FishBones - Lake Mary
7005 County Road 46A
Lake Mary, FL 32746Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
FishBones - Lake Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://talkofthetownrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4075850470
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Saturday 4:30-6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Michael
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have three dining areas inside that can accommodate groups from 14 to 100. We also have an outdoor patio that can be used for groups from 20 to 150.
- Private Party Contact: Group Dining 4075813236
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday through Saturday on our patio
A word from FishBones - Lake Mary
With a menu as unique as its name, FishBones offers the freshest just-caught seafood, aged steaks and prime rib. Cutting-edge sushi and fresh oysters round out the menu at this “local favorite” restaurant. FishBones’ gourmet cuisine is prepared on a custom-built pit over a Florida citrus and oak wood burning fire at 1200º searing in the fabulous flavors. FishBones is listed as one of America's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants and Orlando Magazine has crowned FishBones with the titles of “Best Restaurant”,“ Best Seafood”, “Best Outdoor Dining” and “Best Place for Cocktails”. Experienced, friendly service in a Key West inspired atmosphere creates a comfortable setting for any dining event. An impressive wine list compliments the seafood and steak making FishBones the ultimate dining experience. We look forward to amazing you very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FishBones - Lake Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (55)notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (38)great for outdoor dining (35)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (8)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014The seafood here is just absolutely fabulous. It is one place where you get what you pay for and I mean that in a good way. It's always my choice for special occasions. I had the Black Grouper and my girlfriend has the Chilean Sea Bass. I would like to try a steak there sometime, but the seafood is just too good to pass up.Special Features:
- Good foodcrater5VIPDined on 9/27/2014We took our 3 children. Food was good. They forgot my salad and the calamari was too chewy. Steaks were great. My son loved his cheese burger. We would definitely try the restaurant again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Awesomeness!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary at Fishbones. We had a early dinner so it wasn't crowed or noisy. We could actually enjoy our intimate conversation. Our waiters name was Chris. He was very kind and patient. Another kind gentleman ( didn't catch his name ) came to our table and gave us a very tasty appetizer and cookies. It was the perfect dinner and the food was amazing! We will return to Fishbones and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceteenagersintowDined on 9/24/2014Outstanding service. Very impressed with the manager. He really doted on the customers and made sure everyone was happy.Special Features:
- very nice seafoodpmnyVIPDined on 9/23/2014A nice seafood restaurant in Lake Mary. Service could have been slightly better, but over all a good spot for seafood, steaks and cocktails. Nice wine list also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time here as it was highly recommended from a friend. My husband and I thought the food was fantastic and reasonably price for the quality of food. Our service was very nice and gave us suggestions and we felt like he took time with us and cared that our dining service was an excellent experience. We plan on returning lots of times for our date nights.Special Features:
- not the best timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014We were there on Thursday night. We were seated promptly. It was abnormally hot and we were seated inside near the patio bar. It smelled horribly like cigarettes. My pork chop was over cooked and so was the veggies. The orzo was greasy. The calamari was awesome. The service was great but the total experience due to the food prep was sub par. We might try again but I would prefer to go to Vito's across town.Special Features:
- Fishbones is special.Bill27nyrDined on 9/16/2014I throughly enjoy Fishbones, the food is always delicious. The people are knowledgeable ,friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good at FishWJM32779Dined on 9/14/2014Our table ordered Fish and Crab (separately). Crab was steamed and tasteless. Fish Very overcooked. I am done with this place.
- Always a hit!WPfanDined on 9/12/2014Just a casual weekend dinner with our family, but always so terrific! Food, service, and atmosphere is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful ExperiencePeterVIPDined on 9/12/2014Accommodating staff, great food and beautiful restaurant made our anniversary celebration only better. We have been coming to FishBones since it opened and always have a great experience. They really care about their customers. I highly recommend FishBones, for any occasion.Special Features:
- Too expensive for cold foodChamp24VIPDined on 9/6/2014Our dinner service took 2.5 hours to complete with overcooked protien and cold side dishes after a long wait. The prices are way to high for the quality of the food and the service. This is the second time in a row we have had this bad experience and won't be venturing back to Fishbones.Special Features:
- perfect anniversarygogofishbonesDined on 9/6/2014it was our 11th wedding anniversary and its also my wifes favorite place to eat, when you have time to enjoy the evening. I recommend it to my friends for not only special occasions , but a fun night out with excellent food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceSteve196Dined on 9/5/2014If you like steaks, do yourself a favor and try the prime rib. I went for a t-bone after reviewing the menu, and my mother got the prime rib, and while my steak was perfection, the prime rib was out of this world. They serve it unlike anywhere I've ever tried: blackened on a hard wood plank. The flavors were amazing and it might be one of the top 3 steaks I've had in my life. Otherwise, everything was spot on. Our server Allen was exceptional and they surprised us with a appetizer of "tuna nachos" which is really just a perfect serving of shashimi tuna on a nori chip. Small detail, but it made a wonderful night even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishbonesMPOTVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was OK. I have had lots better. It was a little pricey. I don't think I will go back. Mediocre seafood, pricey and every time to door opened to the patio, I had to smell tobacco smoke. I think the place is overated.
- Always specialSoCalFoodieDined on 9/2/2014This place never fails. The food, service and the overall atmosphere of it are excellent. I've been going there a long time and have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MindyMindyDined on 9/2/2014Great place with good menu choices. We have dined here many times and have never been disappointed. Noise level is too loud for a dining room of this caliber. Great Happy Hour menu as well. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- No just no.BWildeVIPDined on 8/31/2014Bottom line: the servers were attentive but the meal was terrible. The food was overly seasoned (loads of salt and butter) yet bland and over cooked. I have never seen steamed veggies served so limp even though they were just peeled (carrots) and cut into quarters (carrots and zucchini). I had the mahi mahi and my husband had shrimp. The kitschy marine decor should have been a giveaway for what was to come. If you like bad diner cuisine this is the place to come get it in some style. However the place needs a spin on Restaurant impossible to save it soon. I am sorry we went.
- Salt overloadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014As soon as we were seated, our waiter (by accident) spilled two glasses of water on my husband and other guest. We were moved to a different table. The food was the saltiest meal I have ever had, I have eaten at Fishbones before and never experienced this, even with the same menu item. This was mentioned to the waiter who said he would let the the chef know ..... Really? Water on my husband and an oversalted dinner and nothing to compensate .... Two days later I am still tasting all the salt ..... Will not be going back for a long time! At those prices I would expect more!Special Features:
- Big disappointment - go elsewhereMCODinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was terrible - many missing items, appetizer was never delivered, server not checking back to verify everything was ok which it was not. Multiple entrees arrived undercooked and cold. Manager did not take appropriate actions to rectify or compensate for terrible experience throughout the evening, despite our table's politeness and tact. Did not seem to care. Do not go to this restaurant - there are much better choices at this price point within the area and in the greater Orlando area. Probably explains why on a Saturday night the restaurant was less than 25% full. Many other restaurants on OpenTable did not even have availability on the same evening, so the calendar isn't the reason. Can't see this place surviving much longer.
- Great Meal, AgainFredmoflaDined on 8/30/2014Our most recent trip to Bonefish was as good as ever. The food is excellent. Everything we had was fresh and delicious. The service was great. Rachel took very good care of the three of us, which includes our 8 year old daughter, a real "foodie". They offer a children's menu, which is very nice. The shrimp cocktail, clam chowder and the lobster bisque were fabulous. The entrees, which included steak, fish and shrimp were delectable. And the house salad is very unique. The room is lovely, and the entire experience was memorable. Bonefish is not cheap, but the food and ambiance, as well as the service make it a place we go to for a special dinner. We will continue to dine there when we can.Special Features:
- Special OccasionSatisfiedDined on 8/25/2014We always go to Fishbones for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. We are really treated special.Special Features:
- Special occasionFcg264Dined on 8/24/2014We celebrated our 46 year anniversary and had a very nice meal and enjoyable experience. Fish was fresh and tasty. Service was excellent and manager checked on us several times. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLuv2dineDined on 8/22/2014We love this restaurant and the food is always great, especially the chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!PrinceOfUSADined on 8/22/2014We had dinner at FishBones to celebrate our Anniversary. First time we visited this restaurant and our experience was awesome. We had Macadamia Crusted Florida Gulf Mahi Mahi and that was worth the money! We had a fabulous time and will definitely go back again. If anything negative, we would like to have a more romantic atmosphere for our night. The light tend to more of the cold side (bluish), instead of to a warm color. The pictures taken missed the yellow/red warm color, and our faces looked cold - and that is not a memory you want to have of your Anniversary :-)Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/22/2014Aug 22 dined at Fishbones for birthday dinner. Calamari, salad and bread. No issues. Fillet mignon ordered MW came out WD! Second steak was a poor quality of meat, fatty, thin and well done. It was chewy! Brought it home for my dog. Shrimp are flattened and over breaded. Poor quality of food. Very disappointed. Not the way to celebrate a special evening. Steak. POOR quality and over cooked!
- HoneyBadger4HoneyBadger4Dined on 8/19/2014First time dinner at this restaurant, wonderful and delicious! We will definitely be return guests and bring friends.Special Features:
- A wonderful restaurant!luv2wineandineDined on 8/16/2014It was a wonderful experience. It was my first time there. My brother and myself celebrated our birthdays on Saturday evening. We wanted to try something different and upscale. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was terrific. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was excellent. And the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great.Davidg1977VIPDined on 8/14/2014Well executed classic that knows how to feed a group well with good food and very good service. Struggles a bit with identity as it is a mix of bar scene, steakhouse, seafood place, sushi bar, happy hour. Could use updated ambience and flavors but executes well on what it's been doing for many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Foodie12Dined on 8/14/2014I went with a group of family members for dinner and it was outstanding! Our server had good knowledge of the menu and steered us in all the right directions. He could tell what kind of drink we all would like ad helped us order our meals. The service was also very good because my drink would almost be gone and all of a sudden I would have another one, I wouldn't even see him put it down. Also the atmosphere in that place is very romantic and clasy. I will be going back very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually very good, but not tonightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Typically the food quality is great at Fishbones. I dine here with clients very often. This night I ordered the strip and it was literally like trying to cut shoe leather. VERY grisly cut of meat tonight and it did not appear to be aged at all. The young girl who served us tried her best, but, unfortunately, she was just to green. (probably a brand-new server) The combination of both the steak quality and the service really disappointed me this time.
- Exceptional !Gourmet007Dined on 8/12/2014A cordial greeting at the door, a smile from our waiter who exhibited pure professionalism throughout our dining experience and properly prepared and excellent presentation on all plates. For the truly fussy diner, this is Nervana.Special Features:
- Close but no cigarAwol737Dined on 8/12/2014Took family of 4 out to FishBones to celebrate my son's birthday. My son ordered a 12oz Filet Mignon which was cooked exactly to his specifications and delicious. My wife and I both ordered shrimp dishes that were flavorful, perfectly cooked, and large in size. Unfortunately, my daughter ordered a plank salmon that was woefully undercooked. Basically raw and mushy. We were very surprised since everything else was excellent. Manager came over and tried his best to make things right to his credit. We had dessert that was very good - chocolate cake, key lime pie, and carrot cake. Lastly, I was somewhat disappointed they didn't comp my son's dessert on his birthday, especially in light of the salmon issue. No military discount either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineoutDined on 8/11/2014was very impressed with your server his name was Guy.we made sure we was taken care of right awayand was very courteous to my familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for a great steak?RavennDined on 8/9/2014If so this is your place. This restaurant is one of the family of restaurants associated with Charlie's steakhouse. The absolute best steak I have ever had. It has a comfortable dining area and a staff that was very attentive. Thanks JenSpecial Features:
- What I like, what I don'tWhalestaleDined on 8/9/2014I had the blackened prime rib. As a non fish eater this is my favorite item on the menu. My husband and I dine here regularly so I've had the opportunity to try several different dishes. On this occasion we dined with friends one room over from the bar entrance. We've sat here before and I have to say it is the worst place in the restaurant to sit. The constant opening and closing of the door outside to the bar is disruptive. The music outside is obnoxiously loud so mid conversation one must stop and wait until the door closes EVERY TIME it opens, which is often. We made our reservations a week in advance, so I'm not sure why they stuck us in the "you walked in last minute with no reservation, you're lucky to eat" room. Never again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The waiter we had was very good. He was very attentive and made sure we were doing well.Special Features:
- Excellent!Jlo2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent and the service was excellent. They have an interesting wine list. Definitely a place to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ExperienceWarrenDined on 8/8/2014The noise level was rather loud. But the item that caught my guests attention, was how utterly filthy the servers uniform was.