FishBones - Lake Mary
7005 County Road 46A
Lake Mary, FL 32746Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
FishBones - Lake Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://talkofthetownrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4075850470
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Saturday 4:30-6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Michael
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have three dining areas inside that can accommodate groups from 14 to 100. We also have an outdoor patio that can be used for groups from 20 to 150.
- Private Party Contact: Group Dining 4075813236
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday through Saturday on our patio
A word from FishBones - Lake Mary
With a menu as unique as its name, FishBones offers the freshest just-caught seafood, aged steaks and prime rib. Cutting-edge sushi and fresh oysters round out the menu at this “local favorite” restaurant. FishBones’ gourmet cuisine is prepared on a custom-built pit over a Florida citrus and oak wood burning fire at 1200º searing in the fabulous flavors. FishBones is listed as one of America's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants and Orlando Magazine has crowned FishBones with the titles of “Best Restaurant”,“ Best Seafood”, “Best Outdoor Dining” and “Best Place for Cocktails”. Experienced, friendly service in a Key West inspired atmosphere creates a comfortable setting for any dining event. An impressive wine list compliments the seafood and steak making FishBones the ultimate dining experience. We look forward to amazing you very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
FishBones - Lake Mary - Best Restaurants in Lake Mary ›
FishBones - Lake Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)romantic (61)notable wine list (60)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (40)vibrant bar scene (37)great for outdoor dining (36)hot spot (29)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014We always go to Fishbones for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. We are really treated special.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We celebrated our 46 year anniversary and had a very nice meal and enjoyable experience. Fish was fresh and tasty. Service was excellent and manager checked on us several times. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLuv2dineDined on 8/22/2014We love this restaurant and the food is always great, especially the chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!PrinceOfUSADined on 8/22/2014We had dinner at FishBones to celebrate our Anniversary. First time we visited this restaurant and our experience was awesome. We had Macadamia Crusted Florida Gulf Mahi Mahi and that was worth the money! We had a fabulous time and will definitely go back again. If anything negative, we would like to have a more romantic atmosphere for our night. The light tend to more of the cold side (bluish), instead of to a warm color. The pictures taken missed the yellow/red warm color, and our faces looked cold - and that is not a memory you want to have of your Anniversary :-)Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Aug 22 dined at Fishbones for birthday dinner. Calamari, salad and bread. No issues. Fillet mignon ordered MW came out WD! Second steak was a poor quality of meat, fatty, thin and well done. It was chewy! Brought it home for my dog. Shrimp are flattened and over breaded. Poor quality of food. Very disappointed. Not the way to celebrate a special evening. Steak. POOR quality and over cooked!
- HoneyBadger4HoneyBadger4Dined on 8/19/2014First time dinner at this restaurant, wonderful and delicious! We will definitely be return guests and bring friends.Special Features:
- A wonderful restaurant!luv2wineandineDined on 8/16/2014It was a wonderful experience. It was my first time there. My brother and myself celebrated our birthdays on Saturday evening. We wanted to try something different and upscale. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was terrific. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was excellent. And the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great.Davidg1977VIPDined on 8/14/2014Well executed classic that knows how to feed a group well with good food and very good service. Struggles a bit with identity as it is a mix of bar scene, steakhouse, seafood place, sushi bar, happy hour. Could use updated ambience and flavors but executes well on what it's been doing for many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Foodie12Dined on 8/14/2014I went with a group of family members for dinner and it was outstanding! Our server had good knowledge of the menu and steered us in all the right directions. He could tell what kind of drink we all would like ad helped us order our meals. The service was also very good because my drink would almost be gone and all of a sudden I would have another one, I wouldn't even see him put it down. Also the atmosphere in that place is very romantic and clasy. I will be going back very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually very good, but not tonightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Typically the food quality is great at Fishbones. I dine here with clients very often. This night I ordered the strip and it was literally like trying to cut shoe leather. VERY grisly cut of meat tonight and it did not appear to be aged at all. The young girl who served us tried her best, but, unfortunately, she was just to green. (probably a brand-new server) The combination of both the steak quality and the service really disappointed me this time.
- Exceptional !Gourmet007Dined on 8/12/2014A cordial greeting at the door, a smile from our waiter who exhibited pure professionalism throughout our dining experience and properly prepared and excellent presentation on all plates. For the truly fussy diner, this is Nervana.Special Features:
- Close but no cigarAwol737Dined on 8/12/2014Took family of 4 out to FishBones to celebrate my son's birthday. My son ordered a 12oz Filet Mignon which was cooked exactly to his specifications and delicious. My wife and I both ordered shrimp dishes that were flavorful, perfectly cooked, and large in size. Unfortunately, my daughter ordered a plank salmon that was woefully undercooked. Basically raw and mushy. We were very surprised since everything else was excellent. Manager came over and tried his best to make things right to his credit. We had dessert that was very good - chocolate cake, key lime pie, and carrot cake. Lastly, I was somewhat disappointed they didn't comp my son's dessert on his birthday, especially in light of the salmon issue. No military discount either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineoutDined on 8/11/2014was very impressed with your server his name was Guy.we made sure we was taken care of right awayand was very courteous to my familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for a great steak?RavennDined on 8/9/2014If so this is your place. This restaurant is one of the family of restaurants associated with Charlie's steakhouse. The absolute best steak I have ever had. It has a comfortable dining area and a staff that was very attentive. Thanks JenSpecial Features:
- What I like, what I don'tWhalestaleDined on 8/9/2014I had the blackened prime rib. As a non fish eater this is my favorite item on the menu. My husband and I dine here regularly so I've had the opportunity to try several different dishes. On this occasion we dined with friends one room over from the bar entrance. We've sat here before and I have to say it is the worst place in the restaurant to sit. The constant opening and closing of the door outside to the bar is disruptive. The music outside is obnoxiously loud so mid conversation one must stop and wait until the door closes EVERY TIME it opens, which is often. We made our reservations a week in advance, so I'm not sure why they stuck us in the "you walked in last minute with no reservation, you're lucky to eat" room. Never again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The waiter we had was very good. He was very attentive and made sure we were doing well.Special Features:
- Excellent!Jlo2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent and the service was excellent. They have an interesting wine list. Definitely a place to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ExperienceWarrenDined on 8/8/2014The noise level was rather loud. But the item that caught my guests attention, was how utterly filthy the servers uniform was.
- Great place!RoadTravelerDined on 8/2/2014Overall, I thought it was a great place and it was my first time there. The service and our food were excellent! Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu items, she took the time to answer questions and explain them, and provided the best service. The menu had a very good and wide selection of appetizers, entrees, and desserts. We definitely enjoyed our dining experience!Special Features:
- Terrific!luv2dineDined on 8/2/2014We loved our experience! The waitress was very attentive to our needs. It was a lovely dinner! My husband loved the crab and shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & SeafoodrghFLDined on 8/1/2014Made the reservation at the last minute and got a table, no problem. (On a Friday night) My prime rib was cooked perfectly and was very good. The wife had seafood that was very good too. It was ALOT of food. It was worth the drive and the $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnmekolsn2uDined on 8/1/2014I have wanted to FishBones. Glad we finally did. The table setting was clean. Our server was wonderful. We enjoyed watching other couples come in and we checked out what they ordered when it came by. The manager came by several times, and brought us a sample from the sushi bar. Our food was done to perfection. All in all it was a wonderful evening (never felt rushed). We will return again.Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulFishBonesDined on 7/25/2014Not a complaint to be made. Our food, waitress, and seating were spectacular. The lobster was cooked perfectly and the fillet was a pefect medium rare and tender.Special Features:
- A Welcome Place for the True FoodieEduardDined on 7/25/2014A meal at Fishbones is an experience you will not soon forget. It's a place where there is virtually no chance of being disappointed by the quality, service, ambiance or vast selection of excellently prepared dishes. The servers must come from "server heaven" as they are extremely knowledgeable, well-versed on the nuances of each dish and impeccable to a fault when it comes to providing relaxing and efficient table service. Do enjoy the various areas of Fishbones for there is a fun and lively sushi bar, an outside bar/restaurant which is a perfect place to kick back and unwind after a long day at the office, a more intimate area for dining out on a special occasion and a comfortable private dining room for parties or business meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- accommodatingspecialoccDined on 7/23/2014We had special diet restrictions, our waiter made every effort to fulfill our needs and make the meal enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience again.fancyfeastDined on 7/19/2014Second time we've been there and have not found anything we do not like. The portions are expensive, but HUGE. Left with a bag of leftovers rather than hungry (unlike other "fine dining" places we've tried).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingparentsnightoutDined on 7/18/2014Received a Talk of the Town Gift Card for my Birthday and decided to use it here.The waiter was very pleasant & friendly. Ambiance was nice & it wasn't too loud. The food, however, was a huge disappointment. Their lobster bisque included lump crab meat -found shells & too much paprika. I had the dried cherry & goat cheese salad- hardly any dressing & no flavor. My husband had the wedge salad- drenched in too much dressing. The steaks are cooked in an Oak & Citrus flavoring- does not blend well with the steak. Frankly, it ruined the steaks for us. We had high hopes for this restaurant since it was on the list with other top dining establishments such as Johnnie's and Charley's, but unfortunately it was a huge disappointment.Special Features:
- Special OccasionsveryniceplaceDined on 7/14/2014we eat at fishbones for special occasions throughout the year. it started with anniversary dinner when the place opened and continues each year. we have never been disappointed with our choice of celebrating our important dates at this excellent placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartheygotmeDined on 7/13/2014Beware. If you order a scotch, for example, and it is listed or quoted at one price, you get charged 2 to 3 dollars more if you want ice and water or soda water and they do this without your permission or foreknowledge. This is deceptive. I felt tricked. This is not a respectful way to treat customers.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Everything about fishbones is terrific. We have been to the Lake Mary Fishbones 3 times in the past few months and every time we had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out.JohnDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I had a night out recently at Fishbones and the food was great as always. We highly recommend the steak and lobster combination.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, spotty foodEddie2Dined on 7/5/2014I figured we were in for trouble when our OpenTable reservation couldn't be located. The surly young ladies @ the front seemed nonplussed by our OpenTable confirm, but did find us a table. We ordered 2 of the featured "oyster flights", but only 1 arrived; the 2nd came quite awhile later after we pointed out the error - with lots of shell bits added in, really unpleasant. On taking away 1 of the oyster plates our server dumped the water on my wife, me & our side of the table. The clean-up was slow in coming & perfunctory. The fish we ordered was fresh & well prepared, my son's steak was tough & sinewy. The "gingered" vegetable side was devoid of ginger & featured undercooked zucchini & overcooked yellow squash. Definitely an off night.
- Great service and food.KJR1Dined on 7/3/2014Waiter very adapt to taking care of guests. Great food. Great beer. Great coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill1Dined on 6/28/2014One of the worst meals I have had in recent memory! I had a bone in ribeye and my wife and daughter had the flounder special. The steak was so tough it was pretty much inedible. My wife and daughter's grouper was to say the least "not very fresh" even though it was on the special-you could smell it the old fish odor as they brought it to the table. The waiter tried very hard, but the kitchen seemed not to be in sync. We saw several other tables complaining and sending back food. I do not send food back nor do I complain and try to get a free meal. I noticed when we arrived on Saturday night at 730 pm that there were plenty of parking places and there were plenty of tables available..I guess the word is out, what a shame, Used to be great
- Never disappointsIlovgoodfoodieDined on 6/27/2014This place is my husband and I favorite restaurant. The food is amazingly fresh, well prepared, nothing short of delish! You got to try the house margarita- OMG, amazing! Our dining experiences here is always money well spent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!!Phoenix5Dined on 6/27/2014This was my first time here and it was fabulous. Great food and ambience!!Special Features:
- fri night dinnerLarrySDined on 6/27/2014Met another couple for dinner. Appetizer (Bleu Chips)was fair, not up to standards. It was a bit too salty, and greasy. One salad (house, not wedge types also served at table) had a bit too much dressing. Main courses were fair.Special Features:
- TIUFBDined on 6/24/2014The food was good, but the server was very slow to great, failed to clear extra place settings and menus, and was generally unattentive. Our table was in the back by the bar, and every time the door opened we where hit with a strong breeze, and overwhelming smell of Citrinella Candles. I've eaten here before, and not had a bad experience. The timing was unfortunate since it was my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the high costBaboDined on 6/21/2014Inattentive and slow service. Errors on plate went unnoticed. Missing elements were also unnoticed. 2 hours between seating and meal. Food arrived cold. Drinks were the cost of entire bottles of alcohol, and were weak. On the other hand, dessert was very goodSpecial Features: