Fish Bones American Grill
70 Lincoln St.
Lewiston, ME 04240Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fish Bones American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishbonesag.com/
- Phone: 207-333-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday 11:30am - 9:30, Saturday: Dinner only 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Closed Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Paul F. Landry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that can accommodate up to 22 people. We do open on off times for larger private functions as well.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Landry 207-333-3663
A word from Fish Bones American Grill
Fish Bones American Grill is located in the renovated Bates Mill Complex of Lewiston, Maine. Opened in 2005, we offer a full menu from the land and sea. Please join us for dinner, or to enjoy a pleasant evening in our comfortable Bar area. We hope to make your visit to downtown Lewiston/Auburn a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fish Bones American Grill - Best Restaurants in Lewiston, ME ›
Fish Bones American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)special occasion (37)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (13)romantic (13)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great steak special. Wonderful salads. Excellent desert. Strong flavorful drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014My husband and I both had the tuna and it was absolutely amazing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bates alumPortlandFoodieDined on 8/20/2014We have found our go-to restaurant when we come to Lewiston to attend concerts at Bates. Great food, lovely ambiance, super service. Yippee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun MenuLoveMaine21VIPDined on 8/16/2014We took our nephew here for dinner after he had been on an Outward Bound adventure for two weeks. He devoured the food and said it was the best food he had eaten in a long time. He loved the steak with fries (served with more flair). I would like to recommend the lobster bisque we both had for our first course. Very nicely done. This is a very busy place with a fun vibe. Main course was a little slow to arrive at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFatCatDined on 8/16/2014In an area with few restaurants that venture outside of fried clams and chicken wings this was a breath of fresh air. The mussels were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceLindaLVIPDined on 8/16/2014Very nice restaurant with upscale decor. The tables were not crowded together (one of my pet peeves) which allowed us to have our own conversation without interruption. The food was excellent, and our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and was able to help us with our decisions. Drinks were also excellent. I would recommend in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent dinning, food is out of this world, we did find the noise level was a bite high, but that could be where we were seated in a cornerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!DavidBDined on 8/12/2014Wonderful food and service. A real gem. We loved our wedding anniversary dinner there. Use a map to find it. iPhone GPS couldn't locate it. We plan to go back frequently, now that we know where it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Open Table is a loser and was very misleading about what time I could get a reservation. I'll never use them again. I have been going to Fish Bones since it opened and will continue. Keep up the good work. You are one of the few assets this area has.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday dinnerGrazerVIPDined on 8/1/2014After a fairly stressful week , it was nice to head to Fishbones and unwind. I tried the salmon special which was fresh and tasty. My husband had the chicken and he enjoyed it. We skipped dessert but opted for decaf coffee and a coffee dessert. We were satisfied and full as we headed back home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- planefolkDined on 7/18/2014all aspects of the evenong with six of us for dinner was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place in the L-A areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Great ambiance, friendly, knowledgeable staff, excellent food and drinks... what's not to love about Fishbones?!! We have recommended Fishbones to everyone we know, and they've all loved it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceournightsoutDined on 7/18/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at Fish Bones. The appetizer, the salad, the entrees, the drinks, and dessert were all superb. The restaurant is located in a renovated mill, so the place has a warehouse look and feel. Thus, there are areas that are quite open, and the sound can be somewhat boisterous. Nice atmosphere, though. Staff are very friendly. I talked with the manager on the way out, and she pointed out a smaller room (only five tables) that is well away from the bustling kitchen and service area, as well as another area that was quieter. We sat right next to the kitchen with music coming from speakers on the wall right behind us, but we had no problem conversing, nor could we hear the table next to us. It was a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014Our summer home is nearby (30 minutes) and since there are not a lot of choices this is a nice spot to go out for dinner just to get out of the house and the cooking routine. A very pleasant experience. So none of the choices in #2 really apply. Just a good solid place to get a nice meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Extremely noisy! Restaurant was only 1/2 full but we could barely hear each other speak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Great Service.foodie4shurDined on 6/30/2014We booked a table for 12, for a birthday dinner, on a Monday night. Our table was ready prior to our reservation time giving ample time for a little decorating. They had no problem with us bringing a birthday cake and perfectly timed the cake presentation without us even asking ... candles and all. The food was fantastic. I highly recommend the lobster and wild mushroom sacchetti. The creamy lobster jus with truffle oil was sublime! Everyone enjoyed their meal. Our waiter was attentive and patient and accommodated separate checks without a blink. The restaurant is very easy to get to with ample parking. The decor is elegant, rustic and slightly industrial transforming a former mill space into a luminous landscape. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- PhilVIPDined on 6/24/2014Always a great experience. Love the atmosphere, food and service.Special Features:
- Outstanding!InnkeeperJanDined on 6/21/2014Although we had reservations for a table, we started at the bar and stayed through dinner. A little noisier than usual due to a gathering of a large "flock" of golfers but the people watching was fun! We ordered the Calimari ap followed by the lobster rangoons.....both flavorful and done to perfection, including the presentation. We both ordered the Maine Lobster & Porcini Mushroom Sacchetti. OMG! There was the meat of a whole lobster in the preparation, the mushroom ragout bundles were perfection, and the "jus" (creamy lobster stock) was so wonderful that we wanted to lick our plates clean! It was phenomenal....no hesitation....I'd order it again and highly recommend it. Staff were very pleasant, helpful and attentive (not too tho')Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodJLepDined on 6/20/2014We have eaten here twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. The menu is not extensive but has selections for most people and the food is fresh, very well prepared and presented. We will be back. The only negative is the noise level. The interior has many hard surfaces of wood and metal which the sounds bounce off of. This may be more of a problem for older people like us.Special Features:
- Wonderful StaffChickoceanDined on 6/18/2014Always enjoy taking my clients to dinner at Fish Bones,food is always above par and the entire staff is warm and friendly. I travel U.S. and Canada and have eaten in many fine resturants,Fish Bones has "never" let me down. Thank you all.Special Features:
- Not as great this timeTangDined on 6/13/2014The last time we went to Fishbones, I was still raving about the experience a month later. This time there was nowhere near the same. The food was adequate and that was it and the menu change left a lot to be desired. I will say that the service was top notch which helped the overall experience come up to a low passing grade.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantJannyanddaveDined on 6/11/2014This is our go to restaurant when we are celebrating, have company or just want a nice comfortable quiet dinner together. Great place to just sit at the bar for a drink and appetizers. We have always enjoyed each visit. If you are in the area it is a great restaurant to try.Special Features:
- Usually goodCynthiaDined on 6/7/2014This is a favorite restaurant so we were disappointed by our meals this time. The Garlic Mussels Linguicia with pasta was incredibly bland and watery enough to pass as a soup. Portion was ample but flavor was missing. The other 2 in my party ordered the salmon with blueberry barbeque sauce. They both said the salmon was excellent but the blueberry barbeque was boring. One thing didn't change and that was the excellent service. Hopefully our lackluster meal was just an aberration because Fishbones has always been our favorite restaurant in Maine.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary GatheringKraeDined on 6/5/2014It's our go to place when we are planning for a special occasion. We know everyone in the dinner party will find something they like and thoroughly enjoy it.Special Features:
- LovetotravelDined on 6/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. It was our first time there and we would definitely go back. Even though it was a busy Thursday night, you could still have pleasant conversation without having to raise your voice. The food and service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014Very good food with nice atmosphere. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Really enjoyed the menu variety. Presentation was beautiful and the food was delicious. We will be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CopeiaDined on 5/9/2014I was impressed that they had our favorite table (I'm hearing impaired) recorded in their CPU. We were given that table without having to ask. My haddock dish was well prepared; flavorful and not overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 456 reviews are from the Fish Bones American Grill reviews archive.
- Never DisappointedKraeDined on 4/23/2014We just love to gather our friends together at fish bones. Every meal that we have had has been excellent.It's our first choice when we want a night out in Lewiston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu & QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014Expanded menu with great food choices; they always have great specials from which to choose.Special Features:
- Consistently goodEileenDined on 4/5/2014Fishbones never disappoints. You can go there confident that the meal and service will be really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014We all enjoyed every morsel we ate. Bit of a wait between appetizers and main meal but overall loved our night at FishbonesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Sashimi Tuna is greatReetieDined on 3/25/2014Always a great meal at Fish Bones. The Tuna is outstanding. First time at the bar, it is a great room also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was expecting it to be decent....TangDined on 3/22/2014However, I was completely satisfied with every aspect. From the wine and appetizers, straight through to desert, everything was perfection. I am a very difficult man to please when it comes to eating out. The food was fabulous, both mine and my wife's. I will return over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful mealConnieDined on 3/20/2014My two friends and I had a wonderful meal at Fish Bones. Nice atmosphere, food with good flavor and nice presentation. Wait staff is very pleasant and attentive. I'd recommend this to anyone who desires seafood with some flair, priced comparable to other quality restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great saveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/14/2014I had dinner with my wife and two boys 18, and19. We come here frequently and really enjoy the great food and service. Tonight my son ordered the salmon which was over cooked. They took it back and before the three of us had eaten much of our dinner a new salmon dinner was in front of my son (perfectly cooked). We all can make mistakes. I was very pleased with how quickly they were able to get the plate out to us so he didn't have to eat alone. The rest of the meal was great. Thanks again to the Fishbones staff for making it it such a great dining experience.Special Features:
- The food was very good andMarkDined on 3/11/2014The food was very good and the atmosphere very relaxing. Nice and quiet so you can easily talk with companions. Nice open spread out feel and not over crowded or sitting right next to someone else. A little on the expensive side but the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Luv2sailDined on 3/10/2014A wonderful date night destination. The seafood is fresh, cooked perfectly and the presentation was very nice. The waitstaff was great. Very pleasant atmosphere. Fish Bones is a great find for seafood lovers! We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in and Around LewistonMelissaDined on 3/8/2014I have been going to Fishbones for lunch and dinner for about two years. I love their food! I am go glad I found this little gem. I was traveling to the Old Port when I wanted to go out to dinner. Fishbones is just as good, in some areas better. Though I miss the scallop and risotto plate- please bring that back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anxious to try it outJamNineDined on 3/7/2014I had been meaning to try this restaurant out for some time now, but never had made the trip. I decided Restaurant Week was as good a time as any. Now that I've been once, I an anxious to go back. The offerings for the special menu were very tempting. I took the special and my partner took an entrée off the menu. I had the steak and it was done perfectly medium, just how I like it. Accompanied by a glass of Malbec, my Friday night was perfect. The desert was splendid, but if anything, too big. The house made ice cream was excellent. My partner had the duck, which was a little on the dry side, but still tasty. The sweet potato was delicious. Our waiter seemed to be running hectic, but still very attentive and pleasant.Special Features: