Firkin on Yonge
207 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON M5B 2H1Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Firkin on Yonge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.firkinpubs.com/pubs/firkin-on-yonge
- Phone: (647) 345-0455
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Party Platters are available with 48 hours notice. Just call to get a party platter menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We can have private parties for groups from 10-120 people on our second floor lounge. Call us to check out availability.
- Private Party Contact: Kent 6473450455
- Entertainment: Live bands in the summer time. Call to find out our schedule.
A word from Firkin on Yonge
The Firkin on Yonge is a more sophisticated and elevated traditional English pub. Located right across from the Eaton"s Center on Yonge Street, just down the street from the Queen Subway Station, we're easy to find! Whether you're out shopping with your friends or you want to get away from the crowds of Yonge and Dundas, we are ready to be your perfect escape. Our two floors definitely get busy during concerts, UFC or sports nights, but there's always space to find a cozy nook with that special someone. Our second floor also allows us to host private events so contact us today to book your birthday, office party or special occasion. Special platter menus are also available for those such events.Continued
Check us out on Facebook and find us on twitter @FIRKINonyonge for more updates about specials, contests and promotions!
Check us out on Facebook and find us on twitter @FIRKINonyonge for more updates about specials, contests and promotions!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Firkin on Yonge reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Convenient locationAlianDined on 11/6/2014This pub is right downtown across from the Eaton Centre and right around the corner from Massey Hall (the reason for our trip to Toronto). They have a good selection of pub food with good British selections. I had the chicken curry and my wife had the fish and chips. The meals were good, but as expected in a Bar/pub atmosphere they were not great. As for atmosphere, there were a lot of young professionals at the bar who seemed to be having a good time. The music was good, a lot of variety, but it was a little loud for my tastes. The staff were very good and friendly, a treat in such as busy downtown location.Special Features:
- Good but Too LoudmchiuDined on 10/30/2014food was good. server was very pleasant. the music was so loud and you had to shout to talk. that's the reason we won't go back.Special Features:
- Awesome!JocelyneDined on 10/11/2014Great service and food! Didn't hover and didn't forget/ignore us either. Everything came with a smile and requests were filled quickly! I loved the casual and friendly air of this restaurant. Overall one of the best dining experiences I've had.Special Features:
- Oct 8, 2014DisappointedCustomerDined on 10/8/2014Very disappointed when we first arrived. They told us that we did not book a reservation even though we had email confirmation. We eventually got a table, but at the end of the night they added an extra pitcher and wings to our bill. Service was very slow, but the waitress was actually quite pleasant.Special Features:
- TrishmDined on 9/28/2014Party of 9 after the Sunday matinee of Wicked so it was probably quieter than usual. Everyone really enjoyed the food from fish&chips to veggie burger to potroast beef & yorkshire pudding and the curry too! Staff was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Good food, lots of noisepatzzsDined on 9/18/2014We enjoyed the selection, price and taste of food. Conversation was a struggle with all the noise and music playing very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Firkin on Yonge reviews archive.
- Good, but...DC187Dined on 6/26/2014We were seated immediately on arrival (10 minutes early) at a clean table, and swiftly had our drinks order taken. UN fortunately hearing each other was rather difficult for two reasons -at the next table was a guy with a fog--horn voice, who clearly wanted the entire restaurant to know ALL of his business (NOT the fault of the restaurant); and a FIFA game was in full swing with a big screen TV next to our table, with sound (imho) a wee bit too loud. Food service was a bit slow for lunchtime, and our guest had to get back to work without time for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to FirkinSp2014Dined on 6/14/2014Went there for a soccer game. Minimal selection of beers and food but good. For a sport event. Typical british fair of decent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorstTworedshoesDined on 5/24/2014It would have been helpful to know that the pub would be blasting, at full volume, a UFC match. Had we known, we would have taken our large group to pretty much any other bar in the city. We had to scream at each other over the match, and, somewhat appropriately, practically wrestle our server to the ground to get any service at all. I wasn't expecting a lot -- just a neutral pub where a large group of friends could catch up -- and figured that a Firkin would be a safe people-pleaser. Never again.
- Great serviceSharry2luvDined on 5/7/2014Told our server we were catching the 8pm We Will Rock You show around the corner at the Ed Mirvish Theatre, and she got us our bills, with dessert, just in time. Great stuff!Special Features:
- Very UnimpressedGlennVIPDined on 3/28/2014We have always had good luck booking through open table. The restaurants are always a bit higher end. We booked this restaurant as a family and tried to go there. It is small, exceedingly noisy (no band just the music from the sound system) and our waitress did not want to accommodate us in any way. Although we were seated across from each other at a very small table at the back, we could not hear each other over the blaring music. The menu options were very limited, and the table felt a bit sticky. We had ordered drinks and after they came we decided we needed somewhere more quiet, so we left after paying our drinks. Our waitress did not inquire why or even care. She seemed irritated that we could not suffer though the music
- Excellent RestaurantTwilightmanDined on 3/23/2014Brent our server was fantastic, it is in a great location if you are going to see a show at Massey Hall. We parked right behind Massey Hall and the back entrance to the restaurant was right there. Food was very good and so was the service and was not too loud.Special Features:
- Pre-show Dining At Its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014For those patrons attending any performance at Massey Hall, the Firkin On Yonge Street is the place to have a pre-show appetizer, drink, or meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recognize it was New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013I recognize it was New Year's Eve but Nachos were cold and sliders were burnt to a crisp - any other night would have sent back but needed to make it to City Hall.Special Features:
- Great First Time ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Little hole in the wall..then bam! Very polite and pleasant to the male eyes hostess greats you. Great layout, 2 floors. Staff very polite. Clean. Not too noisy. Food was very good. Side dish was a little slim. Happening on main floor at lunch. Everyone in our party really enjoyed their experience. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firkin - excellent lunch experiencePhilDined on 12/17/2013Food was typical bar fare, but very tasty. Service was prompt and efficient. Good place for a business lunch as the noise level was not too loud and you could carry on a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FunsweettreatsDined on 12/11/2013I brought my parents and sister to this restaurant before seeing the Little Mermaid, just down the street. Our server was enthusiastic and friendly, and we all enjoyed our meals. Timing was great, and the special on wine was a good idea! The pub is bright and modern and has that energetic vibe without being too loud. I'd definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great office seasonal lunchescangaDined on 12/10/2013We wanted to find a location that would provide and great chance to meet out of the office to celebrate the season. The Firkin on Yonge was perfect and will become a new spot for future lunch gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conscientious wait staffCheezDined on 12/8/2013We were a group of 9 including kids. My mom thought the music was too loud and our waiter did not even hesitate to turn it down. I have been to places where the request is either begrudgingly done or completely ignored. This impressed me. The food arrived quickly and was very tasty! A god time was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceFantasticVIPDined on 12/7/2013Was there last weekend and it wasn't a good time. The food was over cooked and everyone did not enjoy their dinner. I have been to many firkins and this just was not a good experience.
- Very good place.MaplejayDined on 11/16/2013Food, service and prices were all pretty good. The only thing that was a little off the evening I went was, we were a group of 7 people seated in a table that didn't fit 7. Hard for people to get in and out sitting in a booth especially with 7 people at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice707kiki707Dined on 11/14/2013yummy food, decent wait time, GOOOOOOD music! Foo Fighters and Billy Talent mixed with some classics. The scene is a bit older, my friend and i went (20 years old), and def lots of people 30+ but still some twenty-somethings hanging around. Went on a Thursday evening for dinner. Nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursdays-gals' night outCutebearDined on 11/7/2013The atmosphere of the classic British pub was comfortable and it was nice to have a booth to enjoy getting caught up with news with the gal pals for a meal and drink before going to the show. A satisfying variety of the pub range of comfort foods to choose from. Thursday nights is ladies night, so the martinis (a nice selection) were at a special discount as well as other specials, so definitely a good night for gal pals getting together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times, bad service!LeafsFanDined on 10/26/2013My friends and I go to the Firkin all the time, especially to watch the Leafs game - lots of screens to watch! They have a really awesome menu with lots to choose from and the laid-back feel is great for just hanging out with friends. The service is USUALLY great, in fact when we went during playoff season and the place was full, the manager brought in a table from outside so that we could see a TV screen...I thought that was over-the-top service. Our most recent visit was not the same. Our waitress was slow, cranky, and rude - she even called one of my friends "cheap" to his face after he left her a small tip for the bad service (she didn't even take the tip). Despite this one-time bad service, we will still go back to the Firkin!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with hockey maniaDiningwHenriVIPDined on 10/12/2013Great food with enthusiastic hockey crowd - service was quick and unobtrusive, especially order and delivery speed of drinks!Special Features:
- Food was bland and perogiesMMMMMMLOVEFOODDined on 6/9/2013Food was bland and perogies were undercooked The drinks are good
- We had absolutely, ridiculouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2013We had absolutely, ridiculously horrific service. Not only were we a table of about 20, but it was impossible to find the waitress to order food and drinks. I will never come to this firkin again, and I don't say this lightly because in fact I love the Firkin on King and Spadina - I go every week with my coworkers. This was just a horrible experience. I do not recommend anyone come here.
- Great food, fresh, good quantity.LoriDined on 4/28/2013Great food, fresh, good quantity. Check out the kids menu carefully. Grilled cheese sandwich was white cheddar, not for everyone. Apple juice and chocolate milk not on the menu. Overall, good experience.Special Features:
- Despite it being a busy SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013Despite it being a busy Saturday night in the middle of busy downtown Toronto, we were expected and well received when we arrived (no wait!). The service was quick, helpful and very friendly. The food: plentiful, freshly prepared and delicious pub food. Will definitely go back to this friendly, easy going place.Special Features: