Fish House in Stanley Park
8901 Stanley Park Drive
Vancouver, BC V6G 3E2Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Fish House in Stanley Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishhousestanleypark.com/
- Phone: (604) 681-7275
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Afternoon Tea: Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm, we also can accommodate Afternoon Tea during the week if booked with at least 48 hours notice. We do not offer Afternoon Tea on Mother's Day, Father's Day or Valentine's Day;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday : 5:00pm - Late;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Curtis Demyon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Come celebrate with us in our 24rd year serving you! Vancouver's favourite fully-sustainable fish menu in the locals best-kept secret house. Thanks for making us number one for all of these years!
- Special Events: We cater to groups from eight to 358! Celebrate all of your special occasions with us...birthdays, anniversaries, wedding rehearsals, weddings, holidays, promotions, graduations, fund raisers, corporate events, sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days, and even Wednesdays!
Contact Leanne Novak for more information!
- Cross Street: Lagoon Dr. and the tennis courts
- Public Transit: Davie & Denman: The 5, the 6, the C21 and the C23
Vancouver Trolley courtesy stop at Stanley Park Dr & Lagoon Dr
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: All parking in Stanley Park is city paid parking (street and lot parking). It is paid parking that is good for all lots in the park if you plan on sightseeing before or after dining with us.
A word from Fish House in Stanley Park
Among the spectacular gardens of Stanley Park sits the historic Fish House restaurant. Indulge in exceptional seafood, freshly shucked oysters or enjoy our unique twist on a Mixed Grill dish. Sit back with a micro-brewed beer, a glass of wine from our award-winning wine list or enjoy a seasonal, specialized martini. For private events we have three distinct rooms, two of which feature patios opening onto the scenic natural beauty of Stanley Park, as well as a heritage wine cellar which is perfect for intimate group dinners. Whether it is a boutique wedding, corporate party or business meeting, the Fish House caters to your needs and wishes!Continued
Proudly serving 100% sustainable seafood, organic meats and produce.
Proudly serving 100% sustainable seafood, organic meats and produce.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fish House in Stanley Park - Best Restaurants in Stanley Park ›
Fish House in Stanley Park reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (122)romantic (82)fit for foodies (82)scenic view (71)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (50)great for outdoor dining (48)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (35)great for brunch (26)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Favorite restaurantReeniDined on 11/22/2014The food is always delicious here and portions are more than enough for us. We always have fish because it is what the restaurant is famous for but appetizers and desserts never fail to disappoint. The price is a bit steep so we save it for special occasions. The atmosphere is quiet and romantic and I enjoy not having to yell at my dinner partners in order to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fixe Prix DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014Had the 3 course fixe prix dinner tonight. Hostess was warm and welcoming. My request for a window seat was met. Server was prompt and friendly. Food was good for the price. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2014Great seafood but very quiet on a Monday evening..... Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Rod the maître d' was very personable and professional. The food was yummy. And the atmosphere was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food; awesome service. Spent a very enjoyable evening with family celebrating a birthday. Everyone enjoyed their meal and were able to enjoy conversation without feeling we were being rushed to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon TeaBluesBabyDined on 11/15/2014I should compare this to the Fairmont but I did. Ambience and service were great. Tea wasn't kept hot and we had to keep asking for hot water. The sandwiches were tasty and had a good variety. The scones were great although the jam wasn't home-made and the "cream" was actually whipped white chocolate. With the pastries being also chocolate that was on overkill. As for the pastries, they were my least favourite. Too much chocolate, the coconut cream pastries was very runny. There was one that I really enjoyed - it had a very light chocolate filling, with a touch of silky smooth caramel and crunchy pralines all made in a chocolate mould in the shape of a tea cup. Overall not sure I would go back for Afternoon Tea, The Fairmont's is just too good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Try and visit the Fish House whenever in Vancouver. Always a great experience. The food was excellent and service superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish House in Stanley ParkdsimmondsDined on 11/12/2014There is an elegance to the restaurant, and the evening was amazing. From the moment my wife and I entered, we knew it was going to be a great night, and we were not disappointed. All the food was incredible, and the staff were excellent. We received the perfect amount of service and follow-up, and I look forward to returning here in the future,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful sunny Vancouver in NovOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014It was one of those spectacular sunny Nov. days in Vancouver. Nothing better than Stanley Park and the Fish house for lunch. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive. A Vancouver institution for tourists but Vancouver folks should not forget it also. And we are "Vancouver Folks'I would recommend this to a friend.
- outonthetownDined on 11/9/2014We hade a amazing meal at The Fish House and will be going back soon. The waiter was very friendly and helpful when it came to chooseing our wine selection for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and highly recommend itGreatFoodDined on 11/6/2014I have been coming to this restaurant off and on since 1993 and always had a great meal. The service is excellent and the food is wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantadtic fish houseGunnytDined on 11/4/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our birthday lunch. Excellent meal and service and very nice setting. Neighbouring table of little kids was annoying but otherwise it was perfect!Special Features:
- A "Must" When in VancouverLocaliteDined on 10/30/2014Every few years when we visit Vancouver, we always go to the Fish House. It's a "must" on our dining list, and it's always wonderful. I think I had my best meal this time. The "trio of simply grilled fish" was absolutely outstanding. The assortment of vegetables with it were perfect, a little crunchy (the way I like them), and very seasonal. Our waiter was very attentive (not overly). Can't wait for our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem in Stanley ParkOriginalmouseDined on 10/24/2014We came here for a birthday dinner, which started out with a sweet note wishing our table happy birthday on the menu. This small unexpected gesture was an indication of the attention to detail at the Fish House. The meal was sumptuous opening with crab cakes and continuing with the lovely delicateness of halibut, mixed grill and nicoise salad for each of our entrees. Our waiter Jake was perpetually cheerful and Jaime another waiter was superb; charming, engaging and helpful. Overall the Fish House is a hidden gem filled with delicious seafood, that is sustainable and reasonable, an intimate atmosphere and a lovely location, that we look forward to returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jadeflowerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Lovely restaurant and unfortunately it was pouring rain & dark when we went on Wednesday night. Otherwise the view should be immaculate. Service was bit slow, food was good except the dessert was bit dry & too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ENTIRE evening was a CLUSTER FMissycervDined on 10/21/2014The dining room was EXTREMELY DARK. We weren't given the "full menue" something that was less then appealing choices. THEN they drop the soup on our 80 year old friend!! The poor excuse of a manager spent approximately 30 seconds With her. Just long enough to apologize and give her his business card. Then when it came time to leave we requested a taxi ( there were 6 of us). Apparently that wasn't mentioned so they sent a Prius.
- dine42Dined on 10/19/2014excellent food and service in a charming atmosphere. will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceshowmethefoodVIPDined on 10/18/2014Customer service...Found it lacking. We used a coupon for the high tea. Once the server got us the tea and the multi-tiered tray of goodies, we were left on our own. We had to flag the server down to get hot water for our tea. Never once did the server check in on us. Wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Service, So So FoodBipqweVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had been to the Fish House a number of times before. The food and service has always been good. This time, the service was good. We had a few issues with the food. My fiance ordered the seafood risotto. The seafood was good, but the risotto was very salty. We told the waiter. He offered to bring another one, but my fiance did not want to send the whole thing back because the seafood was good. So she asked for a side of risotto, which our waiter brought. I ordered my steak medium rare, but it was more medium to medium well. I let it slide. Our waiter gave us a complimentary desert and a little more wine for my finace.
- 21st BirthdayIan2013Dined on 10/12/2014I appreciate the print out made for my daughter's 21st birthday. It made it extra special.Special Features:
- Best sable fishChinosDined on 10/11/2014Everything is always fresh and great menu selections. You will never be disappointed. Highly recommend sable fish, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAVIPDined on 10/11/2014Always good, service was excellent, beautiful ambience and food was all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon TeagloriaVIPDined on 10/10/2014The savory items were good, but the sweets were not as expected. Table wasn't set up until we arrived so we waited for a bit. Then, we had mentioned in our reservation that it is for high tea but the staff didn't read the notes at all. Luckily they have made extra otherwise we would have wasted half a day and parking. I don't think I would go back for high tea again. I think the place is a bit outdated for the price they are charging.Special Features:
- HungryDined on 10/4/2014Over the years a consistent dining experience. Good food, good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodFoodismylifeDined on 10/4/2014We came to the Fish House to celebrate our anniversary with our kids aged 11 and 13. We were there for the early seating, and had a great time. Our server was very attentive and she had some great suggestions. And... the food was phenomenal. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- excellent but small portionsDiHe4BDined on 9/28/2014Quality of the food is high but portions are rather small so, if you're hungry, you should order at least three courses (and bring enough money ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful/Unique sea foodBillSVIPDined on 9/27/2014While we live 1000 miles from Vancouver, whenever we are in that city we make it a point to eat dinner at the Fish House. Superb food with relatively unusual dishes like smoked black cod. The service is always very good, but this time we were fortunate to have a waiter who truly knew the menu and wine list. Bravo Vytas! If you're in Vancouver area, and like sea food, don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fish HouserickandannetteDined on 9/26/2014Classy place for a special-occasion lunch. It would have to be a special occasion, since quite pricey. Very few other customers, so that explains the excellent service and the quiet ambience. Food was tasty and elegantly presented.Special Features:
- A good choice for our visitorsfellowtraveller44Dined on 9/24/2014We had not been for some time but thought the Fish House might be right for our visitors from the UK. we were not disappointed. The service was attentive. The appetizers and fish entrees were excellent. The sound track was a touch too loud, especially when the room filled up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnglishbullsDined on 9/22/2014What a great evening we had this resturant was a real gem, food and service were excellent. Most certainly recommend to any of my friends visiting VancouverSpecial Features:
- Definite repeat!PattiDined on 9/22/2014Surrounded by Stanley Park, great food & service. Knowledgable waiter. Would definitely go back on next trip back to Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a gourmet - only prices:gourmetSteffenDined on 9/21/2014Waiter seens only interested in tips, but basics he did not know. For example: for the espresso no sugar was offered, Due the low service we only give 10% tip, after that he show us that, the restaurant wants to be a gourmet restaurant - but only the prices are gourmet, quality of food was only ok.Special Features:
- richibiDined on 9/21/2014apart from omelettes, this time, that were not fluffy, even dry, as often enough the salmon has been during other visits, the service, the ambiance, and, for that matter, my own eggs Benedict and Caesar salad were exceptional, I would return anytime and specify personal preferences - RichardSpecial Features:
- Delightful eveningsupawhileDined on 9/19/2014We were with friends from out of town who had asked us to take them to a fish restaurant and the Fish House certainly didn't disappoint. We were a party of six and every one of us found the meal we'd ordered was really outstanding. The service was pleasantly efficient, extremely professional and came with genuine smiles. We will certainly be going back to eat here, with or without guests, because everything about evening was such a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePuraVidaVIPDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I were visiting Vancouver and wanted to try the Fish House in Stanley Park. It was exactly what we had imagined -- classic old school place, with a modern menu, great food and service! My wife had the evening's trio of black cod, halibut, and arctic char -- all of which were good. Service was prompt and professional. We'd love to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with My Aussie Cousinsjcolby7777Dined on 9/18/2014After a tour of Stanley Park on a rainy morning we had a most enjoyable lunch with my cousins from Sydney. The service was great, the food excellent as to expected! The Fish House is one of our favourite restaurants that we like to share with friends & family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked and served to perfectionSAN4DKDined on 9/16/2014We had an awesome experience at the Fish House in Stanley Park. The location is romantic, tucked away in the park, but easy to find with signs posted. We had 3 kinds of grilled fish and a surf & turf with scallops. It was all brilliant, cooked to perfection and the service was above what we could ask for. I picked up the bill, and found it to be all reasonable. Will go back. Its worth driving for.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014This is an amazing restaurant all around! We were well taken care of and the food was incredibly delicious.Special Features:
- andreaDined on 9/14/2014really amazing service, the waitress was outstanding!Special Features:
- A Little StodgyfairviewdinerDined on 9/13/2014The Fish House has been around for a long time in Stanley Park, and unfortunately, it is starting to feel a bit like that. The clientele appears to be mostly older people, and the menu probably haven't changed in years. That said, the food is still good (the Salmon Wellington was superb and the Duck paté was fine). The service, however, was not all that attentive, and they even stupidly cranked open the overhanging tarpaulin while we were sitting under it, ruining my wine and drinking water with small black flakes from the old fabric and mechanism. (they replaced it after I pointed it out). Overall it feels a bit overpriced and a little stale, but nevertheless, it is a grand venue in the park, and very pleasant near sunset.Special Features: