Fish & Co.
2317 12th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37204Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fish & Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishco-nashville.com/
- Phone: 6152922655
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday 11am - 9pm Friday 11am - 10pm Saturday 12pm - 10pm Sunday 11am - 9pm Closed Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Josh Weekley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fish & Co. would love to cater your next event!
A word from Fish & Co.
Fish & Co. is a Southern restaurant specializing in fresh Seafood. We offer a selection of the city's freshest oysters! You will love our Grilled Jumbo Scallops with winter hash, and a smoked tomato coulis. There are also plenty of offerings for the non-seafood lover. Stop by during happy hour for great specials on wines by the glass, beer, and featured cocktails. Also, during happy hour we off great discounts on oysters! Our bar offers classic Southern cocktails made to perfection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fish & Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great neighborhood fish restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2012Visited Fish & Co for a birthday dinner. Great food on the patio in a fun and vibrant neighborhood. Will be back for more oysters soon!Special Features:
- Good food, good service andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012Good food, good service and convenient to Vanderbilt. We'd never been to that area but will definitely go again when we're in Nashville.Special Features:
- Salad was very small. HaveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012Salad was very small. Have had better fish for the price.
- Excellent choice near VandyTAFanVIPDined on 10/12/2012Fish & Co. is an excellent choice if you are looking for an upscale spot in the Vandy/Belmont area. We found Fish & Co. via Open Table and chose it for a Friday supper with our Vandy student, for its convenient location, favorable OT reviews, and a desire for seafood. Each of us was happy with our options: shrimp & grits, scallops and the daily special of grouper. Portions were fine: not too big, not too small. Tasty starters of tempura shrimp and tuna tartare & lettuce wraps were excellent. They and the fabulous apple-cranberry bread pudding were enough to share. Our waiter was helpful, friendly but not intrusive. The patio was perfect on a mild October night. We left satisfied, and ready to return.Special Features:
- Not recommended.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Food was average for that kind of restaurant. My girlfriend ordered scallops with mashed potatoes. Her food was served cold. We sent it back and they did heat it up. Poor resolution for a fine dinning restaurant.
- Fantastic Night with GrandparentsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2012I went with my grandparents, which is always somewhat concerning due to possible rude service or 'too modern' of a menu. Luckily, they both loved it and I found it to be very enjoyable. We started out with cocktails, and my Tanqueray and tonic was prepared extremely well. For appetizers my grandparents both got half a dozen oysters, some gulf coast and some Virginian. The oysters were delicious and on top of that, my grandfather and I got Charleston She Crab soup and crab cakes respectively. Both were superb. For entrees we got the Scallops, Pan-seared Grouper special and the Rainbow Trout. All of these were wonderful and unique. Deserts were also scrumptious. We got the peach crisp, bread pudding and chocolate-peanut butterSpecial Features:
- A little over priced... 2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012A little over priced... 2 glasses of wine, a wedge salad, 14 oysters and shrimp & grits and it was 90 bucks with tip. Food was good and service was great, but for what I got I would expect to pay $65 range.
- absolutely delicious! it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/1/2012absolutely delicious! it was a little chilly out but we wanted to sit outside- they turned heater on for us, put TV on monday night football. very accomodating.Special Features:
- overpriced for portion sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012overpriced for portion size and food quality. Overcooked mussels.Special Features:
- Finally Good Fish in NashvilleMaryDined on 9/15/2012The food was spectacular. The weather was great to sit out in the patio. Need to work on the patio decor a bit to give it some umph. Otherwise the food was terrific. The oysters were divine, the stuffed trout was delicious and the peach crisp was tremendous. Service was great had a wonderful server and very accomodating and timely with all of our needs.Special Features:
- The patio is nice, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012The patio is nice, but the food was disappointing. The Calimari consisted of big, greasy chunks of squid, and the shrimp and grits was bland and unappealing. This was our second trip to Fish & Co.--there will not be a third.
- Oysters were great but ........OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012I gave it a good rating only because we were a table for 4 there at 6:30 PM on a Wednesday and after the second dozen of raw oysters we were told there were no more. Also while there the server never refilled my water glass after I drank my beer. He did ask if I wanted another beer though.Special Features:
- at least one person from ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012at least one person from our family has been there 4 times in the last 3 months and we live in californiaSpecial Features:
- Good Firsttime VisitWiltDined on 8/26/2012This was the fIrst time for my wife and I to visit Fish & Company as we went for Sunday brunch following a movie at the Belcourt. Good food variety and ambience. Ordered the French toast and Country Fried steak and eggs on our waiters suggstion. Both were excellecent. We will go back!!!
- Overall, I thought the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012Overall, I thought the experience was good but not over the top or really in-line with the price. The price to quality relationship needs some work which is probably why the place wasn't packed on a Saturday night at 7 pm...
- We loved every bite and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2012We loved every bite and the service was wonderful!Special Features:
- We had a fine meal on theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2012We had a fine meal on the patio for a late August Supper. Good food, wine and service. Will definitely eat here again!Special Features:
- Food excellent, service, notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Food excellent, service, not so hot. The service did get better I have to say. Having arrived at time booked, I asked if we could be seated outside, front of house said this would be no problem, could we wait five minutes. This was no problem as we were seated quicker than that, but this is where the service let the restaurant down. We were ignored, I had to ask for a drink and water. Once we had been designated a server this all changed a service was excellent. Food as I said before was excellent and after initial server issue things did pick up.Special Features:
- Seafood Haven in NashvilleTnttownVIPDined on 8/18/2012Fun place to enjoy fresh, creative rifts on well prepared seafood.Special Features:
- I'm a Lowcountry girl andkarengDined on 8/18/2012I'm a Lowcountry girl and when I see restaurants featuring "lowcountry" fare I'm skeptical. I was blissfully surprised with Fish & Co. The She Crab Soup was as downright lowcountry as you can get, creamy but not too thick and very tasty with the just right amount of sherry. I had the grouper which was perfectly prepared. My husband has the oyster BLT and although its a sandwich is was the best thing on the table. All the flavors came together in every bite. We'll go again.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGSophistaKateDined on 8/18/2012FOOD WAS WONDERFUL. OYSTERS, GROUPER, SHRIMP AND GRITS,CRAB SOUP, KEY LIME PIE ALL EXCEPTIONAL!Special Features:
- This was my second visit andClayVIPDined on 8/16/2012This was my second visit and I must admit that I was a little dissappointed with the food. I hope it was an anomaly. My first visit cancels this out so I will definitely return for a third and deciding try.Special Features:
- Great food, great choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2012Great food, great choices on menu, fresh fish items and excellent kind waiters. Easy parking [valet] and good location in 12 South nabe.Special Features:
- We will definitely go again.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2012We will definitely go again. The chopped salad and shrimp and grits were especially good. Key lime pie and berry sorbet were good. The shrimp and grits was the only the that pushed limits of my weight watchers diet.Since I have watch my salt, it was nice that herbs and unexpected ingredience like fennel were used to please the pallet instead of heavy salt. Kudos to the chef. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Really great happy hour deals.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2012Really great happy hour deals. Best grouper we have ever had. Really not in the best part of town. Recommend taking a taxi.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our evening atWilsonerDined on 7/15/2012We enjoyed our evening at Fish & Co. The drink and wine menu is great, and we enjoyed appetizers as meals with a shared salad and a few oysters -- our first! -- no problem. My husband got the lobster reuben and I had the crab cakes. The reuben was plenty of food for the price. While the crab cakes were small, they were still filling and had plenty of lump crab rather than a bunch of bread as filling. We definitely plan to come back.Special Features:
- Speedy and High-QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012Had a great experience. The fish was fantastic, as we're the beau soliel oysters. My fiancée had shrimp and grits, which was tasty and filling. We came on a Sunday night so the place wasn't crowded; our food came out within fifteen minutes of ordering. I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Has potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012I thought this was a good restaurant. Nothing was bad at all, but nothing was excellent. Fortunately and unfortunately, my wife and I just returned from Gulf Shores and a week of restaurant hunting. We aren't into fried food, so it was tough to please us down there, but we did find a place we really enjoyed. This recent experience made our first experience for Fish & Co. more difficult. I thought the menu was a bit lacking in entree variety. The menu was basically a mix of dishes/ fish you can get anywhere in Nashville. I prefer supporting local establishments, but I would rather go to Bonefish Grill because they have more of a selection. Maybe they should include some local fish, like sauger or walleye (best freshwater fish ever!).Special Features:
- Great oysters. The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Great oysters. The food was prepared perfectly. The wait staff was knowledgable and served all the food at our pace rather than when they had it prepared. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Enjoyed!Tboy58Dined on 7/13/2012Enjoyed dining on the porch and taking in the sites of the energetic neighborhood. The scallops were fantastic!Special Features:
- Food was good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012Food was good but pricey for what you get Limited fish slections for a seafood rest. I would have expected more options.Special Features:
- Had a great timeHclay3Dined on 7/9/2012went for a Bday dinner and was really impressede. The seafood was obviously fresh and cooked perfectly. Will return soon.Special Features:
- This is one of our fans.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012This is one of our fans. Continue to send family and friends here and no one is disappointed.Special Features:
- I've been to Fish and CompanyGreenHillsBoyVIPDined on 7/7/2012I've been to Fish and Company several times over the last few months and have now found a consistently good food and service. It is now one of my favorites as I appreciate reliable well prepared food and prices that are fair for the quality.Special Features:
- Food was excellent but wasMikeMVIPDined on 7/7/2012Food was excellent but was a bit expensive in light of the moderate facilities and ambiance. The only exception was their $1 Gulf Oysters. Very limited wine selection and selections by the glass were even more limited and overpriced. We will will probablhy go back but it will be a while.
- Flavor of foods tasted wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2012Flavor of foods tasted was quite good. Portion size of entrees was small for the $$. Service ok but a tad slow - pleasant but kind of blah. Too hot and very loud.
- A little disappointed.TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012A little disappointed.The waiter was on his first day & lacked experience.The menu was large enough for a small restaurant & the fish was very delicately cooked & fresh.The room itself reverberates with noise.I am not sure where an upscale very noisy atmosphere restaurant with such great food fits with my dining out requirements.I was expecting a more romantic ambiance for my wife's birthday so probably a poor choice for the occasion on my part.Special Features:
- Wonderful, tasty food. ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2012Wonderful, tasty food. Server was very knowledgable. Food arrived quickly. Nice menu with many choices.Special Features:
- The survey doesn't allow forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012The survey doesn't allow for "too noisy"...the acoustics are bad in the dining room on a crowded night.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our visit and theperryozVIPDined on 6/26/2012We enjoyed our visit and the food was good. Naturally fish oriented with some creative dishes. The bisque was bland and trout was covered in some sort of rub but with no sauce was slightly dry. Would probably return, but is not a must do place.Special Features: