Fish House in Stanley Park
8901 Stanley Park Drive
Vancouver, BC V6G 3E2Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Fish House in Stanley Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishhousestanleypark.com/
- Phone: 6046817275x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Afternoon Tea: Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm, unless booked three days in advance. We do not offer Afternoon Tea on Mother's Day, Father's Day or Valentine's Day;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday : 5:00pm - Late;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Curtis Demyon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Come celebrate with us in our 23rd year serving you! Vancouver's favourite fully-sustainable fish menu in the locals best-kept secret house. Thanks for making us number one for all of these years!
- Special Events: We cater to groups from eight to 358! Celebrate all of your special occasions with us...birthdays, anniversaries, wedding rehearsals, weddings, holidays, promotions, graduations, fund raisers, corporate events, sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days, and even Wednesdays!
Contact our Kemi Wells and our sales team for more information!
- Cross Street: Lagoon Dr. and the tennis courts
- Public Transit: Davie & Denman: The 5, the 6, the C21 and the C23
Vancouver Trolley courtesy stop at Stanley Park Dr & Lagoon Dr
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: All parking in Stanley Park is city paid parking (street and lot parking). It is paid parking that is good for all lots in the park if you plan on sightseeing before or after dining with us.
A word from Fish House in Stanley Park
Among the spectacular gardens of Stanley Park sits the historic Fish House restaurant. Relax and dine in our Fresh and Casual concept featuring exceptional seafood, freshly shucked oysters or indulge in our Mixed Grill. Sit back with a micro-brewed beer, a glass of wine from our award-winning wine list or enjoy a seasonal, specialized martini. For private events we have three distinct rooms, two of which feature patios opening onto the scenic natural beauty of Stanley Park. Whether it is a boutique wedding, corporate party or business meeting, the Fish House caters to your needs and wishes!Continued
As of May 2013, we are pleased to announce that we are one of the very few seafood restaurants in Vancouver to be 100% Ocean Wise™ certified!
As of May 2013, we are pleased to announce that we are one of the very few seafood restaurants in Vancouver to be 100% Ocean Wise™ certified!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fish House in Stanley Park - Best Restaurants in Stanley Park ›
Fish House in Stanley Park reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)scenic view (87)romantic (80)great for outdoor dining (74)fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (51)great for lunch (47)notable wine list (39)great for brunch (34)kid-friendly (24)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Wonderful/Unique sea foodBillSVIPDined on 9/27/2014While we live 1000 miles from Vancouver, whenever we are in that city we make it a point to eat dinner at the Fish House. Superb food with relatively unusual dishes like smoked black cod. The service is always very good, but this time we were fortunate to have a waiter who truly knew the menu and wine list. Bravo Vytas! If you're in Vancouver area, and like sea food, don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fish HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Classy place for a special-occasion lunch. It would have to be a special occasion, since quite pricey. Very few other customers, so that explains the excellent service and the quiet ambience. Food was tasty and elegantly presented.Special Features:
- A good choice for our visitorsfellowtraveller44Dined on 9/24/2014We had not been for some time but thought the Fish House might be right for our visitors from the UK. we were not disappointed. The service was attentive. The appetizers and fish entrees were excellent. The sound track was a touch too loud, especially when the room filled up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnglishbullsDined on 9/22/2014What a great evening we had this resturant was a real gem, food and service were excellent. Most certainly recommend to any of my friends visiting VancouverSpecial Features:
- Definite repeat!PattiDined on 9/22/2014Surrounded by Stanley Park, great food & service. Knowledgable waiter. Would definitely go back on next trip back to Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a gourmet - only prices:gourmetSteffenDined on 9/21/2014Waiter seens only interested in tips, but basics he did not know. For example: for the espresso no sugar was offered, Due the low service we only give 10% tip, after that he show us that, the restaurant wants to be a gourmet restaurant - but only the prices are gourmet, quality of food was only ok.Special Features:
- richibiDined on 9/21/2014apart from omelettes, this time, that were not fluffy, even dry, as often enough the salmon has been during other visits, the service, the ambiance, and, for that matter, my own eggs Benedict and Caesar salad were exceptional, I would return anytime and specify personal preferences - RichardSpecial Features:
- Delightful eveningsupawhileDined on 9/19/2014We were with friends from out of town who had asked us to take them to a fish restaurant and the Fish House certainly didn't disappoint. We were a party of six and every one of us found the meal we'd ordered was really outstanding. The service was pleasantly efficient, extremely professional and came with genuine smiles. We will certainly be going back to eat here, with or without guests, because everything about evening was such a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePuraVidaVIPDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I were visiting Vancouver and wanted to try the Fish House in Stanley Park. It was exactly what we had imagined -- classic old school place, with a modern menu, great food and service! My wife had the evening's trio of black cod, halibut, and arctic char -- all of which were good. Service was prompt and professional. We'd love to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with My Aussie Cousinsjcolby7777Dined on 9/18/2014After a tour of Stanley Park on a rainy morning we had a most enjoyable lunch with my cousins from Sydney. The service was great, the food excellent as to expected! The Fish House is one of our favourite restaurants that we like to share with friends & family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked and served to perfectionSAN4DKDined on 9/16/2014We had an awesome experience at the Fish House in Stanley Park. The location is romantic, tucked away in the park, but easy to find with signs posted. We had 3 kinds of grilled fish and a surf & turf with scallops. It was all brilliant, cooked to perfection and the service was above what we could ask for. I picked up the bill, and found it to be all reasonable. Will go back. Its worth driving for.Special Features:
- andreaDined on 9/14/2014really amazing service, the waitress was outstanding!Special Features:
- A Little StodgyfairviewdinerDined on 9/13/2014The Fish House has been around for a long time in Stanley Park, and unfortunately, it is starting to feel a bit like that. The clientele appears to be mostly older people, and the menu probably haven't changed in years. That said, the food is still good (the Salmon Wellington was superb and the Duck paté was fine). The service, however, was not all that attentive, and they even stupidly cranked open the overhanging tarpaulin while we were sitting under it, ruining my wine and drinking water with small black flakes from the old fabric and mechanism. (they replaced it after I pointed it out). Overall it feels a bit overpriced and a little stale, but nevertheless, it is a grand venue in the park, and very pleasant near sunset.Special Features:
- SwannyDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic setting and food. Our service was outstanding! Would recommend this to anyone. We love Stanley Park had a view of the water on the outside Patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Fish HouseDinettaDined on 9/12/2014Walkway to entrance near parking smelled of garbage and foyer had raw fish odour. Dinner service slow to begin, not enough servers on a Friday? Once we got it, was very good, only due to server Corwyn. Appetizer salmon 3 ways best described as a smear and a blob or a lick and gulp. Arctic char excellent but hot sauce and heavy potato croquette a clash. Halibut excellent but small -3 small clam shells on plate had nothing in them. Its sauce contains bacon, fine if you eat meat. Dessert good buttermilk tart. Another server expected us to wait 20-30 min while they whipped butter for the bread-they ran out! Problem solved by Corwyn. Expensive venue for dinner. Manager didn't seem interested in the diners. Reception staff friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Not GreatFredDined on 9/12/2014Not sure if we just hit a bad night as we have been several times, but I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Wish we could give them 10 stars !!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014What a gem of a restaurant. Read other reviews, and thought we just have to go here for our special dinner on our two week visit to Vancouver, BC. Needless to say, you will not be disappointed with the outstandingly wonderful and attentive service, the excellently prepared food, and the overall wonderful experience. Even the choice of music (and played softly) was perfect for the setting and the mood. We've been to the Fishhouse a before - but for their excellent afternoon tea. This was our first time having dinner here. For us, this now ties two other restaurants (from Mazatlan, Mexico, and Melbourne, Australia) as the best restaurants of the world we have eaten at. Enjoy!Special Features:
- excellent, as usualmazzDined on 9/9/2014A wonderful place for a special dinner; food, service, atmosphere all perfect.Special Features:
- UpnorthUpnorthDined on 9/7/2014Dining in the historic Stanley Park Fish House is like stepping back in time to the 1930's. The setting is elegant but casual and with music from the 40's lilting in the background very comfortable. The service was first rate and the seafood exceptional. A very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- High Tea, anyone?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Last Sunday, we (4 of us) had high tea at the Fish House and find that it was good if you have a big appetite. The sandwiches are appetizing, and the pattisseries are appealing. However, we had to have 4 orders and do not have the options of having 2 orders, whereas, other restaurants give customers that option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adventurous Fish recipes!timbo59ukDined on 9/6/2014We found this restaurant on Tripadvisor as one of the top ones in Vancouver. the booking from London worked fine, and we were seated on time. We sat indoors although there is external seating; on a Saturday night it was quite busy and loud inside; we did have a spotlight glaring down at us to start with, but they did dim it on our request. The food, naturally weighted to seafood but with meat selections too, was most impressive - Halibut 'sous vide' (nice way of saying 'boil in the bag'), smoked black cod, seared Arctic Char and so on. Service was friendly and pretty efficient once they got going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargooDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food. Attentive service. Lovely atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Had family visiting from out of town thought dinner in the park would be nice way to show off the city. None of us had ever been there and it was a great evening.The staff was knowledgeable about the menu and helpful with suggestions and the food was fantastic. There was a lot going on in the restaurant so it was an upbeat place. Would diffidently go again. Nice setting having the restaurant in the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our 50th anniversary at the Fish House and enjoyed the chilled seafood and spinach salad, poached halibut, Cannery cod and buttermilk tart. Service was okay, if a bit diffident, on a busy Friday evening, and we always enjoy the setting in Stanley Park.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2014We actually made a last minute change of plans for our dining location and couldn't have been happier with our decision. Our waitress, Jennifer, and staff member, Geoff, ensured that we had a pleasurable dining experience. I would highly recommend the Fish House to anyone looking for a quality, classic meal, great drinks and outstanding service in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014everything was good except one problem: my kid's pasta plate had two big thumb prints on it. Wife said it was no big deal, but I just couldn't take my mind off it.
- Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014When we arrived, we asked for a quiet table. They further accommodated us by turning down the music in the room we were in and generally seated the raucous groups far away. The food as usual was perfect.Special Features:
- Fresh fish, lots of veggiesSkookumchompDined on 8/20/2014Many restaurants begrudgingly put a couple vegetables on the plate with the main, but here they were very generous with the veggies, at least on the two fresh fish of the day selections we chose. Yummy sockeye salmon. I would not order the ahi tuna salad again since the potato salad dressing was interfering with the ahi taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choice!1stchoiceDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful food. Excellent service from Jennifer. Loved it. Only problem...parking is difficult and not handicap friendly. Should add valet services for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Vancouver's gemsGoddyDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I were celebrating my brother-in-law's 25th wedding anniversary. I was delightfully surprised at the ambiance and decor. The food and wine list had sufficient variety to keep us and our guests indecisive as each item was as inviting as the other. Given the occasion, the restaurant and staff made our dinner very memorable with a personalized special desert. The service was excellent, the food appetizing and well presented in a beautiful environment. We could't be more pleased. I think all visitors to Vancouver and Stanley park should visit the Fish House for dinner. I most certainly would entertain my guests there. Please keep up the good works. - GoddySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, atmosphere, and foodmyopinionDined on 8/18/2014The setting is beautiful, especially on the deck. The menu is extensive and unique. The service was attentive without hovering. What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stavarDined on 8/18/2014We have enjoyed our lunch very much. The food was great, and so was the service. The ambiance and a park setting location makes the dining great experience. We will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Slow servicePattyto44Dined on 8/17/2014The food took too long to come but the waitress tried hard to meek us feel good. The prawn salad was completely tasteless I had to ask for vinager to gave it some flavour. There was a wedding and they were focused in attending the wedding before the restaurant guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Been a while since I dined here, but recent reviews indicated it was still very good. I wasn't disappointed! Food is fresh and well prepared, and there are some innovative non-alcoholic beverages that made the dining experience extra special for my children, too. Service was friendly and efficient without being obsequious. Ambiance is appropriate for fine dining, but still welcoming and comfortable. I had smoked cod on a bed of mushrooms and spinach, with a drizzle of their famous lobster oil (to die for, and they serve some with the bread for the table, so everyone can get a chance to try it). Cod was pleasantly smokey but still delicate and fresh. Would have liked more mushrooms & spinach and less potatoes, but meal was still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive treat night outSouthernbellDined on 8/16/2014The setting is fabulous for this neighbourhood gem. Service was attentive and friendly. We were disappointed at how expensive this restaurant was. Good menu variety but items costly. We had the salmon and halibut entrees - both were under cooked so send back if you aren't happy. The restaurant does get noisier as the restaurant fills up. Option in summer to eat inside or outside - all give a beautiful view of stanley park setting. Pay parking so heads up. Will only return for very special event as too costly. Nice to see a good variety of BC wines.Special Features:
- RoadieDined on 8/12/2014The Fish House was recommended by one of our bus drivers while visiting this week. It's in a lovely old building just inside the entrance to Stanley Park. My ahi tuna Nicoise was wonderful and our waitress was exceptional.Special Features:
- delectable unrushed anniversaryscluckyDined on 8/11/2014We both had the mixed fish dish which, on this particular evening, consisted of arctic char (my favorite of the three), halibut, and sable fish. It was served with roasted potatoes and very fresh asparagus and broccolini cooked to perfection. We had a great waiter too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantguaranajonesDined on 8/8/2014My wife had a mixed grilled fish and scallops platter. Fantastic. I had the aged NY steak with masehd potatoes and roasted garlic. Even more fantastic. As starters, we had crab cakes and some kind of flatbread with smoked COD (fish) and onions. Very tasty. Dessert was Earl Grey Creme Brulee. YUMMY! The staff was very nice and professional. One of the desserts went on the house because we had to wait a little bit for a sidedish (I didn´t even bring that up or was bothered by it)Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner outDinerbewareDined on 8/7/2014This place is deserving of the great reviews on many websites we seen. Very impressed with the food, service and the ambiance. Fantastic seafood of all kinds. I could not put the spoon down once I started the clam chowder YUMMMMM! The seafood feast for 2 with the lobster was a feast fit for a King and Queen. They have a good selection of fine wines as well. Everything was wonderful. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back here, one of the best in the city for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fresh fishluvit1VIPDined on 8/6/2014We first ate at the Fish House in the late 1990's, and this was our first trip back to Vancouver since then. The food is still sublime, with a lovely setting in Stanley Park. Service was also terrific. The freshness of the fish was just great, delicious and simple seasonings and preparation, and we were able to relax, eat a great meal, and enjoy the view of the park. So glad we returned!Special Features: