FishBones - Orlando, FL
6707 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
FishBones - Orlando, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fishbonesrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (407) 352-0135
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raul Cervantes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from FishBones - Orlando, FL
With a menu as unique as its name, FishBones offers the freshest just-caught seafood, aged steaks and prime rib. FishBones’ gourmet cuisine is prepared on a custom-built pit over a Florida citrus and oak wood burning fire at 1200º searing in the fabulous flavors. A local favorite, FishBones is listed as one of America's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants and Orlando Magazine has crowned FishBones with the titles of “Best Restaurant” and “Best Seafood”. Experienced, friendly service in a Key West inspired atmosphere creates a comfortable setting for any dining event. An impressive wine list compliments the seafood and steak making FishBones the ultimate dining experience. We look forward to amazing you very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FishBones - Orlando, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)special occasion (43)good for groups (36)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (9)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- JerryVIPDined on 11/18/2014Dinner took quite some time to come out but all in all good experience and very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014The entire dining experience was fantastic. Warm and friendly greeting , our table was ready, and the server was great. I have recommended this location many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BunnyTecDined on 11/16/2014The quality of the food but we were disappointed by the "jumbo" scallops. The $12 extra charge for 3 rather small (although tasty) scallops did not meet our expectations. Other than that, solid selection of fresh seafood and fish, all nicely prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so great steak..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014We decided to eat hereally after theach recommendation for great prime rib. It was not !! The prime rib was tough and could hardly be cut with the knife. However the glup of Mexico was delish!!
- GolftripLovefloridaVIPDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant was good. The food was good. But the service needs help. Management needs to hire helpers for the waiter. Our poor waiter had to do everything except park our car. So if you go there and it's even a little busy expect to wait a wait to anything you order.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Our reservation at fishboned thru open table worked greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Food was fabulous and the service was great the waitress very friendly. Strip steak was one if the best steaks my daughter has ever had. We will definitely go back next time we are in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itMarvieDined on 11/7/2014Gr at good and service. A bit pricey but so is anything great. I think it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss FishBones!Wellfedgroupof8Dined on 11/7/2014FABULOUSLY DELICIOUS meal from appetizers through dessert ( ok well, desserts looked wonderful but we were too full to have any!) Service was outstanding giving us a great evening!Special Features:
- Good, but could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014We ordered Ahi Tuna, Sea Bass, and Bone-in Ribeye.... would have loved it much more if we have not tried Moon Fish a night before, which we had ordered pretty much the same thing... The Ahi Tuna, although sushi grade, was over-cooked. Had it been cooked in blue rare style, I'm sure I would have enjoyed it much. As for the Bone-in Ribeye, it was good, but since we have tasted a juicer steak the night before, we would recommend Moon Fish for your dinner, which is a few blocks down the same road.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishBones on a Tuesday nightBillVIPDined on 11/5/2014This is a very busy restaurant! My reservation for two people was for 6:45pm and we arrived on time. We sat in the entrance area for 40 minutes before we were seated. Once seated, the service was very good. My wife ordered the 16ounce lobster tail and I ordered the whole grilled red snapper. The lobster came out barely warm and dry (over cooked). My snapper could not have been better. There was not an empty seat in the place until after we finished eating and this is the "off season"in Orlando, the first week in November, an not a major convention in town. This restaurant was much better before it got so popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fishbones dining experienceBuckyDined on 10/30/2014a really nice restaurant with good food and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!MisterTDined on 10/29/2014I am not in Orlando very much but I make sure to eat at this restaurant each time I am here. It is always one of my favorite places to go! Simply the best fried shrimp I have ever eaten! Try it and you will understand.Special Features:
- Fabulous Find!CalypsoDined on 10/27/2014I discovered this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. Well worth it! Wonderful seafood and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!ladirogDined on 10/26/2014We have spent our last 3 anniversaries at Fishbones. The food is great! The waiter "Billy" was wonderful. Everything he suggested from the appetizer to include the desert was good. Be prepared to spend some though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceLoves2eatDined on 10/24/2014Had a nice meal at Fishbones last Friday evening. Good food and great service. Nice ambiance. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Fish nightTravelingAndHungryDined on 10/24/2014Friday is fish day. We were traveling and found this gem. The food, atmosphere, and service were all superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommendDillon38Dined on 10/23/2014Our table was a available immediately upon arriving. The wait staff worked well as a team to serve all of the customers. The manager even chipped in as he maneuvered around. Our waitress was key to our great dinner. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. My dish, triggerfish, was excellent. I did have the appetizer special which is the shrimp cocktail. Overall a great experience. The only negative was that I sat in a booth and there were four men adjacent to us and they were too close for comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014Great menu selection with a wide variety items. Each dinner was cooked to perfection. Love the fact that each entrée comes with a side and a salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than neighborhoodSeafoodluversDined on 10/19/2014Wonderful meal. Extremely flavorful and unexpected treat. In middle of tourist zone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014i was really surprised for the quality of this restaurant, everything was perfect...exceed my expectations...thank youSpecial Features:
- 18th October 2014BillyHDined on 10/18/2014Ordered Clam Chowder, it never arrived. When main course arrived and I drew attention to lack of starter I was asked if I wanted it at that point. With my steak already on table - I declined. No real apology or explanation - no reduction in bill. This is the second time this has happened to me at Fish Bones.
- Amazing fish and great serviceKat14Dined on 10/17/2014At the waiter's suggestion, I had the wood grilled trigger fish. It was some of the best fish I've ever had. Perfectly prepared and expertly seasoned. My friends had the stuffed shrimp and Mahi Mahi. They were equally impressed. Despite his name (Fluffy), our waiter was a true professional. He made the dining experience exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food, service, ambienceladydianegDined on 10/16/2014We usually go to Charlies when in Orlando, but decided to try Fishbones for a change. The food was expertly prepared and presented. They had wonderful soft jazz playing in the background. The fish tanks are very soothing and give an additional relaxation to your evening out. The service was outstanding without being overbearing. John Wilkonson (General Manager) took time out to talk to all of the clients to ensure that they had a great dining experience. He has a very engaging personality and I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any friend that will be in Orlando. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable mealDkb27Dined on 10/15/2014I took my children there. What a relief to get away from burgers and fries. Wonderful seafood. They keep wanting to go back now! I thought it was reasonably priced for the quality. I am from the UK though.Special Features:
- Great placeRedandpDined on 10/15/2014Found this using Tripadvisor and the reviews were great. They were right! We were on vacation and trying to find a place to eat, and we used the online reservation system. Food was very good and plentiful. Tom our server was awesome. If we ever get back that way we would eat there again.Special Features:
- Good mix of choicesSteelchickDined on 10/14/2014A colleague and I dined at Fishbones while in town on business! We were able to easily get reservations but we're not diss appointed in the quality of the food or drinks! Although if has typical surf and turf fare, there was also a nice selection of different menu items. The staff was pleasant and knowledgable. I would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic fish and steaksstellydineVIPDined on 10/11/2014The location is convenient to most Orlando attractions. The atmosphere is upscale the environment is upbeat. The fish was very fresh and cooked perfectly. The steaks were very high quality and cooked perfectly. The service by Jana was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceWeluv2eat14Dined on 10/10/2014My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining at fishbones! My husband and brother had the ribeye and raved about it! My sister and I had the seasonal fish special and enjoyed. Appetizers and cocktails were amazing! Kids menu was reasonable in price. We will definitely be visiting again when we return to Orlando. Wish they had one in Atlanta!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dinner, but very noisyChuck813Dined on 10/8/2014First time there.....overall, the food & service was outstanding...only slight complaint is that it was very noisy. This was a very special occasion for us, as it was both our anniversary and my wife's birthday. All of our family was there (7 of us) and we were all seated in the room in the far side from the main entrance. After being there only about 30 mins, the room quickly filled up. Felt like we were eating in a cafeteria with all of the noise. On the reservation request, I mentioned the special occasion but that did not seem to matter. The service and food were both outstanding, so we did not let the noise spoil our night. We would not have mind the noise on any other dinning out, but this was a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingYmas289Dined on 10/7/2014The service here is always terrific! Had Billy this time and he was nothing short of great!! The food has never let me down (4th visit now) the prime rib is the best in the US---literally. My husband had the whole snapper and loved it. They have a super gluten free menu that will not disappoint! So if you're looking to dress up and have an amazing dinner head here....or if you're me, head here no matter how you're dressed. I have shown up in business casual all the way to shorts n t-shirt--always greeted and treated the same!Special Features:
- Great Seafood & SteaksCsharp62Dined on 10/5/2014As always Fishbones never disappoints! This is one if my favorite restaurants to go to in Orlando. In fact, it's my only favorite! Good food, good drinks and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining clients from HawaiiMikeDined on 10/5/2014As usual, the salads were a huge hit. The duck was great, as was the prime rib and swordfish. The potatoes were very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Good food and service but way too over priced for what you get...even the seafood
- Great foodNJgalDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful selection of prime meat but wonderful choices for seafood lovers. Had a hard time making my dinner choice. Would definately recommend and return on my next trip to Orlando.Special Features:
- Excellent service by Melissa,DiverSpenceDined on 10/3/2014Service and food were great, we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 54 birthdayTNmanchester54Dined on 10/1/2014overall experience was good . we had a good waiter greet us and explain the menu and specials. I ordered the prime rib 16 oz med rare .. was not at all pleased with the cut of beef. it was tough to cut and has several veins I had to cut through. flavor was good , but for the price I was charged it did not seem like a PRIME cut . big part of fat and marbling was not there I would expect from Prime beef . After our meal was served our waiter checked on us once .. someone else had to refill drinks . we had brought a birthday cake and we had to get one of the managers to bring it out . but she was very friendly and helped cut the cake . we had to get the floor manager to get our check . my family enjoyed our visit ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fishbones - Sand Lake RoadOrlandoEpicureanCriticDined on 9/29/2014As always, Fishbones food was excellent and our waiter Anthony was very accommodating as were both on diets, so he was able to help us create a dinner platter with low-glycemic foods. I was however, surprised at their limited menu as compared to the massive menu at Fishbones Lake Mary where I frequently dine. Even though I was on a diet, I did ask if the have Red Velvet cake as a dessert option, like Fishbones Lake Mary, and they indicated no? Therefore for those of you who dine at Fishbones Lake Mary may be a little bit disappointed with their more limited menu and no Red Velvet cake option for dessert. The seafood and steaks were still on both menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FishTinaDined on 9/26/2014Prescott, our server, was attentiive and patient as he answered our many questions about the fish and its preparation. We were looking for something light and Prescott's suggestions were right on. We all decided our meals were delicious but the sea bass was he best! The ambiance is a little quirky....kind of an upscale fish camp but overall, it was a lovely dining experience....
- Food is only okayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/25/2014At this price point, we expected more than average food but everything we had - drinks, bread, salad, entrees - were nothing special and, in some cases poorly prepared. There was so much overly-salty seasoning on my fish that I couldn't even taste the fish.