FishBones - Lake Mary
7005 County Road 46A
Lake Mary, FL 32746Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
FishBones - Lake Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishbonesrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (407) 585-0470
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Saturday 4:30-6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Michael
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday through Saturday on our patio
A word from FishBones - Lake Mary
With a menu as unique as its name, FishBones offers the freshest just-caught seafood, aged steaks and prime rib. Cutting-edge sushi and fresh oysters round out the menu at this “local favorite” restaurant. FishBones’ gourmet cuisine is prepared on a custom-built pit over a Florida citrus and oak wood burning fire at 1200º searing in the fabulous flavors. FishBones is listed as one of America's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants and Orlando Magazine has crowned FishBones with the titles of “Best Restaurant”,“ Best Seafood”, “Best Outdoor Dining” and “Best Place for Cocktails”. Experienced, friendly service in a Key West inspired atmosphere creates a comfortable setting for any dining event. An impressive wine list compliments the seafood and steak making FishBones the ultimate dining experience. We look forward to amazing you very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FishBones - Lake Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (41)notable wine list (39)great for outdoor dining (37)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (11)scenic view (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- DisappointingparentsnightoutDined on 7/18/2014Received a Talk of the Town Gift Card for my Birthday and decided to use it here.The waiter was very pleasant & friendly. Ambiance was nice & it wasn't too loud. The food, however, was a huge disappointment. Their lobster bisque included lump crab meat -found shells & too much paprika. I had the dried cherry & goat cheese salad- hardly any dressing & no flavor. My husband had the wedge salad- drenched in too much dressing. The steaks are cooked in an Oak & Citrus flavoring- does not blend well with the steak. Frankly, it ruined the steaks for us. We had high hopes for this restaurant since it was on the list with other top dining establishments such as Johnnie's and Charley's, but unfortunately it was a huge disappointment.Special Features:
- Special OccasionsveryniceplaceDined on 7/14/2014we eat at fishbones for special occasions throughout the year. it started with anniversary dinner when the place opened and continues each year. we have never been disappointed with our choice of celebrating our important dates at this excellent placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartheygotmeDined on 7/13/2014Beware. If you order a scotch, for example, and it is listed or quoted at one price, you get charged 2 to 3 dollars more if you want ice and water or soda water and they do this without your permission or foreknowledge. This is deceptive. I felt tricked. This is not a respectful way to treat customers.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Everything about fishbones is terrific. We have been to the Lake Mary Fishbones 3 times in the past few months and every time we had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out.JohnDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I had a night out recently at Fishbones and the food was great as always. We highly recommend the steak and lobster combination.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, spotty foodEddie2Dined on 7/5/2014I figured we were in for trouble when our OpenTable reservation couldn't be located. The surly young ladies @ the front seemed nonplussed by our OpenTable confirm, but did find us a table. We ordered 2 of the featured "oyster flights", but only 1 arrived; the 2nd came quite awhile later after we pointed out the error - with lots of shell bits added in, really unpleasant. On taking away 1 of the oyster plates our server dumped the water on my wife, me & our side of the table. The clean-up was slow in coming & perfunctory. The fish we ordered was fresh & well prepared, my son's steak was tough & sinewy. The "gingered" vegetable side was devoid of ginger & featured undercooked zucchini & overcooked yellow squash. Definitely an off night.
- Great service and food.KJR1Dined on 7/3/2014Waiter very adapt to taking care of guests. Great food. Great beer. Great coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill1Dined on 6/28/2014One of the worst meals I have had in recent memory! I had a bone in ribeye and my wife and daughter had the flounder special. The steak was so tough it was pretty much inedible. My wife and daughter's grouper was to say the least "not very fresh" even though it was on the special-you could smell it the old fish odor as they brought it to the table. The waiter tried very hard, but the kitchen seemed not to be in sync. We saw several other tables complaining and sending back food. I do not send food back nor do I complain and try to get a free meal. I noticed when we arrived on Saturday night at 730 pm that there were plenty of parking places and there were plenty of tables available..I guess the word is out, what a shame, Used to be great
- Never disappointsIlovgoodfoodieDined on 6/27/2014This place is my husband and I favorite restaurant. The food is amazingly fresh, well prepared, nothing short of delish! You got to try the house margarita- OMG, amazing! Our dining experiences here is always money well spent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!!Phoenix5Dined on 6/27/2014This was my first time here and it was fabulous. Great food and ambience!!Special Features:
- fri night dinnerLarrySDined on 6/27/2014Met another couple for dinner. Appetizer (Bleu Chips)was fair, not up to standards. It was a bit too salty, and greasy. One salad (house, not wedge types also served at table) had a bit too much dressing. Main courses were fair.Special Features:
- TIUFBDined on 6/24/2014The food was good, but the server was very slow to great, failed to clear extra place settings and menus, and was generally unattentive. Our table was in the back by the bar, and every time the door opened we where hit with a strong breeze, and overwhelming smell of Citrinella Candles. I've eaten here before, and not had a bad experience. The timing was unfortunate since it was my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the high costBaboDined on 6/21/2014Inattentive and slow service. Errors on plate went unnoticed. Missing elements were also unnoticed. 2 hours between seating and meal. Food arrived cold. Drinks were the cost of entire bottles of alcohol, and were weak. On the other hand, dessert was very goodSpecial Features:
- Nice dining experienceDlkdance94VIPDined on 6/20/2014Portions are very generous is what stands out most. Also pricey. Really nice salads. Fresh lettuce and ingredients. Seafood best option as the fried shrimp was excellent. My sister had the grouper which was also delicious. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- anite2rememberDined on 6/20/2014My friend introduced me to your place. She comes here every year for her birthday and she loves it. I must admit I am fascinated by the food and atmosphere. I will visit you guys soon.Special Features:
- Bithday CelebrationDish4DocumentDined on 6/19/2014Outstanding food and service. We had a dinner reservation at 6PM and were seated promptly in the dinning room. Also, we were offered a sushi appetizer of the chefs choice verses the standard birthday /dessert, which was Dish. Try the whole red snapper for taste and presentation served with vegetables and rice, superb. I did note though we did not attend the happy hour from 4-6:30 pm offered in the lounge indoors had a sushi bar and the outdoor patio had some tabletops with fire-pits with attractive outdoor decor seating was standing room only...the place was buzzing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salads on dirty platesLuv2dineDined on 6/18/2014So I ordered a starter salad and got through most of the salad when I realized the metal plate was dirty, no I'm not overreacting. There was food caked on the sides of the plate, like lots of food (probably just didn't come off in the dish washer) but I was grossed out to say the least. I wish I would've noticed it sooner. My salad was covering up the dirtiness so I didn't realize it. Other than that, service was mediocre and the food did not wow me for the price. Could've got better food at Bonefish.
- Fathers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Our experience was not too good. We were a little upset that most of the fish entrees were already pulled from the menu prior to our reservation at 6:45 PM. I feel that running out of grouper, tilapia, and mahi-mahi on a Holiday is not acceptable. My two kids meals also were brought out about 10 minutes after the rest of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBarryDined on 6/15/2014Four issues: my steak was served lukewarm; side item was forgotten; requested that steak bone be cut off and it was not; wife's shrimp was cold
- Another great experienceJohnDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I celebrated Father's Day at Fishbones and requested our favorite server Jim. His service was excellant, as always, and the food was delicious. The only downside was I had attempted to increase our seating number from a party of two to a party of three on Friday and when I phoned to do this was told there was no more capacity available and an increase could not be accomodated. So my party of two arrived on Father's Day and were promptly seated at a booth that could accomodate a party of four - go figure. This is not the level of customer service I have come to expect from Fishbones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- father's dayjonnyjetpropDined on 6/15/2014food is always excellent here. disappointed that they were out of the smoked fish dip but the crab dip was good. You can't beat the free 22oz new York strip steak for dad.Special Features:
- Milestone Birthday family dinnerJuJubeans13Dined on 6/14/2014This was a first visit to FishBones for my husband and me as well as our daughter & son-in-law. We were presented with a complimentary appetizer of very fresh ahi tuna for the table. We enjoyed Caesar salads with their wonderful fresh baked bread. All of our dinners were fabulous (my Prime Rib was also enjoyed as another meal at home). My husband's pork chop was perfectly done and he enjoyed it to the bone. Another diner had stuffed scallops & shrimp, also wonderful. During dinner we admired the décor of the restaurant. It is definitely above average in the details from the wood paneled, coffered ceiling to the aquarium and attractive seafood bar. We will definitely be enjoying dinner at FishBones in Lake Mary again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicePeterVIPDined on 6/14/2014We have been fans of FishBones since they opened. The spicy Tuna Roll is the best you can find anywhere and prime rib as well. Dinner for six and everyone had a perfect meal and loved it. Service and personal attention was exceptional as was all the food. This is one of our favorite restaurants and fortunately is close by.Special Features:
- Fun TimesSoCalFoodieDined on 6/13/2014Since moving to Central Florida six years ago, this has become our local go to Restaurant. The food is exceptional, the service is always top notch and it's just a place to go to for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thebakerDined on 6/13/2014Our first time at Fishbone. Excellent experience! Delicious food and presentation.Special Features:
- Close byUnhappyVIPDined on 6/11/2014The salmon my husband had was good, my fried shrimp was butterflied and overly breaded. Our rice and vegetables were luke warm. Because of our opentable reservation, the manager served us before dinner an interlude of ahi tuna and a lemon shortbread cookie at dinner's end. Very thoughtful.
- FantasticLrrp25thVIPDined on 6/10/2014Everything was wonderful! From the second we walked in the oor greeted with smiles. The Manager visit at our table the food was outstanding!And the service was spot on.Special Features:
- A Must-Go PlaceCRS1VIPDined on 6/8/2014Fishbones in Lake Mary is a place that everyone must visit at least once. If you are like us, once will be enough to convince you to return again and again. The menu is diverse, fresh and full of seasonal goodies. The chocolate cake is perhaps the best I have ever had. The service was impeccable. My wife and I went there last weekend for no special reason. We just were overdue for a great dinner out, and Fishbones did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great Dinnerdinner42Dined on 6/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there recently and had a wonderful time. The food was amazing and the service perfect. We will return!Special Features:
- ExcellentAnt2Dined on 6/1/2014The food was amazing and the atmosphere was quiet and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute treasure.ASEMechanicDined on 5/31/2014Fishbones is one of those places that if you've never been there, you'll be kicking yourself for waiting so long to go. With an amazing staff to great and serve you, the experience is enjoyable from start to finish. The atmosphere is casual enough for jeans, yet fancy enough for full dress. Add to that, a substantial wine list and a menu that will satisfy just about anyone, this restaurant is a true gem that will have you coming back again and again for any occasion. Don't let the name "Fishbones" fool you, though. This restaurant doesn't serve just seafood, but also delivers the most succulent Filet, Prime Rib, Pork Chops, and assorted Fowl you'll find anywhere. This is a 5 star restaurant at 3.5 star pricing. So don't delay, go today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experienceBBandDeeDined on 5/31/2014everytime, we travel to Lake Mary, We go to Fishbones...food is absolutely amazing!!!..service is excellent...Love Love Love it....escargot...the best..highly recommend..Special Features:
- Relaxing Friday NightTBirchDined on 5/30/2014After long week of work it's nice to go to place you know and can enjoy a great meal. We eat here at least 4 times a month and always enjoy it. Every now and then something is not cooked correctly but it is always taken care of by the staff and management. We would recommend FishBones for just about any occacison. Nice atmosphere and very attentive staff.Special Features:
- Fish Bones RocksJay4Dined on 5/24/2014Good selection of seafood, steaks & sushi for a chain type place. Drinks are generous. Stone crab claws a bit small though for the priceSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014A great place for a late lunch or dinner. Excellent service and the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- top of the line foodDrSheldonCooperDined on 5/21/2014For starters, our server Crystal was awesome, she made some great recommendations with dinner, she helped my wife find a bottle of wine that she loved and she took great care of us the whole time we were there. The food was beyond excellent. Both of our meals came out perfect and both dishes had such great flavor. This was our 5th time there and we have tried something different on the menu each time and have been extremely happy each and every visit. We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FloridadinerFloridadinerDined on 5/21/2014Excellent service and great fish selections. Happy hour is lively and great place to meet with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner dateWineguy920VIPDined on 5/17/2014Dinner date with my wife, great bar, service and great food.Special Features:
- WaiterLove2EatDined on 5/16/2014Our waiter was Shungyu; he was very professional and courteous. It was my husband's 70th birthday and we enjoyed the evening very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014We enjoyed the food very much and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.