more meals. The prices are reasonable with nightly early bird specials, including $5 and $7 martinis until 7 p.m. Our waitress was terrific -- efficient, knowledgeable of the menu and very personable.Special Features:
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2013Our visit was a total disaster. There was no welcome or greeting when we arrived. The waitress did NOT know the menu and her response to questions regarding food mpreparation was "I don't know". Service was slow and the food with the exception of Lobster was less than disappointing. A dish described as "stuffed flounder turned out to be two pieces of white fish over an unidentifiable mess called stuffing and covered in a tasteless sauce. Two orders of "blackened Red Snapper" was tatsteless and overly peppered. The waitress was slow, delivered entrees by hand,-two at a time and cleared and stacked dirty dishes AT THE TABLE