FishBones - Orlando, FL
6707 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
FishBones - Orlando, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fishbonesrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4073520135x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raul Cervantes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from FishBones - Orlando, FL
With a menu as unique as its name, FishBones offers the freshest just-caught seafood, aged steaks and prime rib. FishBones’ gourmet cuisine is prepared on a custom-built pit over a Florida citrus and oak wood burning fire at 1200º searing in the fabulous flavors. A local favorite, FishBones is listed as one of America's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants and Orlando Magazine has crowned FishBones with the titles of “Best Restaurant” and “Best Seafood”. Experienced, friendly service in a Key West inspired atmosphere creates a comfortable setting for any dining event. An impressive wine list compliments the seafood and steak making FishBones the ultimate dining experience. We look forward to amazing you very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
FishBones - Orlando, FL - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
FishBones - Orlando, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (29)romantic (28)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Experience was OK. Waitress service started of good, but dropped off at end of meal. Got gum on my shoe at valet stand. left with bad feelings for a rather expensive dinner. My wife's swordfish was partially dry. I wasn't aware how my salmon was going to be prepared. It was delicious, but not how I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what we were lookin for!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Family was craving sea food so we googled restaurants from our Orlando hotel room and found "FishBones." From our arrival with the valet parking, warm greeting from the hosts and the extremely knowledgeable server who was grilled with questions from my 9 yr old. Great food, service and family friendly atmosphere makes "Fishbones" a great place to enjoy a family night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality dining and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Fish Bones is a great restaurant overall, the plus is the quality of the food but I found portions to be a little to big for me but it makes sense since this is not an economical restaurant. Expect a moderate to large bill but is very well worth it, free valet parking, quiet atmosphere and a sure fit for a romatic evening or even family dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This was My first time to Fish Bones but it will not be my last! Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. Renee was our waitress and she was awesome! Christine was our food runner and was delightful then the manager stopped by the table and that was very impressive. So many restaurants don't do that and I think it shows excellent service from management. We will tell everyone about Fish Bones and it will be our new regular place. Great food, service and staff. Plus the cheese bread and house salad rocks...... LOVED IT!!!!!Special Features:
- not2pickyVIPDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I were promptly seated, and served by Carlos, who along with the kitchen did a marvelous job of accommodating my wife's dairy allergy. We both enjoyed the unique style of ceviche which resembled more of a deconstructed shrimp/seafood cocktail. I had blackened swordfish with mango salsa. It was very good, though the mango was not quite ripe so was a bit hard. My wife had the special filet and lobster tail, and both were cooked perfectly and delicious. I loved the cheese bread which was a great accompaniment.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningGarytheglassDined on 9/8/2014A most enjoyable evening, food very good, we both had the Chilean Sea Bass, however the chocolate cake was enormous. Share it it's to much for wanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Favorite!ianpkaufmanDined on 9/7/2014Although I love them all, Fishbones is by far my favorite in the Talk of The Town group. Great laid back ambiance and the same great quality you would expect from TOTT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great VisitFortMyersDined on 9/5/2014Whenever we are in Orlando, we make sure we eat at Fishbones. This has been one of our favorite restaurants for years. As always, the service and the meal were outstanding. Never had a bad meal or a bad experience here. Will be in Orlando in a few months and will be there again.Special Features:
- Andrew made our nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014We live in Hunters Creek and go out frequently. The food was excellent, flavorful and cooked just right. Andrew was one the best waiters we have encountered. He was very personable, funny and professional and never overbearing. Thank you!
- DmwgeminiVIPDined on 8/26/2014Food was very disappointing. The best part of my meal was the bread. Escargot had garlic powder on it instead of fresh garlic and it didn't get better from there.
- Great food. Excellent service.TBoneDined on 8/25/2014The food at Fishbones was very good. I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass with lump crab lemon butter topping with a baked potato. The potato was delicious and did not seem to be pre-baked, which Made me extremely happy. The fish was delicious. My husband ordered the New York Strip Steak with garlic mashed potatoes. Neither of us were able to finish everything so the portion sizes were great. The lighting was a bit too dim but other than that, the ambience was great. Last but not least the service was great. Christina H. Was our waitress and she was delightful. I should mention that it was not very busy when we went at9pm on a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyKingofbeefDined on 8/22/2014I chose this restaurant for date night with my wife. The service and atmosphere were both fine, also the salad, bread, and potatoes were very good. The issue was the main entre. I had the prime rib which when smoked, tastes like brisket. My wife had the mixed grill with two kinds of fish that were well over done with no sauce to hide how terribly it was prepared and a scampi plate containing scallops and shrimp that were like trying to eat through a bowl full of rubber bands. We will not be returning.
- Superb!PandCCustomDined on 8/16/2014There is no wrong choice when selecting from this menu. Beautiful cuts of steak and fresh fish. The food is delicious and the service from start to finish is such a pleasure. We been coming for years and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- If you love fresh seafood ...,,WtravelerDined on 8/16/2014Fishbone is a " must do " for anyone visiting Orlando and is searching for the "perfect seafood experience." Highly recommended for picky diners, in search of fresh seafood, prepared to order. We have recommended it on various occasions to family and friends; they have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the real valueDisapointedDined on 8/15/2014Small choice of starter, noisy table around and very pricey for quality of food. Cannot recommend it.Special Features:
- cherylDined on 8/15/2014we have always wanted to try fish bones, so I decided to take my husband there for our 25th anniversary, (BAD MISTAKE) they all knew it was our anniversary and did nothing at all for us, not even a free dessert, the food was the worst we have honestly ever eaten , except for the salad---it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on a meal out...my chicken dish was tasteless, my husbands shrimp was so over done it was like rubber--my gosh people , we live in florida and they had no sweet tea---our waiter was slow in serving us with refilling our drinks---all I can say , is what a huge disappointment this was for us on such a special day !!!
- Good foodbbttliketoeatDined on 8/14/2014Good selection of fresh fish & a plus as to different styles/types of preparation. Good choice /selection of appetizers. Yummy bread and liked that the meals came with salad. Would suggest it to others/& guests/&tourists too.Special Features:
- Fabulous!FoodiegirlsDined on 8/10/2014I have been to Fishbones a few times and have never had a mediocre meal. Everything is always fresh and tastes amazing. I brought my best friend and she LOVED it! We had the almond butter fried lobster appetizer; amazing. She had Chilean Sea Bass and I had a 20 oz lobster tail. Everything was amazing and Fishbones is now my bestie ' s favorite place to eat! We drove 2 hrs just to eat here and are doing it again next week! Also, the service was impeccable. Our waiter was very attentive and answered all of our questions, of which there were many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!OrlandofirstimerDined on 8/7/2014Big thanks to Melissa!! She was very informative of all the meals and specials. Extremely friendly and tended to our needs before we could ask for anything! Gator starters were a great start to some flavorful meals. Had something for the pickiest eaters, filet mignon and lobster melted in your mouth! Pork chops larger than most steaks was one of the juiciest I've ever tried. Valet was not needed in small parking lot however understandable during stormy weather. If ever in Orlando, stop into FishBones for a great meal and say Hi to Melissa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience dining at the barOutOfTownerDined on 8/7/2014I was on my own for dinner and decided to eat at the bar. Nicole was exceptional; just the right amount of attention, very knowledagble, great personality. Decided on the whole snapper, which is a little bit of work with lots of bones, but if you are willing to work it, the flavor was worth the effort. Very tasty. Will be back.
- Lovely surpriseFitnFunDined on 8/6/2014We had a wonderful experience at Fish Bones the other evening. Andrew, our server was knowledgable and friendly, the drinks (coconut mojitos) were deliscious, and our entrees (Chilean Sea Bass, grilled over citrus infused wood, and Mahi Tuna with the mango chili sauce) were some of the best we've tasted in quite a long time! I highly recommend Fish Bones, and if you're fortunate enough to have Andrew as your server, please tell him that Pam and John from CT, say hello!Special Features:
- Perfection!TracyFLDined on 8/2/2014From our cocktails to dessert, every flavor was spot-on! Don't miss the escargot, they are to die for. Juicy, tender and flavorful, even those in my party that don't really like them were amazed at the great flavor.Special Features:
- First visit - didn't disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014we have lived in this neighborhood for over 20 years, that was our first visit to Fishbones, because we don't like the International Dr traffic. ambience was wonderful, food was great, and service outstanding. Traffic? it still stinks, making visiting this restaurant harder for us. Our server, Felicia, was lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience and Meal2VirginiansDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I made reservations by this site on July 18, 2014 for the same night. They went through without a hitch. We arrived a bit early, but were greeted warmly and immediately seated. Our waiter, Carlos, was friendly and knowledgeable. We each ordered meals of one of the fish-of-the day selections, Sue the Triggerfish and I the Grouper. Both were excellently grilled and tasty. The house salad presented before the meal was also excellent and the cheesy bread that came with the meal was very good. I asked for seconds on the bread and it was brought with no additional charge. The wine list is amazing, but we were able to get two individual glasses of a good Pinot Grigio for a reasonable price. It is clean and pleasantly decorated inside.Special Features:
- Crab didn't make me crabbyMLOODined on 7/14/2014Enjoyed some of the best king crab legs ever. Nice booth, great server, Lori...thanksSpecial Features:
- I return again and againHurster97Dined on 7/6/2014This is really a treat each time I visit the area. The staff are always warm and welcoming, a very friendly atmosphere. The portions are in line with the cost and I have never been disappointed. (I could feast on the house salad and delicious bread alone!) My only wish is that this gem was located in a different location. Sadly the ticky tacky tourist industry has build up around it and it's difficult to get in and out of the parking lot, as well as the surrounding businesses are less than desirable. However, once inside, you are surrounded by a great atmosphere, super people and wonderful food. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to get away from chain restaurants and tourist traps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWalpDined on 7/3/2014Great service great food A NY strip to remember All this at very reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish BonesDineplsDined on 7/2/2014Food & service excellent. Waitress very attentive without being intrusive. Great menu particularly as it gives several choices as to how you would like your fish cooked. Was there 3 yrs ago & returned to find it is still a wonderful restaurant. Only 1 minor thing, I would like to see a little more variety with the potato choices, some that are a little less calorificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great little spotRegularFoodGuyDined on 6/29/2014This is our second time at this place. Their computer system actually reminded the staff that we had been there a year ago and we were welcomed back. Food is always fantastic and lots of options.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceLuv2EatWellDined on 6/28/2014The Dinner menu is what sent us to select Fish Bones over the many other fantastic restaurants in the area, plus the fact That Fish Bones has never let us down. Perfect meal and service to cap off a week at a Family Gathering. Can't wait till next visit. Jimmy W. Decatur, ALSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindCag0916Dined on 6/24/2014Had a wonderful meal, food was very good - had the salmon! Prescott, our server, was very attentive and made great recommendations. It was a bit warm in the restaurant though, probably due to the extreme heat outside and the fire grill inside, but had a great meal in spite of that.Special Features:
- Seafood & SteakTatesamDined on 6/18/2014We had a great meal of steak and lobster. However, our friends did not like their duck and fried shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DaySteakloverDined on 6/15/2014Family dinner for Father's Day was excellent. The service was great. Steaks were cooked exactly as ordered, tender and flavorful. Our second time visiting the restaurant and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!KimchiDined on 6/13/2014We spent iur anniversary there and couldnt have been more pleased with the quality of the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!CMac7Dined on 6/13/2014We went to FishBones for an early Father's Day dinner. Food was very good and the servings are very generous. Our server, Renee, and her manager made our dining experience very pleasurable. Both Renee and manager was very personable and very accommodating. We will dine there again!Special Features:
- fishbones orlandocherobrienVIPDined on 6/12/2014Not being familiar with the area, we chose a restaurant based on the location and reviews in Open Table. We were very pleased with the food and service. We would go back there again next time we visit the Orlando area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IF IN ORLANDO, WORTH A STOPSmartdogDined on 6/10/2014Not our first visit to Fishbones as we always make a point to eat here when in Orlando on business. Always enjoy the fresh catches of the day prepared in several inventive styles. I always trust the server's recommendation, and have never had one go wrong. Service is always what it should be and servers know the food they serve.Special Features:
- Poor Service/Cold foodDisappointedDined on 6/10/2014The service was poor. The server had too many tables. Food cold. Order wrong.
- Fish Bones OrlandoSoulman1251VIPDined on 6/8/2014Business group of 6 was seated quickly, great service, generous drinks. The main menu had great selection and the grouper was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We have visited a few times and have always had great food (2nd visit my husband's steak was a little to done but still OK). We took my parents here on our 3rd visit for their retirement. They are from out of state and we didn't want to take them to the normal chains. They were highly impressed and enjoyed their dinner. I had made reservations which they ask if you are celebrating anything and I mentioned their retirement. We were greeted with a congrats, the manager came over to wish them well and the waiter was outstanding. Very attenative. We ordered the chocolate cake for dessert and it was AWESOME! We have always gone to FishBones but am looking forward to trying the other Talk of the Town options.Special Features: