1234 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fishphilly.com/
- Phone: (215) 545-9600
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Adan Trinidad
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fish
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
- I was disappointed by theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/9/2013I was disappointed by the food. Not imaginative nor was the taste anything special. Too much salt in many of the dishes. The Pear salad was excellent, as tuna (sushi style). Strange that restaurant just serves wine, why not a full bar, or at least wine and beer. The atmosphere and location are great and the staff is very night and knowledgeable.
- Food was outstanding! FabulousTomMDined on 3/8/2013Food was outstanding! Fabulous tastes and sauces that expertly complimented the seafood selections. Servers were very attentive but a bit inexperienced. One tried very hard to get a dry cork out of a wine bottle, as we continued to suggest that we did not want one with such a dry cork, and not worth trying. In the end, there was no dispute, they were ready to get another bottle for us. Overall, very anxious to please, but a bit on the hyperactive side. Strangely stingy on the bread, every time we asked they "had to get some heated up" and would eventually only bring out two slices. Overall, a very nice place to eat, and the roughness around the edges for the servers was not enough to spoil the evening.
- the food was good but theglakcoDined on 3/8/2013the food was good but the menu was very limited; 5-6 each appetizers, main course and dessert choices. only had wine as bar was being renovated. Fish was well prepared.Special Features:
- This place is so smart toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2013This place is so smart to have a small, intensive menu. Creative, skillfully prepared seafood is not easy to find. We had a dinner celebrating a birthday, and the decor was elegant, as was the food. And it was within in a half mile of our hotel on Rittenhouse Square.Special Features:
- Pristine seafoodDianneCVIPDined on 3/6/2013This was my second trip to Fish in its new location. Both times my meal was superb. Pristine fish, expertly prepared, imaginative recipes, with an interesting selection of wines by the glass and attentive but non-obtrusive service. It's worth the price for seafood of this quality and a Center City restaurant where, at least on a week night, I can hear my dinner companion.Special Features:
- attentive service, imaginativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2013attentive service, imaginative fish preparation, quality wines.Special Features:
- For the most part, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013For the most part, everything was wonderful. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I would definitely consider going back or recommending Fish to a friend. The only thing that ruined the evening was a very bizarre experience with the people sitting next to us who did nothing but stare at me and my friend throughout our entire dinner. Given the close proximity of the tables and the size of the restaurant, there was not much that could be done but it may for a very uncomfortable dining experience.
- The food was very good toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013The food was very good to excellent, the only comment is that it arrived too fast.Special Features:
- great food but served tooooOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/2/2013great food but served toooo cold -- hard to swallow at these pricesSpecial Features:
- Service good and food excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Service good and food excellent Very small restaurant a little chilly on a cold nite due to constant opening of front door Server was great with his suggestionsSpecial Features:
- The restaurant was graciousGoBlueDined on 3/2/2013The restaurant was gracious enough to serve us a bit early. This was nice, especially as a first time visitor. Our server,Jeff was great! He offered some great banter and interesting information on the fish. The food was really the star. I enjoyed my perfectly cooked golden bass and the portion size was just right. I didn't do desert but I will on my next visit. A definite must visit. I had to deduct a star, however, because the food was inexplicably slow at the start. Entrees were better paced. Other than that, I would be happy to recommend Fish to anyone. It really was a great experience.Special Features:
- Put on your seafood short listBillNVIPDined on 3/1/2013You have no business walking through the front door if seafood repells you, because the small menu (the night we visited there were only 6 appetitzers and 6 main plates) had only two items that did not at one time swim, exclusive of dessert; otherwise, this compact open kitchen resto is a top choice. Expect lots of sound and motion energy, cooking aromas, and seafood that may have its equal elsewhere in town, but nothing that tops it.Special Features:
- Great food!!! EXcellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013Great food!!! EXcellent service! Got us to the theater on time even when the other couple was late. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing seafood!OsberryDined on 2/23/2013The food at Fish restaurant is simply outstanding and easily worth the prices. I've been there twice and each time I have shared several dishes others in my party. I can honestly say that the head chef has cooked every meal perfectly. The flavors are also very unique and unlike what you'd get at most seafood restaurants. The restaurant itself is small, so reservations tend to be pushed back 15 to 20 minutes, but the staff does they best they can and the food easily outweighs this slight inconvenience.Special Features:
- All of our food wasvery goodNickDined on 2/23/2013All of our food wasvery good and cooked perfectly. I had the Salmon Belly Crudo and it was a very good choice if you like Sushi.Special Features:
- Any problems that Fish mayshuffVIPDined on 2/23/2013Any problems that Fish may have had with their kitchen have clearly been solved. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Still intimateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/20/2013I have been to Fish in its old location several times, and really like their food. This was my first time at the new location. I was happy to find that they are still very small and understated -- a great place to talk. Service was attentive. Food, as always, was very good,though I was less happy with mine than I have been in the past (maybe I just missed the skate, which was not on the menu this time). We all really liked the clam chowder, which was absolutely lovely. I was somewhat less happy with the sturgeon, which I thought was overpowered by the bacon. Apple sorbet was downright strange -- very astringent. A couple bites were refreshing, but one did not really want 3 scoops of that.
- Everything form service, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2013Everything form service, food and ambiance is top notch. My first time visiting Fish with a few friends and we could not have been more pleased. Pleasent and knowledgeable server, and abosultey delicious dishes (We all tasted each other's dishes and unanimuosly agreed each one was delcisious in it's unique way).Special Features:
- Fresh food and impecable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Smaller menu but good fresh, light food (fish). Portion size is filling but not over the top. I had the salmon dinner and appetizer. My companion had something with mushrooms (monkfish?) and he really enjoyed his too. The appetizer came out on a salt plate, which was a new experience. The wine list is moderate, but well done. The service is simply stellar. It's a small restaurant, so you get a lot of personal attention from your server. The tables are close together, so we ended up chatting with the people around us. A very pleasant dinner. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Downright incredible!AlexVIPDined on 2/15/2013AMAZING experience. We sat at the chef's counter and loved every minute of it. We tasted three appetizers, two entrees and two desserts and thought every dish was even better than the last. This is now one of my top five favorite restaurants in Philadelphia. Definitely one you shouldn't miss!Special Features:
- We loved our dinner at Fish.jwm218Dined on 2/14/2013We loved our dinner at Fish. Great food done in inventive ways. We would go back again in a heartbeat! The server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Not many other diners whenViewfromtheStarrsDined on 2/7/2013Not many other diners when we were there so can't tall about the noise.
- A very good dining experienceSylCDined on 2/6/2013My husband and I enjoyed our meals. The preparation and presentation were excellent. I ordered golden bass, a fish I had not tried before. I thoroughly enjoyed it. When in Philadelphia again, we would not hesitate to eat there again.Special Features:
- Best fish ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013I grew up catching and eating my own fish, so normally never eat seafood in restaurants. But Fish is something totally different - the food here is just exquisite. It's light, sauces flawlessly matched, just perfectly done! While the general ambience and "feel" of the service is high quality, our server on this occasion was a bit of a space cadet - in his own world a bit, not really listening to what we were asking - and don't bother asking for a wine recommendation, they haven't got a clue. Oh and the seaweed butter was just a bit weird. Overall - would enthusiastically recommend, and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- menu selection was very light.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013menu selection was very light. For me the experience was better when they were in the old Astral Plan location. I think they need to step the menu and service up a bit if they want to compete in Philly. A bit pricey too for the value...
- Amazing food. Must make reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Amazing food. Must make reservations. The 10 minute wait would have been fine if there was an area to stand/sit and wait. Even though beer isn't on the menu it is available, just an FYISpecial Features:
- I very much miss the old LombaardOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/1/2013I very much miss the old Lombaard Street space. Since departing, some of the magic seems to be gone from this restaurant. Service is still friendly and attentive. Fish continues to be superb quality and preparation continues to be excellent. Some of the buzz is gone. The old place regularly had a full dining room...not so much any more. The scallop app is still one of my favorite dishes in Center City. I'd like to see the menu change a bit more. The Skate dish is excellent, but I'm wanting something new. Still a rock solid place for seafood. A bit on the pricey side, but worth the tab.
- Menu not large but good range;OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2013Menu not large but good range; portions are nicely sized - not too big; very creative approaches to seafood. Definitely worth a return visit. Delicious food.Special Features:
- I have been going to FISHluv2eatVIPDined on 1/23/2013I have been going to FISH for over a year and the food and service have always been exceptional. Last night was no exception. I highly recommend this neighborhood restaurant for the service, their affordable wines and especially the food. We each had something different for dinner and ended up sharing the courses due to the wonderful flavors of each course. FISH is one of my favorite places in PHL.Special Features:
- My husband and I think thatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2013My husband and I think that this is the best food we've had in more than a year. The flavor in each dish was amazing. We sat at the Chef's table and enjoyed the interaction with the Chef, Odam, and his assistant Sarah.Special Features:
- Food rules at FishphillyfoodieVIPDined on 1/19/2013Food had always been and continues to be the star at (all the iterations of) Fish. Sadly, no more oysters on the menu, but the fish is fresh and the combinations and flavors shine. Service, ambiance, and overall dining experience are fine if forgettable. Food this good deserves a better stage.Special Features:
- Great, unique food experiencetechnosageDined on 1/19/2013Great, unique food experience for fish/seafood lovers. Modestly sized place so best for couples or small groups only.Special Features:
- Friendly,knowledgeable server.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Friendly,knowledgeable server. A little slow getting started, but then service settled to an even pace. The quality of the food and flavor profiles was outstanding. Reasonably prices for downtown dining.Will definitely return and recommend.Special Features:
- High ceilings and modern decorBIRDMAN2VIPDined on 1/16/2013High ceilings and modern decor make Fish seem larger than it really is. The same high ceilings help moderate the noise. The kitchen is in plain sight behind the bar. Menu is not extensive -- and entirely seafood -- but imaginative and the presentation is elegant. The swordfish, for example, was embellished with a couple of cherry tomatoes that had been skinned and marinated. There is a cost for all this grace, of course, and the food and wine prices seem on the high side.Special Features:
- Waitress was horrible, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013Waitress was horrible, very rude. They were also out of the appetizer that we ordered, however the chef made us something different and gave us an extra app on the house.
- Used to be so much better.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/12/2013Used to be so much better. Had one of the best meals I've ever had at the old location.
- Very eclectic fish selection.eeeeVIPDined on 1/8/2013Very eclectic fish selection. Went with 2 others and we all ordered different dishes. They were all excellent.Special Features:
- Great Experience!Edoherty13Dined on 1/5/2013Incredible experience all around. The octopus was the best Ive ever had. Attentive, informed service. The open kitchen was fun to watch. Excited to return!Special Features:
- The food was delicious, andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012The food was delicious, and our server was very nice and attentive. However, it is hard to overlook the fact that we were not seated until 45 mins after our reservation time, even after being repeatedly told it would be "just 5-10 mins." They were very apologetic when we were finally seated, and provided a complimentary glass of champaigne, but it was an unfortunate way to start the evening.Special Features:
- A great find! Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012We have been here twice now and were pretty blown away each time, by both the service and the food. A lot of thought goes into the preparation of each dish and the flavor pairings are amazing. Fish and the bar next door, Rhino, are owned by the same people; so if you have to wait for your table, they will escort you next door where you can grab a drink if you like and they will come get you when your table is ready. The place is small, cute, and comfortable. I wouldn't say cozy or quiet, but also not loud. It's clean and neat and the kitchen is exposed. The staff is amazing. The menu changes frequently depending on what is fresh and the season. I recommend!Special Features: