Fish Bones American Grill
70 Lincoln St.
Lewiston, ME 04240Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fish Bones American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishbonesag.com/
- Phone: 207-333-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday 11:30am - 9:30, Saturday: Dinner only 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Closed Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Paul F. Landry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that can accommodate up to 22 people. We do open on off times for larger private functions as well.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Landry 207-333-3663
A word from Fish Bones American Grill
Fish Bones American Grill is located in the renovated Bates Mill Complex of Lewiston, Maine. Opened in 2005, we offer a full menu from the land and sea. Please join us for dinner, or to enjoy a pleasant evening in our comfortable Bar area. We hope to make your visit to downtown Lewiston/Auburn a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fish Bones American Grill - Best Restaurants in Lewiston, ME ›
Fish Bones American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)special occasion (43)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (16)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Date NightrarelygooutDined on 10/17/2014Had date night with my wife who had been away for a week. Had never seen the bar so busy for a Friday night. It was vibrant and energetic. Not quiet or romantic that night, but nice nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTKLewistonBoyDined on 10/4/2014You can't go wrong at Fishbones! Great food and great setting. Enjoy!Special Features:
- great evening, great foodbak4morDined on 10/4/2014Fish Bones made a great place for friends to get together for a wonderful meal. We never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Good food, Outstanding ServiceSimplePleasuresinDiningDined on 9/27/2014A great spot for some tasty food! The menu included great seafood options, vegetarian options and other meat. Flavors were great. And the service was absolutely outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Went there for a special occasion but found it very difficult to talk because there was a very large group in the main dining room and it was very noisy. I couldn't even hear the specials from our own waiter. the food was good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousCynthiaDined on 9/13/2014The last time we visited I was disappointed by my meal. I had been numerous times before that and always enjoyed what I ordered. This time my faith was restored andFishbones goes back to the top of my favorite Maine restaurant list. I ordered lobster rangoon for an appetizerand they were light, crisp and filled with lobster. The order came with 4 goodsized pieces. My main course was sesame-crusted, seared ahi tuna salad. Presentation was beautiful and salad was large, fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Not happy with changesCPM63Dined on 9/13/2014Very disappointed that pricing has now gone to ala carte. Restaurant was extremely loud, couldn't hear the person across the table.
- foodjunkyDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent and the waitress was very friendly and genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent always great foodFoodieDined on 9/4/2014Great variety. Something for everyone to enjoy. Great staff and the owners are terrific people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceMainecoonDined on 9/3/2014Our food was excellent. We really enjoyed the bread and the bacon pretzel and lobster bisque appetizers. The steaks were excellent cooked to order. We ordered the parmesan frits, expected like potato nuggets or fries, but received very thin strips. However, these were pretty good. The dessert was excellent, the waiter made to order a specific strawberry dessert for my wife. This was the 2nd time we have been there and the 2nd was just as good as the first. would be nice if you had a listing for port wine. Gene CampSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014Fabulous food, great service, reasonable prices. You'd pay twice as much for the same quality in a larger city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014As always, Fish Bones has the best cuisine around! It remains my all time favorite restaurant to go with family and friends. It's fantastic especially for those who want some impeccable, perfectly portioned seafood.Special Features:
- A happy anniversary celebration.LAfoodiesDined on 8/30/2014We had a very nice evening. Our waitress was exceptional. I wish I could remember her name. Our drinks and courses were well-timed. Crab cakes very generous, shrimp cocktail a tad over-cooked, but cocktail sauce had just the right amount of horseradish. My sirloin was cooked perfectly. Loved the light potato strips with parmesan, and asparagus was done just right. The Portuguese stew was very satisfying. Creme brûlée perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great steak special. Wonderful salads. Excellent desert. Strong flavorful drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014My husband and I both had the tuna and it was absolutely amazing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bates alumPortlandFoodieDined on 8/20/2014We have found our go-to restaurant when we come to Lewiston to attend concerts at Bates. Great food, lovely ambiance, super service. Yippee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun MenuLoveMaine21VIPDined on 8/16/2014We took our nephew here for dinner after he had been on an Outward Bound adventure for two weeks. He devoured the food and said it was the best food he had eaten in a long time. He loved the steak with fries (served with more flair). I would like to recommend the lobster bisque we both had for our first course. Very nicely done. This is a very busy place with a fun vibe. Main course was a little slow to arrive at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFatCatDined on 8/16/2014In an area with few restaurants that venture outside of fried clams and chicken wings this was a breath of fresh air. The mussels were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceLindaLVIPDined on 8/16/2014Very nice restaurant with upscale decor. The tables were not crowded together (one of my pet peeves) which allowed us to have our own conversation without interruption. The food was excellent, and our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and was able to help us with our decisions. Drinks were also excellent. I would recommend in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent dinning, food is out of this world, we did find the noise level was a bite high, but that could be where we were seated in a cornerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!DavidBDined on 8/12/2014Wonderful food and service. A real gem. We loved our wedding anniversary dinner there. Use a map to find it. iPhone GPS couldn't locate it. We plan to go back frequently, now that we know where it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Open Table is a loser and was very misleading about what time I could get a reservation. I'll never use them again. I have been going to Fish Bones since it opened and will continue. Keep up the good work. You are one of the few assets this area has.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday dinnerGrazerVIPDined on 8/1/2014After a fairly stressful week , it was nice to head to Fishbones and unwind. I tried the salmon special which was fresh and tasty. My husband had the chicken and he enjoyed it. We skipped dessert but opted for decaf coffee and a coffee dessert. We were satisfied and full as we headed back home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- planefolkDined on 7/18/2014all aspects of the evenong with six of us for dinner was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place in the L-A areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Great ambiance, friendly, knowledgeable staff, excellent food and drinks... what's not to love about Fishbones?!! We have recommended Fishbones to everyone we know, and they've all loved it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceournightsoutDined on 7/18/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at Fish Bones. The appetizer, the salad, the entrees, the drinks, and dessert were all superb. The restaurant is located in a renovated mill, so the place has a warehouse look and feel. Thus, there are areas that are quite open, and the sound can be somewhat boisterous. Nice atmosphere, though. Staff are very friendly. I talked with the manager on the way out, and she pointed out a smaller room (only five tables) that is well away from the bustling kitchen and service area, as well as another area that was quieter. We sat right next to the kitchen with music coming from speakers on the wall right behind us, but we had no problem conversing, nor could we hear the table next to us. It was a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014Our summer home is nearby (30 minutes) and since there are not a lot of choices this is a nice spot to go out for dinner just to get out of the house and the cooking routine. A very pleasant experience. So none of the choices in #2 really apply. Just a good solid place to get a nice meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Extremely noisy! Restaurant was only 1/2 full but we could barely hear each other speak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Great Service.foodie4shurDined on 6/30/2014We booked a table for 12, for a birthday dinner, on a Monday night. Our table was ready prior to our reservation time giving ample time for a little decorating. They had no problem with us bringing a birthday cake and perfectly timed the cake presentation without us even asking ... candles and all. The food was fantastic. I highly recommend the lobster and wild mushroom sacchetti. The creamy lobster jus with truffle oil was sublime! Everyone enjoyed their meal. Our waiter was attentive and patient and accommodated separate checks without a blink. The restaurant is very easy to get to with ample parking. The decor is elegant, rustic and slightly industrial transforming a former mill space into a luminous landscape. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The following 468 reviews are from the Fish Bones American Grill reviews archive.
- PhilVIPDined on 6/24/2014Always a great experience. Love the atmosphere, food and service.Special Features:
- Outstanding!InnkeeperJanDined on 6/21/2014Although we had reservations for a table, we started at the bar and stayed through dinner. A little noisier than usual due to a gathering of a large "flock" of golfers but the people watching was fun! We ordered the Calimari ap followed by the lobster rangoons.....both flavorful and done to perfection, including the presentation. We both ordered the Maine Lobster & Porcini Mushroom Sacchetti. OMG! There was the meat of a whole lobster in the preparation, the mushroom ragout bundles were perfection, and the "jus" (creamy lobster stock) was so wonderful that we wanted to lick our plates clean! It was phenomenal....no hesitation....I'd order it again and highly recommend it. Staff were very pleasant, helpful and attentive (not too tho')Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodJLepDined on 6/20/2014We have eaten here twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. The menu is not extensive but has selections for most people and the food is fresh, very well prepared and presented. We will be back. The only negative is the noise level. The interior has many hard surfaces of wood and metal which the sounds bounce off of. This may be more of a problem for older people like us.Special Features:
- Wonderful StaffChickoceanDined on 6/18/2014Always enjoy taking my clients to dinner at Fish Bones,food is always above par and the entire staff is warm and friendly. I travel U.S. and Canada and have eaten in many fine resturants,Fish Bones has "never" let me down. Thank you all.Special Features:
- Not as great this timeTangDined on 6/13/2014The last time we went to Fishbones, I was still raving about the experience a month later. This time there was nowhere near the same. The food was adequate and that was it and the menu change left a lot to be desired. I will say that the service was top notch which helped the overall experience come up to a low passing grade.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantJannyanddaveDined on 6/11/2014This is our go to restaurant when we are celebrating, have company or just want a nice comfortable quiet dinner together. Great place to just sit at the bar for a drink and appetizers. We have always enjoyed each visit. If you are in the area it is a great restaurant to try.Special Features:
- Usually goodCynthiaDined on 6/7/2014This is a favorite restaurant so we were disappointed by our meals this time. The Garlic Mussels Linguicia with pasta was incredibly bland and watery enough to pass as a soup. Portion was ample but flavor was missing. The other 2 in my party ordered the salmon with blueberry barbeque sauce. They both said the salmon was excellent but the blueberry barbeque was boring. One thing didn't change and that was the excellent service. Hopefully our lackluster meal was just an aberration because Fishbones has always been our favorite restaurant in Maine.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary GatheringKraeDined on 6/5/2014It's our go to place when we are planning for a special occasion. We know everyone in the dinner party will find something they like and thoroughly enjoy it.Special Features:
- LovetotravelDined on 6/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. It was our first time there and we would definitely go back. Even though it was a busy Thursday night, you could still have pleasant conversation without having to raise your voice. The food and service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014Very good food with nice atmosphere. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Really enjoyed the menu variety. Presentation was beautiful and the food was delicious. We will be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.