FishBones - Orlando, FL
6707 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
FishBones - Orlando, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fishbonesrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4073520135x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raul Cervantes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from FishBones - Orlando, FL
With a menu as unique as its name, FishBones offers the freshest just-caught seafood, aged steaks and prime rib. FishBones’ gourmet cuisine is prepared on a custom-built pit over a Florida citrus and oak wood burning fire at 1200º searing in the fabulous flavors. A local favorite, FishBones is listed as one of America's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants and Orlando Magazine has crowned FishBones with the titles of “Best Restaurant” and “Best Seafood”. Experienced, friendly service in a Key West inspired atmosphere creates a comfortable setting for any dining event. An impressive wine list compliments the seafood and steak making FishBones the ultimate dining experience. We look forward to amazing you very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FishBones - Orlando, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (26)notable wine list (25)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Would recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Our table was a available immediately upon arriving. The wait staff worked well as a team to serve all of the customers. The manager even chipped in as he maneuvered around. Our waitress was key to our great dinner. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. My dish, triggerfish, was excellent. I did have the appetizer special which is the shrimp cocktail. Overall a great experience. The only negative was that I sat in a booth and there were four men adjacent to us and they were too close for comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014Great menu selection with a wide variety items. Each dinner was cooked to perfection. Love the fact that each entrée comes with a side and a salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than neighborhoodSeafoodluversDined on 10/19/2014Wonderful meal. Extremely flavorful and unexpected treat. In middle of tourist zone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014i was really surprised for the quality of this restaurant, everything was perfect...exceed my expectations...thank youSpecial Features:
- 18th October 2014BillyHDined on 10/18/2014Ordered Clam Chowder, it never arrived. When main course arrived and I drew attention to lack of starter I was asked if I wanted it at that point. With my steak already on table - I declined. No real apology or explanation - no reduction in bill. This is the second time this has happened to me at Fish Bones.
- Amazing fish and great serviceKat14Dined on 10/17/2014At the waiter's suggestion, I had the wood grilled trigger fish. It was some of the best fish I've ever had. Perfectly prepared and expertly seasoned. My friends had the stuffed shrimp and Mahi Mahi. They were equally impressed. Despite his name (Fluffy), our waiter was a true professional. He made the dining experience exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food, service, ambienceladydianegDined on 10/16/2014We usually go to Charlies when in Orlando, but decided to try Fishbones for a change. The food was expertly prepared and presented. They had wonderful soft jazz playing in the background. The fish tanks are very soothing and give an additional relaxation to your evening out. The service was outstanding without being overbearing. John Wilkonson (General Manager) took time out to talk to all of the clients to ensure that they had a great dining experience. He has a very engaging personality and I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any friend that will be in Orlando. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable mealDkb27Dined on 10/15/2014I took my children there. What a relief to get away from burgers and fries. Wonderful seafood. They keep wanting to go back now! I thought it was reasonably priced for the quality. I am from the UK though.Special Features:
- Great placeRedandpDined on 10/15/2014Found this using Tripadvisor and the reviews were great. They were right! We were on vacation and trying to find a place to eat, and we used the online reservation system. Food was very good and plentiful. Tom our server was awesome. If we ever get back that way we would eat there again.Special Features:
- Good mix of choicesSteelchickDined on 10/14/2014A colleague and I dined at Fishbones while in town on business! We were able to easily get reservations but we're not diss appointed in the quality of the food or drinks! Although if has typical surf and turf fare, there was also a nice selection of different menu items. The staff was pleasant and knowledgable. I would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic fish and steaksstellydineVIPDined on 10/11/2014The location is convenient to most Orlando attractions. The atmosphere is upscale the environment is upbeat. The fish was very fresh and cooked perfectly. The steaks were very high quality and cooked perfectly. The service by Jana was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceWeluv2eat14Dined on 10/10/2014My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining at fishbones! My husband and brother had the ribeye and raved about it! My sister and I had the seasonal fish special and enjoyed. Appetizers and cocktails were amazing! Kids menu was reasonable in price. We will definitely be visiting again when we return to Orlando. Wish they had one in Atlanta!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dinner, but very noisyChuck813Dined on 10/8/2014First time there.....overall, the food & service was outstanding...only slight complaint is that it was very noisy. This was a very special occasion for us, as it was both our anniversary and my wife's birthday. All of our family was there (7 of us) and we were all seated in the room in the far side from the main entrance. After being there only about 30 mins, the room quickly filled up. Felt like we were eating in a cafeteria with all of the noise. On the reservation request, I mentioned the special occasion but that did not seem to matter. The service and food were both outstanding, so we did not let the noise spoil our night. We would not have mind the noise on any other dinning out, but this was a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingYmas289Dined on 10/7/2014The service here is always terrific! Had Billy this time and he was nothing short of great!! The food has never let me down (4th visit now) the prime rib is the best in the US---literally. My husband had the whole snapper and loved it. They have a super gluten free menu that will not disappoint! So if you're looking to dress up and have an amazing dinner head here....or if you're me, head here no matter how you're dressed. I have shown up in business casual all the way to shorts n t-shirt--always greeted and treated the same!Special Features:
- Great Seafood & SteaksCsharp62Dined on 10/5/2014As always Fishbones never disappoints! This is one if my favorite restaurants to go to in Orlando. In fact, it's my only favorite! Good food, good drinks and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining clients from HawaiiMikeDined on 10/5/2014As usual, the salads were a huge hit. The duck was great, as was the prime rib and swordfish. The potatoes were very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Good food and service but way too over priced for what you get...even the seafood
- Great foodNJgalDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful selection of prime meat but wonderful choices for seafood lovers. Had a hard time making my dinner choice. Would definately recommend and return on my next trip to Orlando.Special Features:
- Excellent service by Melissa,DiverSpenceDined on 10/3/2014Service and food were great, we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 54 birthdayTNmanchester54Dined on 10/1/2014overall experience was good . we had a good waiter greet us and explain the menu and specials. I ordered the prime rib 16 oz med rare .. was not at all pleased with the cut of beef. it was tough to cut and has several veins I had to cut through. flavor was good , but for the price I was charged it did not seem like a PRIME cut . big part of fat and marbling was not there I would expect from Prime beef . After our meal was served our waiter checked on us once .. someone else had to refill drinks . we had brought a birthday cake and we had to get one of the managers to bring it out . but she was very friendly and helped cut the cake . we had to get the floor manager to get our check . my family enjoyed our visit ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fishbones - Sand Lake RoadOrlandoEpicureanCriticDined on 9/29/2014As always, Fishbones food was excellent and our waiter Anthony was very accommodating as were both on diets, so he was able to help us create a dinner platter with low-glycemic foods. I was however, surprised at their limited menu as compared to the massive menu at Fishbones Lake Mary where I frequently dine. Even though I was on a diet, I did ask if the have Red Velvet cake as a dessert option, like Fishbones Lake Mary, and they indicated no? Therefore for those of you who dine at Fishbones Lake Mary may be a little bit disappointed with their more limited menu and no Red Velvet cake option for dessert. The seafood and steaks were still on both menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FishTinaDined on 9/26/2014Prescott, our server, was attentiive and patient as he answered our many questions about the fish and its preparation. We were looking for something light and Prescott's suggestions were right on. We all decided our meals were delicious but the sea bass was he best! The ambiance is a little quirky....kind of an upscale fish camp but overall, it was a lovely dining experience....
- Food is only okayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/25/2014At this price point, we expected more than average food but everything we had - drinks, bread, salad, entrees - were nothing special and, in some cases poorly prepared. There was so much overly-salty seasoning on my fish that I couldn't even taste the fish.
- Great Food & ServiceKCallahanDined on 9/23/2014We've eaten here quite often, even though we live in Jacksonville. It's the "when wer're in Orlando" place to eat. The service is always great and the food is excellent. Lots of choices from the menu. Being light drinkers, we can't speak to the wine list or drink selections. It's a must place to eat in Orlando. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Our visit was a Saturday night and we were surprised they were not busy. Service was excellent, the drinks, food and wine were very good, though fairly "formula". All in all a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Experience was OK. Waitress service started of good, but dropped off at end of meal. Got gum on my shoe at valet stand. left with bad feelings for a rather expensive dinner. My wife's swordfish was partially dry. I wasn't aware how my salmon was going to be prepared. It was delicious, but not how I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what we were lookin for!!!JesseMNDined on 9/19/2014Family was craving sea food so we googled restaurants from our Orlando hotel room and found "FishBones." From our arrival with the valet parking, warm greeting from the hosts and the extremely knowledgeable server who was grilled with questions from my 9 yr old. Great food, service and family friendly atmosphere makes "Fishbones" a great place to enjoy a family night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality dining and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Fish Bones is a great restaurant overall, the plus is the quality of the food but I found portions to be a little to big for me but it makes sense since this is not an economical restaurant. Expect a moderate to large bill but is very well worth it, free valet parking, quiet atmosphere and a sure fit for a romatic evening or even family dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This was My first time to Fish Bones but it will not be my last! Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. Renee was our waitress and she was awesome! Christine was our food runner and was delightful then the manager stopped by the table and that was very impressive. So many restaurants don't do that and I think it shows excellent service from management. We will tell everyone about Fish Bones and it will be our new regular place. Great food, service and staff. Plus the cheese bread and house salad rocks...... LOVED IT!!!!!Special Features:
- not2pickyVIPDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I were promptly seated, and served by Carlos, who along with the kitchen did a marvelous job of accommodating my wife's dairy allergy. We both enjoyed the unique style of ceviche which resembled more of a deconstructed shrimp/seafood cocktail. I had blackened swordfish with mango salsa. It was very good, though the mango was not quite ripe so was a bit hard. My wife had the special filet and lobster tail, and both were cooked perfectly and delicious. I loved the cheese bread which was a great accompaniment.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningGarytheglassDined on 9/8/2014A most enjoyable evening, food very good, we both had the Chilean Sea Bass, however the chocolate cake was enormous. Share it it's to much for wanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Favorite!ianpkaufmanDined on 9/7/2014Although I love them all, Fishbones is by far my favorite in the Talk of The Town group. Great laid back ambiance and the same great quality you would expect from TOTT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great VisitFortMyersDined on 9/5/2014Whenever we are in Orlando, we make sure we eat at Fishbones. This has been one of our favorite restaurants for years. As always, the service and the meal were outstanding. Never had a bad meal or a bad experience here. Will be in Orlando in a few months and will be there again.Special Features:
- Andrew made our nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014We live in Hunters Creek and go out frequently. The food was excellent, flavorful and cooked just right. Andrew was one the best waiters we have encountered. He was very personable, funny and professional and never overbearing. Thank you!
- DmwgeminiVIPDined on 8/26/2014Food was very disappointing. The best part of my meal was the bread. Escargot had garlic powder on it instead of fresh garlic and it didn't get better from there.
- Great food. Excellent service.TBoneDined on 8/25/2014The food at Fishbones was very good. I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass with lump crab lemon butter topping with a baked potato. The potato was delicious and did not seem to be pre-baked, which Made me extremely happy. The fish was delicious. My husband ordered the New York Strip Steak with garlic mashed potatoes. Neither of us were able to finish everything so the portion sizes were great. The lighting was a bit too dim but other than that, the ambience was great. Last but not least the service was great. Christina H. Was our waitress and she was delightful. I should mention that it was not very busy when we went at9pm on a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyKingofbeefDined on 8/22/2014I chose this restaurant for date night with my wife. The service and atmosphere were both fine, also the salad, bread, and potatoes were very good. The issue was the main entre. I had the prime rib which when smoked, tastes like brisket. My wife had the mixed grill with two kinds of fish that were well over done with no sauce to hide how terribly it was prepared and a scampi plate containing scallops and shrimp that were like trying to eat through a bowl full of rubber bands. We will not be returning.
- Superb!PandCCustomDined on 8/16/2014There is no wrong choice when selecting from this menu. Beautiful cuts of steak and fresh fish. The food is delicious and the service from start to finish is such a pleasure. We been coming for years and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- If you love fresh seafood ...,,WtravelerDined on 8/16/2014Fishbone is a " must do " for anyone visiting Orlando and is searching for the "perfect seafood experience." Highly recommended for picky diners, in search of fresh seafood, prepared to order. We have recommended it on various occasions to family and friends; they have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the real valueDisapointedDined on 8/15/2014Small choice of starter, noisy table around and very pricey for quality of food. Cannot recommend it.Special Features: