FishBones - Orlando, FL
6707 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
FishBones - Orlando, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fishbonesrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4073520135x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raul Cervantes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from FishBones - Orlando, FL
With a menu as unique as its name, FishBones offers the freshest just-caught seafood, aged steaks and prime rib. FishBones’ gourmet cuisine is prepared on a custom-built pit over a Florida citrus and oak wood burning fire at 1200º searing in the fabulous flavors. A local favorite, FishBones is listed as one of America's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants and Orlando Magazine has crowned FishBones with the titles of “Best Restaurant” and “Best Seafood”. Experienced, friendly service in a Key West inspired atmosphere creates a comfortable setting for any dining event. An impressive wine list compliments the seafood and steak making FishBones the ultimate dining experience. We look forward to amazing you very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
FishBones - Orlando, FL - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
FishBones - Orlando, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (39)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (8)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Superb!PandCCustomDined on 8/16/2014There is no wrong choice when selecting from this menu. Beautiful cuts of steak and fresh fish. The food is delicious and the service from start to finish is such a pleasure. We been coming for years and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- If you love fresh seafood ...,,WtravelerDined on 8/16/2014Fishbone is a " must do " for anyone visiting Orlando and is searching for the "perfect seafood experience." Highly recommended for picky diners, in search of fresh seafood, prepared to order. We have recommended it on various occasions to family and friends; they have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the real valueDisapointedDined on 8/15/2014Small choice of starter, noisy table around and very pricey for quality of food. Cannot recommend it.Special Features:
- cherylDined on 8/15/2014we have always wanted to try fish bones, so I decided to take my husband there for our 25th anniversary, (BAD MISTAKE) they all knew it was our anniversary and did nothing at all for us, not even a free dessert, the food was the worst we have honestly ever eaten , except for the salad---it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on a meal out...my chicken dish was tasteless, my husbands shrimp was so over done it was like rubber--my gosh people , we live in florida and they had no sweet tea---our waiter was slow in serving us with refilling our drinks---all I can say , is what a huge disappointment this was for us on such a special day !!!
- Good foodbbttliketoeatDined on 8/14/2014Good selection of fresh fish & a plus as to different styles/types of preparation. Good choice /selection of appetizers. Yummy bread and liked that the meals came with salad. Would suggest it to others/& guests/&tourists too.Special Features:
- Fabulous!FoodiegirlsDined on 8/10/2014I have been to Fishbones a few times and have never had a mediocre meal. Everything is always fresh and tastes amazing. I brought my best friend and she LOVED it! We had the almond butter fried lobster appetizer; amazing. She had Chilean Sea Bass and I had a 20 oz lobster tail. Everything was amazing and Fishbones is now my bestie ' s favorite place to eat! We drove 2 hrs just to eat here and are doing it again next week! Also, the service was impeccable. Our waiter was very attentive and answered all of our questions, of which there were many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!OrlandofirstimerDined on 8/7/2014Big thanks to Melissa!! She was very informative of all the meals and specials. Extremely friendly and tended to our needs before we could ask for anything! Gator starters were a great start to some flavorful meals. Had something for the pickiest eaters, filet mignon and lobster melted in your mouth! Pork chops larger than most steaks was one of the juiciest I've ever tried. Valet was not needed in small parking lot however understandable during stormy weather. If ever in Orlando, stop into FishBones for a great meal and say Hi to Melissa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience dining at the barOutOfTownerDined on 8/7/2014I was on my own for dinner and decided to eat at the bar. Nicole was exceptional; just the right amount of attention, very knowledagble, great personality. Decided on the whole snapper, which is a little bit of work with lots of bones, but if you are willing to work it, the flavor was worth the effort. Very tasty. Will be back.
- Lovely surpriseFitnFunDined on 8/6/2014We had a wonderful experience at Fish Bones the other evening. Andrew, our server was knowledgable and friendly, the drinks (coconut mojitos) were deliscious, and our entrees (Chilean Sea Bass, grilled over citrus infused wood, and Mahi Tuna with the mango chili sauce) were some of the best we've tasted in quite a long time! I highly recommend Fish Bones, and if you're fortunate enough to have Andrew as your server, please tell him that Pam and John from CT, say hello!Special Features:
- Perfection!TracyFLDined on 8/2/2014From our cocktails to dessert, every flavor was spot-on! Don't miss the escargot, they are to die for. Juicy, tender and flavorful, even those in my party that don't really like them were amazed at the great flavor.Special Features:
- First visit - didn't disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014we have lived in this neighborhood for over 20 years, that was our first visit to Fishbones, because we don't like the International Dr traffic. ambience was wonderful, food was great, and service outstanding. Traffic? it still stinks, making visiting this restaurant harder for us. Our server, Felicia, was lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience and Meal2VirginiansDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I made reservations by this site on July 18, 2014 for the same night. They went through without a hitch. We arrived a bit early, but were greeted warmly and immediately seated. Our waiter, Carlos, was friendly and knowledgeable. We each ordered meals of one of the fish-of-the day selections, Sue the Triggerfish and I the Grouper. Both were excellently grilled and tasty. The house salad presented before the meal was also excellent and the cheesy bread that came with the meal was very good. I asked for seconds on the bread and it was brought with no additional charge. The wine list is amazing, but we were able to get two individual glasses of a good Pinot Grigio for a reasonable price. It is clean and pleasantly decorated inside.Special Features:
- Crab didn't make me crabbyMLOODined on 7/14/2014Enjoyed some of the best king crab legs ever. Nice booth, great server, Lori...thanksSpecial Features:
- I return again and againHurster97Dined on 7/6/2014This is really a treat each time I visit the area. The staff are always warm and welcoming, a very friendly atmosphere. The portions are in line with the cost and I have never been disappointed. (I could feast on the house salad and delicious bread alone!) My only wish is that this gem was located in a different location. Sadly the ticky tacky tourist industry has build up around it and it's difficult to get in and out of the parking lot, as well as the surrounding businesses are less than desirable. However, once inside, you are surrounded by a great atmosphere, super people and wonderful food. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to get away from chain restaurants and tourist traps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWalpDined on 7/3/2014Great service great food A NY strip to remember All this at very reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish BonesDineplsDined on 7/2/2014Food & service excellent. Waitress very attentive without being intrusive. Great menu particularly as it gives several choices as to how you would like your fish cooked. Was there 3 yrs ago & returned to find it is still a wonderful restaurant. Only 1 minor thing, I would like to see a little more variety with the potato choices, some that are a little less calorificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great little spotRegularFoodGuyDined on 6/29/2014This is our second time at this place. Their computer system actually reminded the staff that we had been there a year ago and we were welcomed back. Food is always fantastic and lots of options.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceLuv2EatWellDined on 6/28/2014The Dinner menu is what sent us to select Fish Bones over the many other fantastic restaurants in the area, plus the fact That Fish Bones has never let us down. Perfect meal and service to cap off a week at a Family Gathering. Can't wait till next visit. Jimmy W. Decatur, ALSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindCag0916Dined on 6/24/2014Had a wonderful meal, food was very good - had the salmon! Prescott, our server, was very attentive and made great recommendations. It was a bit warm in the restaurant though, probably due to the extreme heat outside and the fire grill inside, but had a great meal in spite of that.Special Features:
- Seafood & SteakTatesamDined on 6/18/2014We had a great meal of steak and lobster. However, our friends did not like their duck and fried shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DaySteakloverDined on 6/15/2014Family dinner for Father's Day was excellent. The service was great. Steaks were cooked exactly as ordered, tender and flavorful. Our second time visiting the restaurant and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!KimchiDined on 6/13/2014We spent iur anniversary there and couldnt have been more pleased with the quality of the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!CMac7Dined on 6/13/2014We went to FishBones for an early Father's Day dinner. Food was very good and the servings are very generous. Our server, Renee, and her manager made our dining experience very pleasurable. Both Renee and manager was very personable and very accommodating. We will dine there again!Special Features:
- fishbones orlandocherobrienVIPDined on 6/12/2014Not being familiar with the area, we chose a restaurant based on the location and reviews in Open Table. We were very pleased with the food and service. We would go back there again next time we visit the Orlando area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IF IN ORLANDO, WORTH A STOPSmartdogDined on 6/10/2014Not our first visit to Fishbones as we always make a point to eat here when in Orlando on business. Always enjoy the fresh catches of the day prepared in several inventive styles. I always trust the server's recommendation, and have never had one go wrong. Service is always what it should be and servers know the food they serve.Special Features:
- Poor Service/Cold foodDisappointedDined on 6/10/2014The service was poor. The server had too many tables. Food cold. Order wrong.
