Fish out of Water
34 Goldenrod Circle
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Fish out of Water
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.watercolorresort.com/
- Phone: 8505345050x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 8:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M. Daily (À la Carte)
Happy Hour: 5:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M. Nightly (Patio & Bar Only)
Kids Eat Free (2 kids meals with purchase of entree)
5:30 P.M.- 6:00 P.M. Nightly
5:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. Monday - Thursday, & Sunday
5:30 P.M. - 10:00 P.M. Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Brian Murray & Chef Shaun O'Brien
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Weddings, Meetings, Rehearsal Dinners
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve the private wine room at Fish Out of Water for intimate affairs of up to 20 people. Award dinners,client events,holiday parties and rehearsal dinners in Fish Out of Water as a private dining room offer an elegant affair with chef prepared menus.
Each event is crafted to suite your needs and requirements. Farm to table creations, fresh seafood and incredible viewsall make Fish Out of Water the perfect choice for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Webre 8505345016x
- Special Events: 30-A Songwriters Festival
A word from Fish out of Water
Fish Out of Water, the WaterColor Inn & Resort’s signature restaurant, sets a glamorous scene overlooking the emerald waters of the Gulf of Mexico, with virtuoso cuisine and a distinctive wine list to match. The freshest local fish and meats, combined with an eclectic approach to traditional ways of preparing and serving food, translating into dishes unlike anything else offered in the area. A semi-private dining room is available, lined with bottles from the restaurant’s collection of over 3,000, representing some 600+ labels. Fish Out of Water has earned a number of distinctions for excellence. In addition, to garnering an AAA four diamond award, received a Golden Spoon Award from Florida Trend magazine, and also earned a Best of Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fish out of Water - Best Restaurants in Seagrove Beach ›
Fish out of Water reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (38)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (30)romantic (24)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (17)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- ExcellentMarTack3Dined on 9/19/2014A bit pricey for what you get / but it watercolor / so it is to be expected and excellent It's a special placeSpecial Features:
- Gem on the GulfKeith222Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful dining experience - the food was amazing, the decor was both elegant and relaxing, and the service was impeccable. Our server Victoria was always there when we needed her, and never intruding when we didn't need her. One of the sides, a Brie risotto, was a special discovery. We have spent several evenings here on our trips from Texas, and every time our experience is equal to or better than anything we have experienced in a fine dining spot anywhere. We are going back tonight with a friend who has never been there - glad we can correct that!Special Features:
- Another great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014We've dined at Fish Out Of Water several times and have never been disappointed. The food, service, ambiance and wine list are outstanding.Special Features:
- great eveningspjonesDined on 9/5/2014We had a great evening at the restaurant. The service was outstanding. The food was unique and interesting. Our group really enjoyed the outdoor dining. We will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing sunset viewsWarEagle14Dined on 9/4/2014Fabulous service and food. My friend lost an earring that night and didn't know where. The rest found it and thru my open table reserv was able to trace it to us and called me. That's above and beyond service. We will definitely recommend this to anyone and go back when we return to Seaside areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014First time at Fish Out of Water even though we have been to Seaside many times. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Respite by the GulfJMLinPNSVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had an early dinner....and got the kids along with it...but the tables are fairly far apart, so it wasn't an issue. The food was interesting without being over the top. I had the duck breast which was scrumptious...totally sublime. My husband had grouper and enjoyed it. Our waiter was outstanding....in fact all of the staff were great...attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Great Recommendation !Luv2DineVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner ! Enjoyed the ambiance, service and the food was fabulous! We will return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The 4 of us enjoyed our dinner very much! We would definitely want to return to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Not a good first impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014This is a beautiful place to eat and the server was very friendly and did a great job explaining the food items. He took one of the orders wrong and in a hurry to get the steak out in a hurry burned the outside of the meat. At the start of our dinner we ordered a desert that took 20 minuets to prepair but forgot to put the order in on time, so at the end of our meal we had to wait but my family went to the room, they were tired after an hour and forty five minuets. The server comped the desert that helped. Things happen I understand!
- Great Dining ExperiencefortyyearsDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I had dinner two evenings while at Water Color. The Server, Vickie, explained the menu well and helped us with our choices. The grouper and the snapper were excellent. The presentations were awesome. The view of the sunset made the evening perfect. We were told this was good resort dining, but the restaurant far, far exceeded our expectations. We look forward to dining there on our next visit.Special Features:
- Great night!TigaligDined on 8/5/2014We travel to Watercolor several times a year and visit Fish Out of Water for brunch. We decided to try it for dinner and we were not disappointed. The ambience was outstanding and it seemed more relaxed than it does for brunch. They easily accommodated our food allergies and the food was divine. I can't wait until we return.Special Features:
- One of my favorites on 30AGovigVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have dined here several times when staying anywhere on 30A. The upscale food and custom cocktails have NEVER served to disappoint. Our particular preference is to make a reservation for our last night to dine while we watch the sunset over the Gulf as a close to our vacation trip. ALWAYS wait until you hear the available specials before making your dining choices. The sesame seed encrusted blue fin was amazing. YOU must try and enjoy the whimsy of a deviled egg -- yes, deviled eggs in a fine dining experience. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- Great experiencechefmurDined on 7/29/2014Worth waiting for outside table as sun was setting. Great food , tasty we'll prepared . We loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBensmomDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful meal with top notch service. Crab cakes were divine and the free cookies at the end of the meal were a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining..a true gemLOVETOEATOUTVIPDined on 7/16/2014Great food and service..thanks coming from a daily out-to-eat family..from Chicago area,the fourth visit will occur tomorrow..small but tasty menu,a creative flair..curry inspired soup tasting,deviled eggs,pork chop,lamb..best filet over Chicago area restaurants..and cheesecake..and take home cookies..to tiny thumbprint cookies and snicker doodle and chocolate chip cookies to die for..come to Chicago..you will be at the top..service staff great..Bill...and Val(Vicki?) and all too...great breakfast/buffet too...thanks..Special Features:
- ExceptionalJMBTGBVIPDined on 7/15/2014Exceptional service and food. This was more of a wonderful experience than just a dinner out. As we arrived we mentioned that it was our anniversary and they went all out without having too. Great food choices and great white wine list. Our Waiter - Bill M. was superb (ask for him if you go). Did a great job of describing the Entrees and helping to make choices. The food was wonderful and the dessert that they chose for us for our anniversary was super. Will go back whenever we are in the area and we have been coming to this area for 20 yrs and tried alot of restaurants - this is the one.Special Features:
- Roller coasterCalWVIPDined on 7/14/2014I've had really good grouper, dry wahoo, great deviled eggs, chicken so tough you couldn't cut it with a knife (but the flavor was good), polenta that was too rich and so runny you had to eat it with a spoon, perfect risotto . The salads are unremarkable (why fried green tomatoes on a caprese when tomatoes are perfect right now?). You just don't know what's going to come out of the kitchen quality-wise, I hear the chef is rolling out a new menu-- hope it works. Service is impeccable(especially Trayce and Joy) and the atmosphere is stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!dinerVIPDined on 7/9/2014We just had our last dinner at Fish Out of Water. We were very sad to say goodbye to Alvin our favorite server for many years. The food was always good although the menu doesn't change very much. We always enjoy visiting this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy an memorable.BeachtimeVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food was delicious. The wait staff a bit hurried but very nice. Too many large tables I think was the problem. Lots of strollers but well behaved children. Ask not to be sat by the door leading outside. Everyone wanted to see the sunset. Will for sure go back. Easy to over order everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Great food & service. Made for a special anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE!JillCelesteDined on 6/28/2014I adore this place, if I lived in the area I would be a regular. Fish Out of Water really knows how to make a girl feel special on her birthday =)Special Features:
- Donnalina1998Dined on 6/28/2014I ordered the bouillabaisse. When the bowl arrived, it was completely yellow. Like a fake saffron color only missing the saffron flavor. In fact there was no flavor oter than fishy. The gnocchi were hard and doughy. So everything about this dish was worse than have ever had. My husbands meal was "ok" as it was te duck breast. He liked the risotto. Our service was wonderful. Martinis were marginal at best. Drank prosecco instead.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinneraugirl1986Dined on 6/27/2014We had the most wonderful dinner. The drinks and food were outstanding and our waitress was not only professional and knowledgeable about all the items we asked about but she was very personable. We enjoyed talking with her about 30 A and the surrounding areas. We had the perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantdinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014We have been going to Fish Out of Water for over 11 years when it opened. It has been consistently good. We love having Alvin as our server. He has been there since the beginning and is just such a nice person. The food is good and the service is very good. Try to get there whenever we are at the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get a table with ChuckwillDined on 6/27/2014Fantastic view, better food, and even better service. Chuck made sure we had a wonderful evening. It was perfect service -- attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- The following 368 reviews are from the Fish out of Water reviews archive.
