Fish House in Stanley Park
8901 Stanley Park Drive
Vancouver, BC V6G 3E2Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Fish House in Stanley Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishhousestanleypark.com/
- Phone: 6046817275x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Afternoon Tea: Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm, we also can accommodate Afternoon Tea during the week if booked with at least 48 hours notice. We do not offer Afternoon Tea on Mother's Day, Father's Day or Valentine's Day;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday : 5:00pm - Late;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Curtis Demyon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Come celebrate with us in our 23rd year serving you! Vancouver's favourite fully-sustainable fish menu in the locals best-kept secret house. Thanks for making us number one for all of these years!
- Special Events: We cater to groups from eight to 358! Celebrate all of your special occasions with us...birthdays, anniversaries, wedding rehearsals, weddings, holidays, promotions, graduations, fund raisers, corporate events, sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days, and even Wednesdays!
Contact our Kemi Wells and our sales team for more information!
- Cross Street: Lagoon Dr. and the tennis courts
- Public Transit: Davie & Denman: The 5, the 6, the C21 and the C23
Vancouver Trolley courtesy stop at Stanley Park Dr & Lagoon Dr
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: All parking in Stanley Park is city paid parking (street and lot parking). It is paid parking that is good for all lots in the park if you plan on sightseeing before or after dining with us.
A word from Fish House in Stanley Park
Among the spectacular gardens of Stanley Park sits the historic Fish House restaurant. Indulge in exceptional seafood, freshly shucked oysters or enjoy our unique twist on a Mixed Grill dish. Sit back with a micro-brewed beer, a glass of wine from our award-winning wine list or enjoy a seasonal, specialized martini. For private events we have three distinct rooms, two of which feature patios opening onto the scenic natural beauty of Stanley Park, as well as a heritage wine cellar for intimate dinners. Whether it is a boutique wedding, corporate party or business meeting, the Fish House caters to your needs and wishes!Continued
As of May 2013, we are pleased to announce that we are one of the very few seafood restaurants in Vancouver to be 100% Ocean Wise™ certified!
As of May 2013, we are pleased to announce that we are one of the very few seafood restaurants in Vancouver to be 100% Ocean Wise™ certified!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fish House in Stanley Park - Best Restaurants in Stanley Park ›
Fish House in Stanley Park reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)romantic (85)scenic view (82)fit for foodies (80)great for outdoor dining (73)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (52)notable wine list (41)great for lunch (39)great for brunch (30)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- dine42Dined on 10/19/2014excellent food and service in a charming atmosphere. will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014Customer service...Found it lacking. We used a coupon for the high tea. Once the server got us the tea and the multi-tiered tray of goodies, we were left on our own. We had to flag the server down to get hot water for our tea. Never once did the server check in on us. Wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Service, So So FoodBipqweVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had been to the Fish House a number of times before. The food and service has always been good. This time, the service was good. We had a few issues with the food. My fiance ordered the seafood risotto. The seafood was good, but the risotto was very salty. We told the waiter. He offered to bring another one, but my fiance did not want to send the whole thing back because the seafood was good. So she asked for a side of risotto, which our waiter brought. I ordered my steak medium rare, but it was more medium to medium well. I let it slide. Our waiter gave us a complimentary desert and a little more wine for my finace.
- 21st BirthdayIan2013Dined on 10/12/2014I appreciate the print out made for my daughter's 21st birthday. It made it extra special.Special Features:
- Best sable fishChinosDined on 10/11/2014Everything is always fresh and great menu selections. You will never be disappointed. Highly recommend sable fish, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLAVIPDined on 10/11/2014Always good, service was excellent, beautiful ambience and food was all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon TeagloriaVIPDined on 10/10/2014The savory items were good, but the sweets were not as expected. Table wasn't set up until we arrived so we waited for a bit. Then, we had mentioned in our reservation that it is for high tea but the staff didn't read the notes at all. Luckily they have made extra otherwise we would have wasted half a day and parking. I don't think I would go back for high tea again. I think the place is a bit outdated for the price they are charging.Special Features:
- HungryDined on 10/4/2014Over the years a consistent dining experience. Good food, good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodFoodismylifeDined on 10/4/2014We came to the Fish House to celebrate our anniversary with our kids aged 11 and 13. We were there for the early seating, and had a great time. Our server was very attentive and she had some great suggestions. And... the food was phenomenal. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- excellent but small portionsDiHe4BDined on 9/28/2014Quality of the food is high but portions are rather small so, if you're hungry, you should order at least three courses (and bring enough money ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful/Unique sea foodBillSVIPDined on 9/27/2014While we live 1000 miles from Vancouver, whenever we are in that city we make it a point to eat dinner at the Fish House. Superb food with relatively unusual dishes like smoked black cod. The service is always very good, but this time we were fortunate to have a waiter who truly knew the menu and wine list. Bravo Vytas! If you're in Vancouver area, and like sea food, don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fish HouserickandannetteDined on 9/26/2014Classy place for a special-occasion lunch. It would have to be a special occasion, since quite pricey. Very few other customers, so that explains the excellent service and the quiet ambience. Food was tasty and elegantly presented.Special Features:
- A good choice for our visitorsfellowtraveller44Dined on 9/24/2014We had not been for some time but thought the Fish House might be right for our visitors from the UK. we were not disappointed. The service was attentive. The appetizers and fish entrees were excellent. The sound track was a touch too loud, especially when the room filled up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnglishbullsDined on 9/22/2014What a great evening we had this resturant was a real gem, food and service were excellent. Most certainly recommend to any of my friends visiting VancouverSpecial Features:
- Definite repeat!PattiDined on 9/22/2014Surrounded by Stanley Park, great food & service. Knowledgable waiter. Would definitely go back on next trip back to Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a gourmet - only prices:gourmetSteffenDined on 9/21/2014Waiter seens only interested in tips, but basics he did not know. For example: for the espresso no sugar was offered, Due the low service we only give 10% tip, after that he show us that, the restaurant wants to be a gourmet restaurant - but only the prices are gourmet, quality of food was only ok.Special Features:
- richibiDined on 9/21/2014apart from omelettes, this time, that were not fluffy, even dry, as often enough the salmon has been during other visits, the service, the ambiance, and, for that matter, my own eggs Benedict and Caesar salad were exceptional, I would return anytime and specify personal preferences - RichardSpecial Features:
- Delightful eveningsupawhileDined on 9/19/2014We were with friends from out of town who had asked us to take them to a fish restaurant and the Fish House certainly didn't disappoint. We were a party of six and every one of us found the meal we'd ordered was really outstanding. The service was pleasantly efficient, extremely professional and came with genuine smiles. We will certainly be going back to eat here, with or without guests, because everything about evening was such a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePuraVidaVIPDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I were visiting Vancouver and wanted to try the Fish House in Stanley Park. It was exactly what we had imagined -- classic old school place, with a modern menu, great food and service! My wife had the evening's trio of black cod, halibut, and arctic char -- all of which were good. Service was prompt and professional. We'd love to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with My Aussie Cousinsjcolby7777Dined on 9/18/2014After a tour of Stanley Park on a rainy morning we had a most enjoyable lunch with my cousins from Sydney. The service was great, the food excellent as to expected! The Fish House is one of our favourite restaurants that we like to share with friends & family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked and served to perfectionSAN4DKDined on 9/16/2014We had an awesome experience at the Fish House in Stanley Park. The location is romantic, tucked away in the park, but easy to find with signs posted. We had 3 kinds of grilled fish and a surf & turf with scallops. It was all brilliant, cooked to perfection and the service was above what we could ask for. I picked up the bill, and found it to be all reasonable. Will go back. Its worth driving for.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014This is an amazing restaurant all around! We were well taken care of and the food was incredibly delicious.Special Features:
- andreaDined on 9/14/2014really amazing service, the waitress was outstanding!Special Features:
- A Little StodgyfairviewdinerDined on 9/13/2014The Fish House has been around for a long time in Stanley Park, and unfortunately, it is starting to feel a bit like that. The clientele appears to be mostly older people, and the menu probably haven't changed in years. That said, the food is still good (the Salmon Wellington was superb and the Duck paté was fine). The service, however, was not all that attentive, and they even stupidly cranked open the overhanging tarpaulin while we were sitting under it, ruining my wine and drinking water with small black flakes from the old fabric and mechanism. (they replaced it after I pointed it out). Overall it feels a bit overpriced and a little stale, but nevertheless, it is a grand venue in the park, and very pleasant near sunset.Special Features:
- SwannyDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic setting and food. Our service was outstanding! Would recommend this to anyone. We love Stanley Park had a view of the water on the outside Patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Fish HouseDinettaDined on 9/12/2014Walkway to entrance near parking smelled of garbage and foyer had raw fish odour. Dinner service slow to begin, not enough servers on a Friday? Once we got it, was very good, only due to server Corwyn. Appetizer salmon 3 ways best described as a smear and a blob or a lick and gulp. Arctic char excellent but hot sauce and heavy potato croquette a clash. Halibut excellent but small -3 small clam shells on plate had nothing in them. Its sauce contains bacon, fine if you eat meat. Dessert good buttermilk tart. Another server expected us to wait 20-30 min while they whipped butter for the bread-they ran out! Problem solved by Corwyn. Expensive venue for dinner. Manager didn't seem interested in the diners. Reception staff friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Not GreatFredDined on 9/12/2014Not sure if we just hit a bad night as we have been several times, but I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Wish we could give them 10 stars !!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014What a gem of a restaurant. Read other reviews, and thought we just have to go here for our special dinner on our two week visit to Vancouver, BC. Needless to say, you will not be disappointed with the outstandingly wonderful and attentive service, the excellently prepared food, and the overall wonderful experience. Even the choice of music (and played softly) was perfect for the setting and the mood. We've been to the Fishhouse a before - but for their excellent afternoon tea. This was our first time having dinner here. For us, this now ties two other restaurants (from Mazatlan, Mexico, and Melbourne, Australia) as the best restaurants of the world we have eaten at. Enjoy!Special Features:
- excellent, as usualmazzDined on 9/9/2014A wonderful place for a special dinner; food, service, atmosphere all perfect.Special Features:
- UpnorthUpnorthDined on 9/7/2014Dining in the historic Stanley Park Fish House is like stepping back in time to the 1930's. The setting is elegant but casual and with music from the 40's lilting in the background very comfortable. The service was first rate and the seafood exceptional. A very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- High Tea, anyone?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Last Sunday, we (4 of us) had high tea at the Fish House and find that it was good if you have a big appetite. The sandwiches are appetizing, and the pattisseries are appealing. However, we had to have 4 orders and do not have the options of having 2 orders, whereas, other restaurants give customers that option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adventurous Fish recipes!timbo59ukDined on 9/6/2014We found this restaurant on Tripadvisor as one of the top ones in Vancouver. the booking from London worked fine, and we were seated on time. We sat indoors although there is external seating; on a Saturday night it was quite busy and loud inside; we did have a spotlight glaring down at us to start with, but they did dim it on our request. The food, naturally weighted to seafood but with meat selections too, was most impressive - Halibut 'sous vide' (nice way of saying 'boil in the bag'), smoked black cod, seared Arctic Char and so on. Service was friendly and pretty efficient once they got going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargooDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food. Attentive service. Lovely atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Had family visiting from out of town thought dinner in the park would be nice way to show off the city. None of us had ever been there and it was a great evening.The staff was knowledgeable about the menu and helpful with suggestions and the food was fantastic. There was a lot going on in the restaurant so it was an upbeat place. Would diffidently go again. Nice setting having the restaurant in the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our 50th anniversary at the Fish House and enjoyed the chilled seafood and spinach salad, poached halibut, Cannery cod and buttermilk tart. Service was okay, if a bit diffident, on a busy Friday evening, and we always enjoy the setting in Stanley Park.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2014We actually made a last minute change of plans for our dining location and couldn't have been happier with our decision. Our waitress, Jennifer, and staff member, Geoff, ensured that we had a pleasurable dining experience. I would highly recommend the Fish House to anyone looking for a quality, classic meal, great drinks and outstanding service in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014everything was good except one problem: my kid's pasta plate had two big thumb prints on it. Wife said it was no big deal, but I just couldn't take my mind off it.
- Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014When we arrived, we asked for a quiet table. They further accommodated us by turning down the music in the room we were in and generally seated the raucous groups far away. The food as usual was perfect.Special Features:
- Fresh fish, lots of veggiesSkookumchompDined on 8/20/2014Many restaurants begrudgingly put a couple vegetables on the plate with the main, but here they were very generous with the veggies, at least on the two fresh fish of the day selections we chose. Yummy sockeye salmon. I would not order the ahi tuna salad again since the potato salad dressing was interfering with the ahi taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choice!1stchoiceDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful food. Excellent service from Jennifer. Loved it. Only problem...parking is difficult and not handicap friendly. Should add valet services for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.