8708 J W Clay Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.firewatercharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7045490050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Bar: Mon - Wed until Midnight Thus, Fri & Sat until 2:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Cornett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Firewater offers private and semi-private dining Monday through Saturday, and exclusive private events on Sundays. We are north Charlotte's premier location for corporate dinners, group luncheons, rehearsal dinners and intimate wedding receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Doolittle 7045490050
- Special Events: FireWater can customize any event from 6 - 100 people. We specialize in custom creations for business dinners, anniversaries, graduations, wedding receptions, and birthdays. Contact our catering team at 855-FIRE-H20 (347-3420) or email@example.com to book your events.
A word from FireWater
FireWater matches an eclectic atmosphere with inventive American cuisine, an award winning wine list, a full service bar and impeccable service. FireWater offers casual dining perfect for intimate dinners and parties of any size.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FireWater reviews from OpenTable diners
- They would do well to do somethingddddVIPDined on 11/9/2012They would do well to do something to createa better ambiance in this restaurant. Such good potential.
- Food was good, crying babyScottVIPDined on 10/17/2012Food was good, crying baby made the evening awful-won't go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- lamb was fatty (lots of wastemojo33VIPDined on 9/27/2012lamb was fatty (lots of waste for price) otherwise good dining experienceSpecial Features:
- It was just ok. Thought itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012It was just ok. Thought it was a little over priced for what you got. I think the waitress was new and unfortunately not great. Overall, kind of disappointing.Special Features:
- Our 6th wedding anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Our 6th wedding anniversary. The food was excellent, scenery was great. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Fire Water menu has gone throughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012Fire Water menu has gone through several changes, and alot of the food we have enjoyed they no longer serve.
- Dinner for two on a Tue evening...cBluedman09Dined on 8/7/2012Dinner for two on a Tue evening...candidly, kinda average for an OpenTable restaurant. Expensive average food.Special Features:
- Firewater is the third restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2012Firewater is the third restaurant to occupy this location. I've eaten at them all, and surprisingly, I liked them all. The location is pleasant, overlooking a man-made lake, but it is kind of buried in an area flush with restaurants and shops, and this may affect is long range success. Anyway, this latest version was quite pleasant with good food and excellent service,although the menu was somewhat limited. There is an outdoor dining area that we have used in the past which is quite pleasant except during the heat and humidity of Charlotte summers. All in all, we'll return to Firewater, if it sticks around!Special Features:
- Are here for lunch. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2012Are here for lunch. We were the only people in the restaurant. Food was good, but not spectacular.Special Features:
- Overall great for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012Overall great for the price. Very quite and clean.Special Features:
- The food was excellent! MyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012The food was excellent! My fiancé and I are usually late diners (8-9 PM); I wish that the hours were just a little longer. But overall, it was excellent and we will be back.Special Features:
- Nothing specialJRinGAVIPDined on 6/12/2012Very small wine list, food was very bland. We did have excellent service but that was about the only standout from this restaurant.
- The food was good far fromSolitaDined on 6/9/2012The food was good far from amazing, but not bad. My boyfriend and I both ordered a dish with salmon and both of ours were on the dry side. We were excited about seeing broccolini on the menu, however, it wasn't very good either. The glimmer of hope is that the location is beautiful and very romantic. The staff were all very nice! We will go back again based on those two things.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Given this was a Mother's Day Brunch, the restaurant should have had a plan to accommodate the crowd, there were several times that I attempted to retrieve a plate of food; however, there were no plates and many of the dishes were empty. Once I was able to get food, it was very good. My only additional comment is that the breakfast bar should have had a non-meat option such as turkey bacon or turkey sausage, or non-meat gravy. Many options were limited for people that do not eat red meat.Special Features:
- Great location, mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2012We had a nice time at FireWater and appreciated how convenient it was to the Hilton where we were staying and to other nearby restaurants/nightlife. However, the food was mediocre and we were the only ones in the restaurant at 9pm on a Friday night, leading us to believe that others haven't been impressed by the food, either. We probably would not return.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant. A littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2012Very nice restaurant. A little pricey, but food was good and service was good.Special Features:
- Music that sounded liked itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2012Music that sounded liked it was coming from the kitchen was distracting to conversation. The bar area became a little noisy during an exciting moment in a game that was on the TV. These knocks on the atmosphere were balanced by very good food and great service.Special Features:
- Known for their tuna, theyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2012Known for their tuna, they unfortunately were out that night. We'll have to return to get someSpecial Features:
- Eat At Your Own RiskOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/24/2012Should be possibly taken off opentable. The service was bad as was at least 2/3 of the food. We waited 20-25 minutes to get our first drink order, we never got our water refilled, I asked for light dressing on my salad...it came soaked, I asked for medium-rare steak...it came well done & the sides were cold, customer asked for medium steak...it came well done, customer asked for more bread....it never came. The only posative was that the wine pours were huge. I've learned to never make a major complaint on the food after watching Waiting & working in the F&B industry. The food was not being QC'ed and/or entered properly. The people were nice but not very attentive...they could have used more servers. I hope they improve.
- Menu appears very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2012Menu appears very good, but food is sub-par at best.
- We were there for a work celebratioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012We were there for a work celebration, and none of us were familiar with the restaurant. It was wonderful - very attentive, service was awesome, food really very good. I know our team in Charlotte will be back again!Special Features:
- Food was very good and pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2012Food was very good and prices are reasonable. Grilled Talipia over pimento cheese hash was one of the best dishes I have had in a while. I will definitely go back. Service was little slow even though they were not crowded but the server was very pleasant and helpful about the menu.Special Features:
- The food was ok. Nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2012The food was ok. Nothing special. Our server was very unattentive. We we there 15 minutes before we were even acknowledged. Didn't get our drinks til the appetizer was already out. Had to ask for silverware. Got a steak and was only given a butter knife. Had to ask for different things several times. We will give it another chance with another server and entree.Special Features:
- Freshest piece of tuna, ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2012Freshest piece of tuna, ever! Simply done, melt in your mouth. Better than Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Quiet spot. The food was EXCELLENT!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Quiet spot. The food was EXCELLENT! Definitely will revisit.Special Features:
- On Feb. 21st, I took my husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2012On Feb. 21st, I took my husband here for his birthday, and the food was great. We also received a complementary mango mousse cake that was phenomenal!Special Features:
- May try it again. May.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Went for Valentines. Food was pricey and not really that good. Staff was excellent.Special Features:
- Took a while to get service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Took a while to get service. If your really hungry, dont expect to get full off one plate.Special Features:
- 3.75/5OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Went for Valentines Day. The service was excellent and the place looked fantastic. Had a steak but there was a good bit of fat in it. That was rather disappointing. All in all it was a fun place and good to see a upper scale place in the university.Special Features:
- Very great restaurant. EnjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Very great restaurant. Enjoyed the great scenery and wonderful food, service, and all around atmosphere.Special Features:
- The food for the ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012The food for the Valentine special menu was outstanding. I had the tuna that was delicious and my partner had the steak which was delicious as well. The presentation was really good. All courses were really good and timed perfectly.Special Features:
- The Valentine's Day Menu onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012The Valentine's Day Menu only had four limited choices that did not include chicken at all. How is chicken not included on a limited menu. In addition we we were assigned a table that was in the middle of the floor. we asked to change our table and were informed that we could not. This was not the best experience. It really made no sense to me why they could not change our tables. We asked 3 different hostesses and were inofmred no by all of them. There excuse was the restaurant was booked and they had already preassigned all tables. Really how hard is it to cross out our name on your list and replace it with someone elses to do a reassingments.
- FireWater - En FuegoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012While looking for a "new for us" restaurant to share a Valentine's Day dinner, I found FireWater using the OpenTable app on my iPhone. I had been to previous restaurants in this same location; however, after reviewing FireWater's website and normal menu, I could tell that this place was different in a good way. I assumed that the Valentine's Day menu would be different since this is not my first time around the block. And they nailed it! The special-menu options were varied and had something for all taste buds. The food was very good, but the service and ambiance were outstanding. My family will certainly be back to dine with FireWater again sooner than later for some of the menu items not available on Valentine's Day. Thanks!Special Features:
- The food was very good. ItcharlotteansDined on 2/11/2012The food was very good. It was totally empty though on a Saturday night which was weird. Perhaps this is a weekday hangout? I had Shrimp and Grits which were excellent. Everyone at our table tried something different and they were all good. Martinis had a good pour of vodka in them too!Special Features:
- Had a small business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2012Had a small business lunch there. Food was good, but even though the restaurant was not crowded, our service was poor. I think one person was waiting on the entire restaurant. Our water glasses were not refilled, the food took a long time to be served, and after the entrees arrived, the waiter never checked on us. Also, I didn't like that when I asked if I could substititute a vegetable for french fries, I was told that I would have to buy the vegetable as an extra side dish. I said OK, I'll have the asparagus, but hold the bernaise sauce. Later he brought the main dish with only the vegetable, no fries, and no bernaise sauce (as requested), but charged me $4.95 extra!
- Good food with reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012Good food with reasonable prices. The portions were generous.Special Features:
- Strike One, I GuessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2012Really love this restaurant & enjoy coming here for special occasions. My friends & I did not, however, have an enjoyable time this past weekend. Waitress was aloof, ditzy & not very helpful - messed up two of five orders and kept forgetting to put in our drink orders. Restaurant was out of sirloin (at 8:00p.m. on a Saturday)- an integral ingredient in two popular menu choices - so we had to settle for NY Strip, which ended up being overcooked. My other experiences here have been great, so I'll go back & just make sure to sit in a different server's section.Special Features:
- After reading some of theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2012After reading some of the other reviews here, I was a bit apprehensive. When we arrived, it was not busy, so we were seated quickly and our waitress came right away. Overall, the service level was good, prompt and courteous. The tuna tartar was ok, not great. the coatings, dressings or marinades (whatever they were)were a little weak. The presentation was not at all like the menu picture. Actually it was a little sloppy. I had the shrimp and grits and Sandy had the sirloin oscar. My dish was hot and flavorful. The chili/cumin flavor was a surprise, but overall a nice plate. (More grits would have been nice) Her steak was a good size and had a nice flavor. The crab tasted a little fishy(frozen?) Overall a good+, not great meal. May go back.
- I really like Firewater. ItEnvelmanVIPDined on 1/20/2012I really like Firewater. It is tucked away in the corner of a shopping center and not what you would expect. The Food is excellent and service was terrific. This place is a find.Special Features:
- Had the Tuna Tartar AppetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/20/2012Had the Tuna Tartar Appetizer - It was very nice We've eaten here a number of times and it is consistently goodSpecial Features: