Fish House in Stanley Park
8901 Stanley Park Drive
Vancouver, BC V6G 3E2Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Fish House in Stanley Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishhousestanleypark.com/
- Phone: 6046817275x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Afternoon Tea: Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm, unless booked three days in advance. We do not offer Afternoon Tea on Mother's Day, Father's Day or Valentine's Day;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday : 5:00pm - Late;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Curtis Demyon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Come celebrate with us in our 23rd year serving you! Vancouver's favourite fully-sustainable fish menu in the locals best-kept secret house. Thanks for making us number one for all of these years!
- Special Events: We cater to groups from eight to 358! Celebrate all of your special occasions with us...birthdays, anniversaries, wedding rehearsals, weddings, holidays, promotions, graduations, fund raisers, corporate events, sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days, and even Wednesdays!
Contact our Kemi Wells and our sales team for more information!
- Cross Street: Lagoon Dr. and the tennis courts
- Public Transit: Davie & Denman: The 5, the 6, the C21 and the C23
Vancouver Trolley courtesy stop at Stanley Park Dr & Lagoon Dr
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: All parking in Stanley Park is city paid parking (street and lot parking). It is paid parking that is good for all lots in the park if you plan on sightseeing before or after dining with us.
A word from Fish House in Stanley Park
Among the spectacular gardens of Stanley Park sits the historic Fish House restaurant. Relax and dine in our Fresh and Casual concept featuring exceptional seafood, freshly shucked oysters or indulge in our Mixed Grill. Sit back with a micro-brewed beer, a glass of wine from our award-winning wine list or enjoy a seasonal, specialized martini. For private events we have three distinct rooms, two of which feature patios opening onto the scenic natural beauty of Stanley Park. Whether it is a boutique wedding, corporate party or business meeting, the Fish House caters to your needs and wishes!Continued
As of May 2013, we are pleased to announce that we are one of the very few seafood restaurants in Vancouver to be 100% Ocean Wise™ certified!
As of May 2013, we are pleased to announce that we are one of the very few seafood restaurants in Vancouver to be 100% Ocean Wise™ certified!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fish House in Stanley Park - Best Restaurants in Stanley Park ›
Fish House in Stanley Park reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)scenic view (98)romantic (83)great for outdoor dining (71)fit for foodies (68)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (44)notable wine list (42)great for brunch (42)kid-friendly (26)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014When we arrived, we asked for a quiet table. They further accommodated us by turning down the music in the room we were in and generally seated the raucous groups far away. The food as usual was perfect.Special Features:
- Fresh fish, lots of veggiesSkookumchompDined on 8/20/2014Many restaurants begrudgingly put a couple vegetables on the plate with the main, but here they were very generous with the veggies, at least on the two fresh fish of the day selections we chose. Yummy sockeye salmon. I would not order the ahi tuna salad again since the potato salad dressing was interfering with the ahi taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choice!1stchoiceDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful food. Excellent service from Jennifer. Loved it. Only problem...parking is difficult and not handicap friendly. Should add valet services for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Vancouver's gemsGoddyDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I were celebrating my brother-in-law's 25th wedding anniversary. I was delightfully surprised at the ambiance and decor. The food and wine list had sufficient variety to keep us and our guests indecisive as each item was as inviting as the other. Given the occasion, the restaurant and staff made our dinner very memorable with a personalized special desert. The service was excellent, the food appetizing and well presented in a beautiful environment. We could't be more pleased. I think all visitors to Vancouver and Stanley park should visit the Fish House for dinner. I most certainly would entertain my guests there. Please keep up the good works. - GoddySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stavarDined on 8/18/2014We have enjoyed our lunch very much. The food was great, and so was the service. The ambiance and a park setting location makes the dining great experience. We will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Slow servicePattyto44Dined on 8/17/2014The food took too long to come but the waitress tried hard to meek us feel good. The prawn salad was completely tasteless I had to ask for vinager to gave it some flavour. There was a wedding and they were focused in attending the wedding before the restaurant guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Been a while since I dined here, but recent reviews indicated it was still very good. I wasn't disappointed! Food is fresh and well prepared, and there are some innovative non-alcoholic beverages that made the dining experience extra special for my children, too. Service was friendly and efficient without being obsequious. Ambiance is appropriate for fine dining, but still welcoming and comfortable. I had smoked cod on a bed of mushrooms and spinach, with a drizzle of their famous lobster oil (to die for, and they serve some with the bread for the table, so everyone can get a chance to try it). Cod was pleasantly smokey but still delicate and fresh. Would have liked more mushrooms & spinach and less potatoes, but meal was still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive treat night outSouthernbellDined on 8/16/2014The setting is fabulous for this neighbourhood gem. Service was attentive and friendly. We were disappointed at how expensive this restaurant was. Good menu variety but items costly. We had the salmon and halibut entrees - both were under cooked so send back if you aren't happy. The restaurant does get noisier as the restaurant fills up. Option in summer to eat inside or outside - all give a beautiful view of stanley park setting. Pay parking so heads up. Will only return for very special event as too costly. Nice to see a good variety of BC wines.Special Features:
- RoadieDined on 8/12/2014The Fish House was recommended by one of our bus drivers while visiting this week. It's in a lovely old building just inside the entrance to Stanley Park. My ahi tuna Nicoise was wonderful and our waitress was exceptional.Special Features:
- delectable unrushed anniversaryscluckyDined on 8/11/2014We both had the mixed fish dish which, on this particular evening, consisted of arctic char (my favorite of the three), halibut, and sable fish. It was served with roasted potatoes and very fresh asparagus and broccolini cooked to perfection. We had a great waiter too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantguaranajonesDined on 8/8/2014My wife had a mixed grilled fish and scallops platter. Fantastic. I had the aged NY steak with masehd potatoes and roasted garlic. Even more fantastic. As starters, we had crab cakes and some kind of flatbread with smoked COD (fish) and onions. Very tasty. Dessert was Earl Grey Creme Brulee. YUMMY! The staff was very nice and professional. One of the desserts went on the house because we had to wait a little bit for a sidedish (I didn´t even bring that up or was bothered by it)Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014This place is deserving of the great reviews on many websites we seen. Very impressed with the food, service and the ambiance. Fantastic seafood of all kinds. I could not put the spoon down once I started the clam chowder YUMMMMM! The seafood feast for 2 with the lobster was a feast fit for a King and Queen. They have a good selection of fine wines as well. Everything was wonderful. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back here, one of the best in the city for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fresh fishluvit1VIPDined on 8/6/2014We first ate at the Fish House in the late 1990's, and this was our first trip back to Vancouver since then. The food is still sublime, with a lovely setting in Stanley Park. Service was also terrific. The freshness of the fish was just great, delicious and simple seasonings and preparation, and we were able to relax, eat a great meal, and enjoy the view of the park. So glad we returned!Special Features:
- Old World EleganceDonnaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Decided to dine there while visiting. Hard to get parking! We got there later in the evening and it was quite empty so very little ambiance. While looking at the menu they dimmed the lights so much I had to use my flashlight app. The crab cake appetizer was delicious as was my Article Char. Skip the so so desserts.Special Features:
- stuckinthemudDined on 8/4/2014been there 2X recently, helpful staff, good seafood though the mussels were a bit overwhelmed by the spices - prefer more traditional broth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and great food.InOraDined on 8/2/2014Set in a rambling old building in a forested parkland, we got the impression as we were seated of colonial British elegance at the frontiers of the Empire. They could easily trade on the atmosphere and location alone, but they put thought and care into the food as well. We had surf & turf for two, with lobster, king crab, scallops, and steak. Everything was delicious and prepared as requested. Discovered a new wine, and had a very special evening. They accomplished all of this without pretence, and we'd definitely go back the next time we're on the coast.Special Features:
- Lovely meal, watched the fireworksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Evening started well, food extremely good, first bottle of wine presented was corked, second bottle presented fine. At the end of our meal, our waiter brought the dessert menus but did not come to collect the order-we were left unattended for 15 minutes. Finally I flagged another server (Martin), stating that our waiter had abandoned us. Kokan shows up, apologetic, that because I said "it wouldn't hurt to look at the dessert menu" he took it as us not wanting anything - I thought this a peculiar retort - it didn't matter if we were not interested in dessert (which we did end up ordering) to completely ignore us at the end of the meal - this was puzzling behavior. We certainly wanted coffee, so he should of checked with us regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yr5celDined on 8/2/2014It was our anniversary dinner, service was great .. My seafood risotto was a bit salty but the rest of the food was really good ... We give a 9 out of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Part of our Stanley Park VisitRonDDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant was not crowded for lunch so Open Table wasn't necessary. Vancouver was having a heat wave and the inside eating area was very warm. Restaurant didn't appear to have AC. Fortunately they have nice seating on the porch. Wait staff was very polite. I really like it when a waiter asks prior to taking a plate or to leave the check. Food is a bit higher priced but not overly so. The food was good but did not blow us away. My wife couldn't remember what she ate by the time I wrote this. The fish cake I had were good with several types of fish in the cake. The only downer is that I found them small. If you're in Stanley Park and want someplace nice to eat I still feel this is a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Beautiful environment inside and out. Our server Julie was highly attentive and very knowledgeable. Her wine and food recommendations were superb. Each fish dish was nicely paired with a delicious sauce. A wonderful dining experience for us.Special Features:
- Nice lunch dateluv2eatVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent service. Awesome outdoor patio dining. Afternoon tea items were so so.Special Features:
- Loved the Fish House2discerningdinersDined on 7/22/2014We chose the Fish House to celebrate our 42nd Anniversary. We were there once before and again it did not disappoint. We were greeted with a lovely note congratulating us on our Anniversary. The food was amazing. We started with the crab cakes, I wouldn't recommend them, but they weren't too bad. My husband had the smoked black cod and I, the salmon with prawns and scallops. Both meals were cooked to perfection. The lemon meringue dessert was delicious. A lovely presentation with Happy Anniversary written in the serving dish. What a nice touch. Our waiter was amazing. A beautiful setting and we absolutely loved the soft jazz playing in the background. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good JobDax16Dined on 7/21/2014Dinner started out inside a noisey room complete with screaming children. Not much ambiance here but we were relocated to an outside table where matters improved. Table service was OK and we were compensated each time there was a stumble. The delay in dinner service resulted in a small taste of ceviche and a larger than normal portion of fish. A forgotten second glass of wine, upon reminding the server, was made up for with a large glass (we only ordered and paid for a small one). The Caeser salad was delicious but a bit small. Both dinner mains were well presented and enjoyed. Good job the weather allowed us to sit outside and it turned out to be a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous Food and ServiceSunshine1ReviewsDined on 7/20/2014We have dined here several times and never been disappointed. Food, service, and ambience are always a 5 star. Their chef is marvelous and they always have a special treat to celebrate your special moments. Service is top notch and dining in Stanley Park as a background makes it a #10 experience.Special Features:
- Fish House Stanley ParkcolspicksDined on 7/19/2014I have been to the fish house MANY times and when Karen Barnaby left I really missed her menus. Four of went on Sat night and had an excellent meal - the crab cakes and oyster appetizers were very good - we had a variety of seafood dishes and everyone was very pleased with their meals. Our server, Chris, was a really nice guy and helpful and knowledgeable with both wine and food choices and not at all intrusive. I asked for a specific table when reserving through Open Table and we got it!!!! I would recommend the Fish House - we live in Kits and took the Granville Island ferry from the Maritime Museum and walked along the seawall - it was a really memorable evening!Special Features:
- Great Experience!hrhkmhDined on 7/17/2014We dined at the Fish House for my husband's birthday. When we arrived, each place setting had a card with a greeting recognizing his special day. The service was excellent and the food delicious. We always eat here when visiting Vancouver. Can't wait to be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fish House/Stanley park.DoingannguiDined on 7/16/2014We were there to celebrate a special occasion,and were not disappointed. The service was impeccable, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bunnyDined on 7/15/2014I was disappointed at the lack of a crab or shrimp Louis on the menu.Special Features:
- PerfectChadderboxDined on 7/12/2014I bring my wife to the fish house every year specifically on our anniversary, amongst other various yearly times. The food is always outstanding, the staff is vibrant, fun, outgoing and friendly, and the atmosphere just right. Excellent chefs, menus and service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appy heavenBiketoeatDined on 7/12/2014We had an appy hour meal which was excellent. The waiter recommended the poutine. We wouldn't have ordered it otherwise. Glad we did because it was excellent. The Kalamari were divine. The only thing we didn't enjoy we're the oysters. The coating was touch as leather! Not the freshest oysters either. Need to change that coating recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okcremebruleDined on 7/11/2014Our drinks and meal were nice but not spectacular. My prawns were overcooked. Her steak was overcooked.
- FantasticJustMeDined on 7/11/2014It was lovely and the food was outstanding The setting was perfect with all the flowers and being in Stanley ParkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 69annrepasDined on 7/10/2014Excellent repas et ambiance sympathique pour mon repas d anniversaire Poissons et fruits de mer étaient excellent - Souvenir agréable -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fish House luncheon experienceCloverDined on 7/10/2014I have been a constant diner at The Fish House Restaurant for many years. The ambience, a park setting, is one of the best in town. This passed Friday, my friends and I booked a luncheon reservation to celebrate a friend's birthday. Our servers were helpful and congenial. We wanted an outside table, but the only one available did not have an umbrella.... the accommodating server brought one. The menu, is disappointing as it no longer contains some of the choices as when Karen Barnaby was manager/chef. I ordered a dual fish plate consisting of smoked cod and trout, it tasted good and was well prepared. I would have liked a little more salad and more fennel in the salad. The dessert, a chocolate concoction was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous dining experienceLovestoeatDined on 7/9/2014As we were celebrating our 47th anniversary, we wanted a special seafood restaurant in the West End. This is the place!. From the time we walked in the door until we left we felt special , and no, they didn't know it was a special occasion. The service was outstanding from our server Jane, and the food was delicious. We had the Cajun oysters, the Cannery Cod and the Trio of fish. All were excellent We ended the meal with the Earl Grey creme brûlée. If you want a delicious and special meal, definitely dine at the Fish House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but small portionstruthcrabDined on 7/9/2014I ordered the Nisoise salad (sp?) and it was very paltry. It was tasty, but not enough to satisfy. It could have included more vegs, which are cheap for the restaurant, which makes me wonder why there were no greens besides the beans..... I added a skewer of scallops which was very tasty, but again, paltry for the money.Special Features:
- Great place to go for romanceSealover526Dined on 7/7/2014I love the food, the location and experience. The wife and I have been there many of times, and we love going back for a romantic diner for two. We both love sea food and they have best we eaten. I would recommend them to any who want a romantic diner or wants to impress a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldcroniesDined on 7/7/2014My difficult to please friend couldn't stop talking about it!Special Features:
- Dining in the parkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2014They did so much to please you. It was impressive. Robyn and Martin did a great job and the chef helped make it a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous foodDaddyGDined on 7/1/2014What a wonderful looking out over Stanley Park. Food was fabulous.. fresh fish, beautifully prepared... Yum! Service great and helpful. Wine list very good.Special Features: