FishBones - Lake Mary
7005 County Road 46A
Lake Mary, FL 32746Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
FishBones - Lake Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishbonesrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (407) 585-0470
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Saturday 4:30-6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Michael
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday through Saturday on our patio
A word from FishBones - Lake Mary
With a menu as unique as its name, FishBones offers the freshest just-caught seafood, aged steaks and prime rib. Cutting-edge sushi and fresh oysters round out the menu at this “local favorite” restaurant. FishBones’ gourmet cuisine is prepared on a custom-built pit over a Florida citrus and oak wood burning fire at 1200º searing in the fabulous flavors. FishBones is listed as one of America's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants and Orlando Magazine has crowned FishBones with the titles of “Best Restaurant”,“ Best Seafood”, “Best Outdoor Dining” and “Best Place for Cocktails”. Experienced, friendly service in a Key West inspired atmosphere creates a comfortable setting for any dining event. An impressive wine list compliments the seafood and steak making FishBones the ultimate dining experience. We look forward to amazing you very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FishBones - Lake Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (41)notable wine list (39)great for outdoor dining (37)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (11)scenic view (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014We sat in two different locations and both were roo coldl We won't be cack.
- Food was great. Service was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Enjoyed the great tasting food. We drove over an hour to get there for happy hour prices. Since its a little over priced we can actually afford half price. But after we ate we were told happy hour deal only applies if sitting at the bar. Have ate there several times before and was never the case before. We won't be going back because did not hold up to happy hour deal as advertised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Great food, wonderful wine list. service is normally great but felt rushed the last time. Special request not honored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with ParentsHondaMikeDined on 11/19/2014Fishbones is one of my favorite places in Lake Mary. Unfortunately our server could not speak above the high volume of the crowd noise and the steaks were over cooked. Not the normal level of service or food quality we have experienced in past visits. Very dissappointed overall. On a high note, the wine specials were outstanding! Overall - I will go for the bar scene and apps, not for dinner. Over priced and over rated. This used to be an awesome place that I truly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative items ....very niceWxman45Dined on 11/18/2014trigger fish has become a favorite of mine and seeing it prepared blackened with some crawfish sauce.........could not wait to try it. It was a toss up and hard decision between it and the sea bass. This automatically causes me to return to try the one I didn't get. Salad being tossed table side is a nice touch. A great home grown chain that maintains quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMountDoraSadDined on 11/15/2014Have been to Fishbones on numerous special occasions. This visit was cold (temperature), noisy and the service was excruciatingly slow. Prices have gone through the roof too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTineDined on 11/12/2014This was my second time visiting this location. I really want to like this restaurant due to the fact that I love seafood, sushi and wine. And the fact this place has a gorgeous bar and nice outdoor seating is just icing on the cake. The last time I visited I ordered a dish off the menu. It was good but our service was poor and it took forever to get our food. Once we did get it, they delivered our apps and salads at the same time. We couldn't finish it in time before our main course was delivered. During this experience, we got our food timely however our salads and apps were delivered at the exact same time and then our sushi rolls were delivered shortly after. We just felt rushed. Not only that, but the rice on our sushi rolls was all over the plate indicating they were falling apart even before we touched them. We grabbed the first roll and, as predicted, it fell apart. Inside was the tiniest pieces of fish. And I am not exaggerating. It made us feel like if they were going to be stingy with the fish then don't offer the roll to your customers. I'm not one to send food back but the presentation was absolutely awful and given there was so little fish in the roll, we were eating rice and seaweed paper. So I sent it back. The manager came out and comped the meal and had it remade which was very kind. The server then came to the table and said that he would only put food on our table that he would have served to his family. That confused me given the horrible presentation of the sushi. The restaurant tried to make everything right which is nice but this is strike 2. Not sure if I will return for a possible strike 3.Special Features:
- FishBones Wows!WestiepapaDined on 11/8/2014My partner and I enjoyed our 15th Anniversary dinner at FishBones - Lake Mary last Saturday Night. We arrived about an hour before our reservation to enjoy happy hour on the patio. We enjoyed incredible wood grilled oysters and calamari off of the happy hour menu. Both appetizers were served hot and were full of flavor. We were promptly seated at our dining time, and Katie, our server, took great care of us. She made a recommendation to my partner for a side of the Oscar sauce to go with the prime rib. It was absolutely delicious. I had the New York strip and it was the best NY strip I have ever had. All in all, FishBones provided us with more than a meal; we now have another terrific night to remember.Special Features:
- Very nice placesweetnancy53Dined on 11/3/2014Service was excellent, food was really great, it's more upscale, but worth every dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodWPfanDined on 11/2/2014Another lovely evening with good friends at Fishbones. Service, food and ambience all winners. Only complaint?... The very fabulous key lime pie recipe has been changed. Sorry, but the original is out of this world. The new one, not so much.Special Features:
- WonderfulJeffreyDined on 11/1/2014First time at bonefish and we were impressed. The waiter was wonderful, food excellent and would recommend to all my friends and familySpecial Features:
- Beef was of inferior qualitymnytksDined on 11/1/2014I was unpleasantly surprised at how tough the filet mignon was when the rest of the experience was very fine.Special Features:
- Always GREAT foodSicilianChefVIPDined on 11/1/2014LOVE going to Fishbones. The food is GREAT and the service is 5 star. Shout-out to our AMAZING server, Riley!!!Special Features:
- Fishbones Lake MaryHowberkDined on 10/31/2014The staff greets you and makes you feek welcome good wine list and premium drinks wate staff is also excellent. Unfortunately the food is not very tastey. Starting With good cuts of meet and fish it tastes like cheap oils and ingredients cause the dishes to not work the vegetable side dishes were just horrible. The other sides just okay. Dessert, which looked so good disappointed as well. For the prices charged we expected much better food. The service thoug is great.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday ExperienceSassy1Dined on 10/29/2014I took my friend to Fishbones for their birthday. We had inside dining reservations for 6:30 p.m., so we went the the Happy Hour on the outside patio prior. Whether outside or inside, it is a wonderful experience. The staff is friendly and attentive and the food and ambiance is really, really wonderful. A very classy place.... You will never go wrong when you go to Fishbones..... be it inside or outside, the experience is wonderful. You definitely will be looking forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal and serviceiBiteLiteVIPDined on 10/27/2014This place is very consistent and has fantastic service. We had the strip, t-bone, and ribeye all three were cooked perfect and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just so soBluemarlinDined on 10/25/2014the Hamachi sashimi was good but not cold enough...the salad dressing I liked...but, the Filet was sub-standard...grizzle...hadto actually take a piece out of mouth...would have sent it back but I was on a first date and decided not to....disappointing
- Shrimp and moreFloridadinerDined on 10/23/2014A few changes on the menu. Rolls were different and good. Scallops were small and the vegetables were almost uncooked.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantDogearVIPDined on 10/19/2014This is literally my favorite restaurant and if I lived in Florida I would go there every week. I have eaten there many times and the food and service is always on point.I would recommend this to a friend.
- tano4diningDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed a special sweetest day. Food was great and we had an especially good waiter.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceiBiteLiteVIPDined on 10/14/2014Everything was fantastic. They have really stepped up service and quality since my last visit. We had the fish special, shrimp tempora sushi, wedge salad, crab cake & king of the bone. Again, everything was great will go back again and try more seafood and the prime rib looked great too. I personally had the king of the bone, which is a bone in strip, Pittsburg rare - it was solid and noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinner for twoluv2tasteDined on 10/12/2014Floswers were brought to our table as requested. oysters rockefeller were excellent. the shrimp,scallops and crab in a creme sauce were the best. wine was a little pricey but good. excellent waitress. Rachel was her name. will try the happy hour next. Pete DeglomineSpecial Features:
- Celebrating with FriendsG2LadyDined on 10/11/2014Dining with a party of 6 with a reservation, no wait, service was excellent. Food was superb. One member in the group was unhappy with his steak as the sauce made it too salty and they immediately took it back and prepared another one for him. The manager came and apologized right away also. Very attentive to customer service. The remaining 5 dishes were excellent-one had the best salmon ever; 2 had excellent steaks; a fish dish was devoured by one member of the party and what can I say about the stuffed shrimp and scallops... the best. All appetizers were fresh and very tasty. A great wine selection and martinis are pretty good too. All in all, a very enjoyable evening with friends and good food. Definitely one of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Service was excellent from beginning to end. From the hostess to the manager, were constantly checking and making sure everything was all right. Made it possible to have a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- JoebikeVIPDined on 10/7/2014Fishbones Lake Mary is the gold standard for the Lake Mary area.Special Features:
- Jacks Review of Fishbones2dine0eatersDined on 10/6/2014I thimk Fishbones Resturant in Lake Mary is overrated and not nearly what it once was. I much prefer Charleys (in the same chain), Flemings and Christners all located in the Metro Orlando area. Fishbones is certainly not a fine dining resturant and the prices are awfully high considering what you get. The steaks were ok a but not great, (mine came out medium rare perfectly cooked, but my wifes came out undercooked rare. While we both ordered the 12 oz filet, my steak was much smaller than hers - markedly so. Consequently mine was cooked correctly and hers much undercooked. It took 12 minutes to get her steak back. No pun intended, but I have a very bad taste in my mouth thinking about our 30th anniversary dining experience at Fishbones.
- Fishbone's ALERTOrlandoEpicurianDined on 10/4/2014Don't worry! The food is as good as always. However, the service was very slow. Maybe it was a good thing, because we were able to spend quality time talking with our friends. The meal took about 2.5 hours to complete. The most disturbing news was that Fishbone's no longer has Red Velvet Cake on the menu. This was shocking news, but I determined it may be best for me and you to complain to the manager. It was one of the more popular desserts on the menu. Best thing to do is complain and see if they will bring it back. Great opportunity for Talk of the Town to send out a broadcast email announcing its return. I finally got over the news, without slitting my wrist because I was full anyway. Still one of my favorite restaurants in Orlando.Special Features:
- Special OccasionFloridaTopChefFanDined on 10/3/2014We took our daughter out to dinner for college parents weekend. Open Table noted it was our first visit and the manager brought over a free appetizer. The filet mignon topped with shrimp and lump crab was spectacular. the service was attentive. Can't wait to come back. Jim was a great server!Special Features:
- Second to None.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014One word description of the service, ambience, food....flawless. If you love the one you are with, take her here. You'll both be talking about "that dinner" for quite some time. Only problem, no way to top this dining experience so I'm a little worried I set the bar too high for any other place around. So, pretty much have to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing seafoodkitcat316Dined on 10/3/2014This was our second time at Fishbones. Both times we had amazing seafood dishes, and great service. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great steak and fishLMvisitor2Dined on 10/3/2014The food was great and the kitchen staff was fast and met my dietary needs. The wait staff was OK. Didn't feel like he listened to me during the ordering which led to redoing the veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The roasted vegetables were too large, and the carrots were not totally cooked.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014The seafood here is just absolutely fabulous. It is one place where you get what you pay for and I mean that in a good way. It's always my choice for special occasions. I had the Black Grouper and my girlfriend has the Chilean Sea Bass. I would like to try a steak there sometime, but the seafood is just too good to pass up.Special Features:
- Good foodcrater5VIPDined on 9/27/2014We took our 3 children. Food was good. They forgot my salad and the calamari was too chewy. Steaks were great. My son loved his cheese burger. We would definitely try the restaurant again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Awesomeness!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary at Fishbones. We had a early dinner so it wasn't crowed or noisy. We could actually enjoy our intimate conversation. Our waiters name was Chris. He was very kind and patient. Another kind gentleman ( didn't catch his name ) came to our table and gave us a very tasty appetizer and cookies. It was the perfect dinner and the food was amazing! We will return to Fishbones and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceteenagersintowDined on 9/24/2014Outstanding service. Very impressed with the manager. He really doted on the customers and made sure everyone was happy.Special Features:
- very nice seafoodpmnyVIPDined on 9/23/2014A nice seafood restaurant in Lake Mary. Service could have been slightly better, but over all a good spot for seafood, steaks and cocktails. Nice wine list also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first time here as it was highly recommended from a friend. My husband and I thought the food was fantastic and reasonably price for the quality of food. Our service was very nice and gave us suggestions and we felt like he took time with us and cared that our dining service was an excellent experience. We plan on returning lots of times for our date nights.Special Features:
- not the best timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014We were there on Thursday night. We were seated promptly. It was abnormally hot and we were seated inside near the patio bar. It smelled horribly like cigarettes. My pork chop was over cooked and so was the veggies. The orzo was greasy. The calamari was awesome. The service was great but the total experience due to the food prep was sub par. We might try again but I would prefer to go to Vito's across town.Special Features:
- Fishbones is special.Bill27nyrDined on 9/16/2014I throughly enjoy Fishbones, the food is always delicious. The people are knowledgeable ,friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.