- Fish Bones OrlandoSoulman1251VIPDined on 6/8/2014Business group of 6 was seated quickly, great service, generous drinks. The main menu had great selection and the grouper was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We have visited a few times and have always had great food (2nd visit my husband's steak was a little to done but still OK). We took my parents here on our 3rd visit for their retirement. They are from out of state and we didn't want to take them to the normal chains. They were highly impressed and enjoyed their dinner. I had made reservations which they ask if you are celebrating anything and I mentioned their retirement. We were greeted with a congrats, the manager came over to wish them well and the waiter was outstanding. Very attenative. We ordered the chocolate cake for dessert and it was AWESOME! We have always gone to FishBones but am looking forward to trying the other Talk of the Town options.Special Features:
- DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPECOLDPRIMERIBDined on 6/7/2014PRIME RIB WAS AS COLD AS AN EXECUTIONERS HEART.MY DAUGHTER WAS TALKED OUT OF WHAT SHE NORMALLY GETS SERVER SAID IT WAS A BIGGER STEAK AND $10 LESS BUT IN REALITY IT WOUND UP COSTING $10 MORE AND WAS A LOT SMALLER STEAK THAN THE RIB EYE SHE ALWAYS ORDER SHE IS AN EXTREMELY MODEST PERSON AND WOULD NOT LET ME RAISE HELL ABOUT IT AND SINCE IT WAS HER TREAT I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING.THIS ITEM THAT SHE ORDERED WAS NOT ON THE REGULAR MENU AND THAT I THINK WAS THE PRIMARY CAUSE OF THE MISTAKE BUT HEY WE SPENT $135 IN THERE AND TO ME IT WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF HER HARD EARNED MONEY BUT HEY YOU LIVE AND LEARN.Special Features:
- Good not great for date night.lovedatenightDined on 6/6/2014Made a reservation for date night and upon arrival found my reservation was kept. Table was ok, but would have enjoyed it much more if the seat-backs separating the tables were higher for a little more privacy. I felt that I had to keep my voice down a bit in order for the next table not to easily hear my conversation. Also, it might be a good idea, in my opinion, to offer, at the front door, flowers for sale. It would give patrons the ability to purchase flowers and have them brought to the table for that added extra something on date night. Especially when guys like me either forget or don't have time to stop and get them. Other than this, we, my now new girlfriend and me, had a very nice time. The food and service ware excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good experienceSharonDined on 6/6/2014We have dined at this restaurant many, many times over the years on weekend visits to Orlando. The food and service have been consistently good and we always look forward to going back. The clam chowder is the best I have had anywhere - very fresh tasting and loaded with clams. My favorite thing about Fishbones is the fact you can get very high quality food and excellent service in a relatively casual atmosphere - that is my ultimate test and Fishbones passes with flying colors. Please note that these comments pertain only to the Orlando location. I do not like the Lake Mary location nearly as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay - but could have been better.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Food wasn't bad and wasn't very good. It was just okay. The service was very good however, the 'very' cold room was a big problem. We had a group of 13 and we were all taking rotations to go outside because we were so cold. It wasn't a refreshing type of cold, it was a freezing type of cold. Bring something to keep you warmer.
- Best fish restaurant in O-townRfamily9VIPDined on 6/1/2014We went to fish bones on international,drive and thought it was fabulous. It is unique that you can get great fresh seafood AND great steaks at one restaurant, you will NOT be disappointedSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerNancyC63Dined on 6/1/2014We dined her for my husbands birthday. Charley's was his favorite steak spot but they closed down the location and we decided to try Fish Bones as they cook the steak the same way Charley's did. He was very pleased and a special bonus for me as they had my favorite fish Chilean Sea Bass which was excellent.Special Features:
- Great happy hour!dayspacrewDined on 5/31/20143 friends & I went for dinner when arriving in Orlando. We decided to stop in the lounge for happy hour first. Wonderful Dirty Martinis Specials on other drinks also. While looking at the HH menu we saw some very good apps also. We decided to have a couple with our drinks before going in for dinner. They were wonderful! We ended up eating all of them. Grilled garlic parm oysters, blackened fish tacos, great sushi roll & much more. We couldn't eat another bite when we were done with them. The grill had some wonderful dishes cooking. We will be back for sure. We were in town for a Spa convention we attend every year. I won't wait till next year to visit again! Service was wonderful also. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014I have been going to Fish Bones for many years.Same great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantFoodie4UDined on 5/24/2014I travel frequently and Fish Bones is my favorite, consistently great place to eat, in all my travels. If you want a special evening with great food, this is the place. For an added benefit, ask for Ed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MomBirthday2014Dined on 5/23/2014Everything we ordered was delicious. Their crab cakes were an excellent appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just for TouristsBillVIPDined on 5/21/2014I used to think that this location was just for tourists. Not so now. New management teams have made it a quality stop. The NY Strip was outstanding, as was the Prime Rib, and the Grouper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we found it earlierUnderrecognizedDined on 5/20/2014We went to a convention while hotel did not recommend wish they had. Fish was perfect shrimp appetizer almost a ceviche was awesome steaks looked great. Our desert was very good. Prices for food quality was a valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.