- Foodie Happy on 30Awinelover7VIPDined on 6/20/2014Food Out of Water exceeded expectations! A lovely setting, and the food was divine. Great wine list--one of my favorite vintners, Orin Swift, and one of my favorite OS wines, The Prisoner, was available here! The staff were superb--kind, attentive, and knowledgeable. Try the tuna sashimi, the Florida Hopper and the duck entree--complete with brie risotto. Heavenly. And don't forget the chocolate soufflé with mocha ice cream. Yet another reason to head back to 30A as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LCWWDined on 6/19/2014I take a group here every year for an annual convention and I travel from Arizona. This year I did two nights in a row with two groups and the food is always amazing. The view is great, the ambience is nice and the staff is always accommodating to the group. I will be back again next year!Special Features:
- Fish out of water was wonderfulMSFoodiesDined on 6/14/2014We returned to fish out of water 6/14, it has long been a favorite of ours. The service was good. The food was delicious. My only complaint would be it came too quickly. We weren't given hardly any time to finish a course before the next one appeared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we met the chef30AdinersDined on 6/11/2014We met the chef; he catered to my allergies and my daughters delights. The server brought us a fantastic French wine to enjoy with dinner. We will send our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef is fish out of waterOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/8/2014Fish was overdone even when sent back and redone. Food was unremarkable on all levels. Only thing that would save this place is if you are lucky enough to be there early enough to secure an outdoor table, which is first come first serve. Overall a disappointing experience given the price.
- Wonderful experienceLoloGDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I celebrated our 14th anniversary by dining here this past weekend. The cocktails, food, ambiance (outdoor), service, oceanfront view and friendly hostess staff were all outstanding. The complimentary anniversary dessert was a special touch that added to our overall experience. We also enjoyed the pleasant live music from the outdoor wedding below the balcony. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing food!lovewatercolorresortVIPDined on 6/7/2014Disappointing menu from new chef (of 3 weeks). Favorite plates have been redesigned as bland imitations of the original. If you are frequent guests (like we have been for the last 12 years), you will be disappointed in the menu.Special Features:
- Watercolor GemYellowJacket89Dined on 6/4/2014Wonderful experience as always. First time back in a year and the quality remains excellent. Fish Out Of Water is a beautiful beachfront restaurant. It's food and service could easily fit the dining scene in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flyer Hockey FansOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Our 40th Anniversary was lovely- great food AND service. The staff and Chef Sean O'Brien were awesome! Thanks so much for the special treatment!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not value customer serviceDallasDavDined on 6/1/2014Poor customer service in summary and 2 of us suffered gastric distress later. I would have to say that the chef is talented based on taste. We had a very friendly, if not clueless waitress. She took my drink while I was in the restroom and that's forgivable. However, long story short, the whole dessert experience was destroyed by inept handling of our order, mistakenly sending 2 of our 5 desserts to another table after already delivering 2 desserts to our table and desert 3 ten minutes later. We had to wrangle with management to remove the dessert charges for 2 undelivered desserts and some drinks. At the end of the day no one goes out to eat to be stressed. They even had a man cleaning the ladies room when guests needed to use it!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014Beautiful setting and view but our waitress was not very attentive: I think that she had to many to take care of that evening-- twice she didn't keep our wine glasses poured- almost got up and got it myself! Food was very good but not exceptional!!Special Features:
- Wish Food Matched View!CleoDined on 5/27/2014What a beautiful setting and view of the beach from the outdoor deck. With perfect gulf breezes in late May, we had a relaxing dinner outside. I just wish the food equaled the view. It was good but not at the level it should be for this restaurant to be what they aim to be. Before they ever opened, they proclaimed their intent of being a 5 star restaurant. They have quite a ways to go with the food and service to make that rating. The grouper I had was overcooked and not that flavorful. The roasted chicken was pretty good. The molten lava cake was not that great and the sorbet was weak. But if you love eating outside as we do, I still recommend going---at least an early evening cocktail to watch the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/25/2014Only disappointment is restaurant allows walk-in drinkers to take best seat outside away from reserved diners. Huge disappointment and bad for return diners. Waiter was a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy FOWdinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014WE love Fish Out of Water. The food is delicious and the wine list pretty good. Our server, Holly was wonderful and fun.Special Features: